Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Pick 'em: League Championship Series
Pick Winner, Number of Games (Best of Seven), Score of Final Game

Smasher League Championship Series
The Ultimate Confrontation of Good vs. Evil!
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. Portland Panderers in 6, 4-3

Dynamo League Championship Series
MACHINE vs. Masked Shortstop: The Final Chapter
Mitchell Kernels vs. Sindhi Sheikhs in 7 5-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Beet
CFBalla
ForeverBWFC
Pander

I know you know what I'm going to ask you.

Do you accept the challenge?

The W's Accept

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Rotation:
SP1: George Bradley
SP2: Ed Walsh
SP3: Jim McCormick
SP4: Robin Roberts
Mop-up: Pete Alexander

Keep the bullpen and line-ups the same.

The Macho Men Challenge....I'm not sure how to answer this. I've said yes every single time the offer has come up, including with this team. And that's the root of the issue. This team has died by the hands of the Macho Men. The Masked Shortstop is marked. Regardless of the outcome of these playoffs, he will join them (as he rightly should). That's why it feels weird to be saying yes to the Macho Men Challenge for the final time.

As for the series coming up, it really could not have been written any better way, at least for me. Any significant turning point in my SL history has had some connection to Beet, both minor and major. Since I've made the decision to focus on my studies and not try to create a new team from scratch, this could potentially be my last series as a SL owner as well. Regardless of the outcome, I have a lot to thank him for, and I wish him luck as he continues taking part in the Super League.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Kobe Crows would like to announce the signing of CFBalla as the new Team Doctor

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

CFBalla posted:

The Macho Men Challenge....I'm not sure how to answer this. I've said yes every single time the offer has come up, including with this team. And that's the root of the issue. This team has died by the hands of the Macho Men. The Masked Shortstop is marked. Regardless of the outcome of these playoffs, he will join them (as he rightly should). That's why it feels weird to be saying yes to the Macho Men Challenge for the final time.

Actually, I've been wondering about this - if the Kernels do win the finals and then once again lose to the Macho Men, do the Macho Men get to claim a second player? Or does the challenge simply not take place, since the Macho Men Challenge takes place after the finals, and therefore is technically in the offseason, meaning that the Kernels' protection from death that the tag team titles gave them officially expires, as does the team?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

ForeverBWFC posted:

The W's Accept

Well, if you had to beat me, I'm glad you accepted the challenge. I would have in your place.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pick 'em: The Gauntlet, Round 3
Pick TWO!

Achewood Stoned Lightning
Dusty Baker's Base Cloggers

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Per the request of kensei, and as is his right as the winner of the EC, I have undertaken an unholy experiment in player creation, the consequences of which may destroy this league, and all who love it.

Years ago, when the league began, the question was asked.

C. Everett Koop, probably posted:

Smasher,

A-Rod not good? Why this be? Make A-Rod good for team so that he not bad baseball make.

Need good A-Rod, it make head feel warm-bad, and I do not like warm-bad feeling!

Please, help with bad times!

For over five years, and nineteen seasons, I have resisted the call to action on this matter, believing that, though I do at times tamper with the laws of man and nature, that there are some limits that even I should not break.

But kensei has asked, and, with a great deal of effort, I will create what he has asked of me.

I will create the AndROiD.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I hope there's a lot of emphasis on the roid part

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I am Yaya and I think it's very cool and good when Something Awful double posts

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

But kensei has asked, and, with a great deal of effort, I will create what he has asked of me.

I will create the AndROiD.

:getin:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ForeverBWFC posted:

The W's Accept

Gah, of all the chances you had to finally accept destiny, NOW is the time? How am I supposed to root for you to lose in the SLCS when I've been wanting to see the Ws go up against the macho men for quite a while now...

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Part man, part horse, part machine.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

FairGame posted:

Part man, part horse, part machine.

We shall call him the Manabolic Centauroid.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Okay, I'm simming the LCSes now, so if you haven't gotten your lineup changes in, it's too late.

That said, remember, the finals require teams to have both DH and no-DH lineups.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Oops. Kinda busy here in Japan, didn't get to it yet. Shoot.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Sounds more like you're in Brazil

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm too busy to write anything here. It already took way too long to set up all these rosters. So here's your post.

Team Statistics

Is this the final deletion of CaptainYesterday?

I knew there were going to be problems with your bullpen when Rheal Cormier didn't even load into the game for some reason. But I didn't expect this!

