Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
The Rock was pretty good

possibly nick cages best film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

More attempts at making this work, thanks Hollywood

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

if we're hopping onto cagechat for a little while, I'd like to remind everyone that cage's best movie is Leaving Las Vegas

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

raising arizona

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Next was pretty great in a lot of ways, and is basically a superhero movie

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
You're all wrong it's Wicker Man with Rifftrax.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

also I'm pretty sure every cage-related meme comes from a screencap of vampire's kiss. it's entertaining imo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I liked him as Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. "Batman’s dark." I’m like, okay, "No, Batman’s cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go."

... what a dumb edgelord

the only way you can think to make something emotionally charged and thoughtful and deep is to have the main character get raped?

not like, juxtaposing his fight against thugs/villains with his fight against chronic depression and inability to connect with anyone else emotionally after watching his parents bleed out in front of him at a young age? That would be a much better theme for a 'dark' Batman movie and I'm not even a professional industry person ffs.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 11, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

raising arizona

I respect this post, but Bad Lieutenant 2.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Otisburg posted:

"His soul's still dancing!"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

What are these loving iguanas doing on my coffee table?!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Otisburg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYJOAW7r03s

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

also I'm pretty sure every cage-related meme comes from a screencap of vampire's kiss. it's entertaining imo
Can you believe that the director of that movie is mad at Cage for "ruining" it?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you asked me who is a good actor idk that Nick Cage would ever pop into my head but I've thoroughly enjoyed all his work that I've seen and I like the guy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Moridin920 posted:

If you asked me who is a good actor idk that Nick Cage would ever pop into my head but I've thoroughly enjoyed all his work that I've seen and I like the guy

:agreed:

Face Off

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

OH NO BEES

BEEEES

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

If you guys haven't watched the "death of superman lives" documentary, you'd probably enjoy it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkRxXicAuYo

Nic Cage would've been, at the least, an interesting superman, and I'm sad we didn't get his version instead of the lame reboots.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that documentary was pretty bad cuz the guy making it injected himself into it. shoulda just been talking heads.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Groovelord Neato posted:

that documentary was pretty bad cuz the guy making it injected himself into it. shoulda just been talking heads.

I thought he looked loving hot imo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oooooooooooh

woooooooo

WEEE you goodlookin:grin:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Shinjobi posted:

More attempts at making this work, thanks Hollywood

If they had let the Crank bros write the script and make it R it would have drat it!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Who would win, Superman vs Goku vs Batman(with prep time)?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that depends, is goku's mom named martha? ha ha jk, i know full well that her name is gine. everyone knows that.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

EorayMel posted:

the super powered one who landed in a pod on earth as a baby and was raised in the sticks after his planet blew up

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

many johnnys posted:

the super powered one who landed in a pod on earth as a baby and was raised in the sticks after his planet blew up

the one who calls on the power of the sun when things get tough?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Valley Girl for them teeth.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

bring back old gbs posted:

the one who calls on the power of the sun when things get tough?

No the one who's a good-hearted, if a bit naive, champion of the people of Earth. You know, the one that defends innocents from other survivors of his planet?

E: the one with an unlikely and contrived weakness.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
No love for Drive Angry?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

EorayMel posted:

depends on if batman had been prison raped recently if we're in zack snyder's version, if so then id bet on the batmen because getting prison raped makes u really angry and ready to fight crime

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

chukamok posted:

No love for Drive Angry?

first movie I bought on BluRay and it's a good one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

chukamok posted:

No love for Drive Angry?

Drive Angry is the best Ghost Rider movie to date, it owns. William Fichtner is a boss in that movie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Xenomrph posted:

Drive Angry is the best Ghost Rider movie to date, it owns. William Fichtner is a boss in that movie.

Yep. Movie owned.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
found snyder's inspiration

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

found snyder's inspiration

belongs in a museum

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Flesh Forge posted:

Next was pretty great in a lot of ways, and is basically a superhero movie

Next is a lot like X-Men Origins: Wolverine in that nothing actually happens

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's fair, and almost every time a filmmaker pulls that gimmick I find it super annoying and dumb (Jacob's Ladder etc etc etc) but in this case I was willing to let it go by because the rest of the movie was such a fun exploration of his two minute precognition gimmick.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

BexGu posted:

If they had let the Crank bros write the script and make it R it would have drat it!

If Nic cage isn't the villain in Crank 3 it'll be the biggest loving travesty ever wrought upon mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Found these pieces of tat after a quick search.
$44.99

$119.99

$29.99

$49.99

Still ugly as sin but at least slightly better than the shite previously posted.

• Locked thread