Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KingColliwog posted:

I'm sad because you posted normal shoes that no one can really make fun of :( shoe post where people get poo poo on are some of my favorites posts in this thread.

too (NO BAD)"leather"bound books from barnes and nobles because they were cheap and I wanted to get my hands on them. Both books interested me for quite a while and having a physical copy of older/original fables and fairy tales is something I'll enjoy.

Yeah!
I just bought their Foundation, Heinlein, Sun Tzu (and other compiled eastern philosophy) and the complete H.P. Lovecraft.

Chinaman7000 posted:

I have a great zojirushi rice cooker but it's kinda slow, I'm really tempted by that instant pot. Pressure cooker functionality would be a cool thing even though I have no plans or ideas for it

My Zojirushi ended up growing mold on the inside and Instant Pot does a great job with rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Got an Archer mech in MWO.

colas has a new favorite as of 19:39 on Jul 12, 2016

colas
Feb 14, 2007

This mosaic is awesome.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Inzombiac posted:

My Zojirushi ended up growing mold on the inside
how

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I bought a trackbike

Here lies wallet
peperony and chease

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Inzombiac posted:

My Zojirushi ended up growing mold on the inside and Instant Pot does a great job with rice.

Did you have one of the models without a removable inner lid, or did it get mold somewhere else?

I actually find it handy to use the rice cooker and the pressure cooker in parallel; by the time the rice cooker is done, the curry or roast or whatever has had plenty of time to simmer in the pressure cooker.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
Some retro gear to cope with my mid life crisis.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Bought the season of Preacher off the PSN. Liking it so far, I'm a fan of the portrayal of Tulip and Cassidy (mostly because Joseph Gilgun is a great weirdo)

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
GoPro Session starter bundle. The Prime savings made it seem like a decent deal.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Toast Museum posted:

Did you have one of the models without a removable inner lid, or did it get mold somewhere else?

I actually find it handy to use the rice cooker and the pressure cooker in parallel; by the time the rice cooker is done, the curry or roast or whatever has had plenty of time to simmer in the pressure cooker.

Yep. If I didn't scrub that part every time, there would be mold eventually. As far as I could tell, having that part be removable offered no advantages.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beefnoodle posted:

GoPro Session starter bundle. The Prime savings made it seem like a decent deal.

It's a Session, no price is a good deal

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bape Culture posted:

I told the Mrs she could have a present after a few gins in the sun but forgot about her expensive rear end taste. Python Christian Loboutins. I then bought myself this shiny rear end bottle to cheer up/drink more and forget :newlol:

I wish they would also sell this stuff in a regular bottle and chop $10-15 off the price. It's good vodka even without the whole skull novelty.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

RCarr posted:

:kingsley: WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

Oh god, it's two bad. I don't know how this happened. (just a typo sorry guys. I'll try not to mess up next time I type while trying to keep the baby from smashing the keyboard :()

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Jul 13, 2016

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a Session, no price is a good deal

It'll be perfectly fine for kayaking. Of course, you'll be back on probation before this message posts, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

bongwizzard posted:

I would love to try on a Goruck bag in person as I cannot figure out what about them justifies the price or the crazy devotion people have. The straps on them look too skinny to be comfortable at all.

I will update at some point in the future - I'll be lugging it around 2 continents tomorrow.

On a test fit to get my straps right, it was very comfortable. I didn't even notice how skinny the straps are. I think the plate against the laptop compartment helps a lot with distribution.

I've also gotten to fiddling with the settings on my new real boy camera, I'm excited to take some pictures with it while I'm traveling.

Also a favorite recent purchase are my tickets to get to China - with a few days' notice, I got exit rows my one way was $1040, so that's not a bad deal at all.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

yea but ryobi and hitachi are actually super lovely for real, they have a lot of failures and never last. Makita is alright for just farting around the house, good for the price. DeWalt and Milwaukee are only really good if you spend the money and buy the higher quality lines. The problem with most of them, including the entry-level DeWalt and Milwaukee products, is that they use plastic gears.

a comparison of a lovely dewalt(which is a bog standard drill) and the good ones

Hilti or bust.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

B.H. Facials posted:

Hilti or bust.

Yes because everybody needs ridiculously expensive pro-grade tools for DIY jobs around the house.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bongwizzard posted:

I would love to try on a Goruck bag in person as I cannot figure out what about them justifies the price or the crazy devotion people have. The straps on them look too skinny to be comfortable at all.

Which bags have larger straps? The padding is super thick and wide on my GR0.

They make smaller hydration bags with thin straps but those aren't really meant to carry a lot of weight. Just water and extra set of clothes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I was at the James buchanan home/musuem. bought a tea cup for my gf. a poster of Thaddeus Stevens(one of my favorite politicians) and a book about a doctor who treated the Amish which is written alot like a james herriot book.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beefnoodle posted:

It'll be perfectly fine for kayaking. Of course, you'll be back on probation before this message posts, so I'm not sure why I'm bothering.

For the first 45 minutes of the trip it'll be alright, sure.