Things were going so great, but then you had a bit of a skid at the end. Why? Must have been when you drafted Darren Wilson.

I was wondering if Dusty was going to lose even 10 games in this round. And then you went out and beat them! That has to be a great sign.

Pick 'em: The Gauntlet, Round 4
Pick TWO!

Kozmic Space Fish
Omaha Forgettables
Your Dad's Beer League Team

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, poo poo.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Go dusty go I believe in you

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The Luke Appling: Center Fielder experiment has failed.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yaya posted:

Luke Appling at CF won't be the worst thing, Robin Yount transitioned to CF from SS.

Fred Lynn in SS though...:getin:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

The Mines died because Ichiro was bad. As the Ichiro goes, so does Centralia.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Yaya posted:

Hmm. That's weird. The defensive alignment doesn't match the posted roster. Of course, there was no posted roster, so I guess that means everything is fine.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Lets make Smokey Joe SP1 and Cy young SP2

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You could say that the Mines bullpen was a real fire burning under a city that has never gone out

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Pick TWO!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Pick 'em: League Championship Series
Pick Winner, Number of Games (Best of Seven), Score of Final Game

Smasher League Championship Series

South Bolton Eazy W's 6 games, 10-7

Dynamo League Championship Series
Mitchell Kernels 7 games, 3-0

Pick TWO!

Kozmic Space Fish

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Pick TWO!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Pick TWO!

Same here. Let it ride!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pick TWO!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

A cornered SpaceFish is more dangerous than a jackal!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

FairGame posted:

A cornered SpaceFish is more dangerous than a jackal!

Wouldn't it be hard to corner a spacefish? I mean, they're in space. It's hard to corner things in space.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TheMcD posted:

The Mines died because Ichiro was bad. As the Ichiro goes, so does Centralia.

Sadly true.

It was nice knowing you, Mines, in that it was horrible knowing you and I never had any particular idea of why you could sometimes be good and other times be bad. You were a bad team, but to be fair, I am a bad owner. :rip:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
This is the round of the Gauntlet where poo poo gets very real.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Pick'em

Beer League
Space Fish

Clangbang
Jun 3, 2016
Forgettables
Space Fish

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Are the Dragons still needed for the Gauntlet Round 6? If so, I'll need to confirm their roster.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Milt Thompson posted:

Are the Dragons still needed for the Gauntlet Round 6? If so, I'll need to confirm their roster.

Ask Cthulhu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Jenseits von Gut und Bose: W's and Panderers
A Super-League Board Game

Game Rules and Instructions

Dear Leagueineers,

Before you invite your fellow gamers over, we suggest that you read over these "Game Rules", and study the box score illustrations. This will not take long, the actual rules are quite short, and mostly ad hoc.

Now you are ready for your first Manichaean battle of destiny in the Super-League! Have fun deciding the ultimate fate of good and evil in the league!

-Smasher Dynamo

Game Rules

Game Components

The Eazy W's represent the forces of good in the Super-League, and are based around chaining together huge run production rolls, even though they usually will start out a given series a bit slow because of the field effects of the Pander Dome, which will cut down on their run production scores. They tend to rely on come-from-behind wins, and blowouts.

The W's have the following tokens:

-1 Cy Young
-1 Pete Alexander
-1 Wanderlei Bolton
-2 Steve Carltons
-1 Eri Yoshida
-5 Relievers (Assorted)
-1 Babe Ruth
-1 Carlos Beltran
-1 Al Simmons
-1 Adam Dunn (there can only ever be one Adam Dunn)
-1 Lou Whitaker
-1 John Olerud
-1 Scott Rolen
-1 Cal Ripken
-1 Ed Delahanty
-1 St. Mark Bellhorn
-2 Catchers (Assorted)
-2 Bench Fodder

The Panderers represent villainy in its most villainous form. They are bad dudes. They rely more on card and field effects than on the quality of their players. To that end, they will always play more games in their stadium than in the Coliseum should the series go to a full seven games. They also have card effects that allow them to steal close games.

