Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Luke Evans Dracula film bombed harder than London in 1940 so I don't know if that series of films is still happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're actually filming the new Mummy movie, although it probably will completely ignore Dracula.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

They're actually filming the new Mummy movie, although it probably will completely ignore Dracula.

I'm not interested in any Mummy movie without Brendan Fraser.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Aren't GI Joe and Transformers supposed to be part of the same Cinematic Universe moving forward, as well?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

Aren't GI Joe and Transformers supposed to be part of the same Cinematic Universe moving forward, as well?

In addition to MASK, ROM and Micronauts.

I'm sure they will toss MLP in there somehow.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
All this talk of character crossovers and no one mentioned John Munch?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

All this talk of character crossovers and no one mentioned John Munch?

That's like hitting the center space in Bingo dude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Munch was never on more than one show simultaneously though. Just guest appearances, and Phantom Strangering his way through the universe.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Rhyno posted:

The Luke Evans Dracula film bombed harder than London in 1940 so I don't know if that series of films is still happening.

The new Mummy movie is going to have Dr. Jekyll in it, the Universal Monsters... Universe is still happening, the only question is if Dracula Untold is part of it, or still part of it or what. I seem to remember that it was supposed to be stand-alone, then they decided to go with the shared universe and it was the first movie of that, then it bombed and maybe now The Mummy is the new start of the franchise?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm surprised nobody's tried to reboot the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen yet. Imagine if they decided to retcon the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies into a shared universe with Count Dracula and Captain Nemo and so on.

Didn't they announce that they were doing a TV reboot of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? I want to say they said that was going to happen a while ago.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhyno posted:

I'm not interested in any Mummy movie without Brendan Fraser.
Or John Hannah or Oded Fehr

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This Mummy has Tom Cruise, right?

I hope the only thing that ties the universe together is that Tom Cruise just shows up in all of them by running through a scene and that's it.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember when SyFy tried to start up a shared universe between its original shows? It was going to be Warehouse 13, A Town Called Eureka and (I think) Alphas. All cancelled now. Alphas has a really frustrating cliffhanger but it's still one of my favourite "superhero" live-action shows.

Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas and Haven was planned IIRC. Only Eureka and Warehouse 13 really happend, which is good, since the other series were tonally so different that it wouldn't have fit anyway. Also, only Alphas was really cancelled (and before its time), the other series simply got old and were ended more or less with shortened seasons and planned endings.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Arthur's girlfriend in Warehouse 13 was actually in Alphas, playing the same character, but I don't think she mentioned the Warehouse. I always figured that Pete's vibes and Jinks' lie detection were mild Alpha abilities.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gently caress man, Alpha's was such a good loving show. Still probably the best "normal people suddenly have powers show I have ever seen"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I prefer The 4400. It also has an ending I found frustrating, but more because it was really clear where it could and probably would have gone in its fifth season and beyond if it had continued rather than because it was a particularly nasty cliffhanger.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Nothing can beat Misfits for me. I don't even gaf about the last 2 seasons drop in quality. Gilgun was great and I liked Kat. There was no replacing Simon/Alisha though.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Yeah, each really had their own stuff to love. I enjoyed Alphas but it felt like it straddled the line between "good" and "hokey" way too often. The 4400 had a really strong first season or two but I really didn't care much about the metaplot by the final season. Though I'll always love Jeffrey Combs.

Misfits was simultaneously the best and worst superhero poo poo ever. Alphas swung over that line but Misfits sprinted back and forth across it without a lot of middle ground.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
TV Flash news about Wally West, including promo pictures:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-flashs-wally-west-becomes-kid-flash-gets-his-own-costume-in-flashpoint

My opinion:

I wish they hadn't gone with the old yellow suit. I think it will confuse people and also I think it doesn't look that great. The New52 suit actually might have been better here.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ToastyPotato posted:

TV Flash news about Wally West, including promo pictures:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-flashs-wally-west-becomes-kid-flash-gets-his-own-costume-in-flashpoint

My opinion:

I wish they hadn't gone with the old yellow suit. I think it will confuse people and also I think it doesn't look that great. The New52 suit actually might have been better here.

That suit does not work with short hair.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

That suit does not work with short hair.

Yeah the open top is sorta pointless with that haircut, but it does help differentiate it from the Reverse Flash suit.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That's real silly looking

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Is Flash TV show Wally West N52 Wally West or just Wally West but black?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

None of the above but mostly New 52.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
According to Variety, Fox has replaced Hellfire with this:

quote:

The network has made a put pilot commitment for a new “X-Men” action-adventure series, hailing from writer Matt Nix, Variety has learned exclusively.

The untitled series will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television will co-produce the series with 20th handling physical production. Nix will serve as exec producer with Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, plus Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvel-fox-series-matt-nix-pilot-commmitment-1201812851/

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Hmm, Marvel might have some actual involvement with this one, since Loeb is quoted here, whereas only Fox people were quoted in the Hellfire/Legion PR, despite Marvel co-producing.

Also, a put pilot "commitment," despite what you'll find as a definition if you Google the term, is not actually a commitment at all. Plenty of put pilots never get actual pilot orders; I can only assume it's just a means for a network to get dibs on a show it might want on its upcoming schedule, and that the penalty fee is much less than the cost of actually producing a pilot.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I actually was one of the three people that liked No Ordinary Family, so maybe this will be good. Similar concept.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait you mean Fox passed on a sci-fi show full of women in skimpy outfits?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mortanis posted:

I actually was one of the three people that liked No Ordinary Family, so maybe this will be good. Similar concept.

You and me. Who was the other one?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Michael Chiklis?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Fox will show it out of order and it will be cancelled after six episodes to be replaced with the newest spin off of The Voice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I really enjoyed it. :(

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

It sounds better than the pitch for Hellfire but it's not hard to do better than that. The only excitement there is the potential more-than-nil Marvel involvement but I know that still doesn't mean "X-Men in the MCU" so :shrug:.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DrProsek posted:

It sounds better than the pitch for Hellfire but it's not hard to do better than that. The only excitement there is the potential more-than-nil Marvel involvement but I know that still doesn't mean "X-Men in the MCU" so :shrug:.

"Marvel" nowadays apparently means "any part of the company that Kevin Feige is not involved in".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Yeah the open top is sorta pointless with that haircut, but it does help differentiate it from the Reverse Flash suit.

He should have dreads or a luscious jheri curl to go with that mask.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Should put on the Ollie Queen island wig

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

Wait you mean Fox passed on a sci-fi show full of women in skimpy outfits?

Faster than just cancelling halfway through the first season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sci-fi sex house shows with mind control get 2 seasons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aphrodite posted:

Sci-fi sex house shows with mind control get 2 seasons.

Hey now, Sex House only got one season of ten episodes. And it was fantastic.

"Anyone else notice all the clocks are stopped?"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here have a Luke Cage poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know the provenance but there's a rumor going around that Matt Ryan could reprise his Constantine role this season on the CW shows. Also Batwoman and Oracle?