Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KARMA! posted:

Well I was sitting on the floor and then I got up. That's it. That's the whole loving story. I sat, I stood, I snapped. I have no clue how this happened. I did not roll my foot awkwardly, bumped it against something other than the floor apparently. I guess the floor hates my foot now.

Listen, folks: always ATGATT because you never know what can happen. If I was wearing my boots I would've been spared this ordeal.

I'm sorry, but that's pretty hilarious. Hope it heals quick. I wish I could learn a lesson from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

I'm sorry, but that's pretty hilarious. Hope it heals quick. I wish I could learn a lesson from this.

The lesson to learn is that toes are idiot hell fuckers that will break at the slightest provocation. They're the horses of the human body.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Whoever 'rebuilt' this engine only had half the friction plates he needed.

Problem solved.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A friend of mine broke his leg sitting down on a bus. He was about to sit down, the bus shook, he somehow got his legs crossed as he shifted his weight downwards, and bam, spiral fracture. He was in a cast for months.

Bodies are weird sometimes.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Slavvy posted:

Whoever 'rebuilt' this engine only had half the friction plates he needed.

Problem solved.

one weird trick to decreasing mass to make ur four stroke rev like a two stroke

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The lesson to learn is that toes are idiot hell fuckers that will break at the slightest provocation. They're the horses of the human body.
Yep. I pulled a muscle or something in my big toe while upshifting a few weeks ago. Still gets funny on me sometimes, while just sitting still, and needs slowly stretched to get past it. :psyduck:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Holy Christ, coming back from lunch just now I got behind a guy on some ratty old bike. His rear wheel was off at least 3-5 degrees from his front with respect to the vertical. You could actually see the twist in the chain. I tried to get his attention (after trying to get a picture, natch) but I don't think it would have mattered. He seemed like the type that would just shrug it off.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
My wife just shrugs poo poo off like that.

"Hey your brake lines are going to pop any second"

"Why are you telling me this? It'll make it to sturgis and back"

later....

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
So for the last couple of days a group has been trying to steal my friends scooter, first night they just tried getting the steering lock broken before they where chased off, today this.

He lives right opposite a police station.

loving London.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keket posted:

So for the last couple of days a group has been trying to steal my friends scooter, first night they just tried getting the steering lock broken before they where chased off, today this.

loving London.

That's so loving mserable. I assume he has to park out of sight from his own building?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Its right outside of his house on a residential street, they apparently pulled up late and have been trying to get it almost every night, despite last night both scooters being chained together.

I seriously hope they start handing down harsher sentences for stealing bikes over here, people are way too brazen about it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keket posted:

Its right outside of his house on a residential street, they apparently pulled up late and have been trying to get it almost every night, despite last night both scooters being chained together.

I seriously hope they start handing down harsher sentences for stealing bikes over here, people are way too brazen about it.

Jesus Christ. He wasn't able to point a camera at it or something? That feels worthwhile when you know you're going to be a target of thieves. Either way, gently caress....

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

My wife just shrugs poo poo off like that.

"Hey your brake lines are going to pop any second"

"Why are you telling me this? It'll make it to sturgis and back"

later....

Sure, she was risking life and limb, but on the plus side you get the mother of all I-told-you-so's in your toolbox.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Witnessed my first 'could have been serious' motorcycle accident.

Motorcyclist was on a highway taking a left turn into the restaurant we were sitting at. He had slowed down to about ~10mph when the car behind him decides to not see him and gives him a firm love tap from behind.

Motorcyclist ends up hitting the throttle full blast on his Harley. This sends him straight into the oncoming traffic. He lays 'er down and his body misses the oncoming car by a close margin as his bike smashes into the car and gets totaled. Luckily, the oncoming driver had been relatively attentive and slammed on the brakes.

Guy wasn't wearing any protective gear (outside of his decorative vest). Somehow he ended up with only some pretty bad road rash, but nothing more serious that we could tell.

Bonus points to a guy in a giant truck who had signal flares, traffic triangles, a first aid kit, and everything else indicating that he had been waiting his entire life to be able to help when an accident happened. He was a champ.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Jesus. When you say no protective gear, that's including a helmet? :cripes:

Props to Mad Max: Safety Warrior.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Keket posted:

loving London.

The cops will be interested once your buddy lays a hand on the perps. The cops will then arrest your buddy.

Chichevache posted:

Jesus. When you say no protective gear, that's including a helmet? :cripes:

It's how so many roll around here.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

MoraleHazard posted:

It's how so many roll around here.

I was really surprised over the fourth of July weekend on how many people ride without any protective gear. I'd say 80% of people I saw were wearing no helmet and typical stereotype biker garb (i.e. vests and un-ironic rear end-less chaps). This is also in rural Minnesota over the holiday weekend - when most people are riding touring Harleys and the occasional Gold Wing.

And the guy who crashed was absolutely not wearing a helmet. He's a lucky, lucky guy.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Fishvilla posted:

rear end-less chaps

As opposed to chaps with asses... like pants?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Ugh not this again. "rear end-less chaps" is just more fun to say, okay???

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

This really chaps my rear end.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
There's some leather place in NJ that keeps posting an add for rear end-less chaps in the motorcycle section of craigslist on a regular basis. Every time I do a search they are there.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coredump posted:

This really asses my pants.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JHVH-1 posted:

There's some leather place in NJ that keeps posting an add for rear end-less chaps in the motorcycle section of craigslist on a regular basis. Every time I do a search they are there.

