Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Jedah posted:

I never really considered it before, but an Evil Bulma would pose a real problem for the Dragonball cast. Especially if Vegeta became her personal henchman.

That's exactly what happened in GT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I avoided GT my whole life up til now and after 17 years of reading spoilers I figured I'd watch it. I"m only as far as when Trunks dresses in drag in order to drug a fish and this show is everything I wanted it to be. What initially pushed it was hearing there's not only a Super Android 17 saga but that it's only 7 episodes, but now what I really can't wait for is Evil Bulma.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I avoided GT my whole life up til now and after 17 years of reading spoilers I figured I'd watch it. I"m only as far as when Trunks dresses in drag in order to drug a fish and this show is everything I wanted it to be. What initially pushed it was hearing there's not only a Super Android 17 saga but that it's only 7 episodes, but now what I really can't wait for is Evil Bulma.

It's a lot more "meh" than I think you're expecting.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I love that Bulma is still the smartest person in the room in Super. So many other things have been sidelined by Goku & Vegeta's Excellent Training Montage, but you can't do that Bulma.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crabtree posted:

Uh, obviously they're going to use it and then the Time Patrol shows up and says "Stop or we will Blue Tornado".

gently caress, i cant beat that

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Enjoy your Blutz Wavez

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Actually, Bulma is an alien

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I don't get the joke.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

I don't get the joke.

Is it that she's off model?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Shards of Fate posted:

That's exactly what happened in GT

Well, Vegeta and Bulma were possessed by Baby at the time, but yeah, you're right.

I just like the idea of an Bulma destroying everything and tanking damage in a Magetta-inspired Ironman suit. She could even bribe the Gods with delicious Earth food in order to avoid their intervention.
Send Vegeta off to deal with Goku, and she can handle the rest of the cast with relative ease. Goku and friends would be doomed.

But Bulma is a pretty nice person so that'll never happen.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 12, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is it that she's off model?

Probably, but it's so consistent in Super that it all just seems normal to me now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jedah posted:

Well, Vegeta and Bulma were possessed by Baby at the time, but yeah, you're right.

I just like the idea of an Bulma destroying everything and tanking damage in a Magetta-inspired Ironman suit. She could even bribe the Gods with delicious Earth food in order to avoid their intervention.
Send Vegeta off to deal with Goku, and she can handle the rest of the cast with relative ease. Goku and friends would be doomed.

But Bulma is a pretty nice person so that'll never happen.

Enter Arale.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So that's the real reason Vegeta ended up with her. Kindered spirits.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

I love that Bulma is still the smartest person in the room in Super. So many other things have been sidelined by Goku & Vegeta's Excellent Training Montage, but you can't do that Bulma.

Technically Pilaf is just as much of a genius as Bulma, hes just chronically broke after Goku smashed his castle. He makes Dragon Radars and robots just as well as Bulma, on a shoestring budget. I bet he could help Bulma repair the time machine, but they might not want his help if he outs himself.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Pilaf's a technical genius, he just has literally zero common sense.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure they know who Pilaf is at this point, it's just that nobody cares

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

I'm pretty sure they know who Pilaf is at this point, it's just that nobody cares

Bulma is basically providing extensive super villain welfare at this point. It's a good investment, better to have the likes of Emperor Pilaf and Majin Buu (and even uulong :v:) chilling at your compound enjoying the good life, rather than out scheming to try and steal food or molest people (or in the case of Buu, both).

Edit: I recently rewatched episode 50. Funny detail: when Bulma searches frantically for Cells time machine she pulls a bunch of junk out of a drawer and throws it on the floor in a panic. What does Bulma keep in her junk drawer? A clock, a pencil, a can of soda, a cup ramen, and.....a Tec-9 Machine Gun :v:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 12, 2016

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Happens in just about every scene in her office, she has a gun laying around or being thrown somewhere.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I look forward to Bulma somehow casually threatening Lord Zeno

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 12, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What the gently caress is Pilaf even supposed to be? A human? An alien? A Garlic?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Spiritus Nox posted:

What the gently caress is Pilaf even supposed to be? A human? An alien? A Garlic?

