Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

hhhat posted:

Self-Destruct
Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

Jesus Christ

I hope that makes it into the next official update
I mean I love playing her already on KOTH maps. This would loving rule.

Make Overwatch great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Pretty substantial buffs to the characters that most need them.

D.Va defense matrix changes seem really good.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Will Ana be the character with the lowest occurence of :potg:? Someone like Zenyatta has more damage potential than she does (and the occasional mass heal through ultimates).

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

yes please

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Amazing symbolism in the the alien with the mask from the mass effect game skin, referring of course to the Mediterranean refugee crisis (aliens)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mierenneuker posted:

Will Ana be the character with the lowest occurence of :potg:? Someone Zenyatta has more damage potential than she does (and the occasional mass heal through ultimates).

sharpshooter

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

D.Va's new matrix should make her a lot more Reinhardtish when it comes to protecting the team, which is not the change I expected but I'm eager to see it in action.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Vermain posted:

Wasteland (1000)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Minrad posted:

sharpshooter

No headshots

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

strong bird posted:

No headshots

good thing it doesn't account for that

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

strong bird posted:

The alien from the mass effect game skin

Yeah that's got to be intended, right? It's 100% Tali.

EDIT: Or Tali and Legion had a baby

Mackers fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 12, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah both those 250 skins are easily in the top 5

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Amazing symbolism in having a skin for an Arab character be the literal Sand People from the Star Wars series of films

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

strong bird posted:

Amazing symbolism in having a skin for an Arab character be the literal Sand People from the Star Wars series of films

I'm surprised no one has made the connection before. Truly, George Lucas is a master of his craft.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
As someone who's only good at Dva and Lucio this is great.

The no headshot thing is interesting, makes more sense than the mercy enormous headshot hitbox. Also, as someone with bad aim it's nice that she fits into the whole focus on macro play/poaitioning over pure mechanics that most supports have, with a twist.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Get your Mass Effect references out of here. It's totally Star Wars

Literally the gun that Tusken Raiders use

strong bird
May 12, 2009

PureRok posted:

I'm surprised no one has made the connection before. Truly, George Lucas is a master of his craft.

Read again

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

Please press Z instead of doing this. The icon is very useful.

Yeah I always do that. Doesn't help with a really bad Mercy. I solo queue and I think often there are Mercys who are pocketing a friend and just refuse to move off him.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

OtspIII posted:

Yeah--this seems huge! Between this and the McCree range boost it looks like maybe I'll be able to pick McCree (who I like a lot more) as my Pharah counter from now on.

Yeah it's a pretty serious nerf to S76. I was just starting to get good with feathering and S76 can really drop people fast at range if you feather properly. Without that he's not nearly as enticing since he'll be able to damage Pharah enough to make her go heal but not enough to just shoot her down. I don't think the McCree buff brings him up to where S76 was so it'll be interesting to see if Pharah just got a whole lot better, again.

My hot take on Ana is that she looks like she'll be Mei tier, probably a bit worse than Mei.

Dren fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 12, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

one skin is tali from mass effect and a different one is tusken raider so it's both

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Good thing she's an Ancient Egyptian and not an Arab, otherwise it could easily be construed as a mite racist

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

it's like poetry, it rhymes

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

foutre posted:

As someone who's only good at Dva and Lucio this is great.

Yeah I've been wrecking fools with dva since launch, can't wait to see how much these buffs help.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

D.Va's new ultimate is absolutely terrifying and is the definition of a point clearer. If you have even a modicum of skill at lobbing it, you can easily take out 2-3 people at once.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dren posted:

Yeah it's a pretty serious nerf to S76. I was just starting to get good with feathering and S76 can really drop people fast at range if you feather properly. Without that he's not nearly as enticing since he'll be able to damage Pharah enough to make her go heal but not enough to just shoot her down. I don't think the McCree buff brings him up to where S76 was so it'll be interesting to see if Pharah just got a whole lot better, again.
I assumed the delay was very small and added only so you can't macro his M1 to keep perfect accuracy.

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Will Ana be the character with the lowest occurence of :potg:? Someone like Zenyatta has more damage potential than she does (and the occasional mass heal through ultimates).

Stimmed Reaper wipes enemy team. She gets credit.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
zenyatta gonna be legit dps now yo

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

I assumed the delay was very small and added only to not encourage people to macro his M1 to keep perfect accuracy.

Guess we'll have to wait for someone to fire up the PTR and check it out

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

zenyatta/ana sounds like a sick counter to the tanky burly ball of healing roadhog/mercy/soldier/lucio meta. mercy's damage boost helps too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i'm excited about d.va

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah I've been wrecking fools with dva since launch, can't wait to see how much these buffs help.

I mean the idea that I can eject and just start plinking away at the retreating enemies with the pistol

nnnngh :gizz:

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This new characters ability set seems pointless.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

flashman posted:

agreed

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

flashman posted:

:eyepop: The caul has been torn from my eyes!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Someone pointed out that a boosted McCree now does 210 damage on a headshot and actually has decent range.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
She can CC people and turn her own teammembers into killing machines, can deal aoe damage and healing (at the same time?) and can kill a reaper in 3 shots

is good

obviously her big weakness will be mobility...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I want to see a nano boosted Seagull dragonblade so hard right now.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
They didn't change anything about Mercy did they?

EDIT: poo poo, they did. Well the changes are merited.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 12, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

JackDarko posted:

Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

JackDarko posted:

Damage boost received a buff, she can move during ult animation, ult charge increased by 30%