Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The retail game uses cardboard coins making it no different than Five Tribes or Small World in that regard. And the designer said it's a nonfactor so really it's just there to punish inattentive players because anyone paying half attention is tracking your score.

Seems like a silly thing to call someone a bad designer.

e: Okay I didn't see the "official variant" but hey it's a variant for a reason and the only way to enforce it is if the table collectively agrees to it before playing.

e2: Eh, I can't get mad at his reasoning either. "This was never an issue in play testing but I included optional suggestions just in case certain groups want ideas for rare scenarios." Would it have been more okay if it were a file you had to download from the annals of BGG?

al-azad fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
this is why Stonemaier and Sirlin are the eternal game designer opposites. Without one, you cannot have the other. Where one is, the other cannot exist. The eternal balance of good customer service and ability to design for high level play.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Lorini posted:

gently caress that. We play once seen always seen but I guess his apparently weak design can't handle that.

That was something that put me off the Mistborn board game that Crafty is Kickstarting right now. You get these Favor chits, and some are positive, some are negative, but they all have the same backs. It looked like everyone would know what you were earning when you earned it, but you could just leave your chits face down so people could know with a look the number of chits, but not their value. These sorts of obfuscations just serve to benefit players with either good memories, or who want to keep notes. Now, if the number of chits is common knowledge, but their value is never public, that's a different matter entirely.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Lorini posted:

once seen always seen

I really can't imagine designing against this principle. Like, if you can get something of a secret value during the game (like bonus tokens in Jaipur), then I can understand that why you want to obfuscate things overall since it is partially unknown anyway, so stop the slowdown of people asking about totals since they can't get it for sure anyway. But to try and do this with non-identical tokens is just :psyduck: to me.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I remember people here explicitly praising hidden VPs as a good thing against AP-prone players when I brought it up a while ago. Specifically, that it was a good design feature of Puerto Rico and Small World and that my friends and I keeping it as open info was not optimal. And now it's treated as a bad thing? :eyepop:

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

e: didn't refresh, everybody already said this

rchandra fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 12, 2016

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Chill la Chill posted:

I remember people here explicitly praising hidden VPs as a good thing against AP-prone players when I brought it up a while ago. Specifically, that it was a good design feature of Puerto Rico and Small World and that my friends and I keeping it as open info was not optimal. And now it's treated as a bad thing? :eyepop:

It's almost like there are a lot of people on this forum!

That is a really dumb rule but in the context of the game it would have very limited effect in rare situations I think.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Chill la Chill posted:

Often games are not fun if someone spends half an hour calculating out the optimal move. Everyone at the table knows it's not fun, but for quite a few people it's difficult to resist. Additionally, in practice there is a big difference between known information, and hidden-but-theoretically-trackable information. People don't generally write everything down even if they could, just in the interest of time. So in practice, hidden-yet-trackable information becomes "Dave has a lot of red meeples, but not very many blue", which is useful information but much less AP-inducing than knowing "Dave has 8 reds, 2 blues, and 3 unknown meeples".

This would probably be different if you were playing high-stakes keyflower with a million dollar pot. In that case, you might want to play it open just for expedience. (Alternatively, you could ban note-taking and have explicit clock rules, and just accept that better memory gives someone an advantage just like other better mental skills.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I play Power Grid with secret money, despite every transaction being trackable.

Also, when I played Container for the first time last week, my group agreed to play with secret money.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Chill la Chill posted:

I think it depends a lot on the information. It would be silly in Ticket to Ride to force a player to split their hand between what they pulled out of the common row, versus what they draw blind. But with ticket, I care less about exactly how many of a given color my opponent has, but rather the trends in what they're picking up, as it's the trends that are informative.

But the only reason I can think of to obscure the final score, especially in something like Small World, just seems to serve to try to keep players that are really getting their rear end kicked from dropping out because they can't win.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
I'm happy to forego the odd win rather than have to endure endless min-max maths driven AP. If the game has a points tracker, great. If not, then I'll eyeball it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Jabor posted:

Often games are not fun if someone spends half an hour calculating out the optimal move. Everyone at the table knows it's not fun, but for quite a few people it's difficult to resist. Additionally, in practice there is a big difference between known information, and hidden-but-theoretically-trackable information. People don't generally write everything down even if they could, just in the interest of time. So in practice, hidden-yet-trackable information becomes "Dave has a lot of red meeples, but not very many blue", which is useful information but much less AP-inducing than knowing "Dave has 8 reds, 2 blues, and 3 unknown meeples".