After that you'll be wishing you could pop a new battery in.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Averaged 8mpg so far.
:homebrew:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Grabbed a few items from the Prime sale:
A nice lamp for my desk:

A band cover to fix the messed up bubble on my Charge HR

And carry on luggage

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

couldcareless posted:

A band cover to fix the messed up bubble on my Charge HR

Let us know how that thing works. I'm literally about to have Fitbit send me the 3rd Charge HR replacement (4th total) since I bought mine in January because the stupid rubber keeps peeling off, and I've only got a few months left of warranty.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Prime Day stuff:
I have a dashcam but it has no screen and I have a hard time telling if its on or in standby mode but this was $30 so

Refurb'ed Fire HD7. Plan on taking a road trip with a friend next month and wanna have something her kid can watch movies on in the back seat, and after that use for car passenger entertainment

Nexus 6P. I got Project Fi in beta when it was nexus 6 or nothing, and I really dont like that ugly featureless phone, so happy to upgrade finally. Case and screen protector also.

Not Prime Day, but Amazon Warehouse (open/damaged box). Saved like 30 bucks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I spitefully didn't buy poo poo from Amazon today because at 10PM my "Save $30 off $150 with your Amazon Visa!" coupon was already telling me it was expired, so I emptied my cart and watched Preacher instead.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mu Zeta posted:

They make smaller hydration bags with thin straps but those aren't really meant to carry a lot of weight. Just water and extra set of clothes.

Yeah, following up, I checked on my GR1 and the straps are thick and wide. I forgot what they were like because I've been trying to find stuff to put in there and it's been flat for a few days.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Rolo posted:

Averaged 8mpg so far.
:homebrew:

I get about 10mpg city and 20-22 highway in mine.

You get the PP?

E: nope guess not you spoiler having scum.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Robawesome posted:

Yes because everybody needs ridiculously expensive pro-grade tools for DIY jobs around the house.

:agreed:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I have never seen one in person, but in their pictures the straps look thin as hell compared to pretty much any other decent hiking pack. They also seem pretty feature-poor compared to say the smaller Osprey bags, but I guess looking more "normal" was one of their design goals. I am a huge bag-nerd and would love to get my hands on one in any case.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

I have never seen one in person, but in their pictures the straps look thin as hell compared to pretty much any other decent hiking pack. They also seem pretty feature-poor compared to say the smaller Osprey bags, but I guess looking more "normal" was one of their design goals. I am a huge bag-nerd and would love to get my hands on one in any case.

It's pretty wide compared to most utility packs, though obviously not as wide as on a pack meant for backpacking. It's also got really thick padding. Keep in mind that the pack was pretty much designed for carrying cast iron plates around

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

M42 posted:

I bought a trackbike

Here lies wallet
peperony and chease

That's not a track bike: THIS is a track bike! (No I don't have one of these FYI because they are also very very RIP in peace for your wallet)

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That thing probably costs three times as much as my insanely upgraded track(powered)bike too

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Digital_Jesus posted:

I get about 10mpg city and 20-22 highway in mine.

You get the PP?

E: nope guess not you spoiler having scum.

No PP. I'm weird and I both love the spoiler and hated the 19" wheels. I might tinker with adding some of the suspension components when I replace my first set of tires.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Blackchamber posted:

Nexus 6P. I got Project Fi in beta when it was nexus 6 or nothing, and I really dont like that ugly featureless phone, so happy to upgrade finally. Case and screen protector also.

How do you like Project Fi? Does it work well? I'm considering switching to it from Verizon because I feel like I"m paying way too much for what I'm actually getting. Congrats on the new phone, by the way. I've had the 6P since launch and I love it :)

Content:
Peak Design, makers of the Everyday Messenger Bag, have a new Kickstarter for three new types of bags. I love my Messenger so much I immediately jumped on this.

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Jul 13, 2016

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

M42 posted:

That thing probably costs three times as much as my insanely upgraded track(powered)bike too

Funny you should ask! It's literally the most money you can pay for the least amount of bike in the world, as it were.

Frame: https://www.racycles.com/product/detail/7255
Wheel (Front only) http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=972
Wheel (rear) http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=466

Plus tires, chainrings (a few different sizes), cogs (a few different sizes), chain, saddle. Bam! You, too, can ride like an Olympic velodrome champ, and you'll be just as broke because nobody supports track cycling except the British.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Jul 13, 2016

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

*adds to Amazon wishlist*

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Bought a new mouse for home use, so I can use my old Performance MX at work.

strangemusic posted:

Funny you should ask! It's literally the most money you can pay for the least amount of bike in the world, as it were.

Frame: https://www.racycles.com/product/detail/7255
Wheel (Front only) http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=972
Wheel (rear) http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=466

Plus tires, chainrings (a few different sizes), cogs (a few different sizes), chain, saddle. Bam! You, too, can ride like an Olympic velodrome champ, and you'll be just as broke because nobody supports track cycling except the British.

I remember when $10000 bikes and $2000 wheelsets first appeared on the market some years back and thought we've reached peak-bike. But then here we are, $8500 frame only, $5000 wheels. Also :britain: #UKSittingDownSportsSupremacy

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shanghaied posted:

Bought a new mouse for home use, so I can use my old Performance MX at work.

That's what I use. Two things:

•The battery is poo poo. Have to charge mine weekly
•The forward and back buttons are tiny little wedges that suck. The old MX mouses (Performance, Revolution) has much better ones.

Other than that, I like it. But I'd replace it with a Revolution in a heartbeat if they started making those again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The battery is poo poo and lasts a week?!
My G700 lasts about 3 hours.