Well, he's supposed to be the ruler of the earth.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

If he anything like the similar looking creatures over in Chrono Trigger (also designed by Toriyama, then he probably a imp.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Slightly Absurd posted:

I look forward to Bulma somehow casually threatening Lord Zeno

This leads to Bulma getting erased and replaced with Black Bulma, the next villain.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

If he anything like the similar looking creatures over in Chrono Trigger (also designed by Toriyama, then he probably a imp.

Chrono Trigger is basically just Dragonball anyway. Chrono = Goku, Lucca = Bulma, Magus = Piccilo, Robo = Gohan, etc

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Next arc is a Cell saga retread, but it's a bio-android made by Evil Bulma instead of Gero.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rutibex posted:

Chrono Trigger is basically just Dragonball anyway. Chrono = Goku, Lucca = Bulma, Magus = Piccilo, Robo = Gohan, etc

No, they're all actually Vegeta.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Pyroi posted:

This leads to Bulma getting erased and replaced with Black Bulma, the next villain.

No way. Bulma would bust out her Zeno-eraser and blahblahblah

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

he's just an ethnic minority you bigot.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

he's just an ethnic minority you bigot.

Look I'm just saying that blue people with pointy ears seem to have a natural inclination to world domination, that's all

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
So seriously, does Bulma know the three kids chillin at her compound are the first Big Villains she encountered with Goku, but just kids now? I can't imagine she HASN'T figured it out, but yeah decided making friends with them was better than not.

Oh yeah... I wonder what will happen if/when Bulma finds out they contributed to Frieza's revival.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Them helping Frieza was probably for the better, since we saw what happened the last time Frieza tried to find the Dragonballs without a radar.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lupus Rufus posted:

So seriously, does Bulma know the three kids chillin at her compound are the first Big Villains she encountered with Goku, but just kids now? I can't imagine she HASN'T figured it out, but yeah decided making friends with them was better than not.

I imagine that she hasn't given a poo poo to actually think about who those people even were back then.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bulma has one, possibly two children, with a dude who unrepentantly killed thousands of sentient beings and obsessively trains to be stronger so that he can kill ever tougher people so I'm pretty sure "attempted world domination" is pretty minor in so far as personality traits she'll overlook.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Bulma has one, possibly two children, with a dude who unrepentantly killed thousands of sentient beings and obsessively trains to be stronger so that he can kill ever tougher people so I'm pretty sure "attempted world domination" is pretty minor in so far as personality traits she'll overlook.

Billions of sentient beings if you count the filler episodes. Though honestly shse friends with Buu, and he has the highest body count in the universe. Beerus might be higher, I don't know if Beerus is older than Buu.

Oolong is a serial pedophile, Yamcha is a road bandit, TIen is an assassin, Piccolo is a demon, etc. The entire team is full of people that normal society should have put on trial and sent to the electric chair long ago.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mr. Buu's body count isn't that high.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Piccolo is a demon,

Racist

In Dragonball Oolong's actually younger than the girls he kidnapped.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Ninth Layer posted:

Mr. Buu's body count isn't that high.

Because he turned most of them into candy and ate them?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

Bulma is basically providing extensive super villain welfare at this point. It's a good investment, better to have the likes of Emperor Pilaf and Majin Buu (and even uulong :v:) chilling at your compound enjoying the good life, rather than out scheming to try and steal food or molest people (or in the case of Buu, both).

Edit: I recently rewatched episode 50. Funny detail: when Bulma searches frantically for Cells time machine she pulls a bunch of junk out of a drawer and throws it on the floor in a panic. What does Bulma keep in her junk drawer? A clock, a pencil, a can of soda, a cup ramen, and.....a Tec-9 Machine Gun :v:

Of all the damned things to debate in a Dragonball Z thread, and my extremely limited knowledge of weaponry ( Mostly from old school Counter-Strike ) that is not a Tec 9:

But rather a MP5:

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the resemblance is uncanny.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zore posted:

Because he turned most of them into candy and ate them?

super buu proves that those people are dead as hell since everyone he ate ended up in the afterlife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Of all the damned things to debate in a Dragonball Z thread, and my extremely limited knowledge of weaponry ( Mostly from old school Counter-Strike ) that is not a Tec 9:

But rather a MP5:

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the resemblance is uncanny.

It does not matter: both are useless in the world of DBZ.

• Locked thread