Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I just registered the steam code and assigned the game to the category "Backlog". I intend to never even launch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

SirPenguin posted:

The more I read on the quest system the more anxious I get

I like my RPG content to be akin to a checklist. A system in which I am just continuously locked out of content as I spend time elsewhere is going to make it way more stressful than it should be. How can you enjoy a quest if you know that others are being automatically failed as a punishment?

You are the reason TES games are getting worse, btw.

It is your fault, you and your kin. Your ilk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Barkley 2 is going to be the Shenmue 3 of Barkley Shut Up and Jam, in that it will have a kickstarted announced 16 years after the first one came out

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

scandoslav posted:

You are the reason TES games are getting worse, btw.

It is your fault, you and your kin. Your ilk.

How can you get worse than garbage? Those games were never good.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I haven't seen any updates from bisse or frankiepixelshow in quite a while, and those weekly updates stopped hilariously at week 2, so now I'm wondering what part of the joke we're currently in.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Frankie is busy working on another Kickstarter game sure to come out, Octopus City Blues.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

notZaar posted:

Yo Daggerfall let me walk for hours and set up as a nobody jobbing knight in whatever unimportant backwater principality I wanted. That poo poo is beautiful.

Had there been modders back then somebody would've implemented all of the stuff that Bethesda didn't.

Though come to think of it you could find character sheet picture mods on Usenet that would give your Daggerfall lady bigger tits, which maybe I downloaded? It was like 20 years ago I don't remember.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

morrowind was extremely good

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Under the vegetable posted:

morrowind was extremely good

Was it really?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
ok it was kind of a bad game mechanically but it had really amazing writing and world design and even the bad mechanical stuff was a lot of fun to break and mess around with. it's the only good elder scrolls game and its not only the only one with good writing, it has some of the best writing ever in video games.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It wasn't extremely good, it was just really good.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Most of Morrowind's gameplay problems went away after getting more than ten levels in a weapon skill and then brewing an insanely powerful restore fatigue potion that could last a year's worth of playtime. I can see what they were trying to accomplish by tying accuracy to the player's stamina but it didn't make for very good gameplay.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Every year or so, I get the urge to play Morrowind. I finish the tutorial and realise that I don't want to suffer through the game mechanics and turn it off. It is an enticing world though, I'll give you that.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I don't know where I'll find the time for both Barkley 2 and Skywind :ohdear:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

We neeed Derek Smart To pull This Fucker Down

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

have they made a morrowind complete overhaul mod for skyrim yet

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Ui stuff for Morrowind is a big issue. A modern questlog would be a massive life-saver, more than any gameplay tweak I can think of.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

chaos rhames posted:

Ui stuff for Morrowind is a big issue. A modern questlog would be a massive life-saver, more than any gameplay tweak I can think of.

God, yeah, that purely chronological journal was a loving nightmare to pick through after a while. It got to the point where you'd keep your own actual pen-and-paper journal with only the salient bits of whatever quests you had any interest in finishing.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

scandoslav posted:

I don't know where I'll find the time for both Barkley 2 and Skywind :ohdear:
Don't worry, you'll be dead before one of those games see daylight.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Angry Diplomat posted:

God, yeah, that purely chronological journal was a loving nightmare to pick through after a while. It got to the point where you'd keep your own actual pen-and-paper journal with only the salient bits of whatever quests you had any interest in finishing.

doing that rules though

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

oddium posted:

have they made a morrowind complete overhaul mod for skyrim yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOOP-tQCfqw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Under the vegetable posted:

doing that rules though

Not really

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Yea really.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
For that matter why doesn't Morrowind have a quest arrow telling me exactly which direction I need to go at all times so I never have to look at or engage with the environment, or better yet a line on the ground leading me straight there

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I wish it wasin the Skyrim engine sk instead of being able to make up my own spells and cast a temporary levitate and rage spell on an enemy and make them chase me straight up into the air until my spell wears off and they plummet to their deaths i have the vast options of hit w weapon or use fireball type spell

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Boy I really miss poorly designed games for spergs

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Boy I really miss poorly designed games for spergs

i don't, because they come out constantly. you can play fallout 4 and overwatch right now, gamer.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Worked on some room concepts yesterday on my stream, I forgot to link it here sorry. You can see the recorded stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow/v/76857126
Did another stream similar to this the week before, too.
Been working on room layouts for Brain City, working on simple backgrounds and sketching in room details and objects over it in simple colors.
Much of the Brain City work that has been done before is the quest structures and the NPCs themselves, we need to make the proper sets and backgrounds now.
When we are happy with the overall layout, we will be planning the new tileset and other assets we need, looking at which tiles could be reused, etc, then we will be making the actual assets. Walls, floors, props etc. Maybe some extra NPCs to make some rooms feel more crowded, too, where needed.

I am almost done with one of my freelance jobs, this should really help free up some time. It can be a bit paralyzing to be pulled in so many directions at once, so many things to work on, but that's how the business works. Other things taking up my time right now, I've been working on a simple game I want to release on steam, an exploration platformer thing, it passed greenlight last month. Hoping that release will help me to not need to do any freelancing for a while, but its taking a good share of my time until then.

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 8, 2016

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I will be dead by the time this game is released.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dr.Smasher posted:

A true doom murderhead. :allears:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Honestly I don't think this game is coming out before 2018 at the earliest

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Wezlar posted:

Honestly I don't think this game is coming out

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Wezlar posted:

Honestly I don't think this a game.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It's going to come out, at or before 11/11/2023. The promise has been made. :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr.Smasher posted:

I mean, if you think about it, statistically this will be true for some number of people

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

in 20XX a game was delivered...

starbound

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CuddlyZombie posted:

It's going to come out, at or before 11/11/2023. The promise has been made. :colbert:

It'll be released on 11/11/2023, but it could be an early access game before then.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I'm just glad Steam lets us remove games from our libraries.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

chrisoya posted:

I'm just glad Steam lets us remove games from our libraries.

i too plan to remove every other game once bakely 2 comes out. won't be needing them anymore :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bakely spread on the jam: gaiden