Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What's sad is that Hillary really is starting to look like my Grandma. Like my grandma did in the 90s, but still more and more like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Eschers Basement posted:

Thanks, all - spent the weekend screaming in the mall and now the gang tag works!

See, you can become the change you want in the world!

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
I'd like to buckle up to perma, buckaroos.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Eschers Basement posted:

Thanks, all - spent the weekend screaming in the mall and now the gang tag works!

A proud moment for us all!

:thumbsup:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
God bless America

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DemeaninDemon posted:

God bless America

i think u mean hail satan

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

i think u mean hail satan

Same thing.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I love my satan america

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah sorry, missed that. You're in the queue now.

Thanks, Cap.

Also can we laugh about how the GOP is doubling down on gay marriage in their platform? Because much like every scandal they dredge up about our abuela, they keep going back to fights they lost years ago.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

legoman727 posted:

Thanks, Cap.

Also can we laugh about how the GOP is doubling down on gay marriage in their platform? Because much like every scandal they dredge up about our abuela, they keep going back to fights they lost years ago.
Oh god, they're not just doubling down, there's some legitimately heinous stuff in there:

Epic High Five posted:

Now that the RNC platform is being released and it's beyond the pale and unprecedented in terms of horror and an official endorsement of the violent enforcement of straight white supremacy (removes any mention of Palestinians at all, officially endorses conversion rape/suicide camps), I look forward to this argument dying as a way for Paulites to convince themselves that a vote for Trump would be identical to one for Clinton

FAUXTON posted:

Calling conversion therapy camps "suicide/rape camps" isn't a charitable term but it sure as hell isn't hyperbole. The GOP endorsed their use as a matter of "parent choice" in de-gaying their children.

Overall we rate this comment mostly true.

Epic High Five posted:

And yeah that is exactly what those camps are. They just adopted a resolution to agree that ISIS does not target LGBT people as well. Looks like the evangelicals are forcing them to come back home after making tepid outreach attempts post-Pulse
I can't even think of a pithy comment, this poo poo is just loving gross. Conversion "therapy" literally destroys lives, and ISIL's publicly thrown gay people off of buildings on multiple occasions in multiple cities. The Evangelical wing is thrashing as hard as they can against progress, they're not dead yet.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why the Evangelical Christians still need to be catered to? It seems like they have less power and I am sure there are many gays that the FYGM policy will appeal to.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

fits my needs posted:

I don't know why the Evangelical Christians still need to be catered to? It seems like they have less power and I am sure there are many gays that the FYGM policy will appeal to.

The running theory is they don't vote unless the gop constantly sucks them off.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

The running theory is they don't vote unless the gop constantly sucks them off.

It's this.

They pretty much got W elected and so think they're "owed" for it.

e: this deserves to be here

A Winner is Jew has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Jul 11, 2016

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

Mi abuela beberia vodka.

Lol! :golfclap:

A Winner is Jew posted:

Single malt right?

None of that blended poo poo.

But of course. :golfclap:

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

They just adopted a resolution to agree that ISIS does not target LGBT people as well. Looks like the evangelicals are forcing them to come back home after making tepid outreach attempts post-Pulse

The outreach that amounted to telling LGBT people that the Democrats were too PC to protect them from the murderous Muslim hordes? They've given up on that angle already? drat shame.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want Hillary's cabinet to be all-women. Or maybe a guy can have some token dipshit role. That'd be great.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

fits my needs posted:

The gay community in general is so traumatized from decades of Republican hatred that it'll take more than just removing the hate from the platform to get them to go GOP. Granted, that's a good first step, but it'd take active support for gay rights (under an "equal opportunity, marriage is the heart of family values and we support all americans being able to form families" sort of reasoning I guess) plus at least a generation to get gay voters on the side of the Republicans. In all likelihood, most LGBT people, myself included, who came of age and political consciousness in the current political era are completely at odds with the Republican Party for the foreseeable future.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fits my needs posted:

They are the ground game for the Republican GOTV movement.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

fits my needs posted:

The GOP is the party of cowardly assholes.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fits my needs posted:

They're REALLY loud. Also naturally very organized and good at following orders.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Peztopiary posted:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I am glad that Bernie endorsed Hillary and that the Democrats will come together. As much as incremental progress is basically a constant feeling of low-grade disappointment that rarely hits at the big, structural needs at least it's something, and the progressive sentiments stirred up by Bernie have a better chance of affecting change within the Democratic party than they do out of it (and especially if the Republicans win).

