Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

I don't get these people. Seagulls have always been aggressive assholes, why is this suddenly news? There's nothing "ultra" about these gulls unless they're dropping rocks to smash windows or they've learned how to pick locks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

I don't get these people. Seagulls have always been aggressive assholes, why is this suddenly news? There's nothing "ultra" about these gulls unless they're dropping rocks to smash windows or they've learned how to pick locks.

I'm a former resident of Swansea and I can assure you that every time I go back to visit family or friends, the seagulls there have become larger, more aggressive and more cunning. I don't think the article is an exaggeration.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm a former resident of Swansea and I can assure you that every time I go back to visit family or friends, the seagulls there have become larger, more aggressive and more cunning. I don't think the article is an exaggeration.

I for one welcome our new bird overlords.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Gulltras.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
If they were as smart as crows, our cheeseburgers would be seriously hosed.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

Is it possible that it's another species of gull that has moved into the area? There's been a lot of odd bird migrations and relocations over the last few years. But it's also possible for the local species to get bigger/meaner too. Given how nasty they are to begin with, that's a scary thought.

dpbjinc posted:

If they were as smart as crows, our cheeseburgers would be seriously hosed.

If gulls were as smart as crows, it would be full-on death-by-seagull. They're already greedy and vicious; they just need the capacity to figure out how to murder humans and they would.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Karma Monkey posted:

Is it possible that it's another species of gull that has moved into the area? There's been a lot of odd bird migrations and relocations over the last few years. But it's also possible for the local species to get bigger/meaner too. Given how nasty they are to begin with, that's a scary thought.

If gulls were as smart as crows, it would be full-on death-by-seagull. They're already greedy and vicious; they just need the capacity to figure out how to murder humans and they would.

In my experience they've got great aim as well.

At least we don't have to worry about gangs of old ladies roaming the streets

yet

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uhhhh

e: oh ok just saw the second bullet point

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

uhhhh

e: oh ok just saw the second bullet point

Read that as a gull getting jailed for sexually assaulting a girl at first and now I'm mad that's not a thing

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aesop Poprock posted:

Read that as a gull getting jailed for sexually assaulting a girl at first and now I'm mad that's not a thing

Way to wish birdrape on a girl. :mad:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's alright man, it's just Zeus.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Solice Kirsk posted:

I for one welcome our new bird overlords.
I got probated in 2008 for saying this exact thing because it was a "catchphrase" :mad: Now I understand old people who ramble about how the times, they are a-changin'

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

syscall girl posted:

In my experience they've got great aim as well.

At least we don't have to worry about gangs of old ladies roaming the streets

yet

Alas, we do...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i25gZXQF2w&t=33s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think I've seen that anime.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

I think I've seen that anime.

Hatoful Boyfriend features no sex. Stop spreading lies pls

e:
Holocaust Museum: Please stop playing Pokémon Go here

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I got probated in 2008 for saying this exact thing because it was a "catchphrase" :mad: Now I understand old people who ramble about how the times, they are a-changin'

Hey man, I got probated for saying "it wouldn't have happened if that baby had a gun," in like 07 or 09. You're preaching to the choir.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hey man, I got probated for saying "it wouldn't have happened if that baby had a gun," in like 07 or 09. You're preaching to the choir.

It's funny how it used to be a probatable offense to use unoriginal/overdone phrases on these forums, I kind of miss it. Mods let anything slide now, bunch of cucks.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
More from https://twitter.com/HorribleSanity

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That first one is just a racist joke about Irish people. Ha, ha, it is hilarious that they are maimed and illiterate and cohabiting out of wedlock!

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

AlbieQuirky posted:

That first one is just a racist joke about Irish people. Ha, ha, it is hilarious that they are maimed and illiterate and cohabiting out of wedlock!

'Eh, the guy gives a source. That said since it's secondhand you're likely right.

https://twitter.com/HorribleSanity/status/743557649652846593

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I don't even know which on of those to react to first. That's some good quality stuff.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

#ImWithLarry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Luckily Larry is safe.

Thank God!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have it on good authority that mrs May will be promoting Larry to head up the Department of Justice in her new cabinet, while Michael Gove will be demoted to Chief Mouser to Cabinet Office.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

An update on the ULTRA SEAGULLS. Experts say it's only a matter of time before a seagull kills a baby.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Simon Prentis of the Gull Awareness Group

Lmao

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What can we as a people do to stop this seagull menace?!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I was humoring a date and went to a meeting of a local gull enthusiast club. They're like regular birdwatchers taken to 11.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

It's just that drat liberal media with their anti-gull agenda

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Would it really be a problem to just go in and kill every gull you see in the city/beach?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I was humoring a date and went to a meeting of a local gull enthusiast club. They're like regular birdwatchers taken to 11.

Why would you even bother being a gull enthusiast? They're extremely common. That's like being a birder whose only interest is sparrows.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Johnny Aztec posted:

Would it really be a problem to just go in and kill every gull you see in the city/beach?

Not if you give it a catchy name! A Killgullsnacht if you will.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Jul 13, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why would you even bother being a gull enthusiast? They're extremely common. That's like being a birder whose only interest is sparrows.

No, but you see, there are actually unique subspecies that like to travel with the more common ones, except it's not always easy to distinguish them from the ordinary ones, so you have to capture them in flight, and then look at specific wing patterns, and :words:

Also don't you talk poo poo about sparrows, they're awesome! :argh:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not if you give it a catchy name! A Killgullsnacht if you will.

Wargullkillsnacht.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Sparrows are cool as hell, and I could watch them hop around and peck the ground for hours. There's a nest of sparrows near a overhang of a window where I work, and it's basically the best thing that's ever happened here. There's also some house finches nearby, and they hang out together.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well soon you'll be able to watch a baby vs seagull deathmatch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

From the related articles on the baby murdering one: "Seagulls are protected by ancient religious laws". I'm not sure if the people who wrote those laws were anticipating ultra seagulls but that just leads to the second amendment assault rifle debate.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Sparrows are cool as hell, and I could watch them hop around and peck the ground for hours. There's a nest of sparrows near a overhang of a window where I work, and it's basically the best thing that's ever happened here. There's also some house finches nearby, and they hang out together.

Sparrows are great. :3:
Starlings, on the other hand, are total bastards. They can gently caress right off.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Karma Monkey posted:

Starlings, on the other hand, are total bastards. They can gently caress right off.

Why? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Karma Monkey posted:

Wrens are great, too. There's a pair that nest in a tree right outside my bedroom window, feasting on bugs attracted to the window at night.