Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Live Improv4Humans on the Earwolf YouTube at 1:30 PT. They did one last week on Facebook too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's...now, right?

Earwolf needs to do a better job advertising these things, I would've had no idea if I wasn't following this thread

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That should be now, right? I'm not seeing anything on the iOS app...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, couldn't they push through a quick 30 second notice into the podcast feed so the majority of their listeners would be aware?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, I'm on their yt right now and there is nothing there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The twitter page mentioned going like 30 minutes ago for 130pt but maybe was a timed tweet and everyone's forgotten or something. How hard is it to have the live feed at least running even if it's just a logo dump saying they'll be starting soon.

E: finally video. No audio. And buffering. Top notch technical job by Earwolf as usual.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Streaming now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRFC_Qwmys

e: Horrible audio. Shocking.

e2: Audio fixed.

e3: Video shudders to a stop every 10-15 seconds. Jesus.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 12, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it sounds like the only live mic is the one facing the camera. Oh I think it just kicked in properly, hopefully that's the end of the clicking too.

I feel bad for moaning about free stuff...

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

EL BROMANCE posted:

The twitter page mentioned going like 30 minutes ago for 130pt but maybe was a timed tweet and everyone's forgotten or something. How hard is it to have the live feed at least running even if it's just a logo dump saying they'll be starting soon.

E: finally video. No audio. And buffering. Top notch technical job by Earwolf as usual.
hmmmm maybe they're not promoting it widely because they want to work the kinks out with a smaller amount of people watching before they tell everyone i dunno

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love that they're streaming video again for I4H. I just hope they can get their technical poo poo together, because I had to eventually turn that off after it shuddered to a stop every 10-15 seconds. Just a bandwidth issue on Earwolf's end, I guess? It was happening last week a bit but wasn't nearly as bad.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 12, 2016

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I think it's gotta be Earwolf's upload, because across FB live and Youtube it was kinda unwatchable.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Woo new PSR and I am completely down with the way they chose to work around such a minor detail as the season being over.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This was the funniest Hollywood Handbook in a while.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
They seem to start testing the stream 1-2 minutes before starting the show. I'm guessing since their studios are probably on a very tight schedule to manage all the shows, but it really doesn't leave a lot of leeway to to get it working before starting the show.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I could listen to a whole show of Sean, Hayes, and PFT doing ad reads.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I could listen to a whole show of Sean, Hayes, and PFT doing ad reads.

:agreed:

Also, I hope those cameoes mean that PFT is on an upcoming episode proper.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Spalding Gray monologues are the most underrated thing on Howl.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I don't even listen to 4 Hour Work Week and Sean's riff on the host still ruined me.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hardcore Game of Thrones is underrated. I think Howl billing it as a 'parody' is a little misleading. It is a pastiche or 'genre parody.' Aside from maybe one or two slightly over the top metaphors in its total ~18 hours, it is a completely serious look at the political history of that world. Well worth the cost of admission.

HGoT is a little out of place amongst all the other comedy-related content, but I hope there is a follow up or similarly-toned series on Howl at some point.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
If you're a fan of the books it's actually super helpful and interesting. And the host Alex Berg is super funny and doesn't get nearly enough recognition. If you're in LA, you should definitely go see him in Convoy, which I think is the best improv group at the UCB.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
It is Extremely Good that they got into Scott Adams on HH. He is a top 10 hilarious crazy guy of '16 for sure.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/146361457021/the-humiliation-of-the-american-male-in-2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
dilbert guy is great. he came up with the term "linguistic killshot" to describe how he shuts down feminazis.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

wafflesnsegways posted:

If you're a fan of the books it's actually super helpful and interesting. And the host Alex Berg is super funny and doesn't get nearly enough recognition. If you're in LA, you should definitely go see him in Convoy, which I think is the best improv group at the UCB.

I got to talk to him after a show at the Del Close Marathon, and yeah he's very funny and a nice guy. Super humble about HCGoT and insisted on giving most of the credit to Jason Greene. It took them a huge amount of time to make it and they're not sure about doing more.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Crindee posted:

Woo new PSR and I am completely down with the way they chose to work around such a minor detail as the season being over.

I am so glad they decided to do this, it fits the asthetic of the show perfectly. Hole names are the new ref names

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's pretty jarring to hear Matt do commentary for a game where he knows the actual terms though. Also I'm pretty sure he ate something besides candy before they started.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Matt gourley told Amanda Lund they were going mini golfing and she somehow thought that meant they were going bowling.

You could probably replace June with her on HDTGM and not lose too much.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

ArtVandelay posted:

Matt gourley told Amanda Lund they were going mini golfing and she somehow thought that meant they were going bowling.

You could probably replace June with her on HDTGM and not lose too much.

I mean, they're both low stakes sport-adjacent leisure activities

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope it turns into a tournament. I need some brackets.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just saw that Katie Couric is going to have an Earwolf podcast now :confused: That gives them four politics-related shows (Hard Nation, Fake the Nation, Katie Couric & David Gregory). I'm interested to see what happens with the comedy ones after the election season is over since interest in politics usually drops off a cliff until the next presidential cycle.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hard Nation is a comedy podcast and is super good

e: oh my bad, I think I misread your post

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Has anyone given a listen to Fake the Nation. It seemed terrible from the trailers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Help Im Alive posted:

Hard Nation is a comedy podcast and is super good

e: oh my bad, I think I misread your post

The Carly Fiorina one the other week was awesome. I swear that'll be the lasting memory for some people of her.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hard Nation has been diminishing in quality IMO. Loved it when it started, but two months in it's clear Paul Welsh's liberal Hard is basically the straight man to the conservative Hard's crazy persona of a guy in the mentions of a Trump tweet.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Pete Hard is pretty cartoonishly liberal what with his chicken time share, his not watching TV or movies. I'd say he gets to be crazy when they have the liberal guests.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Fezz posted:

Pete Hard is pretty cartoonishly liberal what with his chicken time share, his not watching TV or movies. I'd say he gets to be crazy when they have the liberal guests.

Let's not forget the aliens who listen to Dave Matthews and this week he became suicidal at the prospect of global warming not being real.
But to be fair he's more straight than Mark. The show is still one of my new favorites.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Got so nervous on the new PSR when they ran into the gang of youths. They got themselves out admirably.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can someone who's listened to the new hour long episode of yo is this racist please let me know if pokemon go is racist

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

Can someone who's listened to the new hour long episode of yo is this racist please let me know if pokemon go is racist
This was answered as of the 7th.

https://medium.com/mobile-lifestyle/warning-pokemon-go-is-a-death-sentence-if-you-are-a-black-man-acacb4bdae7f#.f1e3ryh2h

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
pokemon go is extremely racist. have you seen jynx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
What the gently caress how did Amber Rose end up being the guest on Never Not Funny? I can't listen yet but I'm guessing it's either awesome or a train wreck, can anyone confirm?