Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html

so much for that narrative about police shooting black people because they're black

they are more physical with them due to racial bias, so what drives the racial bias? someone repost the charts and graphs that show the violence statistics

Chart, what ch...

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
:iiam:

Worth viewing the whole PDF that it is a part of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
It doesn't matter. Much like the Iraq War was about liberating women, the BLM protests are about police brutality in general.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

when the data is racist how do we proceed exactly

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

ethanol posted:

the data is racist

:what:

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

ethanol posted:

data is racist

wtf?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

he probably is

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

joining starfleet to actively oppress the klingon race, the neutered pet of an all consuming space hegemony

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm pretty sure he also only porked pale chicks too so yeah, checks out.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Constable Data would use statistical and demographic information to profile criminals and thereby perpetuate systemic racism.

Judge Data would be p. legit though

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
2015:
blacks shot by police: 306
blacks shot by non-police: over 6,000 (extrapolating, full FBI stats aren't out yet)
black population: over 42,000,000

Genocide in the Streets

the above in no way contradicts or denies that black people are shot and killed by police 3x more often than white people, nor that black Americans have a lovely time of it, and this is a bad thing that we should fix

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Brannock posted:

2015:
blacks shot by police: 306
blacks shot by non-police: over 6,000 (extrapolating, full FBI stats aren't out yet)
black population: over 42,000,000

Genocide in the Streets

the above in no way contradicts or denies that black people are shot and killed by police 3x more often than white people, nor that black Americans have a lovely time of it, and this is a bad thing that we should fix

I find it interesting that you cherrypicked the stats for blacks and only posted them. (and omitted the race makeup of the "non-police") Not really surprised actually. Par for the SA course.

Here, let me help you since you seem to have overlooked it the few times it was posted above:

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 11, 2016

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Cartouche posted:

I find it interesting that you cherrypicked the stats for blacks and only posted them. Not really surprised actually. Par for the SA course.

reread the post dude I think you missed some subtext

overall violent crime is on a major decline, same for police murders, we just hear about every single one these days thanks to perpetually-connected media so people freak out and think they're being hunted down when they have an infinitesimal chance of being killed by police, and even lower if they're outside the demographics of people who are killed by police (18-34 black males)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
263 blacks killed in Chicago alone this year.

90% of it is black on black crime.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Murder may be out but mustaches are making a huge comeback

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ethanol posted:

Murder may be out but mustaches are making a huge comeback

Is it too late to trade?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Brannock posted:

reread the post dude I think you missed some subtext (sarcasm)

Whoops.

Brannock posted:

overall violent crime is on a major decline, same for police murders, we just hear about every single one these days thanks to perpetually-connected media so people freak out and think they're being hunted down when they have an infinitesimal chance of being killed by police, and even lower if they're outside the demographics of people who are killed by police (18-34 black males)

This is actually something Obama said the other day that I was nodding my head to. Race baiters compound it.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Another day, another shooting.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/07/11/multiple-people-shot-at-courthouse-in-michigan/

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Trump's Twitter broke the news for me 20 minutes ago. The man is on point.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Inmates probably should not be allowed to have guns. There you go, compromise.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Cartouche posted:

Inmates probably should not be allowed to have guns. There you go, compromise.

The inmate being transported took the deputies gun.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Isn't shooting repressive government entities the whole crux of the second amendment?

Isn't this what gun right advocates have always wanted?

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

KennyLoggins posted:

You just Cartouche'd yourself. That has gotta hurt.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/28/deputies-shoot-kill-dog-that-attacked-k9-officer/

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tips to avoid being shot during a traffic stop:

1. Take every step to display submission to armed pissbabies so they feel at ease.

2. Drive a lifted pickup.

3. Wear a cowboy hat.

All solid advice imo

https://youtu.be/ZpcxN9JsoN8

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

KennyLoggins posted:

You don't say.

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

KennyLoggins posted:

We should ban inmates.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Boner Zone posted:

1. Take every step to display submission to armed pissbabies so they feel at ease.

2. Drive a lifted pickup.

3. Wear a cowboy hat.

All solid advice imo

https://youtu.be/ZpcxN9JsoN8

Personally I exit the car and roll over on my back, displaying my belly and genitals as a sign of submission. Eventually the officer will sniff my anal glands and allow me stand when he is satisfied.

Also don't try playing a spirited game of tug-of-war using the officer's gun. It's a common mistake that too many people make.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Superior Bastard posted:

We should ban inmates.

I think we should suspend habeas corpus until we figure out what is going on.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Isn't shooting repressive government entities the whole crux of the second amendment?

Isn't this what gun right advocates have always wanted?

yes except the world is full of hypocrites despite a long standing tradition of being against jack booted thugs

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Boner Zone posted:

1. Be the 99.9999646494% of Americans that are not shot by police during a traffic stop in any given year

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McNutty posted:

Also both Johnson and Czolgosz wanted to gently caress this woman

Elizabeth Warren: Time Traveler

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
fight the cops stay black and strong!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tai posted:

Looking at that household net worth chart, do blacks etc suffer from the white man keeping them down or is it a case of them having a chip on their shoulder and moan about being poor and doing nothing about it?

I lived in the states in various places for a few years. Granted the 'roughest' place I went to was Harlem but of my non white friends, they didn't mention anything about being 'kept down' and all of them had well paid jobs. I'm just curious if it's a similar thing to people in the UK where a good chunk of people who are poor spend more energy moaning about it then doing something about it. Hopefully this doesn't come off as too inflammatory. It's more curiousity then anything.

I don't know what the deal is.

My great great granddad got off the boat from Ireland with nothing. Like, literally nothing. Got treated like poo poo by everyone and just made illegal whiskey in the mountains. Two generations later my grandfather worked construction and traveled the U.S. doing it. My dad and I both joined the Army to pay for college. My dad went and became a teacher and I'm about to retire from the army and go back to college.

I'm not really sure where my "leg up" for being white that people claim we had/have is. Or perhaps I'm not even white?

The Kingfish posted:

its hard to get ahead when starting at a negative or zero. black schools suck and there are typically no good jobs in the area.

Yeah. Nobody has ever had to deal with that before.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol an unironic bootstraps post, fuckin hell.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Folks, here we can see someone showing symptoms of advanced stages of LF poisoning.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My uncle was driving by as this happened, and a friend of his works there.

It's not often my hometown makes the news.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

spacetoaster posted:

My great great granddad got off the boat from Ireland with nothing. Like, literally nothing. Got treated like poo poo by everyone and just made illegal whiskey in the mountains. Two generations later my grandfather worked construction and traveled the U.S. doing it. My dad and I both joined the Army to pay for college. My dad went and became a teacher and I'm about to retire from the army and go back to college.

So a drug dealer, a migrant worker, two generations of professional murderers? I mean if you want the oppressed inner city poor to escape the confines of poverty by manufacturing and distributing illegal substances that's probably not going to be a very popular opinion.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hellsau posted:

So a drug dealer, a migrant worker, two generations of professional murderers? I mean if you want the oppressed inner city poor to escape the confines of poverty by manufacturing and distributing illegal substances that's probably not going to be a very popular opinion.

You mean killers.

Murder, by definition, would have to have been illegal. :smuggo:

Do you even know your family history? I'm pretty sure everyone had to come from somewhere unless you're royalty. But I suppose a dumpster baby like you probably wouldn't know. :shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
We should beat up rich ppl and take they're money, imo.

• Locked thread