Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Here's a crappy MSPaint drawing of the evolution lines.

Eevee evolves into one of the three after it.

If there's a dot at the end of the line, the pokemon evolves into the pokemon on the next line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Found an eighth on a hunt today, best game ever

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

malal posted:

I agree with all this except the candies. one of my favorite things is that you cant buy stardust/candies. you have to catch 'mons, hatch eggs, and transfer for that stuff (I.E. play the game.) If you could just buy it it would become a lot more pay to win.

Yeah, if you could buy candy the game would be ruined overnight. Right now you can pay to be lazy but you still have to play the game.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Walking to lunch and a youngish pretty girl and her boyfriend are walking the other way and she's got her phone out going "over here, over here there's one over here," and then she stops and swipes and is all "YES GOT IT" while he has the long suffering look of a guy waiting for his girl to try on clothes at the mall or something.

Coming back and a group of construction workers are eating lunch. One huge bald tatted up guy has his phone out and says "motherfucker, just another fuckin diglet" while his buddies nod sympathetically

I'm not sure this is a very good game, but at least it makes walking around town hilarious in my area right now.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The battling system sounds retarded in this game

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The battling system sounds retarded in this game

cool

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Walking to lunch and a youngish pretty girl and her boyfriend are walking the other way and she's got her phone out going "over here, over here there's one over here," and then she stops and swipes and is all "YES GOT IT" while he has the long suffering look of a guy waiting for his girl to try on clothes at the mall or something.

Coming back and a group of construction workers are eating lunch. One huge bald tatted up guy has his phone out and says "motherfucker, just another fuckin diglet" while his buddies nod sympathetically

I'm not sure this is a very good game, but at least it makes walking around town hilarious in my area right now.

Honestly this is what makes it a good game. Pokemon bridges all age, gender and racial lines. :3:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Took a walk in Boston common today and the number of people playing if crazy, but also the diversity - gender, racial, and assumed socio-econ.

My favorite are the 40's guys in business suits

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Imagine when this game hits Japan.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Do you need to be within range of a lure's poke stop to benefit? If I chill just outside range would I get extra spawns?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sure, if I wasn't blowing gear running into this...

....for loving ever

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Waffles Inc. posted:

You're looking for a Kanto (Red/Blue/Yellow region) Pokedex

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_Kanto_Pok%C3%A9dex_number

If they are at all alike visually (or make sense) and are adjacent, there's a relationship

Using that keyword I found this very handy chart, thanks! http://petsu-chan.deviantart.com/art/Kanto-pokemon-roster-199346881

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is there anyway to discard eggs?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is this technically a beta? The version number is like 0.29.0, and also it crashes once a minute

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

....for loving ever

Yeah this is retarded too

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

....for loving ever

When this happens to me and I force-quit, usually the pokemon shows up in my inventory when I restart.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

thats so fitting

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm still not sure what the rustling leaves on the map indicate. Anyone?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Broken Cog posted:

Imagine when this game hits Japan.

It was on for an hour by mistake but that was enough time to make crazy photos of bicycle rigs etc come out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Frankston posted:

I'm still not sure what the rustling leaves on the map indicate. Anyone?

Here be mons.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Questions that nobody may know the answer to:

-Is it locked at 2 people cooperating in a gym battle?
-When doing a double battle, do both participants take damage equally or does the gym AI alternate who it attacks?
-What happens if you attempt to fight a gym while a different team is already in the middle of taking it over?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Knifegrab posted:

Is there anyway to discard eggs?

Just throw a 2k in an incubator and go for a twenty minute walk. It's usually worth it for that candy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Zurui posted:

Just throw a 2k in an incubator and go for a twenty minute walk. It's usually worth it for that candy.

Disgusting no

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Driving back to the office after getting lunch, saw a huge group of different people standing around in a small median park, all with their phones out. Got suspicious, so I pulled over and opened the app and sure enough there were two pokestops, both with active lures. :3:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

In that precise location? Or is it just 'within the general vicinity of this area'

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Frankston posted:

In that precise location? Or is it just 'within the general vicinity of this area'

I think rustling grass in general signifies an area where 'mons might spawn. So if you have a one-step pokemon on your radar, and there is some rustling grass nearby, it might be worth checking out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Do lures ever drop from pokestops like other items, or are you force to buy those?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Today during lunch at work I walked over to the nearest pokestop, which also happens to have a bench. I sat down on the bench and was still looking at my phone when someone else comes toward the bench looking at their phone intently too. I looked up at them and they asked "... Are you playing Pokemon?" I said I was, and they sat down on the bench too and we introduced ourselves. Turns out it was their first day at my work. Pokemans, bringing people together.

If you were single I bet this would be a great way to meet people, this person was cute.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

PBS Newshour posted:

Do lures ever drop from pokestops like other items, or are you force to buy those?

I have 2 that I didn't buy. Most likely they are level-up rewards, but maybe you can get them from pokestops?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
I just had a Great Ball drop from a stop, so thats possible, but seems pretty rare.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Is this a hoax? I thought you couldn't see nicknames at gyms. Although there probably is a gym at Westboro Baptist since it is still a church. http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...on-go/86928150/

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Deep Winter posted:

I just had a Great Ball drop from a stop, so thats possible, but seems pretty rare.

Nah, once you have unlocked them (level 8 or so iirc), they are fairly common drops.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Went to the Legends mall in Sparks NV for about half an hour on my lunch. Caught a ton of stuff (552 Rhydon, best thing I've caught so far). Lots of stops there, many of which were on lures. I left with less pokeballs than I arrived with, which was definitely not the intent.

At least half the people there were playing. Mostly 20 something males.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh gently caress, I still have to choose a team. My town's Valor, but like... Is there any benefit to being on the same team as a gym?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

widespread posted:

Oh gently caress, I still have to choose a team. My town's Valor, but like... Is there any benefit to being on the same team as a gym?

yeah, you can park pokemon in the gyms with less fear of losing the gym

you can then collect 10 pokecoins and 500 stardust per gym up to a max of ten gyms (100 coins / 5000 stardust) every day

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

widespread posted:

You can add your mons to the gym and then collect the benefits.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Also, taking gyms is a great source of Exp

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There's an oddish just outside my office out of range and its pissing me off. JUST COME CLOSER YOU VEGETABLE LOOKING gently caress

kdevil II
Aug 18, 2000
Forum Veteran

PSWII60 posted:

So is it just me, or does this game seem to randomly lock up for anybody else when you try to catch something?

I don't know if this is just a bullshit rumor, but I had the same problem on my iPhone and I read that turning off LTE data fixed it. I tried it myself and it certainly seems to have fixed things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

kdevil II posted:

I don't know if this is just a bullshit rumor, but I had the same problem on my iPhone and I read that turning off LTE data fixed it. I tried it myself and it certainly seems to have fixed things.

I get that a lot when I change from wifi to cell data, like if I'm walking by a lot of xfinity free hotspots. If you care, you can turn off your wifi so it's always cell data.

• Locked thread