Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Hmm, yes, this seems like a normal and dignified thing for a head of state to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

The constitution's bill of rights is basically a response to everything george and hos governors did to circumvent and undermine colonial authority including the 2nd amendment

the king of england was a puppet by 1776, i don't know why americas get so fixated on the friggen king

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Rutibex posted:

the king of england was a puppet by 1776, i don't know why americas get so fixated on the friggen king

American is kust a Brit who would shoot he king

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RobattoJesus posted:

I like how Britain had ww1 against a foreign threat and said yeah guns loving suck, the US killed like an entire generation of its own men in a war with itself and thinks guns are loving awesome.

America is like a hilarious idiot child that you can't help but love.

lol

quote:

british royalty killed like 10 generations of its own people fighting meaningless petty wars and everyone still thinks the queen is loving awesome

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Only because he went mad. Not like Prinney was any better actually.

Hmmm, maybe Britain kept the King after Waterloo because they just didn't want to accept the French revolution.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Britain's darkest secret: They are mad jealous they didn't have a Napoleon

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Brits hate guns bc the loving things barely work in the rain.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

hemophilia posted:

BTW just letting you know the civil war happened because words had failed some people had onvested theor wealth into the ownership of people and would die to protect it so america had to shoot thinga (as usual :rolleyes:) after asking nicely failed.

That just makes it worse though. Half your country were legitimate bad guys and still you let them keep a house full of weapons.

Whereas we enacted the treaty of Versailles on our bad guys (ze Germans) and that worked out great...ish...

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Guns don't kill people, queens kill people

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Guns are bad monarchy is not a pproblem do not talk about the century long war between cadet branches of the most incestuous family in the history of man that ravaged the populations of two separate peoples they werent related to all w big knives

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ElGroucho posted:

Hmm, yes, this seems like a normal and dignified thing for a head of state to do

i know it's barbaric making her touch theresa may

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

kneel or you will be knelt :black101:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

Why does the queen carry a handbag? I thought royalty never carried around money or anything else. They have people that do it for them. Seriously, this woman has everything she needs at her beck and call and someone get to for her, what the hell?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Automatic Slim posted:

Why does the queen carry a handbag?

She has a gun in it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
burn the royal family alive, imho

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

Only because he went mad. Not like Prinney was any better actually.

Hmmm, maybe Britain kept the King after Waterloo because they just didn't want to accept the French revolution.

they kept the king because they didn't need to have a revolution. english parliament already took over a century before the dumb french got the idea. the english had the clever idea that instead of guillotining royalists they would just have a king who was essentially powerless.

that way everyone gets to pretend they won and life can go on without any revolutions

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Automatic Slim posted:

Why does the queen carry a handbag?
The ruling classes here hate the poor so much they are trying to make even their servants unemployed lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
£7.25 an hour for a flunkie? Not on one's life.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Everyone who I've ever know. Who has strong opinions about the queen has also coincidentally been a huge narcissist.

If British people found out they didn't need to bow to an old lady, society would break down and they would decide they don't need to respect queues either or say sorry all the time and before you know it Britain is mad max

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

asbo max

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

RobattoJesus posted:

She has a gun in it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RobattoJesus posted:

Everyone who I've ever know. Who has strong opinions about the queen has also coincidentally been a huge narcissist.

If British people found out they didn't need to bow to an old lady, society would break down and they would decide they don't need to respect queues either or say sorry all the time and before you know it Britain is mad max

actually, the one time they didn't have a monarch they went super authoritarian and banned christmas and pies. the british people need a paper queen to hold theoretical absolutist power, because otherwise their politicians would try and grab real absolutist power.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Have we brext yet?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

RobattoJesus posted:

I like how Britain had ww1 against a foreign threat and said yeah guns loving suck, the US killed like an entire generation of its own men in a war with itself and thinks guns are loving awesome.

America is like a hilarious idiot child that you can't help but love.

Bullshit, slowly banning guns in the UK wasn't some postwar pacifist schtick, it's because the powers that be were petrified of Bolshevism and class revolt so wanted to keep gun in the hands of wealthy foxhunters instead of grungy Welsh coal miners that might suddenly realize they were getting dicked over by The Man.

Gun control in Britain initially had nothing to do with lovey-dovey humanitarian values and a lot more to do with keeping the rabble in line, particularly after seeing popular uprisings elsewhere in Europe. It particularly annoys me when a Brits get all smug about how they're enlightened beyond owning guns, when instead it's just hoarding a monopoly of force to keep the proles under their thumb (Northern Ireland appears to have found a lot of loopholes).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ElGroucho posted:

Britain's darkest secret: They are mad jealous they didn't have a Napoleon

Cromwell came pretty close

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

come one grandman I know that weapon beter thant you

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Automatic Slim posted:

Why does the queen carry a handbag? I thought royalty never carried around money or anything else. They have people that do it for them. Seriously, this woman has everything she needs at her beck and call and someone get to for her, what the hell?

Yeah, you go tell a literal Queen she's doing it wrong.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
It's like "Your Royal Highness" doesn't mean anything anymore.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Long Live the Queen, imo.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Zahgaegun posted:

It's like "Your Royal Highness" doesn't mean anything anymore.

I'd like to see someone call her "Your Highness-ness" a la Han Solo

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Zahgaegun posted:

It isn't a question if right or wrong just why? Is there even anything in it? I bet it's empty.

Unless I've been misinformed that royalty don't actually carry money.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zahgaegun posted:

that isn't the queen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Automatic Slim posted:

It isn't a question if right or wrong just why? Is there even anything in it? I bet it's empty.

Unless I've been misinformed that royalty don't actually carry money.

shes doesn't need to carry money, she is the money.

the handbag has mints in it, because the queen has old lady breath

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Guys the Tories are going to help the gays, poors and blacks now. I think we're going to be okay :hfive:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

RobattoJesus posted:

That just makes it worse though. Half your country were legitimate bad guys and still you let them keep a house full of weapons.

Whereas we enacted the treaty of Versailles on our bad guys (ze Germans) and that worked out great...ish...

If we didn't let them keep weapons they wouldn't have been able to defend their property(from walking right off the plantation).

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The mistake was in letting humans be property, not in letting guns be held.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hemophilia posted:

The mistake was in letting humans be property, not in letting guns be held.

The former doesn't happen without the latter.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Chichevache posted:

The former doesn't happen without the latter.

Lol what

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
You know what sucks about the Queen? It's having her as your head of state when she's not even living in it.

Which makes me wonder: does UK's royalty automatically get citizenship for all the commonwealth nations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A minority white population didn't keep slaves by using a firm voice and snapping their fingers. They used guns.

And knives.

• Locked thread