Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

FAUXTON posted:

I know Blizzard wouldn't crib from Kojima of all people but :laffo: if Ana doesn't come off like a goddamn MGS villain.

Ana Amari = The End
Widomaker = Sniper Wolf
McCree = Revolver Ocelot
Mercy = Naomi
Mei = Mei
Zary = Olga
D.Va = Paz
Soldier 76 = Big Boss
Hanzo = Johnny Sasaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Do Ana's hots and dots stack, or should she be spreading the love around?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

vorebane posted:

Do Ana's hots and dots stack, or should she be spreading the love around?

the duration's about the time between her shots

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Holy poo poo Ana is fun. And almost every one of her skins is amazing. It's kinda chaotic when you're trying to shoot the enemy and your team keeps stepping in front of you though, or trying to shoot one teammate but another is in your way. But her kit is really interesting.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proposition Joe posted:

Ana Amari = The End
Widomaker = Sniper Wolf
McCree = Revolver Ocelot
Mercy = Naomi
Mei = Mei
Zary = Olga
D.Va = Paz
Soldier 76 = Big Boss
Hanzo = Johnny Sasaki

Genji is the cyberninja from MGS1 because he gets loving squashed by a tank, Winston is the bad guy from MGS3 because he shoots lightning, and Lucio can be the shagohod because Roadhog is Fatman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yeah, had a blast playing Ana in a chunk of quick play matches tonight. Nano boosting Reaper before he drops his ult (or any hero really) and putting enemies to sleep is hilarious.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
This new hyper version of the game with ult's firing off non stop and uber charged Heros is so much fun.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Am I crazy or are Ana's tracers and gunshots a little too quiet? I feel like I tracking her is going to be a loving nightmare. At least Widow has those giant fuckoff trails that point right back to her.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Unoriginal Name posted:

Am I crazy or are Ana's tracers and gunshots a little too quiet? I feel like I tracking her is going to be a loving nightmare. At least Widow has those giant fuckoff trails that point right back to her.

widow also does 120 damage on a bodyshot and 260 on a headshot, compared to ana's, uh, 80.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Does the nano boost also affect a Sym/Torb turret?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How does overwatch even work with Braille

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

FAUXTON posted:

Genji is the cyberninja from MGS1 because he gets loving squashed by a tank, Winston is the bad guy from MGS3 because he shoots lightning, and Lucio can be the shagohod because Roadhog is Fatman.

Zenyatta is The Fear on happy drugs.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Donnerberg posted:

Zenyatta is The Fear on happy drugs.

Zenyatta is Decoy Octopus.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Ana is Old Snake, you bakas

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
No, Zenyatta is a chill Psycho Mantis.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Ana is Old Snake, you bakas

No, she's Big Boss. Solder 76 is The Boss. Role reversal.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proposition Joe posted:

No, Zenyatta is a chill Psycho Mantis.

gently caress, that's who I was thinking of. Controller gimmick and all.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Shut up you stupid nerds

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Golem II posted:

Shut up you stupid nerds

Whoa there

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
God drat can any character swing the momentum of a match harder than Zarya? Thrice now I've joined the tail end of a losing match after someone rage quit, said gently caress it, I'll practice my Zarya, and somehow ended up grinding out a victory instead.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Serious question: What are teams supposed to do about Genjis anyway without warping their composition to bring that fucker down? Any time a good one is zipping around I get that "Junkrat fighting Pharah" feeling only so much worse. I'm usually playing Pharah, 76, Reaper, Junkrat, Reinhardt, Symmetra or Lucio. I know he has a harder time against Winston and Zarya but it's not always an option to swap for that.

I feel like most encounters (other than when I'm Symmetra) mimic my time in HotS against stealthies: "WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SEE THIS FUCKER"

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Verranicus posted:

I somehow went 4/5 in comp tonight, just queueing solo and picking one hero everyone hates or another and either just repeating "hello i am X main" or encouraging everyone just to have fun because winning isn't important. I think my lovely gimmick brings me good fortune or something.

EDIT: Reading this thread: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20746244493 is this an issue people actually have? My rig is getting on in years and the game runs buttery smooth at max settings. It's lagged literally once since I got it and it was because I was encoding a video in the background.

Once i was playing in solo queue so bad that after every game I was back to the main menu screen whilst it looked for a new match - so I would play the character on the main menu (they are random) led to an evening of hilarity and fun.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Serious question: What are teams supposed to do about Genjis anyway without warping their composition to bring that fucker down? Any time a good one is zipping around I get that "Junkrat fighting Pharah" feeling only so much worse. I'm usually playing Pharah, 76, Reaper, Junkrat, Reinhardt, Symmetra or Lucio. I know he has a harder time against Winston and Zarya but it's not always an option to swap for that.

