Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's some gene for Corgi-ness that basically makes Corgi crosses turn out like that most of the time. I'm probably wildly oversimplifying, but it's something like that I think. Also Corgis and Corgi crosses are lovely. :3:

Aw, that's a lovely story. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I'm pretty sure that it's the dwarfism gene which dominates.

Our building has a lab/corgi mix named Steven and he's a grumpy old man and I love him.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
The aviary where I volunteer got some barn owls a couple of months ago. Two females and a male. The male was in a bird show, but they got rid of him because he was "food aggressive." They also said he couldn't fly. After passing quarantine, they were put in an exhibit. Cue the male going absolutely bonkers at feeding time, but the keepers noticed he wasn't really aggressive. He'd start calling and chirping if he heard you coming at feeding time. And the "flightless" bird would make short flights in his enclosure from his perching box to the stump we were feeding him on, beelining it for the mouse. For a couple of weeks they wouldn't let me in there due to concerns he might wig out.

Turns out the little guy just really digs his food. His previous handlers were idiots and would withhold feeding him when he wouldn't perform. He wouldn't perform because he was hungry and ignored commands to try and get food - a vicious cycle. Now that he's fed every day he's still pumped as gently caress to get fed, but he's not going batshit on people. In the interim I made enough hours to be allowed to do routines on my own, and so I get to feed him solo every Sunday. Yesterday I gave him his mousie, then went to put the remainder on the feeding rocks for the other two. I guess he thought I was going to take his supper away because he made a noise that sounded exactly like "Noooooooo!" I told him I didn't want his dinner back :3:

If I can manage feeding him with shooting video I'll post it up. The most excited sky cat.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

This is amazing:
https://www.facebook.com/705516686211670/videos/995189010577768/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

okay so how the gently caress do i get a living teddy bear?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

McDragon posted:

I'm sure I read somewhere that there's some gene for Corgi-ness that basically makes Corgi crosses turn out like that most of the time. I'm probably wildly oversimplifying, but it's something like that I think. Also Corgis and Corgi crosses are lovely. :3:

Are there any health issues with Corgis specifically? I think corgis and corgi cross breeds are adorable, but I want to know if the cross breeds are really unhealthy or something because of some issues with the way Corgis are built.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They are generally healthy since they were bred as working dogs. Their shape makes spine injuries a potential problem though

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/wCIWups.gifv

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Elfgames posted:

okay so how the gently caress do i get a living teddy bear?

Go out into the woods, take one from his mother, and enjoy the rest of your life.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

SinineSiil posted:

Little boy is consoling a French fan after their team lost a football match

What a kind little boy :3:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Rolo posted:

Go out into the woods, take one from his mother, and enjoy the rest of your life.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

I see a glaring flaw in this defense as the belly is partly unguarded and fully rubable.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is his shelf :colbert:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

only one pound?????? what a bargain I WILL HAVE HIM

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Are there any health issues with Corgis specifically? I think corgis and corgi cross breeds are adorable, but I want to know if the cross breeds are really unhealthy or something because of some issues with the way Corgis are built.

I've not really met many corgis that lived happily to old age. There are some problems associated with their structure, then some immune issues prevalent in the breed too. Super unfortunate, because they're cute as gently caress.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dirty-faced little one continues to develop energy and personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlOpr9dM7w

https://twitter.com/CatNamedNorris/status/752873742716563456

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I was in an obedience class with a corgi/ aussie shepard or cattledog mix. That dog was Trouuuuuuuuuble. Cute tho :3: Apparently that's why his owner's hadn't strangled him yet.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
This dog is still the best/funniest corgi mix I've ever seen.

:3:

PYF dogs with mismatching heads

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Every corgi I had met was super mean. We used to own one, also. She had spine problems the were exacerbated by her climbing stairs and was going blind. I'm sure the breed has more health issues.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Dewgy posted:

This dog is still the best/funniest corgi mix I've ever seen.

:3:

So far every corgi mix I've ever seen looks like a photoshop, including the ones I've seen IRL. All painfully adorable though.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

Every corgi I had met was super mean. We used to own one, also. She had spine problems the were exacerbated by her climbing stairs and was going blind. I'm sure the breed has more health issues.

I was always told Corgis were really smart and now you are telling me they are probably good judges of character too?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My grandma just told me a terrible pet story that nobody should ever tell someone because she has no social skills, please post cute kittens

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

CJacobs posted:

My grandma just told me a terrible pet story that nobody should ever tell someone because she has no social skills, please post cute kittens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdOQ6qtoQ4I

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

CJacobs posted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dewgy posted:

Pitbull-dachshund:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

I was in an obedience class with a corgi/ aussie shepard or cattledog mix. That dog was Trouuuuuuuuuble. Cute tho :3: Apparently that's why his owner's hadn't strangled him yet.

Anything mixed with a cattledog is like owning a raptor. A very healthy, adorable predatory dinosaur who will spend the first two years of its life chewing apart everything you love. My oldest will be 3 at the end of the summer though and the past year has been a LOT easier.

Last night she was annoyed by the sound of the air conditioning and became Extremely Grumpy unless she was covered in a blanket.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

Pitbull-dachshund:

That's actually unsettling

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Sorry I keep posting my own cats, but this is the picture that made me go "I want that one!".

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Electric Hobo posted:

Sorry I keep posting my own cats, but this is the picture that made me go "I want that one!".

All cats should have ear tufts as standard

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

CJacobs posted:

Not a kitten but still cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kAjlzYwzDE

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

Pitbull-dachshund:

What a ridiculous goddamn animal :kimchi:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Pitbull-dachshund:

This looks less like a dog and more like an otter put together by somebody who's never seen an otter before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just perspective or is that cat loving huge?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Is it just perspective or is that cat loving huge?

Perspective mostly, he's still a large Siamese though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDqID0Ck_I

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My Henry is a lot like Elvis. Has to be on me. Has to be talking to me. All of these things must increase in proportion to how important whatever I am doing is. I could never work from home without an office with a door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Geolicious posted:

My Henry is a lot like Elvis. Has to be on me. Has to be talking to me. All of these things must increase in proportion to how important whatever I am doing is. I could never work from home without an office with a door.

It's the Inverse Catte Law

The less you want to look at Catte, the more Catte must be directly in your line of sight.

e: this reminds me, does anyone else's cat have a powerful desire for you to be petting them as they eat? My male cat is adamant when I feed him that I remain and pet him while he eats, and if I remain in the area without petting him (his food is in the kitchen, this happens regularly) he will take a bite of food and then come bodycheck my legs until he finishes chewing, at which point he goes to get another mouthful and repeat the process. If I pet him while he eats, he purrs so loud I worry he'll choke.

ChickenWing has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Jul 12, 2016