Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

AKMoose posted:

Flour can use any kind of nuts--no one yet has mentioned pumpkin seeds, chestnuts, or acorns. I don't know if this makes a huge difference on the XP gains, but it's not as if you have to grind pine just to get flour.

Please don't use pumpkin seeds for flour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Please don't use pumpkin seeds for flour

And if you decide to use Sunflower seeds, please leave a molehill of them so someone can decide to plant some at some point.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

It sounds like a project may be coming together in the Guild chat. Is there a spreadsheet link we can share? I'll finish up my current animal hide power leveling run for tailoring tomorrowish and then can help where I have skills. It sounded like an alchemy thing and I still have 0 experience in it ever :)

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Trying this out: WyreSkeleton.

Time to chop some logs.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

tolaziforname posted:

Time to chop some logs.

You are doing God's work, my friend.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
In as Spyde if I could get an invite.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

tolaziforname posted:

Time to chop some logs.

Spyde posted:

In as Spyde if I could get an invite.

Invites sent. Press butan.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
We've got our first visitor, Altoscholto, who will be with us for a week or 2 I think. Be nice and maybe watch the language (that's going to be hard for me, too).

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I want to chop things: muse

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Coffeehitler posted:

We've got our first visitor, Altoscholto, who will be with us for a week or 2 I think. Be nice and maybe watch the language (that's going to be hard for me, too).

Why is he visiting?

Eshomlod
Oct 10, 2012
In as Eshomlod

Still learning the ropes

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

neogeo0823 posted:

Why is he visiting?

No idea but he's been really nice about it so far and seems eager to help (in exchange for access to our shitposts in guild forums and random IT/programming guild chatter i guess).

The sad reality is that we are probably the funnest guild to be in.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Have you seen the other guilds? drat right we're the funnest guild to be in when compared to that gaggle of inbred sociopaths and creepers.

But as long as it's not for stupid reasons, then whatever, the pubby's cool in my book.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Alto's here to help with getting a bunch of stuff cooked/other project work since he's high level afaik? He's one of the nice ones that hasn't got us all on block though so let's aim to keep it that way :D

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
He chats a lot too. He says he prefers to stay out of guilds because reasons but maybe he does these visitor things because he's lonely. Still, he' less broken than a lot of the player base so win I suppose.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream
Hello! Could houtens get an invite please?

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Playing as bmoonSA and chopping trees. Can I get an invite?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Invites out for you two above

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
We're pretty low on ginseng and red mushrooms (I turned them into sewing potions). Mystic mortar/pestle are also low.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Alto just paid for his visit:

21:05:38 Altoscholto added 50,000 Snake Meat to Tropical Storage.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I'm doing ginseng and mushrooms, but they're most likely going to end up as woodland/fish potions

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm doing ginseng and mushrooms, but they're most likely going to end up as woodland/fish potions

Once I get to 22 I'll gladly leave them to you.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Guess I should make some sort of post on this project, this'll have to do until I can get a more detailed writeup together.

PROJECT MANA SPLURGE for lack of a better name

Probably way out of date spreadsheet

Goal: Get lots of mana foods and help get people up to the magic breakpoints (5, 15, 30) faster.

Step 1: Lots of potions (see spreadsheet). Woodland potions for spotted treefrogs; fish finding potions for purple snails/sea urchins. Gem potions because we only need blue mushrooms for the other two, so we'll have loads of extra red mushrooms.

Things we need: Ginseng, Lavender, Mandrake, Red and Blue mushrooms. Parchment, logs, bottles, water. Crush all those things in the first list. Then make potions.

Once we have 10k of each potion made we'll move on to step 2: actually gathering the mana stuff. Then step 3 is cooking the mana foods, and step 4 is eating them.

This has been designed so people of all levels can contribute. Best ways to help right now are to hike in DF and gather mushrooms.

There are some side projects that higher levels can contribute to: mining white sand and chopping heartwood for the better bottle recipe; chopping larch (with potions on) for larch leaves (which go into northern salads); stingrays, stingray skins, and kites for lightning catching.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ratzap posted:

Once I get to 22 I'll gladly leave them to you.

As in see

Roflex posted:

Guess I should make some sort of post on this project, this'll have to do until I can get a more detailed writeup together.

PROJECT MANA SPLURGE for lack of a better name

Probably way out of date spreadsheet

Goal: Get lots of mana foods and help get people up to the magic breakpoints (5, 15, 30) faster.

Step 1: Lots of potions (see spreadsheet). Woodland potions for spotted treefrogs; fish finding potions for purple snails/sea urchins. Gem potions because we only need blue mushrooms for the other two, so we'll have loads of extra red mushrooms.

