Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

A Pale Horse posted:

Until Putin decides he wants Finlands incredibly valuable bogs and the legions of weapons grade mosquitoes. :colbert:

Not to mention better defense against Sweden's ever dangerous navy.

But all of this is moot anyway once President Trump dissolves the alliance and Russia steamrolls its way to Berlin in two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

A Pale Horse posted:

Until Putin decides he wants Finlands incredibly valuable bogs and the legions of weapons grade mosquitoes. :colbert:
Putin is going to take Finland just to get to Sweden, to gain control of one of the greatest strategic resources in the world; affordable flat pack furniture.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It's obviously for that "empire of Romanovs" achievement. Next one will of course be "Fourth Rome"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Romania wants the English to move to Romania it seems. Other perks include over 50% of their young adults speak English and they have really good food and clean, safe streets.

"Surprisingly safe streets", mind you. It's a fantastic, bizzare ad campaign.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Surprisingly for what, vampires lurking?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

anilEhilated posted:

"Surprisingly few vampires" is also a plank of the campaign.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

anilEhilated posted:

Mostly because British people tend to think that all our petty thieves & so forth moved here from Eastern Europe. Despite petty crime existing before Britain was in the EU.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Mostly because British people tend to think that all our petty thieves & so forth moved here from Eastern Europe. Despite petty crime existing before Britain was in the EU.
It's not really surprising anyway, since all the Romanian thieves left for Britain.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

"Surprisingly few vampires" is also a plank of the campaign.

Are they saying Prince Charles actually isn't one?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

OddObserver posted:

He's why it's not "no vampires whatsoever at all!"

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Lizards are not vampires, a common mistake

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

forkboy84 posted:

Well all the British petty thieves were sent to Australia, so it'd make sense that if any petty thief exist in Britain now, it's because they came from some other country.

Look at it this way: you get to be Eastern Europe's Australia.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

awesome-express posted:

Lizards are not vampires, a common mistake
Lizards are reverse vampires.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Mattress posted:

Well all the British petty thieves were sent to Australia, so it'd make sense that if any petty thief exist in Britain now, it's because they came from some other country.

Look at it this way: you get to be Eastern Europe's Australia.

Look, Romanian petty thieves are just thieving the things that British petty thieves won't thieve.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Open source software is required now for all Bulgarian government computers.

And forget Eastern Poland, have you considered moving to Transylvania? Yes, that Transylvania! Prince Charles of Great Britain did! Best nature, fastest internet connection speed in the EU, surprisingly very few vampires.

I have honestly always wanted to go to Transylvania. I have heard its beautiful country with lots of sites and sights. plus dracula.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

OddObserver posted:

"we got Prince Charles here" is the very first thing they mention in giving their pitch.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I have honestly always wanted to go to Transylvania. I have heard its beautiful country with lots of sites and sights. plus dracula.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I don't really watch TV anymore but this came across my facebook feed.

This is the sort of stuff that gets trotted out when you appoint Catholic fanatics to run your TV station:

The question posed to the audience is "Are modern day Jews responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?"

As you can see the audience is very divided in the matter. :saddowns:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Well, it's progress it's not 100% for "Tak"...

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

This is the sort of stuff that gets trotted out when you appoint Catholic fanatics to run your TV station:

The question posed to the audience is "Are modern day Jews responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?"

The program's name is "Worth debating," and hell, it is.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

A Pale Horse posted:

Jews enabled the sacrifice that led to the salvation of humanity and we have been giving them poo poo for it ever since. urgh now we have to go to heaven, loving assholes.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Worth noting that on July 4th was the 70th anniversary of Kielce pogrom. 42 Jews killed because of rumors of a child used in committing blood libel. Yes, after WW2.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 12, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pierogi posted:

Worth noting that on July 4th was the 70th anniversary of Kielce pogrom. 42 Jews killed because of rumors of a child used in committing blood libel. Yes, after WW2.

I think the most depressing thing is that if you put in "Kielce pogrom" into Wikipedia you go to a disambiguation page

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

dex_sda posted:

I think the most depressing thing is that if you put in "Kielce pogrom" into Wikipedia you go to a disambiguation page

A few years back I was taking the Grundstufe-level German courses at my local Goethe Institut and there was a somewhat cute Polish girl in the class (she was born in Poland). Inevitably at some point a discussion of Recent German History came up, and when the inevitable subject became the Shoah... she piped up with 'well you know they really were asking for it, how they scammed and ripped off the Polish people with their profiteering' and then talked about how in each town it was some rich Jew merchant who charged exorbitant prices to the hard working Polish peasants, etc. and so while she deplored killing the Jews, they were greedy and had been leeching off the Poles for centuries.

