Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Mystery boxes? They better have this:
This is a Rope reed canvas. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with oil paint and encircled with bands of brass. This object menaces with spikes of brass.
On the item is a image of a human and a picture. The human is holding the picture. The human is making a disappointed face. On the picture is a picture of a human.
The artwork relates to the retrieval of a picture of the human Scott Hall by the human Booker T for the World Championship Wrestling in the fall of the year 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

I still want lies. :colbert:

Sometimes the mystery boxes can contain one or more lies. Sometimes the number of lies will be a mystery, and sometimes the number of lies will itself be a lie, leading to a literally unknowable number of lies in the arena at once.

Mechanically the lies will be vermin whispering convincing untruths to the fighter in his/her native tongue, causing all sorts of odd behavior, like striking an opponent's molar with the pommel of a two-handed sword, or charging into a teammate. This will be indistinguishable from normal fight behavior.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

jon joe posted:

Unfortunately, due to the size of the tournament, introducing mystery boxes would collapse the gladiator-building economy

So, and I am just spitballing here, we remove anyone who is named Bad Munki or has had a fighter named such (gently caress you Bad Munki and other guy). We remove anyone who has had a 2 time champion (gently caress you Ramc, you abandoned me), and anyone whose gladiator has made me press space while running a match.

You biter/wrestlers/punchers can go to hell.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Someone is bitter :haw:

I'll get the rest of the losers bracket done on an "as it comes" basis. I have already had to scrap two fights. It turns out axe wielding necromancers are seriously overpowered in an arena situation. Likewise, having the teams spawn in the sky above the arena resulted in 8 instant fatalities instead of interesting injuries like I was hoping.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Bring back slade.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

my dad posted:

Bring back slade.

Okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPTk5poAa1c

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Pickled Tink posted:

Someone is bitter :haw:

I'll get the rest of the losers bracket done on an "as it comes" basis. I have already had to scrap two fights. It turns out axe wielding necromancers are seriously overpowered in an arena situation. Likewise, having the teams spawn in the sky above the arena resulted in 8 instant fatalities instead of interesting injuries like I was hoping.

Can we see the necromancer one if we order The Loser's Bracket: Director's Cut edition? I want to see how zombie Albrik handles himself.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Cathode Raymond posted:

Mystery boxes should contain a roulette wheel which is then spun to determine the prize. 30-37 could be various adamantine weapons while 0 is a hostile fire imp stuck to the fighter's head.

Numbers 1-29 would all be different sizes and shapes of chairs. To be used as weapons, of course.

I actually ran a gimmick tournament that was basically this five years ago.

Before every round, roll a random item for your character, they keep it for the rest of the tournament.

(I think this requires archives)

AJ_Impy posted:

I still want lies. :colbert:

You're a very handsome man.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Reading it now... this looks like a lot of fun.

I'd be down for a ruleset like this. Builds are nice, but the RNG should always be king in DF.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
How did I miss this?

Still need the element of "oh poo poo an independent yeti is in the middle of the arena" but this is pretty fun to read.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

ZeeToo posted:

You're a very handsome man.

I said lies dammit!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

Still need the element of "oh poo poo an independent yeti is in the middle of the arena" but this is pretty fun to read.
I tried an independent dragon. It ended in smoke and fire. I actually have a successfully run fight that I am working on writing up. I think people will be happy with it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

So, and I am just spitballing here, we remove anyone who is named Bad Munki or has had a fighter named such (gently caress you Bad Munki and other guy). We remove anyone who has had a 2 time champion (gently caress you Ramc, you abandoned me), and anyone whose gladiator has made me press space while running a match.

You biter/wrestlers/punchers can go to hell.

I think my fighters have traditionally done a pretty good job of removing themselves, no additional rules needed.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

AJ_Impy posted:

I said lies dammit!

Oh yeah?

Pickled Tink posted:

I tried an independent dragon. It ended in smoke and fire. I actually have a successfully run fight that I am working on writing up. I think people will be happy with it.

:checks watch: Here you go then.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's only a little late.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
it's fine

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Which one of you has the Worst Gladiator ribbon currently?

