Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Xanderkish posted:

Y'all knew this was coming: Jill Stein shreds Sanders Clinton endorsement

[quote]On the same day Bernie Sanders officially endorsed Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination and declared she will make an "outstanding president," presumptive Green Party nominee Jill Stein was having none of it.

"If you don't want to vote for a war monger or racist billionaire, there are more options. The political revolution will keep going," Stein tweeted in the hour preceding Sanders' announcement alongside Clinton in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

In another tweet, Stein wrote, "While Trump praises dictators, Hillary takes their money. Remind us again of Saudi Arabia's human rights record?"

As Sanders began speaking, Stein offered her own hashtags to disaffected Bernie backers. "The revolution continues with those who will fight for a government that represents all of us--not just the 1%. #HillNo #JillYes," Stein wrote.

Stein has suggested she would step aside as the Green Party's standard bearer should Sanders wish to lead the ticket. "I've invited Bernie to sit down and explore collaboration," she told The Guardian in an interview published last Friday. "Everything is on the table. If he saw that you can't have a revolutionary campaign in a counter-revolutionary party, he'd be welcomed to the Green Party. He could lead the ticket and build a political movement."

"Many Berning hearts are breaking right now," Stein tweeted, with a broken-heart emoji. [quote]

Can't imagine why Bernie wouldn't be interested in joining with her. She even says he could be their candidate!

You know, I didn't know how much you could actively dislike a third party candidate who really doesn't matter, but holy poo poo is she out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gwb's thinning hair looks terrible. He needs to embrace the baldness and go way shorter.

And he's still a horrible public speaker. God I don't miss him

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/752928264696586241

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
I think he's drunk.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I had mildly positive feelings toward Jill Stein before this election and now I think of her as a craven opportunist who gives no shits about the good of the country, good job Greens

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
At least that was mercifully brief.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012
And that's it for Bush. Not too bad for him, but yeah sure don't miss him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

showbiz_liz posted:

I had mildly positive feelings toward Jill Stein before this election and now I think of her as a craven opportunist who gives no shits about the good of the country, good job Greens

this has been her mo from the start but normally she just fucks other Greens out of things, this is the first time she was dumb enough to do it to an adult party.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Xanderkish posted:

Y'all knew this was coming: Jill Stein shreds Sanders Clinton endorsement

Can't imagine why Bernie wouldn't be interested in joining with her. She even says he could be their candidate!

Nice meltdown

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Don't remember noticing Ted Cruz was so doughy. He would make a decent penguin for he next batman.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
If no one has heard this Chief talk yet it's pretty drat good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ted Cruz is going to be around a long time.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just started on Chapo Trap House and Keepin it 1600. Are their any back episodes that are particularly great?

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Grem posted:

Yup, he's good.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

whydirt posted:

Just started on Chapo Trap House and Keepin it 1600. Are their any back episodes that are particularly great?

The first few are gold. The reading series where they tear apart conservative Twitter wonks is awesome.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This is like when I would write a book report and just quote large chunks of the book.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ eahhh yeah sorta

Grem posted:

Agreed, but he tripped up a bit when he was talking about "chrilden" and I started giggling at my desk.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

"I'm glad I met Michelle first because she loves Stevie wonder. "

I'm gunna miss you Barack.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

Yeah me too. I actually voted for her in 2012. I was mad at Obama over the drone bombing campaigns, NSA stuff, not pushing for a public option, and Grand Bargaining. I live in a state where my presidential vote doesn't matter anyways, so I figured I might as well vote for a candidate who was pushing some more left-leaning economics, who was against bombing civilians in the Middle East, and who was pushing for a bunch of racial and social justice even when Obama had de-emphasized that. Her anti-nuclear and pro-homeopathy positions didn't really bug me because it didn't really seem central to her platform and she wasn't going to win anyways.

But boy has she lost my support this cycle.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Haha I'm the cop explaining the Stevie Wonder joke to my (e: Clancy Brown in Shawshank-lookin) buddy in the background.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Grem posted:

Can yours be this month's avatar, it is absolutely horrifying :stonk:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

showbiz_liz posted:

Welcome to the secret: third parties are just as lovely/opportunist (sometimes moreso) than major parties, they just don't have the power or the influence to really take advantage of it. And now we have Jill Stein using some of the same attacks Trump has used.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
In all the elections that Jill Stein has won, her cumulative vote total is 733.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

quote:

We don't have soldiers in our streets.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

I understand the sentiment, Mr. President, but not really the practicality.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jamesrhenson/status/752940347739693056

