Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Bud Manstrong posted:

I didn't watch - dammit - but how in the gently caress does the peloton let that happen with no other team pulling them back?

Crosswinds throughout the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Quintana et al better attack like crazy tomorrow or they are complete cowards

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bud Manstrong posted:

I didn't watch - dammit - but how in the gently caress does the peloton let that happen with no other team pulling them back?

Winds + Sagan

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bud Manstrong posted:

I think all the sprint teams just assumed they'd pull it back before the 1k mark like they usually do, but ignored how ridiculously strong that little group was

And Froome wasn't seriously contending Sagan for the final sprint, both of them had fairly obvious grins on their faces

e: really hope they don't cut the finish short tomorrow

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 13, 2016

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Ventoux finish cut, but not by much. Will be at Chalet Reynard, a few km from summit.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/marcelkittel/status/753256961085505536

wah wah the roads are so narrow you can win by superior positioning alone, plus it's weally windy waaah

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

carborexic posted:

Ventoux finish cut, but not by much. Will be at Chalet Reynard, a few km from summit.

This isn't really "not by much" considering its where the real teeth of the climb begins, sucks if true.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

carborexic posted:

This is the worst tour ever

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
6km off the top. Nice for the sprinters.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Chalet reynard is where the climb actually starts imo. I'm hearing they could still race to the top if the wind's die down in the morning though.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Froome was able to follow Sagan's break because they were both at the front at the time. He was going absolutely full gas to do so and almost didn't make the bridge of a couple seconds.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Chalet reynard is where the climb actually starts imo. I'm hearing they could still race to the top if the wind's die down in the morning though.

They loving better i have the day off

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Sorry mate its confirmed to be at Reynard now no matter what.

Also huge lol at Movistar having a big cry because they have a poo poo team and can't deal with crosswinds.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Sorry mate its confirmed to be at Reynard now no matter what.

Also huge lol at Movistar having a big cry because they have a poo poo team and can't deal with crosswinds.

Well looks like I'm going to spend my day sending abusive emails to the aso

Lol movistar can't handle cross wind, count down to teams lining the roads with giant fans.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

So does Froome

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
So one more win for Sagan to keep Tinkoff?

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

serious gaylord posted:

this has been happening 3 times in recent years right? you'd think they start training for them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

IndustrialApe posted:

this has been happening 3 times in recent years right? you'd think they start training for them.

Quintana lost the tour last year because Valverde wouldn't help him in the crosswinds and he lost almost exactly the time Froome ended up winning by.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
Valverde gonna Valverde.

Crystael
Mar 19, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

The bit up to Chalet Reynard is the hardest part of the climb in terms of gradient - it's about 10% for 8km. Should still be spectacular! If anything knowing there's a windy 6km after that would make everyone ride more conservatively, so it could end up being more exciting. Maybe.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Crystael posted:

The bit up to Chalet Reynard is the hardest part of the climb in terms of gradient - it's about 10% for 8km. Should still be spectacular! If anything knowing there's a windy 6km after that would make everyone ride more conservatively, so it could end up being more exciting. Maybe.

I agree with this. I have ridden it a few times, and always feel relieved upon passing the Chalet.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

New Secret Pro is up

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/the-secret-pro-at-the-2016-tour-de-france-sky-is-conserving-cav-is-back-and-squabbles-in-the-gruppetto/

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

I like that he singled out how Landa is nothing like he was last year.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah its funny that

Is there anyone from Astana who isn't noticeably worse this year?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Looks like they're quite happy for the break to win this today

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

Looks like they're quite happy for the break to win this today

Bet Movistar will be complaining about this after the stage.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Good breaks this year at least

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Aru getting a very sticky bottle there.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Gerrans just wiped out half of Sky

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ow

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I couldn't really tell if Movistar decided to neutralize when Froome dropped back or if they were just scared shitless of riding aggressively on that descent

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Race tracker doesn't know where Stannard is.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Bikes trampling riders and horses trampling spectators.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
Ventoux summit yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byKzVqiQ1g

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Classic attack from greipel

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm now fully backing "the Froomey" since all the other GC contenders appear to be giant pussies. It's a sad day, that's for sure.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Rolland with the retarded Europcar atta.... wait a minute :smith:

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Someone put the Tour on in the work kitchen 😍

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Valverde working for quintana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

Valverde working for quintana

That's just what he wants everyone to think