Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sweeper keepers don't work much differently to normal ones. They're not coded properly. I always use one anyway.

Training him as a sweeper keeper changes a few of the attributes he tries to develop. Again, makes next to no difference in what you'll see results wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sweeper keeper just means that he'll actually come off his line at some point rather than steadfastly refusing to close down any angles for opposing strikers

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

If you want a good tactic I can give you one. It's not great on possession but it will score goals and not concede those insanely frustrating ones from deep crosses. I won the league with Red Star (Ligue 1) in the third season (promoted, 5th, title) which is loving ridiculous given the team I had and the fact PSG were around.

Currently using it with Sporting in Spain. First season I came fourth and qualified for Champions League despite being picks for relegation.

http://imgur.com/a/W16ez

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Ewar Woowar posted:

If you want a good tactic I can give you one. It's not great on possession but it will score goals and not concede those insanely frustrating ones from deep crosses. I won the league with Red Star (Ligue 1) in the third season (promoted, 5th, title) which is loving ridiculous given the team I had and the fact PSG were around.

Currently using it with Sporting in Spain. First season I came fourth and qualified for Champions League despite being picks for relegation.

Any player/tactical instructions?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
When I start a new game, do I need to activate leagues I want to potentially buy/loan players from? Or could I just pick EPL and still get access to Spanish wonderkids and random dudes in Africa and such?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

im gay posted:

When I start a new game, do I need to activate leagues I want to potentially buy/loan players from? Or could I just pick EPL and still get access to Spanish wonderkids and random dudes in Africa and such?

Yeah you don't need those leagues active. But it would be helpful to have a bigger database loaded.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ewar Woowar posted:

Why the asymetrical fullback duties? Any reason you set it up like that?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jyrka posted:

Yeah you don't need those leagues active. But it would be helpful to have a bigger database loaded.

A lot of wonderkids start with low reputation so just loading a large database isn't always enough.

The more leagues you can load the better, to stop transfer values and early retirements making the game weird. If your game speed is rated more than half a star, add more leagues.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have a stud american striker wonderkid....

what the gently caress do i do with him?

He's 20

training...development...position...?

good enough to build a tactic around?

he's my first....

also...Is it a problem if everyone is unhappy due to high training workload

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Waroduce posted:

I have a stud american striker wonderkid....

what the gently caress do i do with him?

He's 20

training...development...position...?

good enough to build a tactic around?

he's my first....

also...Is it a problem if everyone is unhappy due to high training workload

He's bad.

Unless he was playing for Kookoostan JG for his entire career his stats are really low for a 20 year old

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

abuse culture. posted:

He's bad.

Unless he was playing for Kookoostan JG for his entire career his stats are really low for a 20 year old

aw its says he could be a good prem winger. is he really poo poo and why?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's not impressive for a 20 year old but he's not awful. He'll dribble about a lot without passing it and then fluff one on ones because of his balance and composure. But he's got enough attributes to be useful in the Championship and bottom of the Premier League.

If you can still tutor him do it as "fairly determined" is a bad personality type, and he's already complaining about going to training. But then if your whole squad is complaining you're probably doing too much, so either add a few more rest days or lower the overall intensity.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

He's not impressive for a 20 year old but he's not awful. He'll dribble about a lot without passing it and then fluff one on ones because of his balance and composure. But he's got enough attributes to be useful in the Championship and bottom of the Premier League.

If you can still tutor him do it as "fairly determined" is a bad personality type, and he's already complaining about going to training. But then if your whole squad is complaining you're probably doing too much, so either add a few more rest days or lower the overall intensity.

do i rest before or after matches

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

jyrka posted:

How big of a database? Large was 33k

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Waroduce posted:

I tend to rest both. I'd rather have healthy happy players than over tired mopey ones.

