Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
got randomly logged out of the forums, that was weird

oh well hi guys

i went to the library and got lots of books and also read a cool lil' booklet about the history of labor in rhode island fun times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I just got laid off so get ready to see a lot more posts!!!!!

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i'm sorry to hear that ali, hope you can find something quick

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Personally, I hope o never have to work again

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Al! posted:

Personally, I hope o never have to work again

i hope so too, maybe you can pull off that stay at home dad gig idk

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

Thanks, Obama! :mad:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

well poo poo, sorry about that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oystertoadfish posted:

no, i haven't. no reason not to, i suppose. thanks

its too bad he didnt want to go into the byzantines (and then the ottomans! and then the russians!), i thought i was alone in thinking the byzantine empire was deeply interesting, more so than the roman empire really, until i found the europa universalis community and realized theres a shitload of byzantium fanboys out there to the point where its kind of embarrassing

that sounds cool, for some reason it reminded me of this old-rear end book about the history of science
https://www.amazon.com/Microbe-Hunters-Paul-Kruif/dp/0156027771
it's cool and well written and also sheds light on some of the crazy casual racism and the ridiculous state of medical ethics in the early 20th century. some guy tricked africans into getting spinal taps by just straight up lying to them, and there's a whole thing where he calls the local subjects of walter reed a bunch of lazy cubans while celebrating the bravery of the good white army boys who agreed to get bit by mosquitos and have yellow fever

the author also helped Famous Author sinclair lewis of Book I Mostly Remember Because of The Coincidence WRT the Band arrowsmith write a story of a young man rising through early 20th century medicine and science which includes a dramatic episode in a tropical island hit by an epidemic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowsmith_(novel)
apparently lewis refused the pulitzer prize for it bc he thought the prize's criteria were stupid bullshit, thats rad

the only historical wrestling podcasts i know of both require a paid subscription

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

well poo poo, sorry about that

it was you? you son of a bitch

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLg9PZWoHFQ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

i was the automation salesman who sold the doohickey that replaced your job doing that thing

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

exploding mummy posted:

the only historical wrestling podcasts i know of both require a paid subscription

thank you for your consideration

anybody know of any good free podcasts about cinema history, especially behind the scenes/business/interesting careers/intersections with politics and society at large/generally more than just 'i liked this movie because of [poo poo i didnt go to film school to not learn]'? i don't know poo poo about old timey movies but i know there's lots of great interesting stories out there. i just want a way to hook all the jeopardy questions about movies to some kind of interesting coherent narrative so my brain can remember them

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

logikv9 posted:

i was the automation salesman who sold the doohickey that replaced your job doing that thing

n0ice disruption :hf:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

oystertoadfish posted:

thank you for your consideration

anybody know of any good free podcasts about cinema history, especially behind the scenes/business/interesting careers/intersections with politics and society at large/generally more than just 'i liked this movie because of [poo poo i didnt go to film school to not learn]'? i don't know poo poo about old timey movies but i know there's lots of great interesting stories out there. i just want a way to hook all the jeopardy questions about movies to some kind of interesting coherent narrative so my brain can remember them

can't think of one but now i want to create it because most critics are very bad

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think ima listen to those revolutions ones tho

i love that he's going bolivarian, i read a book about it once and it was pretty drat interesting

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
it's very good

i really enjoyed the french revolution ones

bolshevik revolution is going to be awesome too but it's going to be a while yet me thinks

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
a battleship potemkin one would be good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress you Sheng-ji Yang for banning kissinger

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

imo that gimmick wasn't good

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

gently caress this loving heat gently caress
every time i lift my arm off the desk it sounds like a fat person getting waxed

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

if the shoe fits...

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

if the shoe fits...

yeah ok i need to lose a little weight but 190 at 6'2" only feels fat because i weighed 160 before i started working from home
gently caress this heeeeeat

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

gently caress you Sheng-ji Yang for banning kissinger

Kissinger was good, then you started posting with it out of character and it started being lame. imo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
first post out of character was caused by another unjust shinji probation
he has it out for me, searching up posts to probate me with

wish i didnt have to share a country with him, another BAD CANADIAN

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

oystertoadfish posted:

I don't know if this is quite what you're looking for, but I Was There Too is meant to be pretty good. Its remit is interviews with people who played tiny roles in famous films.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

aww i had a really good ban/probie reason for kissinger ready to go

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

i did not realize this subforum turned into lf a whole subforum discussing all kinds of politics with bros, lads, hell, even those inbetween, instead of just the elections

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Cephalocidal posted:

yeah ok i need to lose a little weight but 190 at 6'2" only feels fat because i weighed 160 before i started working from home
gently caress this heeeeeat

Sup, working from home buddy.

I'm 5' 11" and I got down to 160 but then almost back up to 180 and know I'm at 170.

I try to walk instead of drive as much as I can to keep from turning into a fat sack of crap.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hi friends and enemies

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

y0

i originally typed y9 but decided it might be a little too much of a deep cut as far as typo irony goes and corrected it. but i dunno

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the celebrity softball game ending and celebration was better than the real all-star game this year
https://twitter.com/BryanRAnderson/status/752708172318642178
and now there isnt any baseball until loving FRIDAY. i hate the all-star break, it's an uncomfortable memento mori in the middle of the not-lovely half of the year, the half when there's like eight baseball games on every day

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/753035502484348932

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/753114872007782400

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't get how people work out and weigh less than 200 pounds

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Some people are wiry. If you weigh 150 before you do any exercise probably some of that is fat. I dunno, I gained weight when I was lifting/running but never got over 180.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My ideal weight is probably something like 220 right now

I do crossfit like 5-6 times a week which makes me hungry af tho so weight loss has been p hard

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol crossfit

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

why are crossfit gyms always in old garages?

cuz they're full of tools, boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id like to put in a special request that all probations be postponed till after the rpeublican convention

• Locked thread