This would probably be different if you were playing high-stakes keyflower with a million dollar pot. In that case, you might want to play it open just for expedience. (Alternatively, you could ban note-taking and have explicit clock rules, and just accept that better memory gives someone an advantage just like other better mental skills.)
Right. I just don't think this is going to cause more AP than it would otherwise. Is it really more likely to cause AP? Most likely, the only thing anyone cares about is "who is winning," and the game's point is to win. Losing by 5 or 20 points doesn't matter since you didn't win. An AP-prone player would try to calculate all the hidden stuff anyway, wouldn't they? It speeds it up in that manner.

foxxtrot posted:

I think it depends a lot on the information. It would be silly in Ticket to Ride to force a player to split their hand between what they pulled out of the common row, versus what they draw blind. But with ticket, I care less about exactly how many of a given color my opponent has, but rather the trends in what they're picking up, as it's the trends that are informative.
I'm the sort of player who reveals known card information in competitive MTG games. A lot of the more socially-unsavory types would prefer writing it down and pretending nobody knows what they know but lol. Same with TTR. Optimal play make you use known cards first anyway, so it really doesn't matter. But a lot of people have a weird mental hangup about "showing" what's not-really-hidden info.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm the sort of player who reveals known card information in competitive MTG games. A lot of the more socially-unsavory types would prefer writing it down and pretending nobody knows what they know but lol. Same with TTR. Optimal play make you use known cards first anyway, so it really doesn't matter. But a lot of people have a weird mental hangup about "showing" what's not-really-hidden info.

Absolutely, my point with Ticket was more that it was inconvenient to split your hand, and it would add little to do so.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

foxxtrot posted:

Absolutely, my point with Ticket was more that it was inconvenient to split your hand, and it would add little to do so.

You just leave it out and it's not inconvenient at all. Like, it's on the table next to your fanned hand. It subtracts the time someone else would take to try and remember what card it was you took 5 turns ago.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Rutibex posted:

These are just your personal preferences, not everyone believes that all things in life must be entirely compartmentalized. You seem to think that anyone that buys Tanto Cuore does so to jerk off to it, but that's not the case at all. Tanto Cuore is a mechanically sound game, in addition to having anime boob girls. Could it be that some people like Tanto Cuore as a game, but also find the cheeseball art to be an enhancement?
No, I don't think that everyone that buys Tanto Cuore does it to jerk off, the same way that I don't think that everyone that reads Oglaf does it to jerk off. And yeah, Tanto Cuore is basically Dominion, so that argument is moot. No one buys Tanto Cuore for the mechanisms alone, because there are viable alternatives if you like the mechanisms of Tanto Cuore but don't like the art.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the :nyd: icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the :nyd: icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the :nyd: icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Chill la Chill posted:

Right. I just don't think this is going to cause more AP than it would otherwise. Is it really more likely to cause AP? Most likely, the only thing anyone cares about is "who is winning," and the game's point is to win. Losing by 5 or 20 points doesn't matter since you didn't win. An AP-prone player would try to calculate all the hidden stuff anyway, wouldn't they? It speeds it up in that manner.

Not in my experience. They don't remembered everything perfectly, so the AP-prone player ends up making a move that's generally good instead of trying to optimise to beat player A by exactly one point while also defending against player B by exactly the margin necessary while also minimising their vulnerability to player C...

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Kiranamos posted:

Please use the :nyd: icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the :nyd: icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the :nyd: icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

:nyd:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Lorini posted:

Exactly why I don't like Stonemaier as a designer. Right up there with dumbest rule ever.

From BGG Scythe Rules forum

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1460460/why-rule-hiding-coins-so-woolly/page/1

Basically you are supposed to stack your metal coins of different colors but no one should actually look at them and if they do, they are bad players who people shouldn't play with.

gently caress that. We play once seen always seen but I guess his apparently weak design can't handle that.

I think you are misunderstanding this. It's not a question of counting the coins that the player has sitting in front of them, it's a question of evaluating the coins they would be awarded if the game were to end right there and then. Because the actual victory condition is most money, and the various "achievements" that get you stars award you money based on your popularity (as well as other factors). I don't think it's at all unreasonable to not want people doing the full scoring math constantly. Or at least not if they're going to hold up actually taking their turn for any length of time in the process.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

As a slight update to my Pandemic Legacy post earlier, it double sucks that our Medic died because we could have saved him! We forgot to upgrade at the end of the first game and planned (even before all the outbreaks occured that killed him) was get him an extra scar slot just for situations like this. But considering as his character card is already torn up, it's a bit to late backtrack on that :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kiranamos posted:

Thanks!

