Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Mans posted:

is assault good nowadays? can i finally tick the box that i clicked off years ago?

Don't even think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
I would think +1/-1 mm would make it less likely for people to buy gold to hurry tier progression. Thus, less money for wargaming.

You have to remember, wg doesn't care if you have fun. The vast majority of players are having "fun" winning 48% of their games and dealing 2 shots of damage. Those players (the 400 wn8/45% shutter in a lowe with camo paint) are the ones that keep wot profitable.

I have a blast when I'm in my Skoda t24/church3/kv-1 and have basically +/-1 matches. That said, if I get those matches in my t67/oix, it's crazy the poo poo that those tanks can do.

Comet vs is-3, tiger2, etc? Fun. Comet vs e-75, m103, Jagdtiger? gently caress that noise.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I started an alt account cause I thought I'd try to see how many games it would take me to get to T10 and I can confirm that tier 3 thing. It's ludicrous. I felt like I was in a tier 5 match every time. My final tier 3 record was 3-10.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Michaellaneous posted:

It would stop people buying gold because good luck penning an E5 with any T8 from the front.

That's a bad comparison since the E5 is basically immune to tier eight or even most tier nine gold since the HD model change.

Mans posted:

is assault good nowadays? can i finally tick the box that i clicked off years ago?

Only if you're very drunk and want to make your own fun, since you won't have much fun in the game. Assault is a bad idea.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Bads like being bottom tier better because they feel better about their 1 penetrating shot when it's on a higher tier vehicle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Bads like being bottom tier better because they feel better about their 1 penetrating shot when it's on a higher tier vehicle.

And yet, when I start battles by saying, "Players with a winrate below 50% have proven that they are bad teammates and refuse to improve. They should never be top tier - why give them that much responsibility?" I get banned for unsportsmanlike conduct for three days.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

The KV-1S owns. It feels like a KV-1 that can actually move. Wow.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Hellsau posted:

And yet, when I start battles by saying, "Players with a winrate below 50% have proven that they are bad teammates and refuse to improve. They should never be top tier - why give them that much responsibility?" I get banned for unsportsmanlike conduct for three days.

I'm bellow 50% and am constantly trying to improve. The World of Tanks community really loves to chest beat over statistics but being in the upper 40%'s isn't that bad. The really bad players are going to be in the lower 40's and the trash players will always be in the 30's. I'm aiming for 50-55 winrate but not being there yet shouldn't mean I never can be.

I mean your quote is so black and white it's not super surprising it got reported but getting banned for that is loving stupid.

my stats:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1001206811-OfficialCopHat/

I'm actually really good at war thunder but recently quit and have been trying to get into this game with a buddy who is sitting at the high 50's (old account).

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 10, 2016

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Szcwczuk posted:

I'm bellow 50% and am constantly trying to improve. The World of Tanks community really loves to chest beat over statistics but being in the upper 40%'s isn't that bad. The really bad players are going to be in the lower 40's and the trash players will always be in the 30's. I'm aiming for 50-55 winrate but not being there yet shouldn't mean I never can be.

I mean your quote is so black and white it's not super surprising it got reported but getting banned for that is loving stupid.

my stats:

I'm actually really good at war thunder but recently quit and have been trying to get into this game with a buddy who is sitting at the high 50's (old account).

Trying to actually be better and understanding the game puts you above like 90% of the people that play this game. Getting better just means burying more time and sanity into this piece of rear end game, it is completely up to you if you think it is worth it.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Based on this: http://www.vbaddict.net/progress/officialcophat-na-321d16cde4d1253fe40393ab2f706f2b I'm on my way to my goal and I'm happy about that I've only been playing again for a month now but I'm getting less poo poo everyday. I think this game is fun and worth the time I put into it I just hope they make some changes to arty soon.

edit:and hire a UX designer.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

tbqh if you dont have a 60% wr you might as well just drive into valley, lake, beach, any other awful map position every round

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeonik posted:

I would think +1/-1 mm would make it less likely for people to buy gold to hurry tier progression. Thus, less money for wargaming.

Alternatively, if the game is drastically more fun you might actually attract a lot of players who would then spend money on "Special" Premium Tanks.

Also I bought the PZ III K because I want that british tank, but this thing is pretty awful to drive.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 10, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Szcwczuk posted:

emy stats:

If you are consciously trying to improve, you're spectacularly rare among WoT players. It's at the point where the correct strategy is, at the beginning of a round, to tell both teams in allchat the correct strategy for that particular map, simply because the playerbase is such ardent shitheads that you'll trick the bad players of both teams to do the exact opposite of your advice.

