Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not iZombie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

We turned on Arrow in Season 3. Give it a minute.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DivisionPost posted:

We turned on Arrow in Season 3. Give it a minute.

We have always hated CWAsia.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

MiddleOne posted:

Zoo is a national treasure and I will hear no ill will about that glorious trainwreck of a show.

this is the truth. Animal Kingdom is the show about a kid who's mother overdoses and he goes to live with his criminal grandmother and also criminal uncles. It's pretty good and worth checking out.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

Until season 2 when the novelty has worn off and all goons turn on it, as with all CW shows.

Sharing writing staff between the three Arrowverse shows really hosed them because the quality immediately nosedived once Flash started and got even worse when LoT came on the scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Sharing writing staff between the three Arrowverse shows really hosed them because the quality immediately nosedived once Flash started and got even worse when LoT came on the scene.

They don't share a writing staff.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just marathoned Outcast, it's pretty good, actually. These kinds of shows are my jam, relatively slow moving serial drama/thrillers. When Brent Spiner showed up I realized I was basically watching a slow-burn version of Supernatural, yet it was soooo much better.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 12, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone ever read the "what happens next?" tie-in novels for The 4400? I marathoned the series earlier this year, and feel like it ended okay, but left some really clear directions the next season could have gone if it had gotten one, but I can't seem to find good plot summaries for the books online.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did anyone ever read the "what happens next?" tie-in novels for The 4400? I marathoned the series earlier this year, and feel like it ended okay, but left some really clear directions the next season could have gone if it had gotten one, but I can't seem to find good plot summaries for the books online.

There were two books set after the end of the series, I've heard from people that read them that they do tie it up nicely and in line with what the series would have eventually done but also leaving a little bit open in case someone else wanted to write more books eventually. Since it's been seven years I doubt that's going to happen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I see. I might give them a go at some point, though I have a lot to read already.

How about Alphas? Has Zak Penn or whoever ever mentioned anything they would have done in season three? Someone, whether cast or creators, must surely have explained how the cliffhanger at the end of the show would have been resolved.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

They don't share a writing staff.

Clearly they share cliffnotes or something though. There is a very distinct feel to CW-style procedural drama, mainly in that it's always terrible.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Whatever happened with the TVIV Awards this year? I remember submitting a bunch of nominees last month, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since then.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I see. I might give them a go at some point, though I have a lot to read already.

How about Alphas? Has Zak Penn or whoever ever mentioned anything they would have done in season three? Someone, whether cast or creators, must surely have explained how the cliffhanger at the end of the show would have been resolved.

Yes he did in fact. This is the only place I can find it anymore though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Huh. I could some of that happening while some of it seems like joking about. Doesn't answers the big question I have, unfortunately - how would season three episode one have started? :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
bring back quantum leap

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

corn in the bible posted:

bring back quantum leap

That would actually be pretty awesome if somebody like Netflix did that. People who only saw Enterprise have no idea just how great an actor Scott Bakula is. Dude owned every minute of that role and I've always wished he got more work.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ShakeZula posted:

Whatever happened with the TVIV Awards this year? I remember submitting a bunch of nominees last month, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since then.

What happened was I found out 12 Monkeys started in April and didn't end until this week, and then I got busy. It'll happen.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 13, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

DivisionPost posted:

What happened was I found out 12 Monkeys started in April and didn't end until this week, and then I got busy. It'll happen.

The season finale is next week.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

-Blackadder- posted:

That would actually be pretty awesome if somebody like Netflix did that. People who only saw Enterprise have no idea just how great an actor Scott Bakula is. Dude owned every minute of that role and I've always wished he got more work.

He's the lead on the latest NCIS, isn't he?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wheat Loaf posted:

He's the lead on the latest NCIS, isn't he?

New Orleans, yes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

The season finale is next week.

Right, well, the way you guys talk about it, it sounds like something I could get crucified for if I run the awards without letting it finish, hence the (unannounced, sorry) delay.

Anywho, while you wait for the thread, here's the FYC ballot again.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

DivisionPost posted:

Ha, that's as good a reason as you could give, so no worries.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
That's cool he's on NCIS: New Orleans, I watched enough of the normal one to know those kinds of shows aren't my thing, is he pretty good in the New Orleans one?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Right, well, the way you guys talk about it, it sounds like something I could get crucified for if I run the awards without letting it finish, hence the (unannounced, sorry) delay.