Also potential to be a good premiership winger means that even IF he hits his potential he will be an unremarkable average player in a team finishing 7th or 8th. Not that he'd be a stand out player at United or Chelsea. Obviously the scout may be wrong and he could explode and end up as a leading (average but solid first team player at one of the giants) or world class (or whatever the actual phrase is - this is the one that'd describe your top top top players)

Edit: looked at him and yeah I can't see him making anything of himself. Add 3 to every single attribute and I still can't see an obvious place for him. He just isn't excelling anywhere. Use him for your promotion push and hope a bid comes in I guess.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 10, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waroduce posted:

After.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I tried to start a new game and gently caress that MLS Allstar game that pops up a couple of weeks in, demolishing your carefully planned pre-season schedule.

FM16 is an absolute shitshow of a game.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

sassassin posted:

I tried to start a new game and gently caress that MLS Allstar game that pops up a couple of weeks in, demolishing your carefully planned pre-season schedule.

FM16 is an absolute shitshow of a game.

I've never gotten to participate in the MLS All Star Game :smith: I suppose it would disrupt my carefully planed 'whatever the hell my assman scheduled' pre-season plan though

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A properly planned first preseason makes a huge difference to how your team performs. If you get ten to twelve games in with two days between each them for match tactics training, your tactical familiarity will be nearly perfected and you'll be way ahead of where the ai can be. Get 40 points by Christmas and try not to panic when the rest of the league gets its act together.

After the first season it doesn't matter, as you won't be starting from scratch even if you tear up the playbook and try something new. Do bonding tours of Thailand. Haze the new signings.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

sassassin posted:

Do bonding tours of Thailand.

Leicester City fan spotted.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Shazback posted:

Leicester City fan spotted.

It won them the league didn't it?

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Masonity posted:

It won them the league didn't it?

The manager was sacked though...

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I just made it to the world coaching hall of fame or whatever the gently caress it's called after 8 seasons in the MLS. Look at me go :toot:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

im gay posted:

How big of a database? Large was 33k

I usually load like 125k players or so, or whatever the amount is when the game warns you. Pretty much every European league, top division only for most though, and some countries like USA, Australia, Brazil for regens.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just had 13 players selected for the MLS All-Star Game... including all 6 midfielders. :toot:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
what the gently caress is "thinks he should work on shooting"?

i switched this guys training to finishing but he's still bitching about it

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

Waroduce posted:

You need to enroll him in pistol training, it's the first badge in his coaching qualifications.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Don't listen to your coaches or players, they don't know poo poo. Just get good coaches and have them each training their one thing they're good at. Have all your players training what role they're playing (and specialize in something if they need it).

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

With lower league players, is it just basically give them extra focus on like speed, stamina and strength? None of my guys can do much more than fall over, and it is not like they can ever really train as semi-pro.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

gtkor posted:

With lower league players, is it just basically give them extra focus on like speed, stamina and strength? None of my guys can do much more than fall over, and it is not like they can ever really train as semi-pro.

How lower are you talking? Even in the MLS, wingers with 17+ pace and acceleration and defenders with 17+ strength and jumping can dominate given the right tactics.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Vanarama South. I figured that was the bottom I could start with.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Just had to play a Pro League match despite having 14 first-team players on international duty, including 4 strikers. Great stuff.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Centre forward wins a header unchallenged a minute into a game.

Broken nose.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hired a new under 18s goalkeeping coach.

Retired two days into his contract.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

sassassin posted:

Centre forward wins a header unchallenged a minute into a game.

Broken nose.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
How do I get match fitness for my subs if I don't have a reserve team?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

im gay posted:

How do I get match fitness for my subs if I don't have a reserve team?

Schedule friendlies and only play the scrubs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

All my strikers have the yips.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sassassin posted:

All my strikers have the yips.

I've strugged to find a striker that consistently fires, all mine go through ridiculous hot patches where they score like 15 in 10 and then don't score for 15 games. Stats don't seem to matter either, my current front man is actually a midfielder with 11 finishing and he's red hot, but he'll drop off soon enough I'm sure and then not regain form for the rest of the season like all my other options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
So what do I do when I can get ridiculous amounts of possession but relatively few shots on target - more direct passing? Increase tempo?