Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Aphrodite posted:

The "I don't know if this was a race thing or a lady thing" line in the trailer makes me laugh every time. Leslie Jones can't act at all but she's hilarious.

I thought the receptionist's 'someone needs to get together and fight these things' line was genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You found it funny because you don't know. The OP could have gotten that Pikachu without stopping the kids because it's instanced. One person catching doesn't remove it for anyone else. So they were an rear end for no reason.

Big mistake on the game's part. I could have seen hilarious nerd brawls in front of every statue and plaque in Manhattan.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You found it funny because you don't know. The OP could have gotten that Pikachu without stopping the kids because it's instanced. One person catching doesn't remove it for anyone else. So they were an rear end for no reason.

No, I understand that. It was still funny. Also, you don't seem to understand that it didn't actually happen, so you're objecting over nothing.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Who What Now posted:

No, I understand that. It was still funny. Also, you don't seem to understand that it didn't actually happen, so you're objecting over nothing.

I'm not objecting? I'm saying it's stupid.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Data Graham posted:

Big mistake on the game's part. I could have seen hilarious nerd brawls in front of every statue and plaque in Manhattan.

:same:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Data Graham posted:

"Some Pokemon fans got a little out of hand today when a Mew was discovered at a fountain in Central Park. There were 15 casualties and 90 people were wounded."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I understand why they made it the way they did, but I agree that survival of the fittest would be the best kind of gameplay. I know Ingress has already had weirdo poo poo like people harassing enemy team members in parking lots.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
http://imgur.com/gallery/TtIkE

This is on the front page of imgur and it's just horrible. You've got people saying this girl doesn't have a father and black people should evolve. Then when they're called on obvious racism they say that it's reverse racism or that people should be able to take a joke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tank Man actually very likely walked away.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I would very much like if we could have imgur idiots added to this thread. It helps break up the usual facebook suspects and imgur is easier to laugh at without feeling bad because you know the racist idiot you're posting on SA.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aphrodite posted:

Tank Man actually very likely walked away.

And the minute he rounded the corner he was picked up by MP's and black bagged never to be seen again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, I mean he definitely walked away from the tanks. They didn't run him over or anything.

It's widely suspected that China never found out who he was and so never arrested him.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I don't know if self-promotion is against thread rules, but I've been keeping an "Idiots on Imgur"-style twitter account, I just post whatever racist/sexist/homophobic poo poo I run into and make fun of it. (Also includes stuff that is upvoted for racist reasons due to imgur's mostly-white demographics, ie: Black people calling out other black people for being racist is usually Front Page Gold.)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ularg posted:

I would very much like if we could have imgur idiots added to this thread. It helps break up the usual facebook suspects and imgur is easier to laugh at without feeling bad because you know the racist idiot you're posting on SA.

Is there a rule against this now? It got changed from Idiots on 'Facebook' to 'Social Media' to broaden the perspective.

:justpost:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

VoidBurger posted:

I don't know if self-promotion is against thread rules, but I've been keeping an "Idiots on Imgur"-style twitter account, I just post whatever racist/sexist/homophobic poo poo I run into and make fun of it. (Also includes stuff that is upvoted for racist reasons due to imgur's mostly-white demographics, ie: Black people calling out other black people for being racist is usually Front Page Gold.)

This is great. And by great I mean "a list of reasons why imgur should either be shut down or make us happy that it exists so all these people have somewhere to pollute that we can all avoid".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BJPaskoff posted:

This is great. And by great I mean "a list of reasons why imgur should either be shut down or make us happy that it exists so all these people have somewhere to pollute that we can all avoid".

I forget that Imgur even has a community. I've always just used it for uploading pics to post on a forum.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I used to worry that imgur would disappear like waffleimages.

It never occurred to me that the opposite result might be worse.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

chitoryu12 posted:

I forget that Imgur even has a community. I've always just used it for uploading pics to post on a forum.
What's really nuts is that imgur thinks they have a GREAT community. They schedule little gatherings where they go to camp and bond over their ~hilarious~ memes such as Michael Cera, bananas, and dickbutt. Truly a rich culture. They toot their own horn a lot about imgur being a really great community... meanwhile they're getting overrun by Stormfronters, Gamergaters from /r/KotakuInAction, and alt-righters from /r/TheDonald and are just ignoring that part of the "Community"!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I used to go on imgur a lot. I discovered a lot of good movies and TV shows in lists of those things that made the front page, and saw a lot of cute animal pictures. Then I started to realize that I was seeing less of those and more memes ranging from horrible to horribly racist/sexist and stopped going. There are lots of great places to see cat pictures and find things to watch where I don't need to deal with that poo poo.

Edit: I want to post this Clickhole article in response to certain people on Facebook:

Devastating: This Guy Knows Exactly How Black People Should Act Around Police Officers, But He Has No Black Friends To Tell About It

LifeLynx has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jul 11, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Gaunab posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/TtIkE

This is on the front page of imgur and it's just horrible. You've got people saying this girl doesn't have a father and black people should evolve. Then when they're called on obvious racism they say that it's reverse racism or that people should be able to take a joke.

