Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Do mods change power rating? I haven't noticed and I dont have the energy to get a new mod to check. If they dont this is gonna be hell. There needs to be a way to view an arena teams composition and see their mods and stuff without it 'refreshing' your choices. Whenever I click on an individual member of a team and go back my opponent choices have been refreshed. Makes it a pain in the rear end to scout.

This also fucks up game knowledge things, where you are rewarded for playing by understanding things like 'my rey will definitely kill X enemy at Y health+protection' or whatever. Now heroes will randomly have a million more health & protection, or have something invisible like extra defense that means they survive with a sliver of health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I enjoy that galactic war difficulty has bumped up again

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Do mods change power rating? I haven't noticed and I dont have the energy to get a new mod to check. If they dont this is gonna be hell. There needs to be a way to view an arena teams composition and see their mods and stuff without it 'refreshing' your choices. Whenever I click on an individual member of a team and go back my opponent choices have been refreshed. Makes it a pain in the rear end to scout.

This also fucks up game knowledge things, where you are rewarded for playing by understanding things like 'my rey will definitely kill X enemy at Y health+protection' or whatever. Now heroes will randomly have a million more health & protection, or have something invisible like extra defense that means they survive with a sliver of health.

Mods have no effect on power, so yes, you can totally discard the "Gear, Level, Stars" approach to determining how strong an enemy character is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

Mods have no effect on power, so yes, you can totally discard the "Gear, Level, Stars" approach to determining how strong an enemy character is.

:bang:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Dr. Venture posted:

I cannot believe this update. The last node contained a super Rey. I checked her gear and she had all level 15 A mods. This is the second GW in a row I've failed to complete. They somehow made GW even worse than the state it was in yesterday.

gently caress this game. I am about this close to just playing Pokémon. What a disappointment.

Yeah, I had a node like that but luckily the rest of their team only had 1 or 2 maxed mods. I only beat it because RG kept Rey permastunned and Teebo stole her TM. This update is insane, I have no idea why they thought this would be ok. My RG has 40k hp and 60k protection.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
They updated after I spent all my cantina energy and refreshes so I'm going to be a day behind everyone else with mods. I need to get in the habit on blowing my load late at night instead of morning/afternoon. Between patches and events, it's screwed me more times than I can count.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I was looking forward to catching up n max level in the next month and getting some really great characters starred up and ready to really make a run for competitive play. Mods gently caress that, I guess. Now I'm torn between mods and star farming good cantina characters, and I won't be able to take the heat in GW or Arena, completely haunting any progress there. I bought a dooku pack and I want my $5 back.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Yeah.

Everything has mostly been said already, this is insane.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
My RG now has 100k hp and I saw a QGJ with 50k extra protection.

poo poo's mad yo!

edit: also I gave Rey +59 speed with one health mod. LOL

KingOfTheTramps fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 13, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

The image in the OP is a pretty good expression of what is going on.

Mods are dumb, QGJ with 28k Hp and 20k protection is dumb.

How do we tell the quality of a mod? Little 'pips' above them?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 13, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Note that the picture I posted is 93% crit on Aayla who stuns on basic attack crit.

The gently caress were they thinking with this poo poo, seriously....

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Note that the picture I posted is 93% crit on Aayla who stuns on basic attack crit.

The gently caress were they thinking with this poo poo, seriously....

I don't think they were. Likewise that you could stack Crit on Geno Solider - Lotta TM.

When can I sim GW and Arena? Let me sim everything.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 13, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Using nothing but lovely 1 pip mods I made Rey have about 5k more health, +10% crit chance, a boat load of crit damage and since they paired as sets that's on top of the +15% health/prot/def with one set doubling down on the prot. Her basic crit for 14-18k on average.

Fives also using a set of 1 pip wonders has +15% potency/health/prot along with a bunch of damage upgrades that basically doubles his damage. He now cries for 8kish and normals for about 4 and his slow sticks a lot more.

How bad are mods balanced you ask? I made Barris hit for 4k average with 8k crits and a hefty bonus to speed and crit chance. Again all done with lovely 1 pip mods just upgraded to 15.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

xyigx posted:

How bad are mods balanced you ask? I made Barris hit for 4k average with 8k crits and a hefty bonus to speed and crit chance. Again all done with lovely 1 pip mods just upgraded to 15.