Also getting below a 40% winrate takes active sabotage. Doing literally nothing, not firing or moving, will get you a 43% winrate. You have to block, ram, or kill teammates, or punish your teams with special matchmaker stuff like platooning tier ten heavies or preferential matchmaking tanks and doing less than nothing in order to get a 30% winrate. So many of the matches are total blowouts that a platoon of three good players in great tanks have to struggle to get in the 70s, and those same blowouts stop players from losing more than 60% or so of their battles. If 30% or whatever of fights are contestable, even if you lose every single one of those you will still end up winning whichever fights aren't close in your favor.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Even if the current bads don't care whether or not they are bottom tier WG are turning off people who pick up the game and then have to spend tiers 3 and 4 getting utterly poo poo on by matchmaking. I imagine that's where alot of potential players quit. It seems really odd game design to make the part of the game everyone first encounters as off putting as possible. It's just frustrating because this game easily has the potential to be much better than it is with what should be some simple changes on things most people agree suck, but instead WG would rather just sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Counterpoint: Russians love adversity. Continuously being poo poo on gives them massive Slavic boners.

Tier 3 in a tier 5 match again? Such is life. :ussr:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

subhelios posted:

Please and thank you. The IS-3 articles were rather interesting.

Object 212

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Even if the current bads don't care whether or not they are bottom tier WG are turning off people who pick up the game and then have to spend tiers 3 and 4 getting utterly poo poo on by matchmaking. I imagine that's where alot of potential players quit. It seems really odd game design to make the part of the game everyone first encounters as off putting as possible. It's just frustrating because this game easily has the potential to be much better than it is with what should be some simple changes on things most people agree suck, but instead WG would rather just sit around with their thumbs up their asses.

I agree fully. Clubbing in the old days in t2/3 didn't hurt the game as much as the current tier 3 shitshow. How is it on eu, is it just an na thing?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yeonik posted:

I agree fully. Clubbing in the old days in t2/3 didn't hurt the game as much as the current tier 3 shitshow. How is it on eu, is it just an na thing?

EU is same shitshow as on NA. Don't play non-pref Tier 3s on EU.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Axetrain posted:

When I first started playing (just before physics), tier 3 was great and tier 4 was a shithole and tier 5 was great. Tier 3 had stuff like the Rocket Luchs, and otherwise just had regular tanks with no horseshit like Cruiser 4s and Pz1Cs and 105mm derp guns. Then the Pz1C came out and everyone was sad that the Rocket Luchs got killed by being turned into a lovely tier 4, and then people actually drove the Pz1C and the Luchs and figured out that those tanks are fantastic.

Shame no one can actually play these good, fun tanks because they'll get poo poo on by the matchmaker, and none of the new players get to reap the benefits of there being a lack of a bunch of seal clubbers ready to eat them, because the new players also get poo poo on by matchmaker but the new players also have to deal with bullshit stock grinds and learning new maps and poo poo. poo poo is ridiculous.

Then again, when I started playing, tier 4 was really bad since almost every tier 4 was ridiculously underpowered and the tier 4 lights were MUCH worse tanks than they are now, and also saw tier....8 battles? Did one of them see tier 9? it was stupid.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Hellsau posted:

Then again, when I started playing, tier 4 was really bad since almost every tier 4 was ridiculously underpowered and the tier 4 lights were MUCH worse tanks than they are now, and also saw tier....8 battles? Did one of them see tier 9? it was stupid.

Actually, they all saw tier 9. It was a dark dark time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Valle posted:

Actually, they all saw tier 9. It was a dark dark time.

That says tier 4 lights get matchmaking 4-10. It was indeed dark times, but that was also before I started. Wargaming tightening matchmaking made the game better, they should probably learn a lesson from that and tighten it up again.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Look again, they get battle tier 10, but actual tier 10 tanks don't show up until battle tier 11. This was when the only tier 10 tanks was the Maus, IS-7 and T30.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Valle posted:

Look again, they get battle tier 10, but actual tier 10 tanks don't show up until battle tier 11. This was when the only tier 10 tanks was the Maus, IS-7 and T30.

So we went from having up to battle tier 13, where battle tier 10 was just 9s and lower, to what we have now where battle tier 12 is gone and tier 10s always have something to stomp on? okay wargaming

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
new way to entertain yourself in world of tanks http://imgur.com/bidLrq2 i mean just look at that fools username

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
I just remembered that I really liked the 112, and began playing it again. Still really solid + I think they moved the gas tank away from the lfp? If they did that its a major buff. Also, expected damage in it is way too low + getting three autisms on it seems really easy compared to any other tank I've been playing.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Turmoilx posted:

new way to entertain yourself in world of tanks http://imgur.com/bidLrq2 i mean just look at that fools username

:shittypop:

Hadn't seen gimmick accounts before. That Church III is almost the only tank they've driven, too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

The mikasa, you have till august 8th to get like 120 kills. Tier 4+ ships only iirc.

FYI, the mikasa pretty much sucks. The only thing it holds in unique is that it is a tier 2 battleship (battleships are tier 3+ otherwise).

