Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So who is the next champ riot is gonna inject into the rework list to hold further off on yorick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

azir

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think warwick has a rework coming at some point but they want to rework a bunch of assassins first lmao

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

exethan posted:

i think warwick has a rework coming at some point but they want to rework a bunch of assassins first lmao

warwick owns they better not touch woofman except unless they make him summon more wolves and also make them howl at diana

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

new sona feels bad

What feels bad about her? The damage off her q active is that significant?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

new sona feels bad

alternatively new sona feels cool and good

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

What feels bad about her? The damage off her q active is that significant?

They also replaced the neat Crescendo buff with an almost-not-really CD reduction on her auras. Buffs Faceroll Sona but makes One Punch Woman Sona a little less fun.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Neurolimal posted:

They also replaced the neat Crescendo buff with an almost-not-really CD reduction on her auras. Buffs Faceroll Sona but makes One Punch Woman Sona a little less fun.

Looking at the patch notes, and with the recent changes to talisman, I assumed midgame Sona was going to be an unkillable shitlord.

Talisman -> Athenes/Iceborn/Frozen Heart ->Spirit Visage

Second item would be heavily dependant on enemy comp, but you'd have 40cdr and be real hard to kill with W spam. Not the best build, but funny.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

CubeTheory posted:

Looking at the patch notes, and with the recent changes to talisman, I assumed midgame Sona was going to be an unkillable shitlord.

Second item would be heavily dependant on enemy comp, but you'd have 40cdr and be real hard to kill with W spam. Not the best build, but funny.

more than 40 cdr, because the cdr from her new R takes her over the cap.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Coca Koala posted:

more than 40 cdr, because the cdr from her new R takes her over the cap.

Her R cdr is base cooldown. It is unnaffected by the cap. I believe with 40 cdr and max R she has like 65% cdr.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

CubeTheory posted:

Sona is probably the best user of the Blue Dagger line in the game. Talisman is a waste on her.

Sona is a good user of Athene's but only if she can safely get it off repeatedly in fights, if there are big threats to her she's better off with traditional support active items like Mikael's/Locket.

Iceborn, Frozen Heart, and Spirit Visage are all bad items on supports generally, and extra bad on Sona specifically. They are items that are best paired with other high gold tank items for maximum synergy and supports never have a beefy enough core build to get the synergy between them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
what DO you build on sona these days

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Sona is probably the best user of the Blue Dagger line in the game. Talisman is a waste on her.

Sona is a good user of Athene's but only if she can safely get it off repeatedly in fights, if there are big threats to her she's better off with traditional support active items like Mikael's/Locket.

Iceborn, Frozen Heart, and Spirit Visage are all bad items on supports generally, and extra bad on Sona specifically. They are items that are best paired with other high gold tank items for maximum synergy and supports never have a beefy enough core build to get the synergy between them.

Hey its like you read my entire post except the part where I said the build was bad and just funny. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

CubeTheory posted:

Hey its like you read my entire post except the part where I said the build was bad and just funny. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Sorry, only Bond is allowed to suggest bad builds in this thread. It's in the rules. People are too impressionable.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Kashuno posted:

So who is the next champ riot is gonna inject into the rework list to hold further off on yorick?

*MAkes a big kappa face* ryze

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I hope Nunu is on the rework list, he hasn't kept pace very well with the updates, had a moment in the sun one or two years ago before being nerfed and forcing them to split the exp 50/50 on the smaller creeps in a camp so nunu doesn't deny level 2 forever, has since then been forgotten about and is probably one of the more boring champs to play aside from ulting in a bush.

That, and the visual/audio side of nunu is by far the worst one in the game, gotta play nunubot just to avoid listening to his default 10 lines on repeat forever.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Iceborn is legit on Sona if your botlane is snowballing out of control and you want to solo the other team's jungler

e: It's definitely better than Lichbane, holy lol at her champion.gg builds

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Sorry, only Bond is allowed to suggest bad builds in this thread. It's in the rules. People are too impressionable.

Alright, let me defend parts of it then. Frozen Heart is core support build on 7 out of the top 20 supports. Iceborn is interesting on Sona as a kiting item because you can have the proc up 100% of the time it's not on cooldown. Sona's new W has such a short cooldown when built out, and is doubly affected by both Windspeaker's Blessing and Runic Armor masteries, allowing for a large effective pool of health, allowing the flat protective stats of Talisman/Athene's/Iceborn/Frozen Heart to be much more effective. Athene's get's significantly more procs because you can play much more aggressively since you're able to take so many more hits.

I'm not gonna defend spirit visage though, that's probably not so hot :p

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Haven't paid much attention to support builds since the support patch, hows censer and grail been on the shield/heal spamming supports like karma/sona/janna/raka and the like?

Any of them turn into a break-away star with the new power on censer or karma being able to heal with her shields, or have the items just not caught on enough yet? I had to look up censer just to remind myself what it does now.

Or are they just too niche and get in the way of building the actually good items that can swing a game like locket mikaels and zekes?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Haven't paid much attention to support builds since the support patch, hows censer and grail been on the shield/heal spamming supports like karma/sona/janna/raka and the like?

Any of them turn into a break-away star with the new power on censer or karma being able to heal with her shields, or have the items just not caught on enough yet? I had to look up censer just to remind myself what it does now.

Or are they just too niche and get in the way of building the actually good items that can swing a game like locket mikaels and zekes?