The disaster of Trumpism and the fractious chaos of the Republican party is probably a better example of what happens when zealous ideologues pull a party apart, and hopefully their coming defeat will be a general setback for their cause actually achieving their goals even if the hardcore just get even more riled up and thrash around even harder.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Peztopiary posted:

Hottest take of the thread.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dolash posted:

I am glad that Bernie endorsed Hillary and that the Democrats will come together. As much as incremental progress is basically a constant feeling of low-grade disappointment that rarely hits at the big, structural needs at least it's something, and the progressive sentiments stirred up by Bernie have a better chance of affecting change within the Democratic party than they do out of it (and especially if the Republicans win).

The disaster of Trumpism and the fractious chaos of the Republican party is probably a better example of what happens when zealous ideologues pull a party apart, and hopefully their coming defeat will be a general setback for their cause actually achieving their goals even if the hardcore just get even more riled up and thrash around even harder.

Check out the HA Goodman Twitter. It's hilariously delusional.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I don't understand what this means.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

punk rebel ecks posted:

its a markov generated think piece headline

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

a man farting angrily into his own face while screaming 'BERNIE SANDERS' into his rear end

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This is phenomenal

https://twitter.com/GoodmanPredicts/status/752965166829043712

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Dolash posted:

This is exactly how I feel about it.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

😂😂😂

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A+

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

saving this for november 9

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Know what, gently caress it, in before Trump's decision to make Ivanka his VP / in before the convention.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Know what, gently caress it, in before Trump's decision to make Ivanka his VP / in before the convention.
Oh good, he hasn't decided yet. gently caress if I'm going to read through 1000+ pages of the trump thread for the one tweet that breaks it all open.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/753682686535954432

Clinton supporters, known for their previous apathy towards the environment

I will say, I am impressed this person at least attempted to use a dogwhistle. Most are just openly ranting about unintelligent females voting for a wicked harpy identity politics.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jonked posted:

Oh good, he hasn't decided yet. gently caress if I'm going to read through 1000+ pages of the trump thread for the one tweet that breaks it all open.

You're really missing out, because there have been a string of tweets that have broken it all open.

First Indiana leaked that Pence was totally the guy. Then Fox news canceled Newt's contract. Then several sources leaked that it was totally Pence. Then more sources leaked that Pence was only a maybe. Then even more tweets leaked that the Trump offspring cabal was split on Pence. One of the sons dropped a tweet that Ivanka should be the VP. Then people started retweeting Pence's anti-Trump tweets and Trump canceled the whole event tomorrow because of Nice.

So we're at a point where Newt could be unemployed, Pence could be out of the run for Indiana Governor, and then neither of them get the nod because Trump's very good brain decided to suddenly flip the script again. Chris Christie is also still standing in a corner with Trump's McDonald's order, trying to decide if sneaking a few fries keeps him from being VP or if he's not going to get it anyway.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
What a loving dumpster fire.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Gyges posted:

You're really missing out, because there have been a string of tweets that have broken it all open.

First Indiana leaked that Pence was totally the guy. Then Fox news canceled Newt's contract. Then several sources leaked that it was totally Pence. Then more sources leaked that Pence was only a maybe. Then even more tweets leaked that the Trump offspring cabal was split on Pence. One of the sons dropped a tweet that Ivanka should be the VP. Then people started retweeting Pence's anti-Trump tweets and Trump canceled the whole event tomorrow because of Nice.

So we're at a point where Newt could be unemployed, Pence could be out of the run for Indiana Governor, and then neither of them get the nod because Trump's very good brain decided to suddenly flip the script again. Chris Christie is also still standing in a corner with Trump's McDonald's order, trying to decide if sneaking a few fries keeps him from being VP or if he's not going to get it anyway.

surprised no ones made a trump version of the 'I posted it again :D' yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Check out the HA Goodman Twitter. It's hilariously delusional.

my fave is when he posts the same thing a half dozen times in a row

• Locked thread