Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Welp, reset the counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

catlord posted:

So, why are Waid and DC always at each other's throats? I don't remember ever hearing why, just that they are.

http://comicsalliance.com/mark-waid-slams-dan-didio-and-dc-comics/

The original article CA links to was removed, but this should give you the jist. tl;dr Dan DiDio (not the poster) is a giant child

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Waid tends to yell fire a lot, I'd like to see some sort of confirmation that he's actually banned other than his assumption that he's banned.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Four Score posted:

http://comicsalliance.com/mark-waid-slams-dan-didio-and-dc-comics/

The original article CA links to was removed, but this should give you the jist. tl;dr Dan DiDio (not the poster) is a giant child

I don't know why I expected any different.

Edit: Oh, that interview is where that '52 done right' story came from. Yep.

catlord fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 14, 2016

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Isn't Waid the same person that spends a quarter of his time arguing about how terrible DC and its management are? And then he's surprised when they, gasp, don't like him much?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

It turns out, the Flash collection is only delayed, diamond screwed up somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darth Nat posted:

Isn't Waid the same person that spends a quarter of his time arguing about how terrible DC and its management are? And then he's surprised when they, gasp, don't like him much?

And occasionally hitting on teenager girls at conventions.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh well. I keep my entire Flash run in boxes near me. I'm good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I bought 5 books this week and overspent! They had better all be worth it DC. Let us do a break down.

Detective comics #936 was the best of the week. Should have seen the reveal coming. The art was great. I still love this team too.

Nightwing: Rebirth was a good read and the art was decent. I've never read a Nightwing comic and frankly this was a good first comic. I'm onboard.

Action Comics #959 was a good read. The art was also solid. I'm really liking this Lex still and pray he continues to be a hero. The dynamic duo of Superman and Lex is actually interesting.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps has amazing art and the story was solid. The GLC books were always some of my favorite reads and I hope after Hal finds the corps it becomes a larger ensemble cast. I enjoyed the first issue.

The Flash #2 was the weakest this week. The story was better, so was the art. My problem is I just don't care what is happening. I'm still on board since it hasn't had an out right stinker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New Super Man #1 was actually really good with a totally unlikable lead character and I can't recommend it enough.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Darth Nat posted:

That doesn't stop them from churning out Watchmen stuff ad nauseum in spite of Moore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

That doesn't stop them from churning out Watchmen stuff ad nauseum in spite of Moore.

Eh, they went more than 25 years before they started merching Watchmen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SonicRulez posted:

Alan Moore doesn't attack DC in particular and generally only when he is asked.

Waid is just a colossal douche.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like New Super-Man enough to add it to my pull list.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Rhyno posted:

New Super Man #1 was actually really good with a totally unlikable lead character and I can't recommend it enough.

From the reactions here, I went in expecting a racist caricature bullyfest, and... was actually pretty entertained. I was interested in the different take from the get-go in the previews a while back, and I'm sure I'll keep with it for some time at least.

But come on, DC. Where the hell is the (rest of the) Great Ten? I think the last I remember of August General in Iron was in the JLI annual, but I think that's it for their members that I can recall. I have an odd soft spot for non-NA-based hero teams.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean, I do have a big of a soft spot for the Great Ten, but it seems to me they'd fit the bill of "racist caricature bullyfest" pretty soundly. :v:

Browsed Hal Jordan and the GLC. Not bad...surprised to see the emotional spectrum is still kicking around, doing...something. They've been so low-profile lately that I'd half-expected them to never show up again.