I need you to name your next gladiator Alpha3KV and not to ask why.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've had a busy couple of weeks and only just got the time to sign in to the forums for the first time in about as long. I'll have it up tonight.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
:siren: Losers Bracket Round 1, Fight 1 :siren:

A Tarantino Film is on the left side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (I R SMART LIKE ROCK) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears an iron helm and an iron mail shirt.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, leather armor, and leather low boots.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Lightly Whipped is on the right side of the arena.
Ghost-trees (jon joe) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper flail and a wooden buckler and wears a copper mail shirt.
Trump's Viscous Discharge (goatface) is a female minotaur. She is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Grimmik (FillInTheBlank) is a male gremlin. He wields a silver whip and wears an iron helm.
Jupis Tooki McGannel (GreyPowerVan) is a male strangler. He wields a copper whip and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, a copper mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Here we are in the next (And most assuredly late) Losers Bracket match. This time we have A Tarantino Film and Lightly Whipped fighting atop a small three z-level tall monolith. Despite the long wait, I have ben unable to find another supplier for savage beasts, so this time we will do without. Apparently Spermy "borrowed" the fire imps in last fight from exotic pet owners under the guise of "taking them for a walk" and very few people are willing to deal with us. Fortunately, we have a few other lines of inquiry going at the moment that may grant us some savage beasties.

The starting siren goes off and the teams charge the short distance between them. Lightly Whipped draws first blood with Ghost-Trees scratching uma Thurman in her foot with his freaky molemarian nails. She retaliates against the unwanted touching by bringing her sword across and slicing a furrow through the molemarians skin. Jupis lashes out with his copper whip at the adorably fuzzy looking Snarls Barkley, catching the lycanthrope on the gauntlet. Snarls is unimpressed and responds with a large swing of his pike which Jupis catches on his shield.

Ghost-Trees attacks Uma Thurman again, this time with his copper flail. Uma Thurman leans backwards, narrowly avoiding being decapitated by the strike. Sadly, she does not manage to avoid toppling off the side of the monolith.

The molemarian rushes over, hoping to score another blow, but is blindsided by an errant charge from his teammate Trump's Viscous Discharge and gets knocked over the side as well.

Solomon Rabinowitz and Grimmik exchange swings, thrusts, and parries without drawing any blood, dodging around wildly in the enclosed area. Trump and Urist do likewise, before Snarls Barkley, who must be using some new doggie shampoo because oh my gods she is so incredibly floofy and that is so loving cute... ahem... before Snarls intervenes and drives Trump off the northern side of the platform.

Uma Thurman crashes to the ground, no worse for wear. Then Ghost-Trees lands on top of her, destroying her left ear.

Uma Thurman leaps back to her feet before the molish abomination can regain its feet and slashes repeatedly at the downed creature, slicing more deep furrows in its skin but sadly doing little real damage. Ghost-Trees replies with a swing of his flail that hits Uma Thurman in the thigh, causing a bruise through the womans iron mail shirt. The sound his his next attack hitting the humans shield is drowned out by a loud meaty thud nearby as Trump hits the ground hard, but not hard enough to cause discernable injury.

Back atop the monolith Urist McLee reaches into [/u]Grimmik's[/u] mouth and grabs him by the molars before punching him in the right forearm, collapsing the limb into uselessness before he throws the poor creature to the floor by his teeth. Grimmik angered and desperate, lashes Urist McLee in the chest with his silver whip, seemingly only bruising him, but the dwarf is gasping for air. Grimmik regains his feet just in time for Urist McLee to charge him to the ground in the center of the platform.

To the side, Jupis is fighting Solomon Rabinowitz and Snarls Barkley. He manages to block a flurry of attacks with his shield, but they come just a fraction too quickly for him to keep up and Snarls manages to slip her pike through and slice off his second right arm at the elbow. Jupis attempts to retaliate, but the werewolf blocks it on her shield. This was a grave mistake for the strangler as Solomon Rabinowitz lunges in and bites him in the left shin, injecting his venom into the poor creatures bloodstream. He manages to block another attack from Snarls before the venom takes hold and he falls to the ground, losing hold of his weapon and shield.

