Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone is a loving genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im hoping the end times bring about biker gangs pledging their allegiance to one of pokemon teams

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm waiting for stores or restaurants to buy rare Pokemon to have in their business

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm waiting for stores or restaurants to buy rare Pokemon to have in their business

Wasn't there already a pic about that?
Edit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well I meant more said business paying to have the Pokemon there

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hahaha holy gently caress using a google login with pokeymans on an apple device gives nintendo total unrestricted read-write access to your google account. Gmail, chrome history, everything.

CLASS ACTION SUIT, I CHOOSE YOU!

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/pokemon-go-gotta-catch-all-your-personal-data/

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 11, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Someone is a loving genius

I was talking with the marketing person at our firm about using those lures to get people in and I think I'm seriously going to try it, for like 12 hours it would be around 25 bucks which in the world of advertising is dirt cheap.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

gfanikf posted:

I was talking with the marketing person at our firm about using those lures to get people in and I think I'm seriously going to try it, for like 12 hours it would be around 25 bucks which in the world of advertising is dirt cheap.

i've thought about doing this.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
three dead and one cop injured court shooting in Michigan, apparently two dead are baliffs

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Hahaha holy gently caress using a google login with pokeymans on an apple device gives nintendo total unrestricted read-write access to your google account. Gmail, chrome history, everything.

CLASS ACTION SUIT, I CHOOSE YOU!

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/pokemon-go-gotta-catch-all-your-personal-data/

Up until 6 months ago the company that made it was owned by google, so they would have had anything anyway.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

i've thought about doing this.

You definitely should. Pokemon lure's are such a home run idea for food trucks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

You definitely should. Pokemon lure's are such a home run idea for food trucks.

In the small town I live near the local ice cream store and bottle shop are already running lures.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Waroduce posted:

three dead and one cop injured court shooting in Michigan, apparently two dead are baliffs

Last I heard it was an inmate that managed to snatch a cop's gun.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

gently caress

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Last I heard it was an inmate that managed to snatch a cop's gun.

Yeah CNN reporting that aswell.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

really

"seeding opportunity" is really what they are gonna go with

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

gfanikf posted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
GET THOSE LIGHTS OFF!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I spend too much time in the four aerospace megathreads because for a second I thought they were only robbing pilots.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Someone I know posted this image:

All I could think was "huh. That's the opposite of how it works in the military."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Someone I know posted this image:

All I could think was "huh. That's the opposite of how it works in the military."

My first thought was that opening scene in Enemy at the Gates

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

"Pokémon Go" has already been installed on more Android smartphones in the US than the dating app Tinder, which is itself a runaway hit. As of Friday, the game was on 5.16% of all US Android phones — versus just over 2% for Tinder.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So people are already getting a lot of personal info about you playing pokemon go and can easily get your location from it. The google sign in is unsecure as gently caress.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A guy in my hometown is offering luxury pokemon go rides. $50 for the first hour, $30 for every hour after that and he will drive you around collecting pokemon.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I love you, Chuck:

Edit (slightly :nws:):

quote:

"Okay," I continue," but if the network was working then what would you be doing?"

"Playing Pokebutt Go!" he exclaims, his words smothered with a hint of confusion. "You don't play Pokebutt Go?"

"I don't know what that is," I tell him. "Is that a game?"

"It's a way of life!" the man counters. "There's a Buttmander somewhere in this park and I need to get pounded by it!"

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jul 12, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TBeats posted:

A guy in my hometown is offering luxury pokemon go rides. $50 for the first hour, $30 for every hour after that and he will drive you around collecting pokemon.

That guys smart...or he's planning on a lot of murder and rape.

Problem is how to monetize if you don't have a Pokestop, doesn't incense only work for the person playing vs people at large like the lure module does?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 12, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

That guys smart...or he's planning on a lot of murder and rape.

Problem is how to monetize if you don't have a Pokestop, don't incense only work for the person plating vs people at large like the lure module does?

I'm sure Eastern Europe or Chinese phone hackers/bot nets could emulate enough devices running Go in an area of your choosing enough to really alter the algorithm and turn your area in to a pretty heavily populated spot for pokemon to spawn.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Pokemon is going to be the downfall of western civilization
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/12/12152728/pokemon-go-economic-problems
It's almost like south park did an episode about this.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love how doomsayers have latched onto Pokemon. This truly is a wonderful time to be alive.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

Pokemon is going to be the downfall of western civilization
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/12/12152728/pokemon-go-economic-problems
It's almost like south park did an episode about this.

Vox is such a loving joke. It's the shittiest parts of Huff Po, Gawker and Vice loving in Rupert Murdoch's jizz encrusted bed and having the butt-baby raised by someone with a lovely tumblr blog about cute shoes and gender issues

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The Hague just told China to gently caress off out of the South China sea where they have been building a fuckload of fake islands on top of coral reefs.

Too bad the ruling has no real effect but maybe it will start something real.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

ded posted:

The Hague just told China to gently caress off out of the South China sea where they have been building a fuckload of fake islands on top of coral reefs.

Too bad the ruling has no real effect but maybe it will start something real.

No one has the bottle to shed Chinese blood over all that apart from Vietnam, who seem to have taken it all a bit personally .

http://www.wsj.com/articles/behind-vietnams-anti-china-riots-a-tinderbox-of-wider-grievances-1403058492

21 people killed last time China tried to deploy an oil rig in disputed waters.

I'm disappointed that the Flips haven't started sinking Chinese boats yet.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bernie expected to endorse hillary today

this'll go over well

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It's the most hilarious thing about primarys. How they will throw poo poo at each other for months and then poof OH YES I FULLY SUPPORT DICKNOSE BUTTLOARDE THEY WILL BE AN AWESOME PRESIDENT !!!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
loving :lol:

in other cool news :

rear end in a top hat kid plays with his hoodie zipper and gets shanked by a bird who gets sick of it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36771205

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ded posted:

It's the most hilarious thing about primarys. How they will throw poo poo at each other for months and then poof OH YES I FULLY SUPPORT DICKNOSE BUTTLOARDE THEY WILL BE AN AWESOME PRESIDENT !!!

There is something joemenutum keeps saying in c-spam and I think it is pretty true. Most people haven't really paid attention to politics yet and those who do are in the weird minority. Seems like most people do right before the election and not earlier.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ded posted:

if bernie doesn't endorse hillary a lot of his supporters will vote third party and trump will be more likely to win the election.

so i don't think he endorsing hillary as much as he is endorsing not-trump.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
otoh Hillary failing to get a Presidency handed to her on a silver platter a second time would be so goddamned funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

No one has the bottle to shed Chinese blood over all that apart from Vietnam, who seem to have taken it all a bit personally .

http://www.wsj.com/articles/behind-vietnams-anti-china-riots-a-tinderbox-of-wider-grievances-1403058492

21 people killed last time China tried to deploy an oil rig in disputed waters.

I'm disappointed that the Flips haven't started sinking Chinese boats yet.

Last I checked the Philippines don't have a single jet fighter to deploy.

• Locked thread