See, this is a use of mods I can get behind.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Who can be broken the most with the Mod system?

Rey - The obvious one, her already incredible damage can be increased even further or she can be given absurd amounts of protection and HP.
Geno Solider - His special is TM on Crit, so stacking a ton of Crit chance on him would probably be a good idea.
Royal Guard - Super Tank, but I wonder if giving him more damage would work too? Or Potency.
Phasma - Stacking speed on her so she'll go quicker and be able to spam her turn ability, maybe?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I really think aoe is better than ever. Quintuple your offensive stats' effectiveness by hitting five people at once.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Phasma worse than ever, you don't even need advantage to have 100% crit anymore

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

See, this is a use of mods I can get behind.

Yeah it almost screams that the only way they could balance this is by having certain types or character being only able to equip x y and z mods while another gets 1 2 3. Otherwise we get one punch Rey, the immortal rg, and other soon to be seen things like all crit stacking aoe teams. Also this needs to effect power levels or give some indication in arena.

I don't know what they need to do but looking at what I have done with lovely mods so far, it is insane to think how much better these things must get. I would be all for limiting the types you could use by tag or type or something, just anything that prevents 100k + rg kind of Bullshit. If it could be limited to where fives could only mod for attack damage/speed/potency that would be cool and allow for lesser used toons to be used. But as it stands you just mod the current meta into the current meta. I mean what the gently caress else is going to kill the 100k/100k rg but the Rey doing 30k crits on her basic.

So odd the rest of the update is so good and then it's wrapped in the giant turd that is mods.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
On the official forums, some guy was able to solo a t7 raid. This is less than a day since mods came out.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
So, just to be sure how do i make a super rey after having completed all the mod table battles once?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

On the official forums, some guy was able to solo a t7 raid. This is less than a day since mods came out.

Recruiting him to GGA :getin:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Herux posted:

So, just to be sure how do i make a super rey after having completed all the mod table battles once?

From what I have been told, you run the highest tier of the health mod challenge hoping the primary stat of the mods that drop is anything offensive, then level them to 15. Super saiyan Rey at your service.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

From what I have been told, you run the highest tier of the health mod challenge hoping the primary stat of the mods that drop is anything offensive, then level them to 15. Super saiyan Rey at your service.

so spending a whole bunch of crystals on cantina energy today = good idea yea? because that is what i am doing.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Inkel posted:

Recruiting him to GGA :getin:

By this time next week, all guilds should be able to at least complete t7.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Herux posted:

so spending a whole bunch of crystals on cantina energy today = good idea yea? because that is what i am doing.

I'm having the same dilemma. I fully expect and hope that mods get nerfed into the ground, so I'm not sure if I should be spending a crap load of crystals trying to stock up on mods early.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don´t believe they are going to change anything. Btw the health challenge was just an example, for extra super super sayian Rey, if you have the right characters and unlocked them you could also run the crit chance/power/speed challenges and make her even more ridiculous.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

I spent 700 yesterday, and 700 today.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Is the critical avoidance stat useful at all? I've got a few 5* mods with that, but I have no idea what it actually means.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Inkel posted:

Is the critical avoidance stat useful at all? I've got a few 5* mods with that, but I have no idea what it actually means.

I think it's %chance to not be crit. I don't see why you would want it over any other stat.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I think it's %chance to not be crit. I don't see why you would want it over any other stat.

I figured as much, thanks. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some great stat that I wasn't aware of.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Inkel posted:

I figured as much, thanks. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some great stat that I wasn't aware of.

Well, if the meta becomes crit chance 88, Lando, GS, etc., it could be good I guess.

Also, once you have finished an attack, please check your damage. If you have done at least 300k, please don't attack again until 12 hours later. I think we will kill this thing WAY too fast otherwise, especially those of us who have over-modded our heroes.

It also may be about time to move a few people over to QGJ to help them get T7 rolling. If you put a speed set on Ewok Elder, and potency sets on QGJ and Teebo, you can probably solo P1.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 13, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
So i just slapped 5...5pip health mods onto rey and leveld em all to 15...she crits at 96% chance for 22k each time and has like 40k health...rofl. Just to make sure, as long as the primary was offense it doesn't really matter which ones i throw on her does it?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

not while you can get >100% crit chance. I assume it's a penalty to the attacker rather than a dodge-like effect chance to go off.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, I think I know how to break the meta. STH lead RG, Elder, Daka, Rey. Go spread the madness.

e: Give EE a speed set and a health set. Give him as much +% health and +% prot as possible. You just want him to move fast and survive.

