Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lazrin posted:

maybe.

unless you needed them for something else.

and said lead's schedule called for them being in the country for another major project.

Maybe the cost will be offset by a meteorite with a solid gold core landing at Chris Robert's feet

Maybe we are in for a Mad Max future where Motion Capture footage and bad scripts are more valuable than gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

shrach posted:

I really hate to do this. Again, you appear to have repeated words you might have heard once and think you understand but you do not understand.

These accounts are not abbreviated. Abbreviated accounts can be filed by a company (or group) that fulfils two of three requirements, this company alone does not meet any of the three and so decided to comply with the law and not file abbreviated accounts.

If you have literally any knowledge of accountancy, you could tell within seconds by browsing the accounts but I'm going to teach you how to cheat in future. Go to the very first page and the cover sheet will literally tell you. Look at the previous year and you'll see it clearly state they are abbreviated accounts. Look at the current year and you will see they are not.

Harsh. :(

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Lazrin posted:

you stupid twats and your egomaniacal dimwit leader ... god drat, it's embarrassing

here's a hint: learn yourself. not here, not in smart's blog... it's made up poo poo.

Hi Derek!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jst0rm posted:

If you needed them for something else you mismanaged everything. You should have everything ready when you start principal photography.

Citizens are weird. They like arguing that 'well, maybe Chris hosed up this way instead of that way' and think that if they offer up a large enough number of scenarios of Chris's incompetence it will somehow add up to that he's a great manager and everything is fine.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
We parped Gary Oldman out of SQ42.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Hamills character is called old man. This is not a joke.

There is only one "old man" and that is Dax. :colbert:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God drat, I had forgotten how inhuman Sandi is during that interview.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

That's not a very strong argument for their being reshoots, then. :D

sorry I missed this. The reality is reshoots should be budgeted for. However you dont want to use them. That is the goal. If anyone wants to peck through all of the positions at cig look for one called LINE PRODUCER. This is the position that calculates costs and over runs for film production. If they dont have one for the filming aspect of production then well lol.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
This thread always delivers.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jst0rm posted:

Oh well there you go. Maybe he is taking over for Gary after he realized what a pile of poo poo he got himself into.

So he's in England redoing the Bishop speech. The perfect end to CitizenCon this year would be them airing the exact same speech, only voiced by 'Old Man' this time. I would orgasmicide.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So he's in England redoing the Bishop speech. The perfect end to CitizenCon this year would be them airing the exact same speech, only voiced by 'Old Man' this time. I would orgasmicide.

It would be beyond awesome. CIG never fails to deliver the lols so I'm expecting it.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Jst0rm posted:

If you needed them for something else you mismanaged everything. You should have everything ready when you start principal photography.

you know performance capture and photography are different things, right? different studios, different disciplines, different crews....

logical way to split them up based on your talent's availability.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

It's better if you imagine "For two hundred yearrzzzsssz" with Hamill's whiny Luke voice.

And even better if you imagine it with Hamill's Joker voice.

Lazrin posted:

you know performance capture and photography are different things, right? different studios, different disciplines, different crews....

But the same big fuckin' pot of backer money for a video game.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 11, 2016

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

the logical way is the plan and do it the cheapest way you can. The hard way is to spend more money.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Imagine being a game developer and the CEO's useless wife roams the office all day looking for excuses to take pictures of you and post on Facebook

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Ayn Marx posted:

Imagine being a game developer and the CEO's useless wife roams the office all day looking for excuses to take pictures of you and post on Facebook

thats when you whip out your dick and lock eyes with her and masturbate.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

Oh right, you mean they planned this all along? I'd hesitate to accuse you of just trying to arguing against every possible scenario without offering up anything that you could seriously claim to believe in, because that's both disingenuous and ineffective. Do they teach you this poo poo in Reddit?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I just clicked on this thread with 6k unread posts what's the latest hilariously awful fuckup from crobberts and co?

I saw this posted a couple pages back and just assume that it is a perfect visualization of the ongoing development process

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2158909/

There is an example of a line producer on a video game motion capture. Shooting is shooting. I dont know this person personally but that is a real position even in motion capture.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

There's literally no way you're this stupid.

I refuse to believe it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

I refuse to believe it.

Look at you still having faith in citizens. :laffo:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Jst0rm posted:

thats when you whip out your dick and lock eyes with her and masturbate.

No, that comes after, when she gets the calipers and razor to ensure company regulation uniformity.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Propagandist posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/752568008950906881

:eyepop:

E: nm, I think Derek just meant he is "finished" with his role in production, rather than backing out. Prolly just means he doesn't have any other material to do or re-do.