Your mom is a manatee and your father a horse

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Your mom is a rutabaga and your father a cereal box.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
First impressions: The Voyages of Marco Polo. It's the game that I really wanted when I tried La Granja. Fast, furious elbowing through Asia with tight resource mechanics. I can't wait to try it out with more than 2. Have been thinking about the game since played it about 7 hours ago. Really want to play it again and again.

Scythe: definitely good, solidly medium high tier. I wish that you could accomplish a little more per turn. I played with 3 people who are fairly non-aggressive and I kinda stomped by just never attacking but also looking like a pain to attack. It seems like the game at least partially depends on group think to determine a winning strategy, but my friend who only plays euros and doesn't do highly competitive games still loved it. It's extremely pretty. I don't think I could play more than one or two rounds of this game in a week, though. It's slightly too long - but that may change as it gets more plays.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
If you don't own Mage Knight yet and like Star Trek, is there any reason to buy Mage Knight over Star Trek Frontiers? Does STF gently caress up the mechanics or lack something Mage Knight had, or is it basically the exact same in terms of playability and quality?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Front page article about some card game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gorgo Primus posted:

If you don't own Mage Knight yet and like Star Trek, is there any reason to buy Mage Knight over Star Trek Frontiers? Does STF gently caress up the mechanics or lack something Mage Knight had, or is it basically the exact same in terms of playability and quality?

A number of mechanics have changed, but I don't know enough to say for sure if they're bad so much as just different. I'd be genuinely curious to know the answer myself.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

malkav11 posted:

I think you are misunderstanding this. It's not a question of counting the coins that the player has sitting in front of them, it's a question of evaluating the coins they would be awarded if the game were to end right there and then. Because the actual victory condition is most money, and the various "achievements" that get you stars award you money based on your popularity (as well as other factors). I don't think it's at all unreasonable to not want people doing the full scoring math constantly. Or at least not if they're going to hold up actually taking their turn for any length of time in the process.

Specifically, the player who has the power to end the game doing that math, every turn. I've played two games of Scythe and in both of them one player was way way ahead on stars, the factor that ends the game. In both those games, that player ended up losing, so they were shooting themselves in the foot by taking the game ending action instead of trying to catch up.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Gorgo Primus posted:

From what I've read online the games are fairly close to each other, but MK has a bunch of extra content available in the form of expansions. Lost Legion in particular is excellent, Volkare scenarios are so much better than regular city conquest scenarios.

So unless you really dig the Trek theme, I'd recommend Mage Knight because of the additional content available.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

As a slight update to my Pandemic Legacy post earlier, it double sucks that our Medic died because we could have saved him! We forgot to upgrade at the end of the first game and planned (even before all the outbreaks occured that killed him) was get him an extra scar slot just for situations like this. But considering as his character card is already torn up, it's a bit to late backtrack on that :v:

Remember the rule where if you do something wrong that's heavily to your disadvantage, and you can't rewind, you get more funding!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Chill la Chill posted:

With people you can trust to avoid AP, you can just reveal the hidden pieces. But having hidden VPs can really speed up the game when you play with new people.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Trynant posted:

I picked up two games designed by Alban Viard, self-publishing French dude who's a few glossy components and pretty website above making complete shoebox games. Both games are about complicated tile-building euro-scoring stuff. In both cases, the rules aren't particularly complicated (once you get past some really sub-par rulebooks that really do need you running to boardgamegeek to figure out what the hell is going on), but the geometry puzzles of placing tiles mixed with point optimizing creates an inferno of a couple of brain burners.

Clinic is the earlier title, and hearkening back to the self-publishing stuff this game comes in a god drat corrugated-cardboard box. The quality of materials is very low-budget "I made this game" kind of stuff, but the graphic designs and clever usage of crappy components gives Clinic a charming feel. Also the turn track marker may be a pill capsule, or that may have just been an added thing because this game is about running a hospital.
Gameplay-wise, Clinic's selling point to me was it using a kind of three dimensional tile-placing layout, where your 2D player board is laid out in perspective so that you place parallelogram-shaped tiles and are representing that you can build upwards as well as across. It's a very unique take on tile-laying that also can be mind-bendy as gently caress. Just, like, look at this and realize you have to try to make sense of adjacency rules in six directions.

