Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrfXyP4FbA4&t=58s

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Helen Highwater posted:

I really liked the Lord of Change until I saw the breasts sculpted on to it. The Nurgle Predator is rad as poo poo because I'm pretty sure that's an Epic scale model.

It's a full-sized RT era Predator. Still awesome though.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 11, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That Nurgle Pred is rad because it reminds me of this:

(I am aware this is the wrong thread for this pic...)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The terminator on a palanquin is ultra rad and is the kind of dumb weird baroque poo poo 40k needs more of (as opposed to hover wolf chariots).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

albany academy posted:

The Hordes stilt-mammoth is great and cool. The bj tau are friggin weird.

It makes me think it's part of a training program for new warlocks. Instead of one giant monster they substitute in the smaller ones.

"There's a cygnar devil sending his warjack at you. What do you do?"

"Um...charge forward with Fluffy and throw it?"

"Don't tell me tell the monster."

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Len posted:

You're talking about the bj tau right?

Do people field those models or are they just for diorama purposes? Because I don't think I could bring myself to actually play against someone using figs like that, at least not without mocking them and calling them creepy.

Yeah. I think I'd be embarrassed to play against/field topless figures that aren't doing anything sexual (as artistic nude paintings). I admit, I did very briefly consider painting the snake woman topless, as the example paints. I draw artistic nudes frequently, but it's not something I show around a lot publicly.

for tasteful nudes. I'd probably ask the person to field something else, especially if there were kids around (as there frequently are at my shop). I'd be much more insistant for the actually sexual figures.

Non-sexual nude poses is at best going a little over the line. Multi-breasted things with huge vaginas with skull monsters or units openly having sex, yeah I'm going to be annoyed if you bring that out in public and think that's cool.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

A whole army in this style would be the just right level of over the top for me. It'd be such glorious hell on earth.

Also, that whole dump so often was a beautiful storm of somebody putting in amazing effort and skill in some areas, and completely loving up in others. Anyone using aquarium plants on pretty models. The lovely plastic bubble around the mini fairy on that Lord of Change. The Slannesh soulgrinder with the lovely gems. The stilt-mammoth where they didn't paint the sand at all.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 12, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Mr. Squishy posted:

I still like the Lord, I think those dugs aren't exactly titillating and it fits in with the lore (I think?). The anime-faced Spider-Tank is far worse.

Yeah, it's a massively obese bird-headed butterfly. If you can whack to it, you can whack to great unclean one man-tits

And the spider tank is supposes to be a Slaaneshi defiler, I think. I pride myself ot now knowing any new daemon engines, especially if they're multikits or Lords of War.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The terminator on a palanquin is ultra rad and is the kind of dumb weird baroque poo poo 40k needs more of (as opposed to hover wolf chariots).

I think that's a converted Space Hulk dead BA on a throne. Strange choice for Grey Knights, but it would work for Space Wolves, CSM or Tyrant's Legion.

What is the good thread to post rad models (and maybe talk poo poo about ironjawz or mantic's continuing inability to sculpt fantasy)?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
A suit of reliquary armor seems more like it'd be a Blood Angels thing TBH.

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010
I want to think this guy was just dragged out from the basement into the battlefield.
"Ok, we'll let you watch your anime."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I kinda like those, animé tau, rasta tau and tote bag tau are dumb and fun, just like the guitar tau. But then he had to veer off into creepiness instead of just having a tau holiday camp.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're kind of like Smurfs, where they're blue and each have one defining characteristic.

Which is fun for miniatures until you get to "likes blowjobs."

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Wait, you mean "Pervy" wasn't one of the original Smurfs?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

They're kind of like Smurfs, where they're blue and each have one defining characteristic.

Which is fun for miniatures until you get to "likes blowjobs."

Though being BJ Smurf must be amazing.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm hoping camel tau isn't a play on words.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Indolent Bastard posted:

Though being BJ Smurf must be amazing.

Isn't that just a fancy name for Smurfette?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Iron Crowned posted:

Isn't that just a fancy name for Smurfette?

Was... Smurfette receiving the BJs? That certainly changes my formative years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No, it's the smurf version of BJ Blazkowicz.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What are the Nazis in this metaphor?

I definitely have different creep values. BJ tau or most naked minis looks like stupid kitch stuff, similar to painting NMM unicorns on your van or sexy magazine centerfolds in your locker. Groan, roll eyes...

Now when you start putting dismembered female bodies on your CSM, buying naked slavegirls and baby dickmonster rape dioramas...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dammit Raging Heroes, you almost made a good model but then you chained some nekkid ladies to it:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I'm the screaming kneepads.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Take all the ladies off, stick a set of keyboards and a stool in front of the organ pipes with a maestro playing while looking over their shoulder.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

Screaming Kneepad is the third album by my black metal band, Gorechild.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The kneepads should be flamethrowers.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Slimnoid posted:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

If you don't have screaming kneepads, you are not the God-Emperor of Mankind

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The kneepads are singing along with the organ!

One could probably offset the cost of the kit by selling the chained up "crew" bits on eBay.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

get your new avatar boy

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

This is the best thing.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Zark the Damned posted:

Dammit Raging Heroes, you almost made a good model but then you chained some nekkid ladies to it:

i like to imagine that the naked ladies strapped on this robot are serving the same purpose as those stuffed animals truckers tie to the front of their trucks

actually I don't even know why truckers do that....

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why does it have a tentacle above left truck-decorations head?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

gently caress, I didn't even notice that this is less of a Penitent Engine and more of Inquisitor's Whorehammers Pimp-Throne of Judgement.

What the gently caress, Raging Heroes. When members of SoB or the Ecclesiarchy go naked it is so they could wrap themselves in scrolls and die in glorious combat for the God-Emperor!

EDIT: You post that and not the literal slut altar of the succubi?

You'll want to click for big on the next one to drink in the details of the slavegirls pushing the thing

It's probably going to be stupid big, stupid expensive and I am horrified at the mere thought of painting. Better to buy an Imperial Knight and just hang pictures of naked ladies on it.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 13, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nightstalker Doppelgangers. Appearantly.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Electric Hobo posted:

This rules.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Electric Hobo posted:

Those are boss.

quote:

Arnold Schwarzenegger with teddy

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

JcDent posted:

gently caress, I didn't even notice that this is less of a Penitent Engine and more of Inquisitor's Whorehammers Pimp-Throne of Judgement.

What the gently caress, Raging Heroes. When members of SoB or the Ecclesiarchy go naked it is so they could wrap themselves in scrolls and die in glorious combat for the God-Emperor!

You'll want to click for big on the next one to drink in the details of the slavegirls pushing the thing

It's probably going to be stupid big, stupid expensive and I am horrified at the mere thought of painting. Better to buy an Imperial Knight and just hang pictures of naked ladies on it.

so are they worried about recasters too?

glitchkrieg posted:

Those are boss.

horrifying

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Electric Hobo posted:

rad

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Zark the Damned posted:

JcDent posted:

What are these even for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Their latest kickstarter, which is SoB, eldar, deldar and their WHFB counterparts. "Lust elves" is their name for the dark ones. It's a lot of titties and The Borg meet Kingdom Death. The SoB stuff is better, but a lot of non-troops stuff looks like an absolute paint to pain. And they have regular sexy nuns, for reasons.

However, none of that stuff is on sale yet, so it might just be a lot of overly ambitious renders.