Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That's the third divination card that can reward a headhunter I think? Doctor rewards a regular one, Fiend rewards a corrupted one, now this. Oh, I guess time lost artifact or whatever can reward one too (though will most likely not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's a nemesis item?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tai posted:

What's a nemesis item?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nemesis_league

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the one that counts is http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Headhunter

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
lol if you think you'll get headhunter off that card set. Bereks rings for days.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

That's the third divination card that can reward a headhunter I think? Doctor rewards a regular one, Fiend rewards a corrupted one, now this. Oh, I guess time lost artifact or whatever can reward one too (though will most likely not)

Jack in the box too

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

lol if you think you'll get headhunter off that card set. Bereks rings for days.

Congrats on your blood of the karui. Hope the cards were worth it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hauki posted:

Congrats on your blood of the karui. Hope the cards were worth it.

It will be that card set I don't sell and just hold onto until I can complete it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If i farm the cards myself they're free

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

I farm exp. Lol if you think I would farm specifically for this. My cards would just come from me having done the map it drops in for exp and it happens to drop.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just buy small stuff to keep myself interested, xp just comes and goes.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

TheRat posted:

Jack in the box too
just saying but I'm pretty sure Jack in the Box is incapable of giving anything that isn't a jewel or The Goddess Bound

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

This probably has more to do with Lightning Arrow 100% Pierce being really broken with Frost Wall than Doomfletch's Prism being overpowered (or a combination of both) but I just wanted to say I killed each phase of normal Izaro, normal Malachai, and every single act boss in Cruel last night with a single shot of Lightning Arrow.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

killstealing posted:

grrrrrr

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

This probably has more to do with Lightning Arrow 100% Pierce being really broken with Frost Wall than Doomfletch's Prism being overpowered (or a combination of both) but I just wanted to say I killed each phase of normal Izaro, normal Malachai, and every single act boss in Cruel last night with a single shot of Lightning Arrow.
Doomfletch's Prism is really goddamn strong on its own, especially with any good flat phys gear. It took until Merciless for me to stop reliably oneshotting rares with it (and if I had an Abyssus it probably could have lasted until maps). Combined with LA/FW...yeah, it's good.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Kinda want to remake my Doomfletcher as an Inquisitor. Having all that elemental damage ignore resists would be amazing.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
What's a good doom fletch build? My poison EQ jug is 90 now and I think it's time to reroll.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ckwiesr posted:

What's a good doom fletch build? My poison EQ jug is 90 now and I think it's time to reroll.

Inquisitor.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...B_3Mvjr_Ev8xf_e

Get the convert nodes to bow nodes jewel and enjoy free endurance charges and crit.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ckwiesr posted:

Inquisitor and Elementalist are both great. I ran it as a Pathfinder and it was also sweet. Inquisitor will probably have the highest overall damage output, Elementalist is good for not instakilling yourself on reflect (this happened distressingly often, though my resists needed beefing up), and Pathfinder is like a slightly weaker Inquisitor with some sweet flask augments (notably, one of the Pathfinder ascendancies and the node near the bottom give you a small but respectable amount of penetration, and you also start in bow central so you don't have to deal with leveling off-spec).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
All the new Div cards for 2.3.2

Can't wait to have literally none of them drop for me!

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Lots of speculation on what the new "stacked deck" currency does, but I haven't seen any that really make sense to me.

Anything that has to do with duplicating/replicating another card seems silly- otherwise we'd be swimming in mirrors/headhunters.

Same for increasing div card drop rate/etc.

One person suggested it could be used as the final card in a set (ex: can trade in a 4/5 set + 1 stacked deck), which seems somewhat plausible.

Anyone else have good ideas?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Better than average rolls on the rewarded item, if possible.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I think they should slow it down with all the new divination sets, uniques, and jewels they release with every patch.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Apple Craft posted:

I think they should slow it down with all the new divination sets, uniques, and jewels they release with every patch.

I think they should speed up

theshim
May 1, 2012

Kild posted:

I think they should speed up
And add more skills! With new and weird effects!

More!

It's a multiplier, so it'll be even faster!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I just want a lot more microtransactions. Everything in a mystery box so I don't even get to choose what I'm buying

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

I just want a lot more microtransactions. Everything in a mystery box so I don't even get to choose what I'm buying

Same. I get hard every time my box gives me the same item over and over.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

about_damn_time.jpg

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
finally I can see which messages are sent to whom

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Idiot can't copypaste from trade

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
I was thinking a stacked deck currency item would be a good imprint type item like the eternal orb but you imprint on a equipment type then add it to the map device and it influences the drop chances in the map of that type of equipment

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Also, I was exploring the idea of what I would do if I were to design an in game unique. I think a unique from a repeatable hidden recipe would be cool and I really wish Cast on Death was a useful gem beyond linking to portal and also useful in HC. So here's my idea:

A vendor recipe incorporating a leveled Cast on Death gem which produces a unique amulet called "%someone's% ahnk" (maybe piety fits thematically) and allows the wearer to resurrect at 50% hp if their life pool drops to 0; the amulet is consumed on use. Part of me thinks this needs additional drawbacks but maybe not.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
that'd be kinda lame imo, removing the risk from HC if you have enough money.

3 kinds of poe players

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

climboutonalimb posted:

Also, I was exploring the idea of what I would do if I were to design an in game unique. I think a unique from a repeatable hidden recipe would be cool and I really wish Cast on Death was a useful gem beyond linking to portal and also useful in HC. So here's my idea:

A vendor recipe incorporating a leveled Cast on Death gem which produces a unique amulet called "%someone's% ahnk" (maybe piety fits thematically) and allows the wearer to resurrect at 50% hp if their life pool drops to 0; the amulet is consumed on use. Part of me thinks this needs additional drawbacks but maybe not.

Amulets of Lifesaving are lame in Nethack and they'd be 100x more lame in PoE. A unique like that would literally be worn by every hardcore player without exception at all times no matter what, period. Not very good for diversity.

Also lol at saying "might need a drawback but nah probably not" to an item that would trivialise an entire game mode.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

killstealing posted:

that'd be kinda lame imo, removing the risk from HC if you have enough money.

3 kinds of poe players

Surprised funman didn't say "monkey>money"

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you could make it an antidying amulet with a No Experience Gain While Equipped mod, so ppl in hc can do funny poo poo without risk of dying, but the whole point of hardcore is that whatever you do comes with the risk of dying (and also items/currency leaving the league)

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Fair enough. I think giving a use to Cast on Death in HC is still an interesting idea ... no/reduced XP is actually an interesting drawback.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
it shouldnt even be reduced, it should be no xp or negative xp gain lol. imagine an item that lets zizeran keep on grinding maps, ripping every 10th one but still staying ahead

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
heck, give it 100% less item quantity so you cant dried lake farm with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

eh, based on the recent Q&A post, they have a queue of nearly 300 customer designed uniques. I don't really care that much ... just think it's an interesting thought experiment.

• Locked thread