Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Lol I just remembered Quiet stabbing that dude in the dick like ten times. Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Lol I just remembered Quiet stabbing that dude in the dick like ten times. Jesus Christ

That part was epic doe.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

the most epic part of the entire mgs series tho is in mgs2 when the navy seal shoots a grenade at 4chan and says "a dud!"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

the most epic part of the entire mgs series tho is in mgs2 when the navy seal shoots a grenade at 4chan and says "a dud!"

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought keeping quiet was mandatory but i did her extreme boss fight, on the ending cutscene i was just mashing the fire button and I abruptly cut off Kaz and Ocelot debating her fate with blowing her chest open

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its cool that dropping stuff on her to beat her wasnt an oversight because she will dodge the supply drops in extreme, the devs just left it in as a secret way to KO her

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Legendary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXgsXF0auQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
somethign clicked and i think peace walker is really cool now

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I missed a hostage somewhere in Metal Gear 1, so Jennifer now won't talk to me and I can't get the rocket launcher. I'm not sure I wanna spend my time backtracking looking for POWs when I could be playing MG2 or MGS1.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Metal Gear 2 is fuckin hard

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

mycophobia posted:

Metal Gear 2 is fuckin hard

Yeah it fuckin is. The worst part is the swamp where you have to follow the tiny invisible path or sink to your death

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought keeping quiet was mandatory but i did her extreme boss fight, on the ending cutscene i was just mashing the fire button and I abruptly cut off Kaz and Ocelot debating her fate with blowing her chest open
Nah you can always decide to kill her she'll just disappear and you'll have to wait until later and redo the mission to get her on MB.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hot drat I forgot it was July. Ti me to game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Not sure what they did in the last few patches but my heroism is still over half a million but my venom is perpetually covered in blood

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Finished Metal Gear 1 now moving onto 2... I remember liking this a lot when I played it a couple years back. I'm playing it on the HD collection, I like the tighter controls but not sure about the new portraits. Everybody looks like they're carved out of rock

The intro and most of the OST is insanely cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcqLrvIZko

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Benny D posted:

Not sure what they did in the last few patches but my heroism is still over half a million but my venom is perpetually covered in blood

It's just yet another brilliant decision in themasterpiece that is MEtal gear solid 5. Enjoy!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

It's just yet another brilliant decision in themasterpiece that is MEtal gear solid 5. Enjoy!

Lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Benny D posted:

Destroy your nuke you idiot.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Some cool Metal Gear 2 hi res cover art + Magazine ads

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Neat

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Destroy your nuke you idiot.

It was never like that before you idiot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ZDR please give us FYAD's MGS theme in honor of Metal Gear July.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

It was never like that before you idiot

I thought if you ever made a nuke you got perma bloodied

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Good Metal Gear 2 quotes:

Master Miller: When faced with a difficult task, just tell yourself, I can do it, and do it. Imagine how happy you'll be when you succeed. Don't picture the GAME OVER screen, even if you make a mistake. Keep your spirits high, and use the power of positive thinking. ...Over and out.

Master Miller: Cheese, huh... You probably already know this, but the B3 ration has cheese in it. Just the thing to attract rats, don't you think? By the way, I know a restaurant that serves a killer cheese fondue... I'll have to take you there sometime...Over and out.

Master Miller: When replenishing your fluids, you shouldn't drink any more than 100 cc's at a time. When it absorb's fluids, your body burns an amount of energy equal to the temperature difference between your body and the fluid. That's because it has to raise the fluid's temperature to match your body's temperature. It also makes your blood thinner, slowing your brain functions. So don't drink too much soda while you're playing...Over and out.

Jacobsen: Well, that sounds like the highly poisonous Zanzibar hamster. There are 1,183 mice in the world. Hamsters are rodents, belonging to the mouse family. They grow to be about 25 to 28cm long, and are found across northern Eurasia, and in Iraq. That variety was probably bred to be a house pet. House mice are very cautious creatures. They won't come out of their nest with humans around. Their favorite food is cheese... That's it! Cheese! You can use cheese as bait! Do you have any on you? Too bad you're not here. I just ordered a pizza myself...Over and out.

Kasler: OK, OK... but this is only a rumor, understand? Three years ago, when Outer Heaven fell, Big Boss was seriously wounded. He almost died... He lost both hands, both feet, his right eye, and his right ear. But somehow... he survived. Then an Eastern bloc despot took an interest in him. Probably couldn't resist getting his hands on a soldier of Big Boss's caliber. They decided to use Big Boss as a guinea pig in Madnar's snatcher project. I don't know the details, but apparently it involved turning him into a cyborg. Now he's half man and half machine. Hard to believe, I know. But if it is true, Snake, you're way out of your league. None of your current techniques is[sic] going to so much as put a scratch on him. Snake... give it up... There's no way you can win this time... Over and out.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Snake: I'm not like you! I love life!

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Metal Gear 2 results:
Difficulty: Original
Play time: 5:36:11
Save: 6
Continue: 13
Alert Mode: 136
Humans killed: 400
Ration used: 27
Special item: Not used

Code name: ZEBRA

Metal Gear 2 is a cool game but the amount of backtracking you have to do really blows. I started getting super careless and shooting my way through everything in the last quarter to keep it somewhat engaging, hence my huge body and alert counts... Otherwise, it's a huge step up from MG1 and creates most of the template MGS1-3 closely follows.