Give RG and STH all health, prot, and defense.

Give Daka a lot of potency. Health is good too cause heals. Accuracy maybe avoids dodge, so also good (stuns).

Obv. Give rey all damage.

I fixed the OP.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 13, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Ok, I think I know how to break the meta. STH lead RG, Elder, Daka, Rey. Go spread the madness.

e: Give EE a speed set and a health set. Give him as much +% health and +% prot as possible. You just want him to move fast and survive.

Give RG and STH all health, prot, and defense.

Give Daka a lot of potency. Health is good too cause heals. Accuracy maybe avoids dodge, so also good (stuns).

Obv. Give rey all damage.

I fixed the OP.

amazing! can't wait for the end of the week to have a full arena team of bullshit modded assholes.

My 6star modded rey just did 616k dmg to rancor by herself on auto...Just saying when people really min/max it is going to be nuts.

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Mr. Neutron posted:

Are we looking for + X Offense or +x% Offense? I'd imagine a % would be better but not really sure.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

korofrog posted:

Are we looking for + X Offense or +x% Offense? I'd imagine a % would be better but not really sure.

I've only messed around with Protection 5* mods, but I'm assuming it'll be similar with most of the big stats.

Lvl 15 Protection: + 12065
Lvl 15 Protection %: + 96% (also has a secondary stat: +2014 protection)
My Rey's protection is now sitting at 49834

I don't have an Offense % mod, but my regular +Offense mod gave +765 at lvl 15

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Inkel posted:

I've only messed around with Protection 5* mods, but I'm assuming it'll be similar with most of the big stats.

Lvl 15 Protection: + 12065
Lvl 15 Protection %: + 96% (also has a secondary stat: +2014 protection)
My Rey's protection is now sitting at 49834

I don't have an Offense % mod, but my regular +Offense mod gave +765 at lvl 15

Looks like it'll be dependent on whatever your base value is.

For instance, I managed to get 3 5* mods for QGJ

Receiver has +94% protection & +1454 secondary protection
Holo-Array has +94% protection
Multiplexer has +12065 protection
Transmitter has +8% protection secondary stat.

My QGJ w/o mods has a base protection of 5441. So with the Receiver mod, I'd get a total of 12009 prot ((5441*1.94) + 1454). If I add the Holo-Array it becomes 17124 (12009 + (5441 * 94%)).

Looks like straight up +X would be better than +X%. Ultimately, if you could get +X as a primary and then +X% as a secondary that would be ideal.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

korofrog posted:

Looks like it'll be dependent on whatever your base value is.

For instance, I managed to get 3 5* mods for QGJ

Receiver has +94% protection & +1454 secondary protection
Holo-Array has +94% protection
Multiplexer has +12065 protection
Transmitter has +8% protection secondary stat.

My QGJ w/o mods has a base protection of 5441. So with the Receiver mod, I'd get a total of 12009 prot ((5441*1.94) + 1454). If I add the Holo-Array it becomes 17124 (12009 + (5441 * 94%)).

Looks like straight up +X would be better than +X%. Ultimately, if you could get +X as a primary and then +X% as a secondary that would be ideal.

RG gets a lot more than that much out of 94%, so yeah, highly dependent on base value.

I think Rey will get a lot more out of offense % than flat, which is unfortunate cause I maxed 3 flat ones last night (5* level 15).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Malgrin posted:

RG gets a lot more than that much out of 94%, so yeah, highly dependent on base value.

I think Rey will get a lot more out of offense % than flat, which is unfortunate cause I maxed 3 flat ones last night (5* level 15).

I think it all comes down to what mod you're putting in. If you've got 2 mods for the same slot but the primary for one is +X while the other is +X%, you'd have to compare it to see which one would be the best. In my case for QGJ, +12k protection would be way better than +94% which would only get me about just over 5k. Thankfully they were different slots so I didn't have to do a lot of comparison.

I'll swap the mods around to RG at some point but I think, if I mathed correctly, I'll be around 45.5k protection with 4 mods. I'll try to find better for him so maybe he can absorb any super rey damage in arena.

The harder part is going to find mods for my pig guard that'll give me +health, +protection, and +potency.