Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I had to use normal sausage to make dinner with because someone else used the italian sausage in something else, and it just doesn't taste right :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Mu Zeta posted:

Also, Baja California is in Mexico

Is this a thing most people don't know?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Noctone posted:

Is this a thing most people don't know?

Non Americans like myself had no clue.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
No. I made it a point to just not go anywhere near there despite being a tech person. I live in pittsburgh (well near pittsburgh more like) and have to take 376. It gums up every day. I've seriously sat still for 10 minutes before. But they can't widen it to deal with the horrendous traffic because it has a tunnel and it wouldn't help. Wheeeeee!

But I can't take the bus because it would take even freaking longer. At least the job bought me a parking pass for the ramp next door. Those run like $180 a month.

More fwp: the job market for my chosen career is best in places I just plain don't want to live.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i'll be honest guys, some of this poo poo sounds decidedly 2nd world.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
What is a 2nd world country? Like Australia where it's cool but everything is loving trying to kill you?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Against my better judgement I agreed to a 12 shift.

The power just went out and took the AC with it. There's two hours still to go of my shift.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think it's places like China where they are wealthy but you don't have basic rights.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
It's hard to get used to the touch pad on my macbook because I'm so used to the old clicky pads so usually I click instead of touching and it irritates me because I feel old.

I love the swipe to go back a page on it and the iphone but I also forget to use it and instead use the back button.

:corsair:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jul 9, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My model of cellphone isn't compatible with Pokemon Go :negative: and I can't justify replacing it with one that is because it still works as great as the day I got it. Not even so much as a cracked screen.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II is basically all I've ever wanted in a video game, but it crashes constantly and totally disrupts my tyrannical, inbred flow. It autosaves at the start of every year, so I don't lose much when it crashes, but because the game is so randomized, things can go very differently when you reload.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Jul 9, 2016

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i've been wanting to buy a 2nd battery for my portable vacuum but frys has the whole vacuum for cheaper than a 2nd battery would cost so now i have 2 vacuums but only need 1

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My model of cellphone isn't compatible with Pokemon Go :negative: and I can't justify replacing it with one that is because it still works as great as the day I got it. Not even so much as a cracked screen.

Saaaaaaaaaame (although mine at least has a cracked screen). drat you, Microsoft! :argh:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

FordPRefectLL posted:

i've been wanting to buy a 2nd battery for my portable vacuum but frys has the whole vacuum for cheaper than a 2nd battery would cost so now i have 2 vacuums but only need 1

This is precisely how I've ended up with a surplus of cordless power tools.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Cowslips Warren posted:

What is a 2nd world country? Like Australia where it's cool but everything is loving trying to kill you?

:eng101: 1st World originally referred to the capitalist & democratic West during the Cold War, whilst 2nd World was the Communist bloc, and 3rd World was everyone else. These days the meanings have changed but I don't think 2nd World gets used anymore.

FWP: I got a degree that taught me that kind of poo poo and you wouldn't believe how useless it is in real life :eng99:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister Adequate posted:

:eng101: 1st World originally referred to the capitalist & democratic West during the Cold War, whilst 2nd World was the Communist bloc, and 3rd World was everyone else. These days the meanings have changed but I don't think 2nd World gets used anymore.

FWP: I got a degree that taught me that kind of poo poo and you wouldn't believe how useless it is in real life :eng99:

Most of the 2nd world are 1st world now.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm going to a Music Festival this weekend for 3 days and got VIP tickets, the weather will be suboptimal as the temperature will crash from 30°C to about 18-20°C with rain. I really dread it now even though I can go home in the evening and sleep in my own bed as it's just a half hour away.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Crow Jane posted:

The Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II is basically all I've ever wanted in a video game, but it crashes constantly and totally disrupts my tyrannical, inbred flow. It autosaves at the start of every year, so I don't lose much when it crashes, but because the game is so randomized, things can go very differently when you reload.

you can set it to autosave monthly

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Haha, my central a/c broke just in time for the hottest week of the year, so far! This is gonna be great until a service guy can come and fix it. :smithicide:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Grillfiend posted:

you can set it to autosave monthly

Huh. Somehow despite three+ years of playing the game, I never knew that or even thought to check. I am my own first world problem.

Another one: the ginger beer I like only seems to come in two liter bottles, and I don't drink enough soda to finish them before it goes flat.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Crow Jane posted:

Another one: the ginger beer I like only seems to come in two liter bottles, and I don't drink enough soda to finish them before it goes flat.

buy a fizz-keeper then

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I made gazpacho yesterday and I'm already halfway through the batch, and I really want some more but I really don't feel like making another batch. I could simply make a bigger batch, but gazpacho's only good when it's freshly made (or nearly so), so if I make a bigger batch it would last for several days and be icky by the time I get to eat the last of it.

