Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kemix posted:

FF15 looks like generic JRPG poo poo with a coat of lovely Jpop rockers to round out the main four characters. Seriously someone get some estrogen in there, I think they're drowning in their own androgyny. At least Compile Heart know what they like and they're unashamed of it. Squeenix had multiple chances to make a turn based RPG and not gently caress it up, but holy poo poo 13 was bad and they're gonna gently caress up I am Setsuna with a passion. Multiple times they get the license to print loving money, but gently caress it up at every turn.

So, in summation, :frogout:

Neogaf is leaking again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Whoa, didn't realise it was a week on Thursday for new Ys. Fantastic! 40 hours sounds like a lot, might need to rely on the later PS4 release to transfer saves and finish it, assuming they don't do a Tokyo Xanadu and block it off behind an upgrade.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I am approximately 0 faith in SE to not gently caress up their big-budget projects.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I finished Danganronpa.
I'm not sure what to make of the ending. Sure as hell didn't expect the mastermind to be Junko. I did really enjoy the whole game So I started Danganronpa 2. I have no clue what to make of fat Byakuya.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Episode Duscae was good, nerds.

Episode Duscae was also an old build and we already know a couple of gameplay mechanics have changed since then and for the worse from the looks of it.

I have absolutely 0 faith in SE. They'll gently caress it up somehow, whether it's through huge performance issues, bugs and glitches or a combat system which completely lacks flow even if you're warping and changing weapons mid-combo. Or both.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do you ever reach a point in God Eater Resurrection where you can just have one good loadout that works for every mission?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In Training posted:

I may import Ys VIII because I'm a Ys maniac

Do they usually have an English language setting?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't I Am Setsuna like... out? We already know about it more or less except maybe translation quality.

.. also like Bravely Default and Bravely Second came out and even if you personally don't like them it's a stretch to say they were poorly received or disliked.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 13, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Setsuna's also a small game by a newly-formed team of rookies, so judging it based on mainline FF's production issues is silly.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Welp, ordered Gundam Breaker 3 today. Expect news of a localization any day now....

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

On behalf of everyone in this thread, we salute your sacrifice.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Welp, ordered Gundam Breaker 3 today. Expect news of a localization any day now....

Doesn't it already have an Asian English edition?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stelas posted:

Yes, Singapore.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Shiren the wanderer 5 is coming to vita this month and im probably the only person who gives a poo poo in the entire world

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

pissdude posted:

Shiren the wanderer 5 is coming to vita this month and im probably the only person who gives a poo poo in the entire world

It's a game I'd be all over if I still had a reasonable disposable income but I don't so

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pissdude posted:

I'm in for a game for my gay dead handheld.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

pissdude posted:

I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. Played the poo poo outta all the localized ones even if the wii one wasn't the best. 5 is supposed to be pretty good though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

jabro posted:

Do they usually have an English language setting?

I have no idea but I don't really care about the story of Ys games, you don't need background to figure out how to kill stuff at high speed

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stelas posted:

Correct, but I'm talking about an actual English release. Possibly digital in your region of choice.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Neogaf is leaking again
No kirby, you are the neogafs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wamdoodle posted:

Correct, but I'm talking about an actual English release. Possibly digital in your region of choice.

It's too bad the Gundam licensing rights are such a shitshow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not really? They just released a new one in the west yesterday and all the Musou games get releases, it entirely depends on whether Bamco thinks they'll sell or not

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You might be thinking of Macross.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Only the music, really.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gundam releases aren't an issue of licensing. It's that Gundam poo poo hasn't sold in the West for a good long while. They're trying to give it a new push now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Gundam releases aren't an issue of licensing. It's that Gundam poo poo hasn't sold in the West for a good long while. They're trying to give it a new push now.

Yeah. For those not playing at home, to my recollection the last big Gundam console/portable/anything non-F2P release in the West was Gundam: Crossfire back in 2006.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Yeah. For those not playing at home, to my recollection the last big Gundam console/portable/anything non-F2P release in the West was Gundam: Crossfire back in 2006.

Not counting Warriors games at least

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
What's the difference between Gundam Extreme and Breakers 3? It seems like the Extreme game is more of a virtual on style fighting-ish game and Breakers is more like dynasty warriors?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

SnatchRabbit posted:

What's the difference between Gundam Extreme and Breakers 3? It seems like the Extreme game is more of a virtual on style fighting-ish game and Breakers is more like dynasty warriors?

Yes, pretty much that. Breakers also allows you to build your own monstrosity out of component parts, each of which have diablo levels of stats and dps. I saw someone manage to get about 5 different pairs of wings on a single gundam.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hi where can I get Gundam Breaker 3 in English thanks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Hi where can I get Gundam Breaker 3 in English thanks

I got mine off Ebay.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...h+vita&_sacat=0
http://www.play-asia.com/gundam-breaker-3-english-subs/13/709u4t
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/gundam-breaker-asia-version-english-subs-vita-p-23827.html

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Looks like Play Asianis cheapest. Thanks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Literally The Worst posted:

Looks like Play Asianis cheapest. Thanks

enjoy your shame discount

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uppers is live in the Japanese PSN 4980 yen, 4480 if you download one of the demos until August 30th.

Daidouji is also available, 650 yen. Included for free as bonus in the physical version.

I hope I'm reading wrong but it seems the game is 683 MB? That seems pretty small. Bhikkhuni was 1.5 gigs and recieved a day one 500 MB patch.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's not the size mate it's how you use it

Palaiologos
Oct 29, 2015

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

What's the current wisdom on Vita models? I don't currently own one but am seriously considering.

I'm leaning towards picking up a refurb 1st gen for that sweet OLED, but want to be sure I'm not making a mistake.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Much of a muchness. The OLED is 'better', but the LCD is still pretty dang good, and the 2k has other benefits to make up for that.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Palaiologos posted:

What's the current wisdom on Vita models? I don't currently own one but am seriously considering.

I'm leaning towards picking up a refurb 1st gen for that sweet OLED, but want to be sure I'm not making a mistake.

I've had both and there's a difference between the image projected, but if you've never looked at them side by side you wouldn't know any better anyway. Personally, I'd go for the newer version, due to reduced weight, lengthened battery life and micro-USB charging. The PS, Start and Select buttons are also easier to hit, since they stick out a little.

Also, any game released from the last two or some years will have the new Vita as the model in its screen layout image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palaiologos
Oct 29, 2015

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

Ah that's really helpful, thanks. Definitely seems worth the tiny difference in screen quality to get all the other features.