Don't worry, 1st picture will end up on one page of a history book labeled "when black people thought everyone was racist"

He stands the test of time because his actions spoke volumes. It's by far one of my favorite photos of all time, and she's a whiny bitch.

Black lives matter desperately tries to portray itself as good while being an extremist/terrorist group.

Shes black so she has a chance of ~0.000257% of getting killed by those police. To fear that is arguably prejudice and paranoia.

Unpopular opinion: I feel that many of the BLM folks are doing it for self-promotion/ego, less conviction. Something to post on soc. media.

How about y'all stop acting like any of these protests are going to change anything and instead start being more politically active?

WTH was she expecting to change before she moved? That's what's BS about this "movement". I have heard NO plan proposed from them.

We have Jim Crows laws right now (affermitive action) directed at a minority group (white men) but no protests.

I hate the narrative they are giving her. As if we live in the 1600s trying to fight for our freedom? Bitch, sit down!

>This is America in a nutshell. "Protestors" claiming to be "brave" when they're just starting poo poo for no reason and know they'll NEVER ....
>face real consequences. So they act out like brats. BLM is a loving joke and is feeding off and creating more racism than anything else.
lol, that's literally the definition of every protest ever.

She's black? Funny I did not notice that I thot she was kind of SE Asian or something. Brown, but not "Black". Funny huh?

well, from the side profile, apart from the lacking in the boob department, she's pretty fuckable.

What a oval office

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Is it just me, or is it getting worse and worse at providing that function? Their interface just becomes more and more of a hassle every week. :smith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Someone should respond by pulling out a library's ancient textbook or encyclopedia it has sitting somewhere with egregiously wrong information or racist caricatures.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
"The Soviet Union is..."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

This was me with tvtropes for the longest time. It's a fan wiki about media that's rather spergy, but it's ultimately harmless, right?

Then I read the mock threads here, and was entirely unprepared for what I witnessed.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

BJPaskoff posted:

I used to go on imgur a lot. I discovered a lot of good movies and TV shows in lists of those things that made the front page, and saw a lot of cute animal pictures. Then I started to realize that I was seeing less of those and more memes ranging from horrible to horribly racist/sexist and stopped going. There are lots of great places to see cat pictures and find things to watch where I don't need to deal with that poo poo.

Edit: I want to post this Clickhole article in response to certain people on Facebook:

Devastating: This Guy Knows Exactly How Black People Should Act Around Police Officers, But He Has No Black Friends To Tell About It

This one also makes for a great response.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

gently caress it.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

goose fleet posted:

How can people hate a movie they haven't even seen

If this thread has taught you nothing else, let it teach that people are willing to form hateful opinions of things and of others without ever investing any effort to interact in order to form a more accurate and discerning outlook.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Imgur is just a bottom less content generator after the Dallas shootings.

First post of the Front page, a wall of text supposedly written by a black cop who's against BLM (Boy they sure love it when hypothetical black people are on their side), followed by some stormfront graphs and All lives matter bullshit

http://imgur.com/gallery/sKabZ

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
5 minutes searching through the frontpage.

Woohoo Imgur !

Ey

Eyy

Eyyy

And some good old :ironicat:

E: Another recurring theme is a massive hate boner for Beyonce

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Jul 11, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
That loving movie.

The rough timeline is something like -

- Holy poo poo, they're doing a new Ghost Busters, yay!
- It's a team of female ghost busters? This is pandering nonsense! Wait, are they hot? This is pandering nonsense! (goes back to DVD collection made up of 93% male-lead movies, and forgets about it for a while).
- This trailer sucks! No it's not because it's females, it's just not funny. No I'm not crying. Why do I care so much? I don't, it's just not funny, I'm entitled to my opinion! I SAID I'M NOT CRYING!
- The reviews are widely good? They're wrong! No it's not because of that, everybody knows review quotes in adverts can be misleading. I know it says 4 stars from the countries biggest newspaper, but they were obviously paid off by the publishers. I don't give 'so much of a poo poo', it's just about ethics in movie journalism.

Maybe they can do a DVD bonus version where they digitally convert the leads to male actors for the man babies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

EvilGenius posted:

That loving movie.

The rough timeline is something like -

- Holy poo poo, they're doing a new Ghost Busters, why?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

So... the thing is that we've had 20 years of Clinton/Bush and... well... it's been enough...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Of course they loving love this artifacted image

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 23:59 on Jul 11, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ularg posted:

mng posted:

Is there a rule against this now? It got changed from Idiots on 'Facebook' to 'Social Media' to broaden the perspective.

:justpost:

This thread's always been open for imgur posts as far as I know. We closed the imgur thread with the intent of the content being diverted here because we didn't really need two threads about racist internet idiots enabling other racist internet idiots.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

"Oh yeah!? Well uhhhhhh maybe Bob... should've worked hard for his food!"

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

I want to live in whatever mental world this guy inhabits it sounds loving awesome

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Well, the kid is probably more used to hearing "n***** kid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Walking out onto a freeway can also kill people. Most likely the protesters, but also motorists swerving to avoid them. Also not peaceful.

I think these days, most people are dumb enough to believe the phrase "peaceful protest" is just the word for all protests.

The narrative is set. Just as America has helped destroy other countries it's now their turn to destroy themselves