When she slowed down to draw breath, I basically said 'Please shut up, and never bring this subject up ever again.' She was literally shocked anyone couldn't see how the Jews in Poland didn't 'ask for it'.

At one point (before this incident) she'd asked for a lift home in the rain, so I did, then she invited me upstairs 'for tea', so I went, and then I met her drug-dealer Russian boyfriend that she did not expect to find at home. After the Holocaust rant she went on and I told her to shut up, she announced at break (when I was out of the room) to the rest of the class that she was not talking to me any more because I was rude to her.

Cute, crazy, anti-Semitic, shacked up with a Russian drug-dealer. POLAND!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Pierogi posted:

Cases of accusation of blood libel and related pogroms were way up throughout occupied Europe after WW2, and it is not a coincidence. The Germans took measures specifically to spread and reinforce such a superstition in hopes of getting the local populace to do their work for them. It worked.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

Cute, crazy, anti-Semitic, shacked up with a Russian drug-dealer. POLAND!
Pls remind her how much she's supposed to hate Russia(ns).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

Pls remind her how much she's supposed to hate Russia(ns).

More than love drugs?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I'm sad now. People in this country suck.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A Pale Horse posted:

Just so you know - this guy's shows were nuts like this and extremely pro-Catholic even when PO was still in power.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
A friend of mine decided to visit Poland after they finished high school and I was pretty surprised at the time how much antisemitism they witnessed

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Every single polish person I've met, even if they seem nice, always brought out some crazy antisemitism mixed with conspiracy theories. The few non jew-hating polish folk I met were all super catholic though and would rant about how global warming is a communist plot and how after the soviet union fell all the communists and their propagandists just became the environmental movement to continue their attack on personal freedom (ie capitalism). Anyone who is even slightly critical of any aspect of capitalism is some sort of cyrpto-soviet. Also poor people are poor because they are lazy, don't believe in god properly, and are probably communists.

I'm sure there's some nice non-crazy polish people out there, I've just yet to have the lovely chance to meet them.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Are you hanging out with Max Kolonko fan club?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Every single polish person I've met, even if they seem nice, always brought out some crazy antisemitism mixed with conspiracy theories. The few non jew-hating polish folk I met were all super catholic though and would rant about how global warming is a communist plot and how after the soviet union fell all the communists and their propagandists just became the environmental movement to continue their attack on personal freedom (ie capitalism). Anyone who is even slightly critical of any aspect of capitalism is some sort of cyrpto-soviet. Also poor people are poor because they are lazy, don't believe in god properly, and are probably communists.

I'm sure there's some nice non-crazy polish people out there, I've just yet to have the lovely chance to meet them.

Polish people don't like capitalism either.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

No -ism but Catholicism!! :catholic:

Edit: "No comrades or kings, only god!"

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 12, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Seriously, the anecdotal evidence poo poo? Is this the moment where we start sharing stories about fascist East-Germans and dumb Americans that we met? Reporting what kind of lovely things are happening in Poland is one thing (a good thing) and there's a neverending supply of that but writing what kind of national generalizations you came up with after your encounter with some random people is worthless no matter what nation is on the receiving end. I thought this thread was pretty good at not having to go in that direction.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 12, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Clancychat, Putin just shitcanned every single commander in the Baltic Fleet over their refusal to play grabass with American ships.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tm_content=link

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

-Troika- posted:

Speaking of Clancychat, Putin just shitcanned every single commander in the Baltic Fleet over their refusal to play grabass with American ships.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tm_content=link

Eh, it likely had more to do with the stealing from the wrong pile. (Also unlike what the slug suggests, pretty sure he didn't have them executed).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I work for a Polish company, and my boss has never brought up any conspiracy theory. I should quit!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

I work for a Polish company, and my boss has never brought up any conspiracy theory. I should quit!

Definitely, he's probably part of it :tinfoil:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

Definitely, he's probably part of it :tinfoil:

My boss is a woman! is she even a real Polish catholic? Unlikely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Anos posted:

Jews enabled the sacrifice that led to the salvation of humanity and we have been giving them poo poo for it ever since. urgh now we have to go to heaven, loving assholes.

I've always wondered since I was a little kid why Romans/Italians catch no blame for it whatsoever. The placement of the Vatican probably has something to do with it.