Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

They've acknowledged this is a problem and I think it's gonna happen. Probably in like a month when the current competitive season ends . I don't have enough AIDS yet to watch pro Overwatch but apparently when it goes into overtime teams will just triple up on Tracers and stagger their respawn and keep suiciding on the point and triggering overtime forever

oh no they better not pull the "we cant make any balance changes until the season is over" bullshit who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh no they better not pull the "we cant make any balance changes until the season is over" bullshit who cares

They're definitely not because Torbjorn's turret is getting nerfed 30% of its damage on consoles any day now in a shortly upcoming patch, Im just guessing here and I figured they might wait for between seasons to introduce any major changes to game modes. Although maybe they'll time it with the new hero release which is happening this month or something, who knows

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah i just saw they changed how sudden death works a bit like a day ago. glad theyre being smart about it

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Omfg it's Tayne the Underwatch God https://youtu.be/Qi69aTLYF8E

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

After watching that I think I'm close to joining In Training in N.W.O. Still probably going to play it instead, but drat

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

gently caress you. its impossible to stop a team from just going all winston+tracer just to keep tapping the point and immediately melting

eh, if they're respawns are staggered it's pretty easy to just kill them over and over. i haven't had a problem with it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a filthy tracer player, killing objective rushing tracers is pretty easy if you aim where she's going instead of where she's currently dashing through

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I was playing this a few minutes ago and "Tracer, for all intensive purposes, healed my soul" was going through my head the entire time. Le most pure Winsauce.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They added a new character to this game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

They added a new character to this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

she is ripped straight out of killing floor lol. dart rifle and gas grenades that poison enemies+heal teammates. i love her.

also they fixed overtime. respawns take a few more seconds and the timer burns down a lot faster if overtime has lasted >20 seconds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my girlfriend, dva, has been buffed. zenny got a buff too. blizz is really quick about addressing complaints, now they just have to fix competitive going into 50 extra rounds on draws

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Motherfucking Hash Tag Winning.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

my girlfriend, dva, has been buffed. zenny got a buff too. blizz is really quick about addressing complaints, now they just have to fix competitive going into 50 extra rounds on draws

oh mama

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played a solo competitive placement round on defense that was really satisfying. We had a great team lineup and stopped them after two points. Then when it was our turn to attack they went 6x engie and my team of pubs lost in two minutes.

My first and last experience with "competitive mode".

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Torb is extremely strong on console.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

didnt they nerf him really hard on console since you have to fight him with tank controls

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
why would someone play an fps on a console?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

why would someone play an fps on a console?

Some people have things called Friends that they like to chill with on the couch and just shoot the poo poo and game like bau5es. Crack open a cold beer and pass the controller around to your friends, you know. Oh wait... You wouldn't since your too busy looking up the prices of what GPU you have to buy every 2 weeks on arstechnica.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Some people have things called Friends that they like to chill with on the couch and just shoot the poo poo and game like bau5es. Crack open a cold beer and pass the controller around to your friends, you know. Oh wait... You wouldn't since your too busy looking up the prices of what GPU you have to buy every 2 weeks on arstechnica.

Holy frick dude.. Somebody call an ambulance

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

really glad they buffed zen, i love him. but i cant say i like the sleep dart attack, crowd control on fpses suck rear end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the new character is lady big boss

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played a solo competitive placement round on defense that was really satisfying. We had a great team lineup and stopped them after two points. Then when it was our turn to attack they went 6x engie and my team of pubs lost in two minutes.

My first and last experience with "competitive mode".

Good news bud

"The big thing for Competitive Play is we're going to turn on one-hero limit, so players will not be able to stack more than one of the same hero within a Competitive match. It's not going to affect Quick Play at all, but it is something we're going to turn on for Competitive

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thats so lovely because double junkrat/pharrah is really powerful on some maps lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's better for the competitive game imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's better for the competitive game imo

yeah triple bastion objective sitting is rough to handle

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_08O4i47sM&t=0m28s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

pc gaming ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in 2016 "you mad?" still works when the enemy team complains about our bastion

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

in 2016 "you mad?" still works when the enemy team complains about our bastion

I love going bastion and sitting on the cart on offense because without fail someone will burst into hysterics on all chat

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
half the cast counters bastion if they have a reinhardt in front I don't see the problem

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

half the cast counters bastion if they have a reinhardt in front I don't see the problem

bastion is hosed the moment anyone tries to attack him. all of offense and junkrat are hard counters. ppl just hate having to wait for their damage dealer to deal with the death beam

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://vine.co/v/5aUipJvi0t0

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Good news bud

"The big thing for Competitive Play is we're going to turn on one-hero limit, so players will not be able to stack more than one of the same hero within a Competitive match. It's not going to affect Quick Play at all, but it is something we're going to turn on for Competitive

*does the swaggage patch*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Solo queueing in comp play really sucks , I'm not gonna do it anymore. With a team it's really fun though and I'm glad they are making those changes so quickly

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lets get together and play some competitive osoon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Lets get together and play some competitive osoon.

this.

also, mercy's revive got nerfed hard. has a much longer charge time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bobnumerotres posted:

this.

also, mercy's revive got nerfed hard. has a much longer charge time

she can move during it now so it balances out a bit

• Locked thread