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Somebody's doing the raping.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Wait did he molest another kid? I thought already tried and convicted a while ago.

e: or am I confusing him for someone else?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

whydirt posted:

8 or 9 of Chapo they explain why they're so vicious to the D.C. elite, and it's a really good thesis for podcast itself.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Did this get posted?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-dylan-noble-body-camera-20160711-snap-story.html

Of course it's been posted as how #blacklivesmatter is full of black people who are racists and all that poo poo, but I hadn't heard of it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Only just been watching the Dallas funeral. How bad was GW's speech?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Did this get posted?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fresno-dylan-noble-body-camera-20160711-snap-story.html

Of course it's been posted as how #blacklivesmatter is full of black people who are racists and all that poo poo, but I hadn't heard of it.

Actually a bunch of BLM people like Deray and others have posted about it.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Xanderkish posted:

He suggests Bernie Sanders is performing a master decision by endorsing Clinton, waiting until she's indicted for something, then the movement restarts because he's cozeyed up to the DMC, so they would obviously all support him as the candidate for president.

Honestly they would have been a better surrogate for Bernie than Killer Mike.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Shageletic posted:

It was a very nice, well-written speech. But GWB is still a terrible speaker.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

No Butt Stuff posted:

Did this get posted?

Holy poo poo, the guy is already on the ground, shot once ALREADY on the ground, then a second officer decides to shoot the guy with a SHOTGUN.

Unfortunately it's not making Castile/Sterling waves yet, I sincerely hope it makes national media though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Super forgettable. I listened to the whole thing and don't remember anything from it except how much he's starting to resemble his father.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

axeil posted:

edit: Also those studies about fat people being unable to keep the weight off are a bit flawed as it focuses on people who temporarily changed their diet/exercise habits. For it to work long-term you need to make it a permanent change. source: lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for 6+ months.
Yeah, gently caress that, though. As a kid, I was trained to eat three-course dinners and empty out plates while at that, because that was the 'polite' thing to do (you shouldn't waste food, someone spent a lot of time preparing it, after all). As an adult, it took me *five years* of see-sawing to lose the 8 pounds I needed to get me down to a 23.8 BMI, 24% body fat, and a D cup. And if I as much as stop doing cardio for one week (which I normally do twice daily, so it takes me around an hour every day), I gain fat and water and swell up in no time. And don't get me started on the loving pre-menstrual water retention. And one of the first thing that swells are, of course, the breasts, and good luck exercising with a G weighing down your spine! And even at what is apparently 'fit', I still have 'horrible, unsightly' fat around my waist, which my 'kind' coworkers 'give me advice' how to lose.

So, a hearty gently caress you to fat shamers.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Goddamn it. I've said it before, but Obama keeps making these speeches where I can't help but thinking that what I would have said if I were giving that speech.

Our government is supposed to be representative and never before Obama have I ever felt represented. Sadly I think never again.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

axeil posted:

edit: Also those studies about fat people being unable to keep the weight off are a bit flawed as it focuses on people who temporarily changed their diet/exercise habits. For it to work long-term you need to make it a permanent change. source: lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for 6+ months.
I lost 70 pounds and kept it off for 2 years. Then I got unemployed and half came back and it's been climbing since. Permanent change is extremely difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

meristem posted:

Yeah, gently caress that, though. As a kid, I was trained to eat three-course dinners and empty out plates while at that, because that was the 'polite' thing to do (you shouldn't waste food, someone spent a lot of time preparing it, after all). As an adult, it took me *five years* of see-sawing to lose the 8 pounds I needed to get me down to a 23.8 BMI, 24% body fat, and a D cup. And if I as much as stop doing cardio for one week (which I normally do twice daily, so it takes me around an hour every day), I gain fat and water and swell up in no time. And don't get me started on the loving pre-menstrual water retention. And one of the first thing that swells are, of course, the breasts, and good luck exercising with a G weighing down your spine! And even at what is apparently 'fit', I still have 'horrible, unsightly' fat around my waist, which my 'kind' coworkers 'give me advice' how to lose.

So, a hearty gently caress you to fat shamers.

Cue "you're one of the good ones (because I might conceivably want to gently caress you)" from the GBS delegation.

This is the same issue over and over again, in all debates about social issues. This is the aptitude test for political conversations.

Q. Millions of people have a problem and you don't. Why is this?
1. They are affected by factors that I am not.
2. I am better than them.

All the 2s kindly gently caress back off to the howling hatepits of the internet.

• Locked thread