Unsatisfied with merely paralysing the strangler, Solomon Rabinowitz thrashes about, tearing apart the flesh in the stranglers leg and severing arteries, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. Even if he wasn't envenomed he would no longer be able to stand. It doesn't matter though as Snarls Barkley stabs Jupis in the head with her pike, shattering the creatures skull. To her surprise, the strangler still clings to life so she heaves her weapon free of the sticky remains of the creatures head and drives it in again, this time splitting his head in half. Seeing this, Grimmik dives over the side to the south, away from his opponents.

Meanwhile on the ground below, Trump's Viscous Discharge moves to aid her teammate engage Uma Thurman. She grabs her by the head and lifts her to her mouth before sinking her carnivorous bovine teeth into the humans lower body, crushing a rib and bruising her liver through her mail shirt. Trump then throws her away from him, punching her in the arm for good measure as she does so.

Uma Thurman lands badly and her left foot splits apart into gore. She cannot withstand this torment and passes out from pain as the minotaur approaches. Moments later Trump's Viscous Discharge cries out with triumph as Uma Thurman's head explodes under the might of her horns.

Grimmik hits the ground pn the south side of the pillar, landing almost as poorly as Uma Thurman did from her throw, having split his own left foot apart as well, though he gets away with minor brusing otherwise. Unlike the human the blow knocks some courage back into his heart and he realises he was a fool to have fled from the battle above and starts climbing back up the monolith with a grim determination. Sadly, grim determination and courage are nothing without the ability to back them up and and is immediately thrown back off by Urist McLee upon reaching the top, who adds injury to injury by punching him in the head as well. Unsatisfied with that little display, Urist follows Grimmik down off the side of the monolith, climbing down and kicking Grimmik in the leg from above, crushing it to gore. A series of devestating punches shatter more bones and Grimmik gives in to pain.

To the other side, Trump's Viscous Discharge has also climbed back up the monolith and unlike her unfortunate gremlin teammate, she has summited successfully. She is immediately set upon by both Solomon Rabinowitz and Snarls. Outnumbered, Trump attacks Snarls Barkley furiously, biting and punching the incredibly fluffy werewolf, who is surprised by the ferocity of her onslaught and is knocked off the side of the spire with a charge. At the same time as Snarls Barkley hits the ground below, Trump swings down off the side of the platform and anchors herself above Urist McLee, and begins attempting to knock the dwarf off the wall.

As Trump attacks Urist McLee, Solomon Rabinowitz leans over the side and bites her several times, failing to envenomate the hardy bovine. Ignoring the serpent man, Trump turns on the wall and gores Urist McLee in the left hand, exploding it into gore. A quick turn of the head allows her to also gore his right hand as well, rending it a useless ruin like the other. Despite this, the hardy dwarf manages to retain his hold on the wall and even manages to lunge at her and bite her in the eyelid.

On the ground below the battle, Snarls Barkley regains her feet, having withstood the fall without injury thanks to her incredibly fluffy and silken coat. I mean, gently caress that is amazing. Perhaps disconcerted by my admiration of her glorious fur, she walks over to the unconscious form of Grimmik nearby and begins carving the poor gremlin apart with her halberd, covering the floor and her glorious fur with the poor creatures blood. BOO!!! Eventually the poor thing dies.

Above, the combined biting attacks of the savage dwarf and serpentman eventually cause Trump to pass out from pain, causing her to lose her grip on the wall and fall. Snarls Barkley hears her comrades call out to her and looks up in time to see a couple of tons of bovine plummeting towards her, narrowly manageing to dive out of the way as it crashes to the ground where she had stood. Solomon Rabinowitz joins Snarls on the ground to assault the comatose cow and after several seconds of pummeling Snarls Barkley is able to drive her pike through Trump's skull, killing her.

