Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
final fantasy 6-2

it's a phone game where basically you're playing as edgar roni figaro on tinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Lightning Returns was good but a little tame to say we don't need another Valkyrie Profile.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What do you shorten Heisenberg to for his cute nickname?

Heisey? Bergy?

Heisen-chan and Bergu-kun, they are twins, and also have cat ears.

It also just hit me how close FF15 actually is, mainly because I was looking at whether I should buy #FE and realizing wait no FF15 is coming. I just finished Bravely Second and I bought that in like April, JRPGs take me a while.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Put all your games on steam. I want front mission 3 with x4 time skip.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zedprime posted:

Lightning Returns was good but a little tame to say we don't need another Valkyrie Profile.

There was an interview with someone director or producer from TriAce saying that after SO5 they've got some ideas for a new VP game, and they already made a pseudo successor in the form of Exist Archive (it was kinda booty though).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

The White Dragon posted:

final fantasy 6-2

it's a phone game where basically you're playing as edgar roni figaro on tinder

Would

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

That exists and has a fan translation tho

is it good

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Killing Vector posted:

Dewprism/Threads of Fate 2

This is everything I want, forever.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
SaGa Frontier 3.
Do it, Squenix.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Killing Vector posted:

Dewprism/Threads of Fate 2

The long-awaited sequel!

Didn't the ending really suggest one was coming? Always thought it was weird that Musashi got one.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I would say the only extra SaGa we should ever ask for is modernizing Final Fantasy Legends 1 or 2, but I could only imagine what they would work in to make it properly dick kicking like the rest of the SaGas.

Unless they do SaGa Frontier 2 in the Last Remnant gameplay systems.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm sure a second Parasite Eve revival couldn't possibly go worse than the first one

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

zedprime posted:

I would say the only extra SaGa we should ever ask for is modernizing Final Fantasy Legends 1 or 2, but I could only imagine what they would work in to make it properly dick kicking like the rest of the SaGas.

Unless they do SaGa Frontier 2 in the Last Remnant gameplay systems.

SaGa is getting a vita game and had those FFL remakes on DS don't get greedy.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

I'm sure a second Parasite Eve revival couldn't possibly go worse than the first one

In used to love PE1 and liked PE2 just fine, but never played PE3 because I always had people tell me not to bother. I'm curious though, what all was wrong with it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fingers McLongDong posted:

In used to love PE1 and liked PE2 just fine, but never played PE3 because I always had people tell me not to bother. I'm curious though, what all was wrong with it?

It has a plot that shits all over the originals, creepy fanservice, tedious mission design, thoroughly average combat and almost no redeeming features beyond good graphics for a PSP game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Have you ever played Metroid Other M?

Well then congrats, you've then played a game with a better written female protagonist and a more coherent story that stays farther in line with prior games in the series than the Third Birthday.

Also did you like Mindjack and would like it better with a lock on that trivializes all gameplay or rerolling abilities for demons in the SMT games? You now have better shooting and RPG gameplay than the Third Birthday.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

A sequel to the Soul Blazer / Illusion of Gaia / Terranigma series.

Also while I'm on Quintet nostalgia, ActRaiser 3.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Nate RFB posted:

It's not the same genre but can I wish/hope for a Star Tropics 3 while we're doing this

God, I wish. But barring the series getting a sudden surge in popularity, we'll never see it. Maybe if Mike Jones appeared in a Smash Bros game. Even then it'd be a long shot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you want to read how bad Third Birthday is, Dark Id Just finished a great LP of it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773967

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please use trigger warnings or something before you start talking about 3rd Birthday or Other M. Jesus Christ common decency people.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Didn't the ending really suggest one was coming? Always thought it was weird that Musashi got one.

I always thought it suggested there could be one in the sense that there was a whole world to explore outside of Carona, but it was one of those "neverending adventure"-type epilogues too, so. Also yeah Musashi got a "sequel," but it honestly felt more like a reboot or something.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I thought Third Birthday was the middle part of the Final Fantasy X-2 -> Lightning Returns trilogy?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I want a Xenogears remake but only if all the old staff were brought in so that is to say, I guess I don't want a Xenogears remake. I guess companies can work together theoretically, though? Still never gonna happen but it seems about as likely as all these other ideas.

Or as long as we are wishing upon a star, Xenogears Episode IV.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I want a Xenogears remake but only if all the old staff were brought in so that is to say, I guess I don't want a Xenogears remake. I guess companies can work together theoretically, though? Still never gonna happen but it seems about as likely as all these other ideas.

Sorry, I believe you'll find the canonical Xenogears series is Super Robot Wars. :colbert:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NikkolasKing posted:

Can this happen, but somehow Reyd and Shulk are party members?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rirse posted:

Can this happen, but somehow Reyd and Shulk are party members?

Yes. It's definitely Reyn time.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
I'd love for there to be a remake of Legend of Dragoon from the ground up, hth

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lay on Hands posted:

I'd love for there to be a remake of Legend of Dragoon from the ground up, hth

Same but that's not a Square-enix joint.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

zedprime posted:

Speaking of, I wonder how a sequel to LR would be like.

Lightning Returns Again: She Forgot A Few Things

There's still just one outfit with Mediguard.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I could go for a re-release of Vagrant Story with acceptable loading times. And/or a sequel with Ashley actually being the titular vagrant, hunting down followers of the dark and the jerks in the VKP who hosed with his brain. Bonus points if he's still wearing his trademark assless pants in glorious HD.

Also Parasite Eve is on PSN but not for PS4? :( That is some bullcrap. PS4/PC port, please.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vanrushal posted:

Bonus points if he's still wearing his trademark assless pants in glorious HD.

never happen, he dumped those when he became a shirtless leather daddy

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I've got a question about the NES version of FF1

My team composition is Knight, Master, and Black and White Wizards. The Knight has Excalibur, the Master is of course using his fists, and the Wizards never physically attack. So the only party member to put the Masamune on would be the Knight.

Does the extra attack power of the Masamune outweigh all the other benefits Excalibur has, or should I just skip it? Do the other strengths of the Excalibur even work, or were they programmed wrong like half the things in this game?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Excalibur is bugged in the NES version like every weapon that has elemental or enemy type bonuses.

Whether to give the Masamune to the Knight or one of the Wizards is really a matter of preference. Excalibur is still easily the second best weapon without those properties, and giving a Wizard the Masamune will enable them to inflict visible damage with physical attacks without spending spells. At the same time, you're right that it's not exactly a huge boon on them either.

It makes very little difference.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I'm glad no one is bringing up Chrono Trigger since we all know Square Enix would die before it touched the property again.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Alright, thanks. I'll think about whether I want to give a Wizard some physical attack strength or just stick it on the Knight.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'm glad no one is bringing up Chrono Trigger since we all know Square Enix would die before it touched the property again.

How much more terrible bonus content that adds links between it and Chrono Cross do you people want???

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I want them to make a sequel to Chrono Trigger that's entirely mountains that you have to climb up and down 15 times each

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only reason why there's no new chrono trigger game is because no one gives a poo poo there about it

Square's process is basically taking requests at this point

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chrono Trigger was a creative work from a team who is not going to get back together to make another game and frankly probably wouldn't be able to make a CT-caliber game if they did. Who exactly do you want to make a Chrono Trigger sequel and what would it involved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I want a Chrono Trigger sequel but I don't want the one we'd get.