Yeah.
What this all plays out as is you placing rooms (the tiles) to fit doctors, patients, nurses, office staff, and all their cars (all of which are cubes) into that 3D space, 2D player board. Not only that, but any people moving in your hospital cost "time" every space they move--each move will roughly count against a third of your score at the end of the game. You have to puzzle not only how to cram all these rooms into the all-too tiny space--especially when you have to make room for parking dear god do you--but also puzzle how to get people to their spots as fast as possible with that crammed space. And you have to handle the weird spacial reasoning. Good luck.
I love this kind of stuff, and the game uses enough piece limits on rooms, patients, and clinic hires to make it more than multiplayer solitaire. That being said, this is the kind of game where you're going to want to be a heavy eurogame kind of gamer--the kind of eurogame that's tight on actions and those actions will bump into other players plans in mean ways.

Small City is the other game by Viard, and while it trades out the three-dimensional game space for an easier-to-grasp flat city tile-laying space, this newer title makes up for any logistical nightmares with wonderfully stressful player dickery and pollution-filled cities. In an Antiquity-style manner, you're grabbing a bunch of tetris-like pieces in a simultaneous build phase to connect your city zones in the most profitable ways possible. Every turn, players get to grab a special ability card that (usually) helps their city building in some way. The "gently caress-you" player interaction begins here, because the first player is going to get a Mayor meeple placed on two joined, vacant spaces on their city board courtesy of the other players, and that mayor blocks building there. The first player then gets to be mean and choose his card, and because the cards are randomly laid out in a rondel-style circle, other players have to pay extra cash if they want to pick a card that's farther away from the mayor's choice.
After this bit of meanness comes the agonizing city-building. City building is all about adjacent zone tiles relying on other types of adjacent tiles. Larger residential tiles (which score votes that win the game) can be built if they're next to culture buildings, culture buildings need factory goods built by factory tiles, factory tiles can't be built next to residential zones, and holyfuckwhatdoIdomindmelt this game will brain burn even if it doesn't have a 3D building game going on. Add on a layer of worker-placement citizens that have to work buildings but also cause pollution (along with factory goods) that can kill your workers, deduct points at the end of the game, and possibly eliminate you from the game if you polluted your city into an garbage dump of death; AND THEN have other players be able to place one of their citizens as "tourists" that can block spaces and steal their effects--and you have an incredibly punishing and mean game with adorable art.

Both of these games absolutely fall into the "particularly brilliant games for a niche audience and very few other people" categories. If these mean, mind-churning building games interest you, you may want to stop by AV Studios Games while you can to get them. These are self-published, small print run titles that will probably not be reprinted soon if ever (it's kind of a miracle Clinic has a second printing). Be warned that both games' rules have some translation gently caress-ups and outright vagaries, and even though the games are solid when you know the rules, the rulebooks are pretty crap.

Heavy Cardboard also put up an episode on Small City (with brief talk on Clinic), and it's worth a listen if these games interest you.

They already seem to be out of stock

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That's a downer. Small City is a fun puzzle game and I just bought Town Centre off the back of it. (Clinic seems to be a mix of the two and less pure, I probably won't get that one.)

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Trynant posted:

I picked up two games designed by Alban Viard, self-publishing French dude who's a few glossy components and pretty website above making complete shoebox games. Both games are about complicated tile-building euro-scoring stuff. In both cases, the rules aren't particularly complicated (once you get past some really sub-par rulebooks that really do need you running to boardgamegeek to figure out what the hell is going on), but the geometry puzzles of placing tiles mixed with point optimizing creates an inferno of a couple of brain burners.

Thanks for this writeup, it really clicked for me.

For Scythe:

Undead Hippo posted:

Specifically, the player who has the power to end the game doing that math, every turn. I've played two games of Scythe and in both of them one player was way way ahead on stars, the factor that ends the game. In both those games, that player ended up losing, so they were shooting themselves in the foot by taking the game ending action instead of trying to catch up.

In my two first games I recently played, the 6th star placer lost by about 10-15 total in one game (other player had much more popularity), and lost 51-54 (lost by exactly the amount granted by the bonus tile) in the second. Neither game seemed bullshitty, we were still learning and what we learned is that it's a little counter-intuitive but the stars are simply the highest scoring element - nothing more. So you with 6 and an opponent with 4 isn't necessarily a huge lead and is easy to calculate with a glance at the scoring/popularity track.