How often do you search for rear end on Craigslist?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Chichevache posted:

:quagmire:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Keket posted:

loving London.
Well it's already pretty much ruined, so he should just put an IED in it for the next time they try.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Chichevache posted:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcd/5653662656.html

ACROSS ,SUZUKI , HONDA ,YAMAHA , KAWASAKI , HARLEY DAVIDSON , BMW DEALERSHIP

EDIT:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Chichevache posted:

I have an amusing story about this involving a hooker having a digit one number off from mine on craigslist and her potential clients texting me. Happened 4 or 5 times in the last few months.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Coredump posted:

I have an amusing story about this involving a hooker having a digit one number off from mine on craigslist and her potential clients texting me. Happened 4 or 5 times in the last few months.

does it pay well so far?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

EX250 Type R posted:

does it pay well so far?

Not the first few times, I got confused on who was to pay who.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JHVH-1 posted:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcd/5653662656.html

ACROSS ,SUZUKI , HONDA ,YAMAHA , KAWASAKI , HARLEY DAVIDSON , BMW DEALERSHIP

EDIT:

Image 1 of 359

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

A friend of mine lived for six months in a flat in Soho that had used to be a brothel and almost every night managed to have (surprisingly polite) conversations with slightly confused men who knocked on his door looking for Trixie, 22. Still, the rent was cheap and there was a bidet right in the room.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Dear individual driving on a spare tire: thank you for not driving above the tire's speed rating of 50mph. However, I humbly request that you, at the very least, put on your hazard lights, if not pull the gently caress over when there are 20 goddamn cars behind you.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

If you are faster, you will get around, otherwise you aren't actually faster

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Well it's already pretty much ruined, so he should just put an IED in it for the next time they try.

Cut the end off an extension cord, and make a nice little circuit with the ignition switch or the levers. You might actually get them with those extra 120 volts!

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

MoraleHazard posted:

The cops will be interested once your buddy lays a hand on the perps. The cops will then arrest your buddy.

Pretty much.

No updates so far. What makes it even more interesting is A) it's had a flat front for loving ages, and B) It's loving chained to his PX that's parked right next to it.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I don't really know what the gently caress happened this morning, so I'll just tell the story.

I was on my way to work. I take Hwy 26 west to downtown Portland, it's about 25 miles or so. About 5 miles before the tunnel that leads to downtown Portland, a guy cut in front of me from the far-right to the far left. It wasn't a big deal, just a dick move.

I kept an eye on him for the most part, and a couple miles passed when I saw him again in the far-right lane. Once you get about 500 feet from the tunnel and through the tunnel, all lanes become "do not change lanes" country. Each lane goes a different direction. Left goes north, middle goes downtown, and right goes southeast.

He's in the far-right lane still. I'm in the middle, going downtown. Halfway through the tunnel, he gets in front of me. Again, dick move, but not really endangering my life or anything.

Then we go up the ramp to a stoplight, where I need to be in the far-left lane. He tries to get in front of me, but I was already passing him so he got in behind me.

I turn left at the light, I go through a few stoplights, and I notice he's beside me, with his passenger window down, and has been yelling something at me. At first I figured I had a light out or my tailbag was slipping off or something, but I was turning right at that point, so I don't know what he was yelling about. I parked and checked. Nothing wrong. Dude yelled at me for like 2 blocks, though.

tl;dr: Guy follows me for several blocks yelling about something. Also, he drives like old people gently caress.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

You took his spot. THAT WAS HIS SPOT!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Retarded Pimp posted:

You took his spot. THAT WAS HIS SPOT!

90% certain that you're correct and that he looked like your AV too.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Things to do when people yell at you on the street:
-Start giving them directions to somewhere complete with hand signals.
-Act like you are deaf and do fake sign language before finally throwing the "I give up" sign.
-Act like they are hitting on you. Talk about the date and when a good time for you is.
-Act like they are talking about how nice they think your bike is and how they used to ride.
-Listen to the entire rant quietly while nodding. When they finish yell: "WHAT DID YOU SAY? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU."
-Make your eyes really wide and stare directly in their eyes while they yell at you.
-Speak in tongues while rolling your eyes in the back of your head.
-Calmly walk to the back of their car with saying anything. (Be ready to jump out of the way if they slam it in reverse)
The possibilities are endless. Just try not to get shot or whatever. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shadowlz posted:

Things to do when people yell at you on the street:
-Start giving them directions to somewhere complete with hand signals.
-Act like you are deaf and do fake sign language before finally throwing the "I give up" sign.
-Act like they are hitting on you. Talk about the date and when a good time for you is.
-Act like they are talking about how nice they think your bike is and how they used to ride.
-Listen to the entire rant quietly while nodding. When they finish yell: "WHAT DID YOU SAY? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU."
-Make your eyes really wide and stare directly in their eyes while they yell at you.
-Speak in tongues while rolling your eyes in the back of your head.
-Calmly walk to the back of their car with saying anything. (Be ready to jump out of the way if they slam it in reverse)
The possibilities are endless. Just try not to get shot or whatever. :911:

I like letting them get a little into the rant and then shouting "EARPLUGS!" at them.