Up top, Ghost-Trees reaches the top of the spire again and makes ready to do battle. Solomon Rabinowitz climbs up to face him, and the two duel for about five seconds before the serpent injects his paralytic venom into the molemarians horrible blood. After several minutes of biting the stricken creature the serpent man calls out for help in finishing it off. Snarls Barkley, being the only able bodied teammate left, climbs up the side of the spire and casually stabs the immobilised Ghost-Trees in the head, killing him and ending the match.

A Tarantino Film defeats Lightly Whipped 4-1.

Kills:

Snarls Barkley: 4

Trump's Viscous Discharge: 1

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
There are five fights left to run and I'll try and post at least one fight a week from here on out. I know I have said I have been kind of busy, but I need to make the time for this. I'll also accept suggestions for gimmicks for the fights, but I make no promises I'll use them.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
fight surrounded by no skill cloth clothed dwarfs, due to crowd rushing field

gladiators get revived once when killed

checkerboard with water tiles

single giant sponge to draw aggro and never die

both teams cloned for an 8v8

both teams on same side, fight hordes of giant cave spiders until one team dead

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Start the fighters all on one tile 400 z-levels up. Will they kill each other before they splat?

Great fight, Grimmik climbing back up was the best part. Didn't think that was possible.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

Great fight, Grimmik climbing back up was the best part. Didn't think that was possible.
The fight with Trump was conducted vertically, with Solomon standing on the top of the pillar biting the minotaur, who was hanging onto the side a z-level down, who was attacking Urist, who was hanging onto the wall a z-level below them (Who had been kicking the head in of Grimmik, who was a z-level below and on the ground). Obnoxiously hard to screenshot so I didn't try, but climbing is something that is well within the capabilities of the games combat AI. The fact that I was using cast obsidian, and thus rough walls, helped make the climbing easy enough that even without skill they could do it. All the Imps in the previous fight ended up as legendary climbers by the way, and were the inspiration for the gimmick here.

Honestly, I am more surprised that Urist didn't fall off the wall with both his hands pulped than anything else.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Pickled Tink posted:

There are five fights left to run and I'll try and post at least one fight a week from here on out. I know I have said I have been kind of busy, but I need to make the time for this. I'll also accept suggestions for gimmicks for the fights, but I make no promises I'll use them.

Jousting: Four single wide platforms with one an opposing contender on each side.

a flat expanse with a max height pillar in the center. On the pillar are scores of onmihostile cats/goblins/elephants/whatever

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Arena-style stadium with a 4x4 roof over the middle and a ring of elevated archers with no skill and a million arrows each, teamed up to shoot anyone who steps outside the shelter. Step out from cover and get showered with arrows from a host of goblin novices. I will happily create this arena as a public service.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

I will happily create this arena as a public service.

You will gently caress it up.

But its a good idea, maybe someone competent can tackle this one.

Also, go to the Stone-whatever thread; they need an overseer and you are crazy enough to make it interesting.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

blind archers will fire in all directions equally.

Surround the arena with blind archers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Knew I should have put ranks in climbing.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pickled Tink posted:

Nope, I got nothing. All my ideas either involve levers (which I don't know if the arena supports) or the the assumption that fighters will seek higher ground in case of, say, flooding...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Also, go to the Stone-whatever thread; they need an overseer and you are crazy enough to make it interesting.

I ain't got time for that!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
K, I got Dark Suns out of my system.

You nerds got the bugs and balancing worked out for the next round?

And Mystery Boxes?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yep

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

K, I got Dark Suns out of my system.

You nerds got the bugs and balancing worked out for the next round?

And Mystery Boxes?

Yeah, about that... I am just about ready to start testing. Real life has been very busy lately, I'll explain the details later. This new phone's keyboard sucks.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Yeah, about that... I am just about ready to start testing. Real life has been very busy lately, I'll explain the details later. This new phone's keyboard sucks.

Contact me, too.

I still want to try at least a few new designs, but it's going to be probably the end of July before I can deliver anything, especially if we're upgrading to a new edition of DF for the next arena.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
I have bad news. There was a tragic accident involving an overripe tomato an hour ago and both teams in the upcoming match perished in the ensuing conflagration. While normally we would just get our staff clerics to handle this and raise them from the dead and throw them straight into the meatgrinder, they have recently gone on strike demanding better pay (Peanuts are no longer good enough). Fortunately a local necromancer is willing to accept payment in peanuts, so we are able to hold the fight anyway. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by the next battle.

