Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

So to put it shortly, he wasn't pushed out.

He overstayed his welcome is more like it. Way I read it at the time was that if he had accepted or realised that Toto was not your usual investor putting money into a team with a view to selling in a few years, and actually wanted to run it, with Brawn taking on a technical rather than Boss role then he may be still around in F1, albeit in more of a factory based role with less travelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That'd be fine if he just jetted over to another team, but I honestly think he just had enough jetting around. Any time I've heard him talk since he left mercedes he's expressed zero interest in resuming a role like a team boss or technical director, I doubt the organization of Mercedes had anything to do with it.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Farmland Park posted:

Interesting stat about Max.

”Verstappen took his third podium finish and second in a row. In the six races since he joined Red Bull he has scored 77 points, more than Raikkonen (63), Ricciardo (64), Vettel (65) and even Rosberg (68). Only Hamilton has scored more points in the last six races, taking 110.“

No doubt that Verstappen is a very handy driver, though Ricciardo would have picked up more points if RB hadn't screwed up his pit stops two races in a row. Also in this race, did Ricciardo come in for new tyres before the VSC and Verstappen during it? That would also have given Verstappen a place boost by effectively slowing down the field while he was stopped for tyres.

Not taking anything away from his defending against Rosberg, which was good fun to watch.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
Yeah, Ricciardo pitted during the initial flurry of pitting after the starting safety car came in, while Verstappen pitted under the VSC, and that accounted for basically the entire difference (~10 sec) between them. Pointing to this as Max showing Daniel to be a fraud is just your usual F1 thread nonsense.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

frankenbeans posted:

I'm not sure this will be enough, all the other engines have this already. By the time Honda get it working, the other teams will be working on other areas. Playing catchup might not be enough.

meh, it's not like mercedes will be making the same amount of progress every year. there was already an obviously smaller leap in engine performance between 2015 and 2016 vs 2014 and 2015.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

runoverbobby posted:

Do we get to pick a specific tree?

I'm not witty enough to make a racist joke here

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

wicka posted:

meh, it's not like mercedes will be making the same amount of progress every year. there was already an obviously smaller leap in engine performance between 2015 and 2016 vs 2014 and 2015.

The Mercedes engine is reportedly near 50% efficiency, so there simply isn't that much more power to be gained. Eventually, all of the engines will be putting out similar amounts of power and then we'll have a aero war again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Aero is still important which is why Red Bull are ahead of Ferrari currently.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'd argue we're already at in an aero war. I don't think there's much difference between any of engine aside from honda.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd argue we're already at in an aero war. I don't think there's much difference between any of engine aside from honda.

Until Mercedes turn their engine up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

Until Mercedes turn their engine up.

Don't worry. Nico's Post-its will fly off before he remembers what engine mode he needed.

Lewis is still problematic

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
More trouble for Nico :ohdear:

http://bit.ly/29AX2g6

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

1500quidporsche posted:

That'd be fine if he just jetted over to another team, but I honestly think he just had enough jetting around. Any time I've heard him talk since he left mercedes he's expressed zero interest in resuming a role like a team boss or technical director, I doubt the organization of Mercedes had anything to do with it.

I think he'd just had enough too, he helped win multiple world championships with multiple teams, and really had nothing left to prove. Why continue?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Red bull tried out the halo today and are saying they would not vote for it, FIA can force it though but it's to do with visibility. On the plus side in black on a near black car it does not look that bad at all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Red bull tried out the halo today and are saying they would not vote for it, FIA can force it though but it's to do with visibility. On the plus side in black on a near black car it does not look that bad at all.

one of the positives of the halo that we haven't discussed is that it was developed by ferrari. with the aeroscreen, you know red bull are going to squeeze all the aero advantage out of it they can. but you don't have to worry about that with ferrari.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I really didn't mind the Red Bull design that Are Dan tested a while back. They saying that one won't be chosen or?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Halo14 posted:

I really didn't mind the Red Bull design that Are Dan tested a while back. They saying that one won't be chosen or?

the FIA wants something done for 2017 and they don't think the aeroscreen can be approved by then, whereas the halo could be. the aeroscreen might live on in 2018 or they might just keep the halo until they do enclosed cockpits or something better. it probably depends on how the halo works in a race on 20+ cars.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i just dont trust redbull with it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah but the halo looks dumb

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The picture of Rosberg is amazing

Nico Rosberg, yesterday

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Imagine this with a front wing in a V and no dick nose and it really isn't that bad

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

quote:

the Mona-Germo-Finlandic driver
I like that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Imagine this with a front wing in a V and no dick nose and it really isn't that bad

2014 had dicks. These are clits.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Norns posted:

Dickshaming.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

These are clits.

I'm surprised you know what those look like

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm married with a kid dude. :cheers:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Norns posted:

That's disgusting you sick gently caress

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Was wondering who was going to take the low hanging fruit. Thanks hefe

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Norns posted:

Mods????

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Norns posted:

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be clear my wife is 33 and my daughter is 3. Before anyone tries to really report that. :)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Norns revealed he's married to a kid and now he's trying to backpedal out of it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat I didn't know norns was venezuelan too

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Norns posted:

The Halo is fine by me if it's renamed The Clit Ring.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis already has a halo because he's so #blessed.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't want to hear about your personal lives, thanks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Everyone's so loving friendly recently

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Must be all those hours you're putting in on the friendship simulator.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Must be all those hours you're putting in on the friendship simulator.

the forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

runoverbobby posted:

The Halo is fine by me if it's renamed The Clit Ring.

cock ring, surely

• Locked thread