The Panderers have the following tokens:

-1 Clayton Kershaw
-1 Cole Hamels
-1 Jack Powell
-1 Warren Spahn
-2 SP/RP Swing Fodder
-1 The Kimbrel
-1 Padres Relievers Fun Pack
-1 Eddie Collins
-13 Generic Contact Hitters (Assorted)

Constructing the Stadiums

When constructing the parks to represent the Panderdome and the Coliseum, remember that each stadium has its own profile. The Panderdome should be excessively large and cavernous, a place that, in real life, would be a terrible place to watch a game of baseball, or even to exist in. Also remember that the turf in that stadium should not just be artificial, but aggressively artifical. A good rule of thumb would be to imagine a player sliding across the field wearing shorts. If they would not suffer horrible friction burns as the result of the slide, then the turf is not artificial enough.

The Coliseum, on the other hand, should generally lack a right field almost entirely. If possible, put the foul pole marker just a few feet behind first base. In general, if a player needs to take more than ten steps between the infield and the right field wall, then you have assembled the Coliseum incorrectly. Also, keep in mind, the Coliseum is located in Bolton, a suburb of Manchester. (Note: Many people from England will claim that Bolton is not a suburb of Manchester. Like many places in England, they have found it hard to reconcile modern urban sprawls with the towns and villages of centuries past. They can be safely ignored.) Make sure to model that the fanbase is dangerous and has access to both knives and fish and chips, which, from a heart health perspective, is far more dangerous than a knife.

Setting up the Game

You and your opponent must decide who will be the Panderers, and who will be the W's. Remember, the Panderers' player must be relentlessly committed to destroying the hopes and dreams of all who oppose him for fleeting personal rewards. If at all possible, please have your soul extracted before playing as the Panderers, in order to be a better, more accurate representative of the Panderers' tradition.

After choosing who will play each side, take nine position player tokens, and arrange them into a lineup. Then, take four starting position player tokens, and arrange them into a rotation. Take the remaining pitcher tokens, and put them into the bullpen pool. Take the remaining position player tokens, and put them in the bench pool.

Advanced Player Note

If you are using the optional platoon rule, you may make a second lineup to face left-handed pitchers. In that case, any position player tokens not in your lineup in a given game as a result of the platoon rule will be in your bench pool.

The W's player will then draw five "Magic of the W's" cards, which he may keep and play at the appropriate time. The Panderers player will draw two "Pander's Game Hacks" cards. Each player keeps these cards hidden from the other player until they are played.

Starting a series

A series is composed of four or more games. Before each game, determine where the game will be played, whether it will be at the Pander Dome or in the Coliseum, each of which provide different field effects.

Games 1, 2, 6, 7 - Pander Dome
Games 3, 4, 5 - Coliseum

Turn Overview

The Panderers start at home. On your turn, you can do the following in the order listed:

-You must roll for run production (the result applies to both players)
-You may roll for run prevention
-You may play a card (Magic of the W's/Pander's Game Hacks)
-You may use a token in the bullpen or bench pools, but each token can only be used once a game.

The Turn in Detail

1. Run Production

You begin your turn by moving the next token in your lineup to the "at-bat" hex. Each token has a certain type of dice to use its contact, power and patience rolls. These types can vary from a d4 to a d20, and are listed on associated card for that token. Roll each of these dice, and add the values together. This sum represents the runs produced by that player. For carry-over production, check the accompanying table:

Table 1-1 Carry Over Runs
Sum is...
0-10 - No carryover bonus, add 1 out
11-20 - +5 Bonus to next batter's rolls
21-30 - +10 Bonus to next batter's rolls
31-40 - +15 Bonus to next batter's rolls
41+ - Add an additional +5 Bonus for each additional ten runs production points

Continue going down the lineup and rolling until you have amassed three outs.

2. Run Prevention

Roll the run prevention dice listed on the card associated with the token of the pitcher currently on the pitcher's mound space, making sure to use the adjustments both for fatigue points, as well as any other modifications that need be made based on the handedness bonuses or penalties both for the pitcher and hitter.

Add fielding modifiers from each position player in the lineup except the DH. These values are listed on the player cards.

Compare the run prevention roll with the run production roll, and then consult the following table.

Table 2-1 Run Production/Prevention Table

Run Production - Run Prevention sum is
Less than Zero - No runs score, pitcher does not gain a fatigue point
0-10 - No runs score, pitcher gains one fatigue point
11-20 - No runs score, pitcher gains two fatigue points
21-30 - 1 runs score, pitcher gains two fatigue points
31-40 - 2 runs score, pitcher gains three fatigue points
41-50 - 3 runs score, pitcher gains three fatigue points
51-60 - 4 runs score, pitcher gains four fatigue points
61-70 - 5 runs score, pitcher gains four fatigue points
71+ - Add an additional run for each additional ten points in difference, add an additional fatigue point for each additional twenty points in difference, pitcher must take a meltdown check

Table 2-2 Meltdown Check Table
Roll a 4d20, and add the pitcher's resilience bonus/malus to each die against a check of 15.
4 successes - Pitcher takes no additional fatigue points
3 successes - Pitcher takes 5 additional fatigue points
2 successes - Pitcher takes 10 additional fatigue points
1 success - Pitcher takes 15 additional fatigue points
0 successes - Go to Crisis Point table

Table 2-3 Crisis Point Check Table
Make a d20 roll against an unmodified check of 15.
Sucess - Pitcher must be removed from game, game continues
Failure - Game immediately ends

Advanced Player Note

You may choose to play with in-inning bullpen moves. If so, use the following rules.

At any time, prior to, or during, the run production phase, the defending player may announce that he has a pitcher in the bullpen. After one token has made its run production roll, the defending player may put in a token from the bullpen to the pitcher's mound. Make a note of when this occurs.

During the run prevention phase, the defending player may add one-half of the run prevention roll of the reliever token to the run prevention roll of the pitcher that started the inning. The second bullpen token used would add one-quarter of its run prevention roll, and so on.

3. Play a Card

Cards can be played before games, and also during games. If played during games, they must be played after run prevention, but before substutions are made.

4. Substitutions

In this phase, a player may move a token from his bullpen to the pitcher's spot, or a token from the bench pool into the lineup. Any pitcher or position player moved out of the lineup or pitcher's spot in this manner are removed from the game.

Advanced Player Note

A player is technically allowed to move a pitcher to a lineup spot, putting the position player in the pitcher's spot, and then bringing in a pitcher from the bullpen pool to replace the position player in the pitcher's spot, and then, after one run production roll has been made, move the pitcher in the position player spot back to the pitcher's spot.

But, come on, man, don't do that, it's not really all that helpful.

Ending the Series

The Series ends when a team has won four games. As a result, the maximum number of games in a series is seven.

Sample Game

Two friends decide that they're going to play themselves a series. ForeverB chooses to play the W's, while Panda plays the evil Panderers. They both set up their stadiums, lineups, and rotations, and are ready to play. Each draws some cards from their decks, and are ready to start!

Game 1: South Bolton Eazy W's @ Portland Panderers (Series Tied 0-0)

Before the first game begins, Panda decides to play the Sinister Power card, giving his team a buff to run prevention rolls for the first two games of the series, as both will be started by left-handed pitchers. He also plays the Ancestral Recall card, allowing him to draw three more cards. One of those cards is another Ancestral Recall card, allowing him to draw three more cards.

As the result of the bonus, ForeverB just can't get much in the way of positive run production scores. Fortunately for him, Panda doesn't have much better luck. You'll find that, in most games, the Panderers' player has a lot more success keeping the number of runs down than he does of actually scoring runs himself, as that was a game design decision. Notice how, in this game, despite getting 24 Ks, the Panderers still struggled to win.

With the game deadlocked, and having a card advantage, Panda decides to play the Marginal Victories card in the 14th inning, causing the game to end immediately with a Panderers victory.

Game 2: South Bolton Eazy W's @ Portland Panderers (PAN Leads 1-0)

Frustrated with the previous game, ForeverB plays the Knuckle Princess card before Game Two, ensuring that Yoshida won't give up any more runs. That does cancel out the Panderers' good run production roll in the eighth inning, but because of the continued effect of the Sinister Power card from Game One, the W's fail on all but one of their own Run Production rolls, meaning that, in the ninth, the Panderers have a 3-1 lead.

Panda, sensing an opportunity, plays Comes the Kimbrel, forcing the game to immediately end. Because he had the lead at the time, that means that he won. Note that, because of the rules being what they are, the only way for a W's player to win after Comes the Kimnrel card is played is through a fast-effect run-producing card that allows for runs to be scored outside of the normal turn sequence. No such card exists in the basic edition of the game, but future expansions may change that.

Panda, having won the first two games, is feeling pretty confident, even though the Sinister Power card has now worn off, as well as ForeverB still have four more cards in his hand.

Game 3: Portland Panderers @ South Bolton Eazy W's (PAN Leads 2-0)

Facing a 2-0 game deficit, ForeverB takes advantage of Panda having slotted Jack Powell third in his rotation. That means that Powell is scheduled to pitch at the Coliseum, which means that it's true that the Panderers have a right-handed pitcher in their pitcher slot, and are in the Coliseum, allowing him to play Day of the Dunn. Day of the Dunn is one of the most powerful effects in the game, but can only be played under very specific circumstances, which normally allow the Panderers' players to avoid it. In this case, however, Panda managed to walk right into a trap. The resulting bonus to run production rolls allows ForeverB to easily win the game, and dash any hopes that Panda may have had of an early sweep.

Note that, because ForeverB was starting Wanderlei Bolton, he could have used the Axe Murderbot card, if he had it in his hand at the time. Of course, with the Day of the Dunn card in play, turning the game into a coinflip would not have made a lot of sense. It's always helpful to consider how card effects interact with each other. Sometimes, they will be synergestic. Other times, like Day of the Dunn and the Axe Murderbot, they could essentially cancel each other out.

Game 4: Portland Panderers @ South Bolton Eazy W's (PAN Leads 2-1)

With both sides settling into a potentially long series, both decide to conserve cards, and neither play any in this game.

With the field effect of the Coliseum, the W's get a big boost to their run production numbers, and are able to easily break the Panderers apart in this game. No doubt that Panda wishes he had a card that could eliminate those bonuses. Unfortunately, no such card exists, as the field effects, at least as of the basic edition, cannot be modified.

That said, Panda still has hope. Remember that the Panderers' player always starts with home-field advantage. That means that he can always count on being able to finish the series in the Pander Dome assuming that he wins his first two games. Given that most of the Pander's Game Hacks cards are designed to further boost his advantages at home, and that the Panderers' player has a full hand of cards to begin the series, he's very likely to do just that. The W's player, on the other hand, typically has to weather an early storm from the Panderers' player before regaining his footing in the Coliseum. Looking at the Magic of the W's deck, it's clear that the W's player is geared to improbable, come from behind victories, and tends to gain strength because of card effects as the series goes on.

Of course, just because that tends to be the general arc of series played under this system, that does not mean that every series you play will fit into that pattern. After all, if a Pander player doesn't get an Ancestral Recall card, he might run out of cards early, and lose one or both of the first two games, which the Panderers' would find it hard to recover from. The W's, on the other hand, might not get the cards they need to start a comeback, and might get swept if the Panderers can hold down their run production rolls, and win close games with Marginal Victories and Comes the Kimbrel cards. No two series will ever be the same.

Game 5: Portland Panderers @ South Bolton Eazy W's (Series Tied 2-2)

Feeling the series getting away from him, Panda decides to play another Sinister Power to try and get the W's run production back down to levels low enough that he can stay competitive. That does the trick, as the W's run production crashes from what it had been in the previous two games.

Late in the game, though, Panda gets unlucky. The W's have a 4-3 lead in the eighth. If Panda had a Marginal Victories card in his hand, he could instantly win the game, as that card allows the Panderers' player to win the game as long as the teams are within two runs of each other, regardless of which team is actually ahead. In this case, even though the W's have produced more runs, the Panderers would still win if Panda had played Marginal Victories. Unfortunately, Panda doesn't have that card in his hand at the moment, having only a Comes the Kimbrel card, which only works if the Panderers are leading.

Irritated, Panda lashes out, using mentholmoose's Bane to remove Scott Rolen from the W's lineup. Rolen had been bugging him all series long. Unfortunately, that impulsive move will cost him, as ForeverB immediately plays Sound the Bellhorn in response, moving St. Bellhorn into the lineup, and giving the W's a bonus to run prevention and run production rolls. With those bonuses in effect, the Panderers don't have much chance of coming back at all, and lose the game.

Game 6: South Bolton Eazy W's @ Portland Panderers (SLA Leads 3-2)

At match point, ForeverB plays The Eternal Team, which gives his team a further bonus to its rolls. Panda is now in real trouble.

His only saving grace is that, between the field effects of the Pander Dome, as well as the effects of Sinister Power, still in effect from the previous game, the W's, even with their bonuses aren't going to be able to score many runs themsevles. The problem is that, with all of the bonuses that are in effect for the W's, the Panderers' aren't going to be able to beat many run production tests themselves. In the end, the Panderers' last real chance of scoring runs manages to run itself right into the effects of the Knuckle Princess played before Game Two, nullifying any runs they could have scored in the eighth inning. The W's then finish out the game, which wins them the series.

