Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Jotaro isn't present for a large swath of Part 4 because he's busy in his hotel room, writing the sickest one liners you'll ever hear for the fateful day when he does get to fight someone again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holly demands that Jotaro call her every day and tell her about what new starfish he described that day.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mischitary posted:

So far this two-parter has probably been as good as Part 4 has been for me. The whole flashback with future Josuke was really intriguing, as was the stuff in the OP. So far, I'd say that peak Jojo for me has been the Egypt stuff in Stardust Crusaders. They did such an incredible job building up DIO. And the way the whole mystery of DIO's stand played out with everyone talking about how it's absurdly powerful and invincible culminating in scenes like the one where Polnareff tries to walk up the stairs but actually goes down them instead really made it seem like DIO had these god-like powers. I'm hoping that pretty soon we start seeing some real poo poo go down in DiU that rivals the end of Stardust Crusaders.

The final fight of DiU is maybe my favorite fight in all of JoJo, so I hope you'll enjoy it!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Same.

One time I re-read the lead up and the final fight of Part 4 while really stoned and I thought it was a true work of art, just a beautiful piece of media. I was on the edge of my loving seat and losing it about something I had already read like a year ago

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

Jotaro isn't present for a large swath of Part 4 because he's busy in his hotel room, writing the sickest one liners you'll ever hear for the fateful day when he does get to fight someone again.

It's just "Good Grief" hundreds pix times but some are crossed out and others are underlined.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Y'all ain't all that letting people wait and see what happens huh

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
This reviewer gets jojo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is EoH stuff so heads up to anime only folk.

He's objectively wrong about Speedwagon, Gyro Zeppeli and Kira_______

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 10, 2016

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

lol at how lovely those animations are in the model viewer. Favourite was when Jolyne's shoulder snaps back every cycle.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've between ignoring any mentions of predictions based off the OP because imo an anime only watcher wouldn't actually get much from it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I've between ignoring any mentions of predictions based off the OP because imo an anime only watcher wouldn't actually get much from it.

It'll be fun to look back at the OP when particular events happen, though. You know, like we did with Stardust Crusaders.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Every little hint and foreshadowing in the OPs is like a love letter from david to Araki himself. The more subtle the better too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Every little hint and foreshadowing in the OPs is like a love letter from david to Araki himself. The more subtle the better too.

Yeah they're great in retrospect but it's usually impossible to predict stuff from them. My favorite subtle OP moment is in Hunter X Hunter when Netero is missing his arm but his billowing sleeve makes it hard to see unless you know he loses it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Why are you posting the lyrics to a Touhou fan song in the Jojo thread?

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

He gave Jotaro a 4/5, what the gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Why are you posting the lyrics to a Touhou fan song in the Jojo thread?

The kanji for "Touhou" are the same as "Higashikata" in Josuke's name, incidentally.

Maybe that's the joke idk

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The kanji for "Touhou" are the same as "Higashikata" in Josuke's name, incidentally.

What the gently caress.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
And considering "東方" just means "eastern", his actual name might as well just be "japanese jojo"

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Dias posted:

What the gently caress.

~Kanji readings~, basically

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

daft punk railroad posted:

And considering "東方" just means "eastern", his actual name might as well just be "japanese jojo"

But Jotaro was already that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Charlie Bobson posted:

He gave Jotaro a 4/5, what the gently caress.

The best girl boy got a 5, though.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Maybe that's the joke idk

holy poo poo, i thought this was a joke, but it really is

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When he says "Chase you" in the song i thought he was saying "chances".

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CJ posted:

When he says "Chase you" in the song i thought he was saying "chances".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhNnvX3Sx0

(Maybe for some ED down the line)

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Hey, manga people!

When will Solaire of Astora's cameo going to happen?

I'm really hyped to see his stand, 「Walking on Sunshine」.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Watched the last two episodes back to back last night. I think I said this before, but I find Jojos at its best when it leans on horror elements.

Also, could it be that the flashback that Koichi described is half true at best? It wasn't in his body pages (Leave it to Araki to have something as whimsical as being turned into a book twisted into high grade body horror.), and he freely admits he was not listening all that closely when Josuke explained it and was filling in the blanks with his own speculation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

Hey, manga people!

That's Anjuro, so episode 1.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, could it be that the flashback that Koichi described is half true at best? It wasn't in his body pages (Leave it to Araki to have something as whimsical as being turned into a book twisted into high grade body horror.), and he freely admits he was not listening all that closely when Josuke explained it and was filling in the blanks with his own speculation.

Even assuming that it's all Koichi's fanfiction, the only things we need to know for sure is that Josuke was sick from DIO, which the series has confirmed, and that some guy with that hair saved him when he was in a situation where he could die, which Josuke confirmed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dragonwagon posted:

Hey, manga people!

Angelo did this pose in episode two.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hmm I'm not sure this is what Mob Psycho is about...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
in memory of crazy noisy bizarre town

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not having nightmares is overrated, proclick.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

Hey, manga people!

Yeah, I asked that way back when, that's Angelo, y'know, guy who killed Josuke's granpappy with the water stand. He's is A Rock, currently. A fitting punishment considering water beats rock.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Even assuming that it's all Koichi's fanfiction, the only things we need to know for sure is that Josuke was sick from DIO, which the series has confirmed, and that some guy with that hair saved him when he was in a situation where he could die, which Josuke confirmed.

Also that Josuke couldn't come up with a hairstyle of his own and just copied some dude who saved his life or whatever.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Angelo made that pose after he bit off a dog's face, spit the chewed up bits into the mouth of it's George Costanza looking rear end owner and made his Stand come out of his ears after blowing his brains out.

ya know, in case you were wondering

this is a pro loving click tho a lil NSFW at the end

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 11, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It was supposed to be the Summer of George. :smith:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Combat Lobster posted:

It's funny seeing the first Bleach OP after so long. The biggest reason why I like Part 4 so much is that it represents everything I wanted Bleach to be; a slice of life comedy set in a small town where super-powered teens beat up weird and unique 'bad' guys.

This, it's weird to remember a time where Bleach was good. Or at least had promise. Shows in that style are rare.

Also i may not have realized in what thread i was when i made that post. Edited, but crap, that wasn't a display of acumen :(

Echoes, WHAT THE gently caress happened

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 11, 2016

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Nah guys, I'm pretty sure it's Solaire. As an obsessive, but very determined weirdo, he would fit right in this show.

Looks like the costume budget ran out by the time they got to Koichi's backpack.

Hope they'll do all the other OPs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I hope the JoJo Go Animate guy is going to do the new OP.

• Locked thread