:siren: Losers Bracket Round 1, Fight 2 :siren:
Worker Cooperative is on the left side of the arena.
Combat Liberalism (Jack the Lad) is a female gremlin. She wields an iron large dagger and wears no armor.
Unthrottle the Axolotl (Zwingley) is a female kobold. She wields a bronze scourge and wears a copper helm, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Jameson the Unruly (Cathode Raymond) is a male human. He wields an iron two-handed sword and wears a copper cap, a copper breast plate, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Albrik the Insignificant (Tiler Kiwi) is a male kobold. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, bronze leggings, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

This Bites is on the right side of the arena.
Knife Toseeu (synthorange) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears a bronze cap, a copper mail shirt, and copper gauntlets.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel (Keru) is a male elf. He is empty handed and wears a leather cap, a silver mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper leggings, silver gauntlets, and platinum low boots.
Roland Gorchnik (Maarak) is a male human. He wields a copper scourge and wears an iron cap, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Eyeteeth IV (Revenant Threshold) is a male werewolf. He wields a copper shield and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, and copper high boots.

The buzzer sounds and the shackles are released... and stand around for a few moments doing nothing. The necromancer sighs and waves his hand, and with that they're off with a chorus of groans and cries of "brains". The two teams mindlessly staggar towards each other, and you can hardly tell the difference between them now and before the accident. If this works out we might be able to save a ton on resurrection fees.

The two teams meet in the middle with a moaning thud and mindlessly start swinging their limbs and weapons at one another. Many of them miss thier targets, but Eyeteeth IV bashes off Albrik the Insignificant's left foot off with its shield while Combat liberalism lodges its dagger in Sun Tzulander's right leg. Jameson the Unruly's flailing brings its sword around into Roland Gorchnik's neck, but the iron mail shirt stops the blow from doing any harm. Unburdened by anything resembling conscious thought, Jameson punches Roland in the right foot, tearing off the limb. Groaning thuds sound as Albrik and Jameson fall to the arena floor.

Eyeteeth IV stands over Albrik and smashes off the zombies right hand with its shield as Unthrottle punches Sun Tzulander in the arm, sending the elf shambling off balance at greater and greater speed into Knife Toseeu, which n turn sends them both to the floor in a tangle of undead flesh as a severed hand sails overhead. Following it back to its source we find that it was liberated from Roland Gorchnik by Jameson the Unruly. Another severed limb drifts lazily overhead as Eyeteeth IV bashes off the remainder of Albrik the Insignificant's right arm with its shield.

Sun Tzulander regains its feet and shambles into Unthrottle the Axolotl, knocking the smaller zombie to the floor, then kicks it ineffectually. Meanwhile Eyeteeth IV does the same to Jameson the Unruly, knocking them to the floor and crushing the human zombies neck with its shield, smashing it into the humans torso and making the human zombie look comically stupid. Unfortunately that is all it accomplishes, though it does put an end to Jameson's moaning. To the side, Sun Tzulander continues its uneven and off balanced waddle around the battlefield and strays into the path of Knife Toseeu, causing them both to tangle together and fall to the floor again as Jameson the Unruly regains its feet.

Unthrottle the Axolotl lashes Knife Toseeu repeatedly, severing motor nerves all down the zombie stranglers left arm, which would be a useful thing had they not both been undead. Combat liberalism gets in on the action, slashing repeatedly at the downed strangler, severing nerves and muscles with abandon. Then Sun Tzulander's fist collides with its head, which explodes like an overripe grapefruit.

Jameson the Unruly and Roland Gorchnik strike ineffectually at each other repeatedly, their flailing weapons and kicks unable to meaningfully penetrate one anothers armour, merely tearing muscle, breaking bones, and severing nerves, none of which either of the undead would care about had they any intelligence whatsoever, instead of a driving desire to kill. Then Roland Gorchnik's scourge finally find purchase and removes Jameson the Unruly's right arm at the elbow. Eyeteeth IV then punches Jameson ineffectually in the arm before Albrik hacks Roland Gorchnik in the foot with rather more effect, removing the limb with its iron axe and sending the zombie to the ground.