The series over, the players shake hands, each admitting that the outcome was decided more due to the poor design choices of the Super-League rather than the skill of the players involved.

Appendix: Cards

Magic of the W's Cards

Sound the Bellhorn!

This card may only be played if one of your starting infielders has been removed due to injury.

Move St. Bellhorn into your starting lineup.

Add a +2 Bonus to all run prevention/run production rolls.

The darkness grows in the West, the great villain of our age lurks, ready to consume us all. Mayhap he shall succeed, but if he does so, it certainly shall not before I have spent the last of mine lifeblood in defiance. -St. Mark Bellhorn

Day of the Dunn

This card may only be played if the Panderers have chosen to start a right-handed pitcher in the Coliseum.

Add a +10,000 bonus to the power die when rolling for run production.

My dingers come, my will be Dunn. -Adam Dunn

Knuckle-Princess

This card may only be used once per game.

Remove the Yoshida token from the bullpen pool for the rest of the game.

All runs produced by the Panderers this turn are nullified.

Return this card to your hand for the next game.

I'm probably pretty sure that I know what I'm doing this time. Probably. But I have a good feeling about it! -Eri Yoshida

Black Jack Attack

This card may only be used if Jack McDowell is in your rotation.

The W's cannot lose the current game.

What can I say, I got guile and a great forkball, what else could a man ask for? -Jack McDowell

Impossible Dream

This card may only be played if the W's are losing the series.

Add a +5 bonus to all rolls until the W's are no longer losing the series.

Why not us? I mean, why not us again, I suppose. -ForeverBWFC

The Axe-Murderbot

This card may only be used if Wanderlei Bolton is in the rotation

Flip a coin, and having the Panderers' player call it in the air. If he wins, the Panderers win the game. If he loses, the W's win the game.

SYSTEM ERROR! -Wanderlei Bolton

The Cylexander Connection

This card may only be used if Cy Young and Pete Alexander are in your rotation.

Add a +2 bonus to run prevention rolls.

It worked for the Macho Men, didn't it? -ForeverBWFC

The Eternal Team

This card may only be played if the W's are facing match point.

Add a +1 bonus to all rolls.

If the Panderers' player wins the match point regardless, begin a new series, disregarding the outcome of the previous series. This one really counts.

I've learned a lot in my time in the Super-League. Not from the Super-League so much, mind you, it's more that it's been going on so long that I've had a chance to experience quite a bit of life. Gained perspective and all that. I recommend it to everyone. -ForeverBWFC

Pander's Game Hacks

Change of Plans

Move one player from the bullpen pool to the rotation OR move one player from the bench pool to the lineup.

On further consideration, while my initial strategy was sound, certain externalities, foisted on me by Smasher, most likely, require me to make a slight alteration for the plan. Rest assured, victory will still be mine. -Pander

Legion of the Unknown

If a player gets injured, you may sacrifice a token from the bullpen or bench pool, as appropriate, to keep him in the lineup or rotation.

Most owners operate their teams like antique clockwork devices, with dozens of interlocking parts and gears that all need to work together to produce the right result. Of course, if just one cog fails, the entire device breaks down. I, of course, choose to use a dozen cogs of the same type, and have plenty of spares, just in case. In reality, interchangeable parts were a development of the 19th century. In Super-League time, I'm sure that some of you will figure it out by, I don't know, Super-League XL.

Comes the Kimbrel

This card may only be played in the Kimbrel is in your bullpen pool, and the Panderers are leading the game by three runs or less in the eighth inning or later.

The game ends immediately.

Yes, let's all just punt on our bullpens, and then wonder why we seem to lose so many close games. What a fine idea! And you all wonder why it is that I outperform my Pythag every season. -Pander

Marginal Victories

This card may only be played if one team has a lead of two or fewer runs in the eighth inning or later.

The game ends immediately, with a Panderers victory.

If I win by one run, or a hundred, I still win. -Pander

Ancestral Recall

Draw three cares from the Pander's Game Hacks deck.

Hey, it's not on the Restricted List in this game! -Pander

Sinister Power

If the Panderers start a left-handed pitcher, add a +3 bonus to run prevention.

This effect lasts for two games.

Just because you have all failed to get something out of Clayton Kershaw doesn't mean I can't. He is a great pitcher of his age. Of course, what I'd really like is a Chris Sale to call my own... -Pander

mentholmoose's Bane

Remove a token from the W's player's lineup.

Your team is a bit on the fragile side, isn't it? -Pander