You need to balance your growth in other scoring elements with your star placement, and the longer the game goes on the more you need military power to protect your poo poo as it gets more valuable (but combat things like power and combat cards contribute zero to your score.) In the first game the 6th star placer had tons of military power but they actually over-invested in it to the detriment of their score; the other player (me) ignored their territory later in the game because I didn't want the popularity hit but they kept turtling; they could have used those turns for something else (again, military power has zero scoring impact.)

I think if you treat it kind of like in Tigris & Euphrates where only your lowest scoring category "counts" you're in the right mindset, rather than thinking of the six stars as the victory condition in itself.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
bad post, better later

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 12, 2016

SirFelixCat
Apr 8, 2016

They say an elephant never forgets the first time they got company dumped.

Megasabin posted:

They already seem to be out of stock

Sorry about that.

And Trynant, thanks for the props. Just glad you enjoy them both as much as you do!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
So my friend who plays 'once seen always seen' (within reason, not with card drafting), says that playing this way is fine with Scythe. Note that neither of us have a lot of tolerance for AP'ers. Our first rule of gaming is to make sure that everyone else at the table is enjoying themselves, and AP'ers seem not to acknowledge that.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Rutibex posted:

This is my key objection to the entire line of reasoning. There is no monolithic organization called "the industry" that coordinates boardgame content. If we were in soviet Russia there might be a point to be made about what sort of content the state propaganda department provides (or what the BBC provides in Briton). This is not the case, "the industry" is made up of individuals who are all making their preferred game.

Who is to say what the appropriate quota of women's representation is? Obviously some male focused game should be allowed. So who gets to decide which games are blessed with the privilege of free expression? If more than the appropriate quota of people want to make games that are not women focused than censorship is necessary.

Rutibex, the reason people are treating you like a cartoon of a human being is because of how you're speaking and acting. You aren't communicating your ideas in any sort of way that makes sense or resonates with people.

A reminder here that what touched you off This Time was Gutter Owl saying "I don't like this in my that and here is a reasonable and well-articulated reason why" and your response comes off as rudely blowing off steam, then you double down on it by doing more of the same. When you follow all that up with a post like this one that contains an impassioned plea about how you're being misunderstood -- well, no one is prepared to or interested in taking you seriously.

Maybe you're frustrated at the inability to communicate your ideas but honestly I'm not sure you can shake people seeing you as an unwelcome creepy weirdo who's not worth engaging in any serious way unless you do. It would help if you limit yourself to talking about what you (as in, literally you yourself) personally think and feel and why; and I don't mean indulging in sarcastic or hyperbolic talk about society, the industry, or any of that nonsense because no one takes that seriously.

Talk about what you think and feel and why instead of trying to convince people of something or helping them see the matrix. I mean something like (and this is my statement, not an attempt to put words in your mouth) "I like looking at pretty girls, and a card game with pretty girls in it seems great to me because it combines two awesome things and even if art is bad it's still a good card game. The idea that I should feel bad about enjoying the art or liking a game regardless of the art because I'm somehow helping bad things happen doesn't make any sense to me" would be more relatable to people even if they don't agree. If you are trying to share what you're thinking or feeling but what you wrote doesn't make you feel like you have exposed some part of yourself, then you probably haven't written anything worth thinking about.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 12, 2016

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mister Sinewave posted:

Rutibex, the reason people are treating you like a cartoon of a human being is because of how you're speaking and acting. You aren't communicating your ideas in any sort of way that makes sense or resonates with people.

I thought the issue people had with him was that he has terrifying homemade versions of talisman, one of which I am fairly certain is made of human skin.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Caros posted:

I thought the issue people had with him was that he has terrifying homemade versions of talisman, one of which I am fairly certain is made of human skin.

Nah, that's Chaos in the Old World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Puerto Rico is where we've had our most "time to do some arithmetic" moments. You could end the game, and you know you'd either come first or second by a slim margin. Do you end the game? In our group, what you do is you count and find out. Everyone knows it's not really fun, but we all allow it. Ending the game and finding that you lost by a point is less fun. Prolonging the game instead of winning is also less fun. It's just a not great situation. What can solve it is having proper score trackers so you can always figure out everyone's score without having to spend 2 or 3 minutes doing math.