Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
nintendo has a huge stake in the pokemon company and owns most of pokemon as a concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah theres no way nintendo isnt get a slice of the pie here

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
like, all the character images, they own game freak, or have a majority share, and created the pokemon company, so they are definitely profiting from Pokemon Go, considering there shares have jumped a ton since its release and Iwata had a hand in its making

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
also Niantic announced Google, Nintendo, and The Pokémon Company would invest $30 million in it to support the growth of the company and its products.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
gently caress cell phone fraudsters

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

gently caress cell phone fraudsters

http://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-robbers-pokemon-app-target-victims-cops/story?id=40474315

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Team Rocket!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this final fight in paper jam is some hardcore bullshit lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

goferchan posted:

Whoa monster hunter comes out Friday??

drat straight it does.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendos stock rose 33% and is its highest since 1983. If you were smart you would invest now before Pokemon go launches worldwide. You will see a nice return easily.

-BBG out

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stock was actually halted from trading since it reached the daily maximum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hate Normies so much but if this gives Nintendo a billion dollars so they can continue making weird consoles for another decade I'll live with it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I hate Normies so much but if this gives Nintendo a billion dollars so they can continue making weird consoles for another decade I'll live with it

this is a great revenue stream and helps a ton with brand awareness for those who have fallen away from Nintendo in the past five or ten years. Add in some well made movies for their biggest franchises and merchandise it correctly and Nintendo is looking at a boat load of money coming in from all sides.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

this is a great revenue stream and helps a ton with brand awareness for those who have fallen away from Nintendo in the past five or ten years. Add in some well made movies for their biggest franchises and merchandise it correctly and Nintendo is looking at a boat load of money coming in from all sides.
Bob Hoskins is dead so IDK how the movie thing can happen.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

They should give me some of it

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Nintendos stock rose 33% and is its highest since 1983. If you were smart you would invest now before Pokemon go launches worldwide. You will see a nice return easily.

-BBG out

is you were smart you would of invested right when they said they were going to make cellphone games.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is it fascism yet posted:

is you were smart you would of invested right when they said they were going to make cellphone games.

Well let's just say I don't think anyone but maybe Iwata would have known the runaway hit Go has become. Invest now in my opinion, it will be worth it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've already invested thousands in my purchases of a Nintendo, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, DS, 3DS and countless titles for said hardware

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I've already invested thousands in my purchases of a Nintendo, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, DS, 3DS and countless titles for said hardware

Should have also gotten in on the ground floor for the Virtual Boy...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

They should give me some of it

same here

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

-BBG out

Black Baby Goku posted:

Stock was actually halted from trading since it reached the daily maximum

Nice crossposts from Games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

even a stopped clock is right twice a day

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sales charts and stock prices are insanely gay expect when their about my friend nintendo and mario. love that poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

sales charts and stock prices are insanely gay expect when their about my friend nintendo and mario. love that poo poo.

Yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average, low intelligence Gamer: I love doing triple jumps in Mario 64

Me (enlightened): This does nothing for your portfolio.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Normal video game player, an actual child: It's cool when Kirby gets a sword.

STEM type with diversified stock options and his own computer that he doesn't share with his dad: Actually, Kirby is for children. I prefer making Let's Plays so that my gaming has some payoff.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Average Gamer: Monster Hunter 3U is pretty great, i hope they port the sequel to Wii U too so I can hunt more monsters without my hands cramping up!

Me, after poring over sales charts: I'm sure they will... *puts a gun to the back of his head as my eyes well up with tears*

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Average Gamer: Monster Hunter 3U is pretty great, i hope they port the sequel to Wii U too so I can hunt more monsters without my hands cramping up!

Me, after poring over sales charts: I'm sure they will... *puts a gun to the back of his head as my eyes well up with tears*

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Harambe's wearing a red DK tie just for him today.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwHZwvTdnPI

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69kQBv3Gql8

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol