Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kellerman is definitely capable of generating hot takes with the best of them (his transition to LakersChainGuy.gif literally the second he got a show in LA was awe inspiring) but he might be too self aware to work on they show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

DJExile posted:

The ceremony itself starts at 7PM Eastern Time (8:00PM BRT), guessing they want to delay it an hour for west coast audiences.

It is more likely they just wanted to add more commercials.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I figured they wanted to avoid any potential live air catastrophes, like a security guard executing another jaguar on camera or some such. Kind of like the pillar in the last Canadian Winter Olympics opening ceremony failing to function, only with more killing of endangered species and what have you.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Delaying it an hour might give them time to finish building the stadium.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Like the image of the black hooded terrorist became the enduring image of Munich, Rio will be a dead jaguar drifting down a half finished open sewer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They should be looking at this as a opportunity. I'm way more inclined to watch the dumb rich person horse events if they include the possibility of someone being mauled by a wild cat.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

They should be looking at this as a opportunity. I'm way more inclined to watch the dumb rich person horse events if they include the possibility of someone being mauled by a wild cat.

I'm still a little pissed that the Barcelona games didn't have the Running of the Bulls as a medal competition.

They could have had World Cup level ratings.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Honestly the best thing that ever would happen from a ratings perspective would be for an on air murder to happen. I'm guessing it's more a "what countries can we safely take a commercial during" thing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Honestly the best thing that ever would happen from a ratings perspective would be for an on air murder to happen. I'm guessing it's more a "what countries can we safely take a commercial during" thing.

you're literally advocating for The Running Man

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

R.D. Mangles posted:

You say that like its a bad thing? I'd pay premium if Dynamo were introduced to the steeplechase.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm not advocating it, just being realistic.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

It definitely would be a balancing act. You'd probably have to show at least the top 15-20 big countries going through the course or they'd get pissy, but at the same time you don't really want to broadcast Ivan Ivanovich getting gored with a bull horn going right through the Russian flag on his front.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The Super Bowl is the highest rated program each year so checks out.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'd watch Rollerball right now

Also, if they're going to keep making movies I've already seen, I'd be down for The Running Man with Ryan Seacrest as the bad guy.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Goff happens to also be the only one at the Score who knows anything about basketball.

I remember listening to Bernstein tell us all how Thibodeau was a cancer in the Bulls organization and how ridding them of it and bringing in offensive guru Fred Hoiberg would turn things around. I know he's just sticking up for his buddy Paxson but it's funny watching him flail away at scapegoats.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Brazil is pretty much almost there already.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
A Spanish matador got gored to death on live TV already this week

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Sash! posted:

I'd watch Rollerball right now

Also, if they're going to keep making movies I've already seen, I'd be down for The Running Man with Ryan Seacrest as the bad guy.

And the Rock in Arnold's role.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Trast posted:

And the Rock in Arnold's role.

The only remakes that need to be made are the Rock redoing Arnie's entire filmography. Especially Twins.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NO ONE REMAKE PRIME ARNOLD MOVIES YOU loving PHILISTINES

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

NO ONE REMAKE PRIME ARNOLD MOVIES YOU loving PHILISTINES

Running Man could seriously do with a remake. Not sure about any of the others, though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

Running Man could seriously do with a remake. Not sure about any of the others, though.

WHAT THE gently caress, RUNNING MAN IS PERFECT, ARE YOU HIGH ON GOOFBALLS

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
We've had an Arnold movie remake, it was Total Recall and it was a loving horror show.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Thaddius the Large posted:

We've had an Arnold movie remake, it was Total Recall and it was a loving horror show.

There was also a Conan and... ewww

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kibner posted:

Goddamn, forgot about that one. Both it and the Total Recall remakes have this fascinating trait where I know I watched them, but I honest to god can't remember a single thing about them other than hating it. And I was sober for both!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kibner posted:

Don't forget Kindergarten Cop.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the whole point of arnold movies is that arnold is uniquely charming/wooden/cartoonishly huge/unable to speak english even though no one ever acknowledges his obvious foreign provenance and all his good movies were made in an irreplicable movie era bereft of irony or sophistication

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 13, 2016

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Conan remake sucked. The Total Recall remake sucked. The continued effort to make Terminator a lasting thing has sucked. The Kindergarten Cop sequel sucked. Predators sucked.

Just stop.

Leave perfect alone.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
My favorite Arnold movie was the one where he got the cleaning lady pregnant.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'd make a joke about The Rock and Kevin Hart remaking Twins but watch it actually happen.

Especially when they should remake Jingle All The Way :getin:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Especially when they should remake Jingle All The Way :getin:

I wish I was joking.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

I wish I was joking.

Good things come in bears.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Aren't we still getting a sequel to Twins with Eddie Murphy playing the 3rd brother? Not sure if that will actually happen.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

I wish I was joking.

That's clearly a sequel, not a remake. Point stands. :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kibner posted:

Original Running Man was a game show, because they didn't have reality shows. We can do it better now because of that.

Especially if you make it closer to what it was in the novel. Instead of having to do the video check in via mail, he'd be tweeting or something, and then there'd be people all nuts on social media that THEY SAW THE RUNNER!!!!!!

Plus there'd be an awesome scene where a bunch of turds are trying to take selfies with him and they all get cut down by a Hunter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

Original Running Man was a game show, because they didn't have reality shows. We can do it better now because of that.

Especially if you make it closer to what it was in the novel. Instead of having to do the video check in via mail, he'd be tweeting or something, and then there'd be people all nuts on social media that THEY SAW THE RUNNER!!!!!!

Plus there'd be an awesome scene where a bunch of turds are trying to take selfies with him and they all get cut down by a Hunter.

:frogout:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Running Man still holds up so there's no reason to remake it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Let me tell you one reason Hollywood is going to want to remake it

cashola

There's another reason

a big ol pay day

Finally, a third reason

$$$$$

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Remarkable someone got paid to write a screenplay where the line, "Here is SUB-ZERO...NOW, PLAIN ZERO."

That's the best you could come up with? Plain Zero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZ25ikUKVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Remarkable someone got paid to write a screenplay where the line, "Here is SUB-ZERO...NOW, PLAIN ZERO."

That's the best you could come up with? Plain Zero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZ25ikUKVY
I'm pretty sure every screenwriter for Arnold's movies from the 80's and early 90's was paid by the amount of cheesy lines they could fit into the dialogue.

That said, I'd be up for a Running Man remake, but only if it starred O.J. Simpson.