Things we need: Ginseng, Lavender, Mandrake, Red and Blue mushrooms. Parchment, logs, bottles, water. Crush all those things in the first list. Then make potions.

Once we have 10k of each potion made we'll move on to step 2: actually gathering the mana stuff. Then step 3 is cooking the mana foods, and step 4 is eating them.

This has been designed so people of all levels can contribute. Best ways to help right now are to hike in DF and gather mushrooms.

There are some side projects that higher levels can contribute to: mining white sand and chopping heartwood for the better bottle recipe; chopping larch (with potions on) for larch leaves (which go into northern salads); stingrays, stingray skins, and kites for lightning catching.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Hey, I was helping making hundreds of woodland and fish potions and I didn't even know it.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Would love an invite as well here. In as Mayor.

I might be addicted to idle games.

Edit: Thanks! VVVV

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 14, 2016

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Invited.

In other news I think we're going to spin up a temporary storage (in AB) for the mana project, just to keep the stocks separate from the general use stuff (and make tracking easier).

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For PROJECT MANA SPLURGE am I being helpful if I continue to chop bamboo and rack up frogs, or should I go hike through DF

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Both! Or either! Bamboo is useful as a "log" which we can use for parchment or brewing potions, although if you can do palm that's better timer even if lower log drops, plus palm leaves are kinda worth something.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh god yes

Finally we need/want palm more than bamboo

MY TIME HAS COME

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Larch it is for me.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If anyone has access to my (Meowth) extensions and wants to turn them into herbs used by the mana project, feel free.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I've used something like 5000 larch logs in the past 24 hours so yeah more larch is good

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Horking Delight posted:

If anyone has access to my (Meowth) extensions and wants to turn them into herbs used by the mana project, feel free.

I'm in the middle of this right now

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
In as Dropbear, toss me an invite if you still have space for a new guy completely lost in this thing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dropbear posted:

In as Dropbear, toss me an invite if you still have space for a new guy completely lost in this thing.

sent

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
About Smilies in Amar, i wanted to have :toot: in there...

17:13:31 From Grumpy : was it created by you or another player?
17:13:56 To Grumpy : it's a smilie from a forum i visit
17:14:37 To Grumpy : i can't tell you about the original creator but no one has been sued yet as far as i know
17:15:37 To Grumpy : if this isn't good enough i understand of course, no one need a lawsuit about a stupid smilie
17:17:23 From Grumpy : well, no, it's just that I only accept emotes that are created by players for the game
17:17:51 From Grumpy : has nothing to do with lawsuits or anything like that
7:23:45 To Grumpy : sooooo, was that a yes or no from you? ;)
17:24:02 From Grumpy : still a no unfortunately
17:24:53 To Grumpy : oh
17:25:45 To Grumpy : any specific reason?
17:26:45 To Grumpy : sorry, you told me the reason
17:27:00 To Grumpy : i got confused by chat colours
17:28:27 From Grumpy : no worries

17:29:44 To Grumpy : be prepared to be bombed by 0.5 submissions per month from our guild with original smilies!
17:30:28 From Grumpy : :P

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 14, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

RabbitWizard posted:

About Smilies in Amar, i wanted to have :toot: in there...

17:13:31 From Grumpy : was it created by you or another player?
17:13:56 To Grumpy : it's a smilie from a forum i visit
17:14:37 To Grumpy : i can't tell you about the original creator but no one has been sued yet as far as i know
17:15:37 To Grumpy : if this isn't good enough i understand of course, no one need a lawsuit about a stupid smilie
17:17:23 From Grumpy : well, no, it's just that I only accept emotes that are created by players for the game
17:17:51 From Grumpy : has nothing to do with lawsuits or anything like that
7:23:45 To Grumpy : sooooo, was that a yes or no from you? ;)
17:24:02 From Grumpy : still a no unfortunately
17:24:53 To Grumpy : oh
17:25:45 To Grumpy : any specific reason?
17:26:45 To Grumpy : sorry, you told me the reason
17:27:00 To Grumpy : i got confused by chat colours
17:28:27 From Grumpy : no worries

17:29:44 To Grumpy : be prepared to be bombed by 0.5 submissions per month from our guild with original smilies!
17:30:28 From Grumpy : :P

Yeah Xerol made a :birdtoot: at one point don't know if he ever gave it to grumpy

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Just signed up, username: Locke
This looks like exactly what I need to waste my time with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

L0cke17 posted:

Just signed up, username: Locke
This looks like exactly what I need to waste my time with!

You have an invite waiting :)