This ties in with something I observed a while ago on the CIG jobs page. This particular listing is dated June 20 but I think the text I'm about to quote goes back at least a few months before that. Do you notice any conspicuous absences from the star-studded cast?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jst0rm posted:

sorry I missed this. The reality is reshoots should be budgeted for. However you dont want to use them. That is the goal. If anyone wants to peck through all of the positions at cig look for one called LINE PRODUCER. This is the position that calculates costs and over runs for film production. If they dont have one for the filming aspect of production then well lol.

"The backers will never know"

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Gwaihir posted:

I just clicked on this thread with 6k unread posts what's the latest hilariously awful fuckup from crobberts and co?

I saw this posted a couple pages back and just assume that it is a perfect visualization of the ongoing development process

Yes. Also Major Tom's angry videos :pgabz. :argh: Major Toms Channel

Latest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzEsaJF1qrc

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm really looking forward to Sandi becoming serious box office poison. I know she's terrible right now but I want to see what happens when she gets the complete and utter failure of the largest crowdfunded game hung around her neck. She'll be known as the unqualified harpy that was only hired because she was married to the CEO. Tales of how terrible she really is and how awful it was to work with her will eventually be leaked to the press. Nobody will ever hire her for anything because of the stink of Star Citizen following her around.

Unless she goes to jail for money laundering first. Then it's all a moot point.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Gary may be gone from SC but he will always be with us.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Jst0rm posted:

Gary may be gone from SC but he will always be with us.

:gary:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The outtake of Gary being unable to say his name was legit funny.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Gwaihir posted:

That, my friend, is the immersion.

Look at that commando.

Look how immersed he is.

And that is just one anus of many. There are anuses as there are stars in the sky.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Oh right, you mean they planned this all along? I'd hesitate to accuse you of just trying to arguing against every possible scenario without offering up anything that you could seriously claim to believe in, because that's both disingenuous and ineffective. Do they teach you this poo poo in Reddit?

wait wait wait. you think *i'm* the one stretching the story to try and fit it into some psychotic narrative? no, that's you.

normal rational people (and professionals in the industry who understand these things) will understand that talent like hamill is expensive and on a schedule. if you have a performance capture shoot scheduled, and not enough time for a live action shoot, then you look down the road for another schedule opening.

"hey look, he'll be back here for star wars in july, let's see if that works for him."

it's not hard, and not a stretch. this is the more likely scenario. you can't do "reshoots" on set for a past performance capture. they are different purposes.

that's the last free lesson you get.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

wait wait wait. you think *i'm* the one stretching the story to try and fit it into some psychotic narrative? no, that's you.

normal rational people (and professionals in the industry who understand these things) will understand that talent like hamill is expensive and on a schedule. if you have a performance capture shoot scheduled, and not enough time for a live action shoot, then you look down the road for another schedule opening.

"hey look, he'll be back here for star wars in july, let's see if that works for him."

it's not hard, and not a stretch. this is the more likely scenario. you can't do "reshoots" on set for a past performance capture. they are different purposes.

Well, you are the total loving mouthbreathing moron who doesn't even know what "principal photography" means...

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I refuse to believe it.

What does your heart tell you?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

But she looks the same - regarding her emotions - in every pic.

It's nearly like this

Only difference is: this guy earns quite some money driving an engine with wheels bolted on around, she needs quite some money to pretend that she is an actress.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

This ties in with something I observed a while ago on the CIG jobs page. This particular listing is dated June 20 but I think the text I'm about to quote goes back at least a few months before that. Do you notice any conspicuous absences from the star-studded cast?

:captainpop:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Lazrin posted:

talent like hamill is expensive
Source?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

StraightFace posted:

What does your heart tell you?

My heart tells me that Star Marine is weeks, not months, away.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lazrin posted:

Friend, we do not use your Reddit-style markup language, if you want italics you encase your word in [i] and [/ i] (without the space).

As for your incredibly contrived fantasy of how this could be construed into a tale of CIG's competency, it sadly doesn't do it for me. Now I don't talk much Reddit, but what I think you're trying to say is that having Hamill on is more expensive than building a stage and paying the rent for the Imaginarium? And that he was too busy to do it last year when, to my knowledge, he actually cleared his schedule and dedicated himself full-time to Squadron 42, being the latest film by his friend Chris Roberts?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Lazrin posted:

normal rational people (and professionals in the industry who understand these things) will understand that talent like hamill is expensive and on a schedule.

You remind me of someone else, someone I had to tell that they were a douchebag. This person did not want to admit their douchebaggery, and to my knowledge still has not.

You may be equally smug and reprehensible, but hopefully you are willing to admit your own faults. This is the last free lesson you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

boviscopophobic posted:

Heh. Figures they left her name out, whoever hosed that up- well let's just say she won't stop her shears at the balls.

• Locked thread