Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I told the Mrs she could have a present after a few gins in the sun but forgot about her expensive rear end taste. Python Christian Loboutins. I then bought myself this shiny rear end bottle to cheer up/drink more and forget :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

^^ Their root beer is excellent as well

Unfortunately it costs the same as real beer :negative:

The four-pack feels like a real pretentious "gently caress you" too. You can't even handle having six of these because they're so special.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

I told the Mrs she could have a present after a few gins in the sun but forgot about her expensive rear end taste. Python Christian Loboutins.

These are rad and I like your lady's style.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
So bad, I had to have it

Turambar has a new favorite as of 20:48 on Jul 10, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is that a dildo or a fleshlight?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every fleshlight is also a dildo.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Preordered a while back but it comes out on Friday so gently caress it I'm gonna post it.

Also bought a couple books

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OSU_Matthew posted:

^^ Their root beer is excellent as well

Unfortunately it costs the same as real beer :negative:

It was $1.55 bottle, which isn't too bad

Also,

new favorite sparkling lemonade

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Also,

I don't know why but I just want to eat some Parma Violets and then wash them down with that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

9oz that's a tiny rear end bottle. I'd finish that in 1.5 gulps

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wanamingo posted:

Also,

Fentiman's is overpriced and in all honesty overrated too. Belvoir is the one and it's a similar price for a much larger bottle too which is ridiculous.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also bought a couple books

An excellent book, good choice.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Polyakov posted:

An excellent book, good choice.

:agreed:

The audio version's pretty good, for anyone with Audible credits to burn.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Toast Museum posted:

:agreed:

The audio version's pretty good, for anyone with Audible credits to burn.

I'm nearly done with it now and have enjoyed it for the most part. I think her Meet the Romans BBC series might drive the point home a little better though. SPQR is good but kind of a re-tread if you've already read a couple books on Roman history. It would make for a great introductory book but left me a little wanting after reading Will Durant and Tom Holland. I do like how she tries to bring out everyday Roman life as much as possible though.

Also can confirm that rose sparkling lemonade is good. Bought a bottle on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised.

MeatwadIsGod has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Jul 11, 2016

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
North Face Base Camp duffel bag, size L:

T-shirt:

Kindle books:

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013

A couple things for my bathroom

Zooey Dave Chapelle has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Jul 12, 2016

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

88h88 posted:

Fentiman's is overpriced and in all honesty overrated too. Belvoir is the one and it's a similar price for a much larger bottle too which is ridiculous.

Can't get enough of this stuff. Has the mouthfeel of a dry champagne. Can't drink anymore so on bad days I can at least pretend. :downs:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YHZH0

Ordered this last May and it just got here. It's alright, as far as chocolate goes.

AP Knight
Nov 28, 2006

Intentionally Left Blank.

Needed some shoes, so I bought some shoes.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Wanamingo posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YHZH0

Ordered this last May and it just got here. It's alright, as far as chocolate goes.

last May? as in 2015? Holy poo poo that is a long delivery time.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fyallm posted:

last May? as in 2015? Holy poo poo that is a long delivery time.

No, last May as in the one we had two months back.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So just May then

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

queserasera posted:

Can't get enough of this stuff. Has the mouthfeel of a dry champagne. Can't drink anymore so on bad days I can at least pretend. :downs:

My GF buys these a lot. I always guff at the price but as soon as I start drinking it... man, so worth it.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So just May then

Well it was the last May that happened.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

Well it was the last May that happened.

JUST MAY.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ohmanohmanohmanohmanohman partial trip report/first impressions:

I got my Goruck GR1 today and I am AMPED to bring this bad mama jama everywhere with me. It has the same footprint as my old Incase backpack, but holds so much more stuff. I only have it about 1/3 loaded, but it's already more stuff than my old backpack could ever hold. The laptop compartment graciously accepts my MS GS60 laptop and the fact that it opens all the way around allows for substantially easier packing.

I am in love. It holds a bajillion of my Precise V5 pens (best pens), my books, camera, headphones, laptop, 3DS, chargers, and a bunch of other crap that I'm still trying to figure out what. I fear that my capability to carry it will be the limiting factor. I may even be able to get away with not packing a checked bag for my trip to China tomorrow.

Incredible.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Now all you need to do is get a sternum strap, a hydration pack, and sign up for the Goruck Tough challenge.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Tragically, I am a wimpy noodleboy, a pretty significant upgrade from my former drunk fatboy stage, but I'm really only remotely hardcore in emergency situations.

That said, I need to buy a bunch of stuff so I can justify having this rad as hell backpack. Maybe I'll start re-translating The Aeneid while I'm in China. I'll need a few reference books and that should eat up the space.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Thanks, Amazon Prime Day.

Samsung 55" curved 4k tv for $649. A good enough deal that I jumped a little earlier than I intended. At least my cable box and Netflix will do 4k.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

AP Knight posted:

Those are some nice shoes.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

AP Knight posted:

I'm sad because you posted normal shoes that no one can really make fun of :( shoe post where people get poo poo on are some of my favorites posts in this thread.

two "leather"bound books from barnes and nobles because they were cheap and I wanted to get my hands on them. Both books interested me for quite a while and having a physical copy of older/original fables and fairy tales is something I'll enjoy.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Jul 12, 2016

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Heads up: a thread favorite, the Instant Pot pressure cooker, is on sale today for $70. I've been using mine for a few months now, and it's pretty handy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Toast Museum posted:

Heads up: a thread favorite, the Instant Pot pressure cooker, is on sale today for $70. I've been using mine for a few months now, and it's pretty handy.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got myself a cooker.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:kingsley: WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Sold some bits on eBay, so I can buy some new bits and make 0% profit

Magnetic polish!

Sparkly!

More flakes and sparkles!

A thermal which never work on me because I've always had the circulation of a boney old lady! (Mood rings never worked on me either, as a kid. :zombie:)

And picked up a boatload of books at a recent conference

including a second-hand Lewis and Short from 1922 -- I have a more modern edition that lives in my office, but the one I grabbed (not the one in the picture) was only £20 and a previous owner had handily put letter tabs on the pages to make it easier to go right to the one of 1500+ pages to find the word I need. This one will live at home next to my OLD, 1890s Freund (which I've owned since I was a student and have lovingly indexed all of the filthy words), Capelli, and Niermeyer :black101:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I would love to try on a Goruck bag in person as I cannot figure out what about them justifies the price or the crazy devotion people have. The straps on them look too skinny to be comfortable at all.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SLOSifl posted:

Thanks, Amazon Prime Day.

Samsung 55" curved 4k tv for $649. A good enough deal that I jumped a little earlier than I intended. At least my cable box and Netflix will do 4k.

I bought the non-curved one for $100 less.

55" 4K Smart TV for $549, can't beat that.

edit: also just bought a bean bag chair from prime day for playing video games on my new TV.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Jul 12, 2016

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

flosofl posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Just got myself a cooker.

Same here, I'm hoping that it'll do sushi rice well since doing that poo poo on a stovetop sucks (a lot).

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Tres Burritos posted:

Same here, I'm hoping that it'll do sushi rice well since doing that poo poo on a stovetop sucks (a lot).

I haven't used it for sushi rice specifically, but in general I've had good results cooking rice and other grains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I have a great zojirushi rice cooker but it's kinda slow, I'm really tempted by that instant pot. Pressure cooker functionality would be a cool thing even though I have no plans or ideas for it