Anywho, while you wait for the thread, here's the FYC ballot again.

I honestly don't think it's a show with enough viewers around here to really make a difference.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back quantum leap

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bring back quantum leap

No, bring back Journeyman.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just caught The Night Of. Loved it. The weird uneasiness the whole time was super gripping. I loved the what the main guy did in Four Lions and I'm super impressed with his work here as well.

Seconding my appreciation of having Bodie from The Wire back on my screen, and judging from the trailers, having Michael K Williams back is also awesome (was that him with Bodie outside the apartment or someone else)? IMDB is super screwed up with this show so far. Several actors are billed with 8,9+ episodes etc. and Bodie's actor didn't even appear in the cast at all when I checked (he is billed as one episode now).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Did anyone ever watch Nowhere Man, a late '90s UPN show? It sounds like an unsung "one-season wonder," about a journalist who took a photo of something he should not have seen, and his entire life is erased -- bank accounts frozen or emptied, friends and family claim to not even know him, he's on the run with no resources trying to prove this conspiracy. I had a very similar idea for a movie or show myself, but when I found out this was a real show, I've been very curious about it.

Another show I'm fascinated by, although I can't find a legal way to watch it, is Charlie Jade, a South African sci-fi/noir show about three separate parallel universes (a futuristic society, a run-down noir dystopia, and some kind of paradise for the affluent), and a private detective who regularly "commutes" between them. I'm a sucker for anything with parallel universes, alternate Earths, and multiple dimensions -- loved Fringe, and the Earth 2 stuff is my favorite parts of The Flash -- so I'd love to see it at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Did anyone ever watch Nowhere Man, a late '90s UPN show? It sounds like an unsung "one-season wonder," about a journalist who took a photo of something he should not have seen, and his entire life is erased -- bank accounts frozen or emptied, friends and family claim to not even know him, he's on the run with no resources trying to prove this conspiracy. I had a very similar idea for a movie or show myself, but when I found out this was a real show, I've been very curious about it.

Another show I'm fascinated by, although I can't find a legal way to watch it, is Charlie Jade, a South African sci-fi/noir show about three separate parallel universes (a futuristic society, a run-down noir dystopia, and some kind of paradise for the affluent), and a private detective who regularly "commutes" between them. I'm a sucker for anything with parallel universes, alternate Earths, and multiple dimensions -- loved Fringe, and the Earth 2 stuff is my favorite parts of The Flash -- so I'd love to see it at some point.

Nowhere Man was neat from what I remember and it was my first exposure to Bruce Greenwood whom I've had a mancrush on ever since.

Dude you need plat so I can PM you. Hit me up at butiplayoneontv AT gmail.com

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Nowhere Man was neat from what I remember and it was my first exposure to Bruce Greenwood whom I've had a mancrush on ever since.

Dude you need plat so I can PM you. Hit me up at butiplayoneontv AT gmail.com

You've got mail. Thank you!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I knew you could buy Nowhere Man in Canada for the low price of 338 dollars

https://www.amazon.ca/Nowhere-Man-Complete-Bruce-Greenwood/dp/B000BC8SXS

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

X-O posted:

No, bring back Journeyman.

No, bring back 7 Days.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Journeyman was cancelled because Scottish people can't do American accents.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

raditts posted:

No, bring back 7 Days.

You're a terrible person.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Bring back Forever and Limitless

and Pushing Daisies

Firefly can stay dead though

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Thanks to whoever mentioned Animal Kingdom, pretty good stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why don't you like me and my suggestions Blackadder :(

On a serious note, how's unREAL doing right now? Still only seen the first two, and seeing a lot of essays on how it's going downhill.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Another show I'm fascinated by, although I can't find a legal way to watch it, is Charlie Jade

The complete series DVD is on Amazon for :20bux:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I love The Expanse and now I just want to devour more stuff like it. I even grew to like the stupid hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

I love The Expanse and now I just want to devour more stuff like it.

You're in luck, there are 5 books to read in the series.

• Locked thread