Hmm, I suck at any tier above tier 2, so in that way it'd be the perfect battleship for me. But getting it requires playing higher than tier 2.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
guys, please sign my petition:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/505579-make-soccer-tanks-available-year-round-please/

Also, lol:

Turmoilx posted:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

What's the story behind PANSY clan description including the TOST clan description?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Valle posted:

What's the story behind PANSY clan description including the TOST clan description?

Eh, I think it was something like Hellsau pointing it out after running into their bots in a battle, and I decided to copy their description because it's laughably bad. I even ran into a platoon of theirs (including the commander) and instructed them to check us out, but they didn't say anything. Literal bots, I guess. :shrug:

-----------------------------------------------------

Here was a pretty tense low-tier battle:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2809011?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

Is it just me or is the M41 laughably easy to Ace?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2809013?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

There was this one about a week and a half earlier, but I guess I didn't save the replay:

(I just abused the center road on Lakeville.)

I don't even think those were the first two aces I've got in this thing. :stare:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hremsfeld posted:

:shittypop:

Hadn't seen gimmick accounts before. That Church III is almost the only tank they've driven, too.

yeah its free from invite code "WOTREDDIT" or REDDITWOT , one of the 2

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Eh, I think it was something like Hellsau pointing it out after running into their bots in a battle, and I decided to copy their description because it's laughably bad. I even ran into a platoon of theirs (including the commander) and instructed them to check us out, but they didn't say anything. Literal bots, I guess. :shrug:

I think we ran into TOST in a Stronghold. I faintly remember me telling them what not to do on Fisherman's Bay (don't camp the southwest corner since you can't actually shoot anything until you're surrounded) and telling them what they should do (push up the 1 line hard) and then they camped the southwest corner, we pushed the 1 line hard and won easily. I think I looked them up because one of their members has notably low winrate or something, laughed at their clan motto, and then the next time we fought them just started copy and pasting their clan description.

I make my own fun in Strongholds. The amount of people who don't understand what banter is staggers me. When I'm playing Strongholds, I'll often just try to guess what the enemy clan tag is an acronym for, and never use it to insult them unless it's late and it'd be really funny, or if we've run into them before and they had a bad reaction. Like I've got an invite to the clan [T-T-B] apparently. If I were to run into them in Strongholds, I might say this in allchat:

"[T-T-B] = Tough Tanking Bronies?"

or something similarly innocent, and the amount of idiot 48%ers who think that's trash talk makes me ashamed for the playerbase. Banter is fun, people, talk more!

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I loved company battles of old with Hellsau. He would literally tell the opposing team in all chat what we were going to do. We'd do it exactly as he described. We'd still win and not lose a single tank.

Then we'd get called fags or cheaters. But hey I got like a 99% company battle stat so suck it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bob A Feet posted:

I loved company battles of old with Hellsau. He would literally tell the opposing team in all chat what we were going to do. We'd do it exactly as he described. We'd still win and not lose a single tank.

Then we'd get called fags or cheaters. But hey I got like a 99% company battle stat so suck it.

It's absurd how bad the playerbase is. Whenever I join a new clan to kill it, sometimes during Strongholds I'll just, without warning, tell a bad enemy team exactly what they should do to beat us. When my new clan freaks out at me, I just tell them to trust me, the opponents will do the opposite of my advice and walk right into us.

I've never been wrong.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
team for 3v3 tier 8 tourney tomorrow night: http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000284/team/1000069594/

password: mole

Come beat teams that don't show up and win a 25% personal reserve 100 gold for 5th place!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Whenever I join a new clan to kill it

Go on.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do goons still play this in any real number? I'm thinking of giving it a go again, and sacrificing my historical 59% win rate to re-learn.

gently caress you I love stats.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

PerrineClostermann posted:

Do goons still play this in any real number? I'm thinking of giving it a go again, and sacrificing my historical 59% win rate to re-learn.

wouldnt recommend

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I am the Clan Killer. I've been in a lot of clans that died, either directly through my own actions (CRABS) or that were incredibly doomed and I just got out slightly before they imploded, yet I still take the credit for them (PURPL and VOLT, etc.)

Turns out when there's a bunch of shitters in a clan with oversized egos that they can't back up, and they come into contact with my oversized ego that I can back up, there's a problem, and most clan commanders aren't willing or able to kick out the shitheads who drag everyone else down, and I'm correct basically 95% of the time so they don't want to just kick me out, so everything kind of implodes. If someone repeatedly makes the same mistakes, I'm usually willing to point those mistakes out, and bad players never try to learn from their mistakes so I end up just describing why we lost a CW battle, and then saying the same exact thing three more times that night, then the actually good players figure out that wait we're not actually improving are we, time to find another clan.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I think the game is worse and is certainly more infuriating so I don't have the main game installed, just the super-super test Sandbox version. So I won't be there, if that'll make you more likely to want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
B-But I miss you, Hellsau!