Also I went for a run last night but Pokémon Go didn't recognize I was moving so I hatched no eggs :qq:

MY LIFE IS SO HARD :saddowns:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I went on a two hour walk on Sunday with Pokemon GO then rearranged my bedroom and now I'm sore as poo poo because I pulled a bunch of muscles, especially around my crotch/groin.
But I want to go walk again to join a gym nearby that's my team :cry:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

queserasera posted:

I have cleaning I need to do at home but there's nothing to do besides cleaning at work for the rest of the night and gently caress if I'm doing one then the other tonight.

I work at a restaurant. Pretty much my entire job is cleaning up after people. My apartment looks like poo poo, but the tables at work are immaculate.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My daily commute sucks. If I avoid rush hour traffic it isn't so bad but it can potentially take a freaking hour. It's ten miles. Some people can probably run that in an hour.

Mocking Bird posted:

Do you live in the Bay Area too

Because I'm sitting essentially parked on the bay bridge

gently caress

I live in the Bay Area. I avoid the commute by living in a poo poo apartment on the same block as my place of employment.

Also, I went back to my poo poo job. Tonight was my first shift in over a week. I'm kind of wondering why I bothered to go back, but if I quit I'd have to go out and look for another job.

:smithicide:

Smam
Jul 31, 2003

Smam has a new favorite as of 22:46 on May 8, 2019

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The turkey pot pie I got at one grocery store is smaller, but has more calories than the same one, same brand, same price, than the one at the other grocery store :psyduck: also I feel really stupid buying a TV dinner when I could have cooked this myself.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Jul 12, 2016

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The gym I wanted to join got turned by Valor before I could get to it, and their Beedril wrecked my team :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
It seems like everyone in the world is losing their minds about this new pokemon game and I don't really care about it so I feel like I'm being left out and worry that I look like a jerk to my friends by not getting in on the craze but I just am not interested :geno:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know too many people that are delighted to tell you that "I don't have time for a silly children's game" but will happily watch 6 hours of TV a day.
It makes me want to punch them in the teeth.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
My afternoons are free after 2 years of 15+ hours work days every day, and now I want to do a lot of stuff and I can't. I have to choose between seeing friends, doing crafts, being home or do sports. I want to do all of those!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I drank too much last night and now my screen is just a blur :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I make so much more money now than I used to that I'm just constantly confused. I make more per paycheck then I used to in two months. I'm so accustomed to panicking over money that I don't know how to behave now. My life just suddenly became comfortable and I still have no idea what to do with that. I can pay my rent ahead of time instead of freaking out and deciding what not to pay on time every month. It's unfamiliar, strange territory.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I make so much more money now than I used to that I'm just constantly confused. I make more per paycheck then I used to in two months. I'm so accustomed to panicking over money that I don't know how to behave now. My life just suddenly became comfortable and I still have no idea what to do with that. I can pay my rent ahead of time instead of freaking out and deciding what not to pay on time every month. It's unfamiliar, strange territory.

If its really brand new spend some of it on dumb poo poo that would have given you a panic attack a few months ago. Like $200 headphones or an occulus rift or a really nice coat or a pricey lounge chair. Heck i love lists.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

bring back old gbs posted:

If its really brand new spend some of it on dumb poo poo that would have given you a panic attack a few months ago. Like $200 headphones or an occulus rift or a really nice coat or a pricey lounge chair. Heck i love lists.

Well I have some debts to pay off and need to stock up on my emergency money and what have you before I make major purchases like that. I have, however, been eating out more often and drinking some good beer. First big purchases will probably be art supplies and getting my musical instruments fixed.

Granted the other side of it is that I just plain don't have expensive tastes; I also realized that with a few more years' experience I could be making way, way more (I'm a software developer now :v: ) and realize that I'd have no idea what the gently caress to do with $100,000 a year. The nice lady that I date (it's complicated) also doesn't have expensive tastes so I can't ask her for help blowing it either though I guess we could set up a ceramic studio somewhere and make pots? I don't know.

It mystifies me that some people can make $200,000 a year and still be broke all the time. What the hell do they do with it?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They bought a house and had kids.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My job is so boring that it's making me a little depressed.

Edit: but I'm a piece of poo poo without a degree so getting a better job seems unlikely.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Same. I got a really nice (and unexpected) pay rise recently and as I'm so used to living within my current budget, I'm now not sure what to do with the extra. Do I try to save more or do I go buy myself a fancy suit and pointy shoes?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
loving Facebook, just let me loving read my loving messages from mobile without loving forcing me to install loving Messenger, gently caress :argh:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why they can't integrate the messenger function into the main app is beyond me, but maybe that's why I'm not a mobile app developer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mikl posted:

loving Facebook, just let me loving read my loving messages from mobile without loving forcing me to install loving Messenger, gently caress :argh:

It's annoying to do, but if you tell your bowser to open the website as if it were desktop, you can get your messages.

I have one Facebook tab permanently opened in desktop mode so I can reply to messages, because I'm not installing a loving information stealing app so I can reply to the one message a week I get. (seriously, why do people who have my phone # use Facebook chat?)