Albrik then turns its attention on Eyeteeth IV, presumably because it is now closer. This proves to be a bad move as Eyeteeth IV starts hacking it to pieces with its shield, removing its right lower leg below the knee, left arm, and then removing what is left of the right leg with a brutal series of clubbings. Eyeteeth IV is interrupted by Jameson the Unruly who bashes off its left thumb with the pommel of its sword. Eyeteeth IV responds to this attack by bashing off Jameson's right leg with its shield. Albrik then sinks its teeth into Eyeteeth IV's arm in what I would assume was defiance had it anything resembling a mind. Jameson then takes off Eyeteeth IV's right foot with its sword, sending the zombie dog to the floor alongside its victims, though the zombie werewolf lands heavily on top of Albrik, severing the zombie kobolds right leg with its shield before crushing its neck with a second blow and taking off the remnants of its left leg with a third, reducing the kobold zombie into a snarling torso.

Jameson the Unruly and Roland Gorchnik resume fighting one another again, and as before their blows are almost entirely useless thanks to thier respective armour with blows being deflected by caps, boots, breastplates and mail shirts, and often each others weapons as they mindlessly flail at one another. Roland Gorchnik manages to get a telling hit in with its scourge, lashing off Jameson's left arm at the elbow and causing it to lose its weapon. Jameson gets a more telling blow in in response, putting its left foot through the torso of Roland Gorchnik, crushing it into paste and banishing the necromantic energy holding it together.

A few more minutes of ineffectual moaning and flailing later, Eyeteeth IV crushes Albrik's head with its shield.

At this point it needs to be noted that Sun Tzulander and Unthrottle the Axolotl have been fighting each other alone in the north or the arena ever since Combat liberalism was killed. So far they have accomplished absolutely nothing of note beyond a few missing teeth. The zombies on both sides are getting pretty damaged by now, and only a handful are still capable of walking. This doesn't stop them, however. Eyeteeth IV drags itself over to Jameson the Unruly and bashes off its left foot with its shield. Knife Toseeu is there as well, tearing away at the disarmed human zombie, pulling out teeth and carving meaningless furrows in its necrotic flesh with its claws.

Eyeteeth IV continues to do what it has done best this match: Smash opponents to bits with its shield. It crushes Jameson the Unruly's right leg into past and part way into the human zombies body, shattering its pelvis. Another blow takes off the humkan zombies left arm at the shoulder. A third blow takes off an ear, and a fourth removes Jameson's left lower leg. Through this all Jameson chews ineffectually on Knife Toseeu. After an age wherein many more bits are liberated from Jameson's torso by Eyeteeth IV's shield, Knife Toseeu's claws finally find purchase in Jameson's skull and tears the unfortunate zombies head to pieces.

Sun Tzulander and Unthrottle the Axolotl's battle drifts over towards the zombie werewolf and strangler, and they both lunge at the solitary enemy zombie. It is swiftly overwhelmed and crushed in an incredible anticlimax to this battle, having its head crushed by Eyeteeth IV's second blow, leaving an unholy mess for the janitorial staff to clean up.

This Bites defeats Worker Cooperative 4-1

Kills:

Sun Tzulander: 1
Eyeteeth IV: 2
Knife Toseeu: 1

Jameson the Unruly: 1

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Choppy weapons just don't do the job against unbleedable enemies.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
It would take everyone being zombies for me to get a kill.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ok, I call it quits. Real life sucks, it has sucked, it will continue to suck. I have a hard time staying conscious enough to focus on anything for more than ten-fifteen minutes at a stretch. I apologise for being unable to complete this. If any other commish wants to finish it off, they can PM me and I'll send them the macro links and my own notes on stuff from before my body and brain decided to stop working properly.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
'tis fine, dude. It's just a pixeldorf game. Best of wishes for whatever IRL problems you're dealing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sorry youre dealing with poo poo, thanks for running what you could