Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

the anime is insanely strong and the OP is one of the best ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No kidding

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/752521446379839490

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

When will it be up on crunchyroll?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Right now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

:derp:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i enjoy

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
That was excellent.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Was the biker tunnel stuff an anime original part? Its been a while since I read the early chapters but I don't remember it in the manga

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Was the biker tunnel stuff an anime original part? Its been a while since I read the early chapters but I don't remember it in the manga

It's from an omake.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a real feast for the eyes. The casting is fantastic and SFX/OST are fantastic too. It was all I could have hope for.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anime-only watcher here, this was excellent. Best OP as well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can i watch it on crunchy roll without paying for it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Next week you can.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jose posted:

You can in one week.

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=lGZo75fRYXk&video_start=2&audio=OPRxhbMuVgI&audio_start=0

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 11, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That episode was better than I expected it to be (having read the manga, or at least most of it). I wasn't especially looking forward to this since animating something I've already read rarely excites me, but they seem to be going all-out with this.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
That loving ruled

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks everyone

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Episode was way better then I was expecting, and I was expecting it to be good!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I love the brush stroke style when ceiling challenger appears, wish I knew how to make webms/gifs of clips easily.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this show is going to kick a$$

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zerilan posted:

I love the brush stroke style when ceiling challenger appears, wish I knew how to make webms/gifs of clips easily.

There's a thread in this subforum for that. I can't link it now 'cos I'm pressed for time, but go index diving.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

multiple people offered me a crunchyroll guest pass and thanks everyone it was a cracking episode

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

You mean watch along side them or are you all going to sit in front of separate monitors?

I mean we're on different coasts and one of them lives in Canada. ADTRW is no stranger to chatroom simulwatches.

Timezones means we haven't seen the ep yet but by golly it's gonna happen.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/752506627593342976

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Stylish as hell. Most importantly Reigen is perfect. Anime of the year

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Was pretty much everything I wanted a 100 mob anime to be. I'm super relieved after the disappointment that was berserk.

[E] I also can't loving wait for the reigen special move compilation videos.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 12, 2016

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Given the strength of the first episode and the ongoing strength of the source material, this should be a fantastic show.

I really like how they've leaned into ONE's particular style.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Colours in this episode are loving exploding off the screen. I love it.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Anime's real good, can't believe I forgot that Reigen skimps on the salt.
Also that instead of letters like in OPM, everything is named after a spice or seasoning.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Holy poo poo that animation

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 12, 2016

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Beekeeping and You posted:

Holy poo poo that animation

There are very few people in the TV anime industry who could match what Kameda's put into this show so far. Don't expect every episode to be like #1 but his style should come through even with weaker episode directors and animation teams.

Of course there might not be many weak animation teams because this manga is hugely popular among animators and I wouldn't be surprised if half the freelancers in the industry are knocking on bones' door to get in on the action.

Slight self-promotion but if you're interested in some of the history behind Mob Psycho's staff a friend wrote this blog post about it (and episode 1): https://sakugablog.yshi.org/2016/07/11/mob-psycho-100-episode-1/

aers fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 12, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys I expected this show to loving own and I was still blown away.

Gorgeous. Funny. Weird. I want to marry this episode.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Shinjobi posted:

Guys I expected this show to loving own and I was still blown away.

Gorgeous. Funny. Weird. I want to marry this episode.

Same.

This episode was way too good, so I had to make an anime thread immediately.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

100% sadness is episode 4 or 5 right? Can't really remember what was between Dimple and Teru

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

100% sadness is episode 4 or 5 right? Can't really remember what was between Dimple and Teru

looks like episode 5

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Psychic Power and I is the chapter before Unidentifiable, which is where 100% Sadness comes comes in. It's possible they could end it like Psychic Power and I, where Teruki loses his poo poo and chokes out Mob and the Narrator gives the fake "It was a draw speech", ending with Mob standing up and going shithouse on him. That would be a hell of a cliffhanger and really gently caress with people's heads.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
For manga people more caught up than I am, how y'all feel about the pacing going off that episode list? I'm real used to JoJo fans instantly trying to plug in episodes when only given an amount of episodes, so it's weird seeing the full list.

e: This is based off like next to nothing, but seeing as of Episode 11, they'll be in Volume 6 of 12, that maybe this show will be mostly bigger scenes with some of the tissue connecting those scenes together removed? Total speculation but it looks like a fast schedule, though maybe that's because Episode 1 just covered a single chapter. People had sort of the opposite worry with the My Hero Academia anime, but I felt that shook out perfectly. Different situation of course though.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 13, 2016

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Moltrey posted:

For manga people more caught up than I am, how y'all feel about the pacing going off that episode list? I'm real used to JoJo fans instantly trying to plug in episodes when only given an amount of episodes, so it's weird seeing the full list.

It looks way faster than I expected. I think its going to cover everything I expected them to do in 25ish episodes in only 12. I'm a little worried it'll be too fast but I have faith.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I guess they've got plans to take the anime pretty far since the broccoli was in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wouldn't take that as indicative of anything. Just a nod.