I feel like most encounters (other than when I'm Symmetra) mimic my time in HotS against stealthies: "WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SEE THIS FUCKER"

Mei does a fine job of making Genji cool the gently caress down. Roadhog does a good job too if you aren't constantly missing with the hook/shot/melee combo. 76 can make quick work of the average Genji if you're not prone to just holding M1 down.

Also a clear announcement of "GENJI COMING AROUND THE LEFT/RIGHT/BACK/TOP" does wonders for coordinating a trap.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

genji isn't amazing at killing things in general so tanks are pretty good at shutting him down, at least if all you care about is the 1v1

I'd say winston is probably the best at taking him in a fair fight since genji can't deflect lighting, winston's jump has a shorter cooldown that the sword lunge, winston auto aims so tracking him isn't really a problem, and genji can't really damage race you. zarya is another option for shutting down deflects and roadhog can pluck him out of the sky into a free kill. genji can't kill d.va fast either and she can chase him down about as well as winston, tho she'll be eating the deflect

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
5 people leave from the other team on competitive and I lose a point. If I find these people that decided this poo poo, I'm gonna kill them.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Manatee Cannon posted:

genji isn't amazing at killing things in general so tanks are pretty good at shutting him down, at least if all you care about is the 1v1

I'd say winston is probably the best at taking him in a fair fight since genji can't deflect lighting, winston's jump has a shorter cooldown that the sword lunge, winston auto aims so tracking him isn't really a problem, and genji can't really damage race you. zarya is another option for shutting down deflects and roadhog can pluck him out of the sky into a free kill. genji can't kill d.va fast either and she can chase him down about as well as winston, tho she'll be eating the deflect

Comedy dva option of baiting the deflect with a burst and then boost-ramming him until the deflect finishes, then opening back up with the cannons.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NoDamage posted:

God drat can any character swing the momentum of a match harder than Zarya? Thrice now I've joined the tail end of a losing match after someone rage quit, said gently caress it, I'll practice my Zarya, and somehow ended up grinding out a victory instead.

Zarya's great for solo queue because you instantly make your other teammates better and if you are playing her right, the enemy team has to coordinate to take you down unless someone Ults you

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
can ana put a hot on someone who's full just before they take damage, or can you spam down a corridor with friendlies and enemies and eventually pierce all your healed allies to kill enemies

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

NoDamage posted:

Her right click can project heavy damage out a lot farther than a lot of people think and proper usage of the bubbles will turn her left click into a fucksaw forged in the hottest fires of hell. Her high proportion of shields to health means you can really make her last if you're smart about engaging and disengaging, but doesn't feed the enemy ult charge like all-HP tanks do.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Minrad posted:

can ana put a hot on someone who's full just before they take damage, or can you spam down a corridor with friendlies and enemies and eventually pierce all your healed allies to kill enemies

Yeah, full health allies will still block your shots. It won't prevent the HoT though, so you can shoot someone immediately before they take damage and it'll heal for whatever of the half second duration is left.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Unoriginal Name posted:

Ana has the trails too.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So has there been any word on different game modes being added in the future? CTF, team deathmatch, Free-for-All, etc?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

So has there been any word on different game modes being added in the future? CTF, team deathmatch, Free-for-All, etc?

idk how capture the flag would work if you can just go Lucio or Tracer or a flying character on maps, would be uneven. They've said deathmatch will never be a thing.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Really wouldn't mind TDM just so I can play whoever I want in casual mode without "UHH EXCUSE ME MY RANK IS SUCH AND SUCH AND YOU SHOULDN'T PICK HANZO"

Suck dick pubbies, I just wanna murk some dudes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Spudd posted:

Suck dick pubbies, I just wanna miss some dudes.

I noticed you said Hanzo.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

FAUXTON posted:

I noticed you said Hanzo.

Trust me I hate Hanzo as much as you but holy poo poo for some reason he clicks with me, no matter whoever's on my dick or in the distance. It was like in TF2, I was terrible at the Sniper then I got The Huntsman and just solo carried games.

But really it's casual who cares if someone is poo poo.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hanzo is fun to play but he sucks in a way that drags your whole team down

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Spudd posted:

Really wouldn't mind TDM just so I can play whoever I want in casual mode without "UHH EXCUSE ME MY RANK IS SUCH AND SUCH AND YOU SHOULDN'T PICK HANZO"

Suck dick pubbies, I just wanna murk some dudes.

Go to the groups tab in the social menu while in a match. I think it's bound to P by default. Click on the red and blue chat-bubbles. Then you can play [INSERT BAD PICK] without people yelling at you. The chat will stay muted until the next time you boot up Overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I have had success playing Hanzo on first point Dorado. Sonic for your team then make a break for the flank that takes you to the first cap point. People rarely expect flankers and they definitely do not expect a Hanzo to do anything other than snipe uselessly from the backlines. You can get a couple solid picks and it makes it a lot easier for your team to push up to the archway