It's pretty crazy to fight and kill Big Boss, now with all this context of the other games. The speech he gives before he fights you is basically the same thing The Boss says to him at the end of MGS3.

Up next is Metal Gear Solid. I'm definitely ready for the generation jump. It'll be interesting to approach it with the originals still fresh in mind. Still trying to decide whether to play my PS1 copy or Integral for the first person mode.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

ZDR please give us FYAD's MGS theme in honor of Metal Gear July.

i like the one it has already

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah no asshat trolls either

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

am i trippen or did this post used to say something else

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

beepstreet posted:

Metal Gear 2 results:
Difficulty: Original
Play time: 5:36:11
Save: 6
Continue: 13
Alert Mode: 136
Humans killed: 400
Ration used: 27
Special item: Not used

Code name: ZEBRA

Metal Gear 2 is a cool game but the amount of backtracking you have to do really blows. I started getting super careless and shooting my way through everything in the last quarter to keep it somewhat engaging, hence my huge body and alert counts... Otherwise, it's a huge step up from MG1 and creates most of the template MGS1-3 closely follows.

It's pretty crazy to fight and kill Big Boss, now with all this context of the other games. The speech he gives before he fights you is basically the same thing The Boss says to him at the end of MGS3.

Up next is Metal Gear Solid. I'm definitely ready for the generation jump. It'll be interesting to approach it with the originals still fresh in mind. Still trying to decide whether to play my PS1 copy or Integral for the first person mode.

Isn't big boss in MG2 Venom now?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

Isn't big boss in MG2 Venom now?

No, it's really Big Boss. It's Venom who you take out in Metal Gear 1 (with several missiles to the face)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

beepstreet posted:

No, it's really Big Boss. It's Venom who you take out in Metal Gear 1 (with several missiles to the face)

Uh but in MG2 he is cybernetic ect and you burn him to death, wouldn't that be venom because in 4 BB is normal?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

It's actually Cherto Chungus

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXV0dX6xUGg
From the Metal Gear Solid V ending timeline:

"1995: The Outer Heaven Uprising occurs, but it is quashed Solid Snake, who kills Big Boss's phantom.

1999: Zanzibar Land Disturbance. Solid Snake kills Big Boss, but the Patriots revive him and hide his comatose body."

The thing Kasler says about Big Boss being a cyborg in Metal Gear 2 is mostly just a reference to Snatcher. Venom hadn't been retconned into Outer Heaven as the fake BB at that point, so it was also an explanation to how Big Boss could have survived the end of MG1. But it's not a total retcon, because as Kasler says, it's a rumor... Given that Venom was helping grow BB's legacy as a dude with a big metal robot hand, that too could have been passed around as a rumor which grew into Big Boss supposedly being a cyborg - just another part of the legend. Big Boss at the end of MGS4 has Liquid and Solidus's leftover body parts to make him look normal again.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

beepstreet posted:

Big Boss at the end of MGS4 has Liquid and Solidus's leftover body parts to make him look normal again.
I don't believe this, because we've already seen what happens when you stick Liquid's body parts on someone.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So unless there was a hidden ending to MGS4 where it cuts from Snake putting a gun in his mouth to Big Boss putting finger guns in his mouth, I don't buy it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't believe this, because we've already seen what happens when you stick Liquid's body parts on someone.

I'm pretty sure they clearly explained in 4 that ocelot faked the whole possession thing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

According to the Internet ocelot underwent hypnotic suggestion therapy to make himself think he was possessed by liquid so part of him could break free of the patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Benny D posted:

I'm pretty sure they clearly explained in 4 that ocelot faked the whole possession thing
Here's what a quick Google search told me:

quote:

It is unlawful for a person to possess any Class I Wildlife unless the animal was in possession prior to August 1, 1980. Class I Wildlife includes, but is not limited to the following: chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans, baboons, leopards, jaguars, tigers, lions, bears, elephants, crocodiles, etc. Persons may possess Class II Wildlife if he or she obtains a permit from the Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission. Class II Wildlife includes, but is not limited to the following: howler and guereza monkeys, macaques, cougars, bobcats, cheetahs, ocelots, servals, coyotes, wolves, hyenas, alligators, etc. All other wildlife in personal possession not defined as Class I or II Wildlife must obtain a no-cost permit. In addition, FL has promulgated regulations governing possession of Class II and III animals (caging requirements, etc.). In 2010, Florida passed state regulations prohibiting importation, sale, use and release of non-native species. The regulations include a ban on capturing, keeping, possessing, transporting or exhibiting venomous reptiles or reptiles of concern (listed python species, Green Anaconda, Nile monitor and other reptiles designated by the commission as a conditional or prohibited species.) Persons who hold pre-July 1, 2010, permits for these species may legally possess the species for the remainder of the reptile's life. Traveling wildlife exhibitors who are licensed or registered under the United States Animal Welfare Act and licensed zoos are exempted.

• Locked thread