Ardent Censer rush is pretty funny on Janna, if nothing else. Especially if you're laning with a Kog'Maw.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just finished a second game as new Sona and wow that poo poo is bonkers. If you get an ocean drake the game gets absolutely ridiculous

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

CubeTheory posted:

Alright, let me defend parts of it then. Frozen Heart is core support build on 7 out of the top 20 supports. Iceborn is interesting on Sona as a kiting item because you can have the proc up 100% of the time it's not on cooldown. Sona's new W has such a short cooldown when built out, and is doubly affected by both Windspeaker's Blessing and Runic Armor masteries, allowing for a large effective pool of health, allowing the flat protective stats of Talisman/Athene's/Iceborn/Frozen Heart to be much more effective. Athene's get's significantly more procs because you can play much more aggressively since you're able to take so many more hits.

I'm not gonna defend spirit visage though, that's probably not so hot :p

Frozen Heart is built way too frequently on supports. They don't have the requisite health pool to survive long skirmishes in order to make it's passive shine. It should be a supplementary item only for champions who build high health items and defense in every single other slot (i.e. Malphite). There's a glacial shroud based item that is excellent for supports and their ADCs and it's called Zeke's Harbinger and there's almost no instance (except maybe full anti-AD) where it's not a better choice than FH or IBG.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like ardent censer on Bard. It helps make his W a little more impactful in fights.

That said, I'm usually laning with someone that wants crits instead, and I have to buy zeke's.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Frozen Heart is built way too frequently on supports. They don't have the requisite health pool to survive long skirmishes in order to make it's passive shine. It should be a supplementary item only for champions who build high health items and defense in every single other slot (i.e. Malphite). There's a glacial shroud based item that is excellent for supports and their ADCs and it's called Zeke's Harbinger and there's almost no instance (except maybe full anti-AD) where it's not a better choice than FH or IBG.

This is kind of unrelated to our current dumb argument, but do you think Zeke's Harbinger is useful in low elo solo queue? I feel like people pretty much never play to the passive and it seems like such an important piece of the item.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
A lot of AD carries get 70-80% crit, making part of zekes kind of worthless

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

CubeTheory posted:

This is kind of unrelated to our current dumb argument, but do you think Zeke's Harbinger is useful in low elo solo queue? I feel like people pretty much never play to the passive and it seems like such an important piece of the item.

I build it all the time. It turns ADC into a god when it goes off and can single-handedly win team fights by accident. You don't have to play around it. When someone goes gold they just destroy poo poo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

henkman posted:

You can always just pop it on the mid laner in late game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

who are these lucker dog noobs getting over 50% crit in their adc builds

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also was there ever any chance that "but should i buy a good support item at low elo" was going to be asked. if your teammate is too stupid to take advantage of one of your items then you are too and its a madhouse and just buy the useful items.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

henkman posted:

It's still a damage increase in those situations, and the redirect active has such a low cooldown that if you're worried about MAX EFFICIENCY you could put it on a mage to stack rabadon or a bruiser who is less likely to have a shitload of crit (especially with the T-Force changes and Goatblade changes).

It really is an amazing item that should be built more often.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

who are these lucker dog noobs getting over 50% crit in their adc builds

http://champion.gg/champion/Ashe/ADC

http://champion.gg/champion/Jinx/ADC

http://champion.gg/champion/Sivir/ADC

http://champion.gg/champion/Caitlyn/ADC

Pretty everyone who doesn't build something weird first like ghostblade

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Even if it is only giving them 30% crit it's still putting them at 100% crit which is savage. When you Ricochet through an enemy team with 100% crit the game is pretty much over.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I do not like playing any of those ADCs. Well Ashe and Jinx are okay, but Sivir and Caitlyn are definitely the lucker dog noob ADCs.

edit: okay Caitlyn is all right too, truly nobody is on the lucker dog level of Sivir.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It gets built very little in high elo and never in pro play, and isn't in any of the top winrate support builds. Items sucks and is for idiots

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cait has been insanely fun since the ADC rework wave. Every trap shot is the most satisfying thing.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

warwick owns they better not touch woofman except unless they make him summon more wolves and also make them howl at diana

hire this man

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if you survive the first 10 minutes of the game with sivir you will probaly win. her ultimate helps out every single person on your team and you get a chance to use it every 50 seconds. excellent champion

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

henkman posted:

It gets built very little in high elo and never in pro play, and isn't in any of the top winrate support builds. Items sucks and is for idiots

Lolking says it has a ~60% win rate on almost every support who builds it in solo queue. I don't know if that matters

Thresh with:
Zeke's: 58% WR
Frozen Heart: 55% WR

Leona with:
Zeke's: 63% WR
Frozen Heart: 62% WR

Bard with:
Zeke's: 63% WR
Frozen Heart: 56% WR

Alistar with:
Zeke's: 55% WR
Frozen Heart: 55% WR

At the very least it breaks even while being 450g cheaper than Frozen Heart. Frozen Heart is more impactful the more melee you are and the more ancillary tank items you have, but for many supports that isn't an option, and for others it's only a situational one in heavy anti-AD builds.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

if you survive the first 10 minutes of the game with sivir you will probaly win. her ultimate helps out every single person on your team and you get a chance to use it every 50 seconds. excellent champion

I didn't say the scuttle crab is a bad champion, but I do not find her fun to play at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
but you can throw pizzas at people

• Locked thread