Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fucc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Never gently caress with space rhinos.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Updates. Possibly until next week.

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?p=3041

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I don't think I've ever felt so impatient for a webcomic to update.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm excited for the adventures of a bunch of corpses in space.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Pass the time with some of Gob's Music!

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?page_id=3048

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I know that Gob reads this thread, and while browsing his twitter for news about updates I saw him talk about having depressive episodes, so I figured this would be a good time for a seriouspost. I just wanted you to know that I have had struggles with depression myself and that your webcomic has had some very good portrayals about it, so thanks a ton. Worry as I do about other people judging my own work, you doing this dumb webcomic that people initially treated as a joke has been a huge inspiration for me, both artistically and as a person. So yeah, your dumb webcomic did the Artist Thing and meant a lot to a stranger, so thanks Gob. :unsmith:

e: clarified that I mean I worried about my work being judged, not Gob's.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 17, 2016

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

ManlyGrunting posted:

I know that Gob reads this thread, and while browsing his twitter for news about updates I saw him talk about having depressive episodes, so I figured this would be a good time for a seriouspost. I just wanted you to know that I have had struggles with depression myself and that your webcomic has had some very good portrayals about it, so thanks a ton. Worry as I do about other people judging your work, you doing this dumb webcomic that people initially treated as a joke has been a huge inspiration for me, both artistically and as a person. So yeah, your dumb webcomic did the Artist Thing and meant a lot to a stranger, so thanks Gob. :unsmith:
Dude thank you so very much. That means so much to me. When I started this thing, I never expected that I'd get such touching praise like this. You encourage me with your kind words.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

After reading through some old comics, I've decided comic 120 is my favourite title font with the letters inside of one another.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

After reading through some old comics, I've decided comic 120 is my favourite title font with the letters inside of one another.

Missed a trick by not having one exclamation mark inside the other one though!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They change? TIme to reread! Except not.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Who am I kidding of course I'm rereading.

e:

Gob you trickie dickie, the central motif was there right from the beginning

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 16, 2016

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Gobolatula posted:

Dude thank you so very much. That means so much to me. When I started this thing, I never expected that I'd get such touching praise like this. You encourage me with your kind words.

I think a lot of us can relate. Some of us stumbled across this weird but lovable comic at a special time in our lives :unsmith:

The first 130 or so are mainly my favorites. Lots of good stuff later for sure, but the tone and feelings from early on are fantastic. Especially when Gob dips back into flashbacks later.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I started re-reading right starting around the apocalypse happening, and wow its great to read through again without having to wait for a new strip. This reminds me why I never watch shows as they come out, I can't stand it.

Edit: Just noticed that Katie has been building the booster rockets since back when the high school folks were brought back to Peppershanty. Holy poo poo Gob, you're a real planner.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 17, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Gobolatula posted:

That's the beautiful thing about webcomics: you reach all kinds of weird societal rejects. :thumbsup:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, looks like no new page until Wednesday at least and the wait is killing me, much like those space-rhinos just killed the entire cast.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Edit: Just noticed that Katie has been building the booster rockets since back when the high school folks were brought back to Peppershanty. Holy poo poo Gob, you're a real planner.

What????? Which strip?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Samovar posted:

What????? Which strip?

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=320-agenda

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gob is like GRRM, except not poo poo, prettier and actually capable of updating on time. Better characters too.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

"You know nothing, Pasqualo Trianguli" "I know I'm a libra!"

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

:chanpop:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Also had 'Cheese forgive me', so this is possibly the greatest strip yet.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Lol cheese forgive me has a tag, Gob really knows his audience. Arrrgh I can't believe I have to wait another day for a strip and it will just be six panels unless it's one of the long ones... God if it's a flashback I'm gonna york.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
He's used it enough for it to warrant it, :smug:

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Lol cheese forgive me has a tag, Gob really knows his audience. Arrrgh I can't believe I have to wait another day for a strip and it will just be six panels unless it's one of the long ones... God if it's a flashback I'm gonna york.

Odds are the next comic will be done some time next week. Yeah, this one is extra long. I'm sorry! I hope it's worth the wait when it's done.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

Odds are the next comic will be done some time next week. Yeah, this one is extra long. I'm sorry! I hope it's worth the wait when it's done.

Every extra long comic so far has been amazing, so I don't mind waiting at all :)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Gobolatula I would love if you sanctioned a gang tag for this dumb comic that we love so much.

Seriously, I'm a huge fan.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Gobolatula posted:

Good to hear buddy! I'm so hype. I've been rereading the whole strip and looking at your responses to comments and I gotta say you're one of the nicest people I've ever encountered on the Internet. I wish nothing but good things for you and your dang ol silly comic.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 20, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Wasabi the J posted:

Gobolatula I would love if you sanctioned a gang tag for this dumb comic that we love so much.

Seriously, I'm a huge fan.

What would it be then? Gob's Goblins?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Laputanmachine posted:

What would it be then? Gob's Goblins?

Peppermint Shanty Pals or something like that.

gently caress, what did Pasqy call his school fortress/tower?!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Peppershanty Pals

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Renaissance Robot posted:

Peppershanty Pals

Same

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Peppershanty Pals
Sanctioned!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Speaking of which, as an idea for a possible filler or bonus comic, it would be kinda neat to see a page that shows you the overall layout of the place. Like, "Here is where Allison's Dungeon is at, Mr. Jones new workshop over here, Pasqualo's Anger Room," etc, etc

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Wicker Man posted:

Speaking of which, as an idea for a possible filler or bonus comic, it would be kinda neat to see a page that shows you the overall layout of the place. Like, "Here is where Allison's Dungeon is at, Mr. Jones new workshop over here, Pasqualo's Anger Room," etc, etc

This but post rhino laser loving

So just a debris field in space with labels pointing at several bits of indistinguishable charred remains

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Here lies Pasqualo

And here

And here

And over there

He never scored.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Maybe a small follow up image of Aurora zipping around grabbing pieces.

Here lies Pasqualo

And here

And here

And over there

He never scored.

A smaller speck to show how his dick got nuked off.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Wicker Man posted:

That's not a bad idea! Maybe I'll do this as a book extra or something!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gobolatula posted:

That's not a bad idea! Maybe I'll do this as a book extra or something!

Things like that are always super-cool. I remember as a kid there were Teddy Ruxpin books that had maps of the world Teddy and his friends lived in. There were rainbow falls that froze into solid color in the winter!

Now take that, and apply a gallon of It Hurts!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
On the other hand, I know the general area of NJ where the comic takes place, and am now picturing it given the Ruxpin treatment.

A map to all the WaWas from here to the horizon, my lads.

• Locked thread