Nice to see Kyle again, if briefly. Sucks that he's back in the mega-generic White Lantern duds and not the incredibly awesome costume he had in Omega Men, but maybe it means Omega Men will be ignored, which is nice. (yeah yeah I know everyone liked it. Meh.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Some solicits have started to show up on the internet and in October both Wallys will meet, Terry is confirmed to be back as Batman Beyond and this one came up from nowhere

quote:

LOST BOYS #1 (OF 6)
(W) Tim Seeley (A) Scott Godlewski (CA) Tony Harris (VC) Joelle Jones
The stakes are raised in this nostalgic and unstoppable sequel to the '80s cult classic vampire film, The Lost Boys. Veteran horror writers Tim Seeley (GRAYSON, NIGHTWING, Hack/Slash), and Scott Godlewski (THE DARK & BLOODY, Copperhead) deliver a gruesome and stylish return to the bloody boardwalks and big hair of 1987!
Santa Carla, California is on edge. The eccentric coastal town and haven for the undead was finally returning to "normal" after its last supernatural scuffle left the local coven's head vampire dead and gave newcomers Michael and Sam Emerson a housewarming both violent and bizarre. Now the brothers must once again team up with militant vampire hunters Edgar and Allan Frog when a new gang of ruthless, stunning, life-sucking nightcrawlers known as the Blood Belles emerges from the aftermath to collect Michael's love interest and their lost sister, Star.
In Shops: Oct 12, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, I do have a big of a soft spot for the Great Ten, but it seems to me they'd fit the bill of "racist caricature bullyfest" pretty soundly. :v:

Ugh, wait till you see Super Young Team.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

If you want to check out a really good Deadman horror story I recommend Lost Souls with excellent Kelly Jones artwork.

Rhyno posted:

Deadman had the only good part of Brightest Day.

If I was any better with keeping up with BSS threads lately, these would have been the exact things I would have written. Kelley Jones Deadman, best Deadman.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

JOIN US MICHAEL!!!!

:stare: Well that's certainly unexpected. But not unwelcome especially after that terrible sequel. I wonder if they'll keep the mouth breathing expression of the dead Corey Haim.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PenguinKnight posted:

It turns out, the Flash collection is only delayed, diamond screwed up somewhere.

Hurrah.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=227084

For whatever reason, all of DC's October Solicits are up on this site early. Take a gander before it's potentially taken down.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

quote:

What is this newfangled thing called “marriage” and why are so many people willing to sacrifice the traditional sex cave for exclusive partnerships?

Actual DC Comics solicitation text. Bless you, Flintstones.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 14, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have high expectations for Shade the Changing Girl, even if the original did go off the rails and start sucking after awhile. Raven looks hella neat. All it needs is "in her all new totally emo series!"

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Not only is Dr. Fate still not canceled, it's being drawn by Brendan McCarthy. Paul Levitz has to have some serious dirt on DC execs right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Frank Cho's leaving the Wonder Woman covers job over issues with Rucka, so I guess expect tons more childish covers with Diana yelling "Outrage!" on them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

I have high expectations for Shade the Changing Girl, even if the original did go off the rails and start sucking after awhile. Raven looks hella neat. All it needs is "in her all new totally emo series!"

When did you think that happened? I recently reread it and it was as bizarre and interesting from beginning to end.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Aphrodite posted:

Frank Cho's leaving the Wonder Woman covers job over issues with Rucka, so I guess expect tons more childish covers with Diana yelling "Outrage!" on them.

I guessed something like that was going to happen, knowing how Rucka and Cho already probably don't see eye to eye on much.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

When did you think that happened? I recently reread it and it was as bizarre and interesting from beginning to end.

I don't remember much, but from what I recall it got annoying and dumb when stuff started involving Shade's son and Shade's heart and something about Satan? I was still outraged by what the N52 did with him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

I guessed something like that was going to happen, knowing how Rucka and Cho already probably don't see eye to eye on much.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some personal stuff involved too, because the covers he's done so far are pretty standard Wonder Woman stuff and not very typical Cho.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I don't remember much, but from what I recall it got annoying and dumb when stuff started involving Shade's son and Shade's heart and something about Satan? I was still outraged by what the N52 did with him.

You mean the appearances in 52 were he was basically the same character and was given a happy ending?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Aphrodite posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some personal stuff involved too, because the covers he's done so far are pretty standard Wonder Woman stuff and not very typical Cho.

True, and when Cho isn't being a jackass he is a good artist and WW is like exactly who he was born to draw.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean the appearances in 52 were he was basically the same character and was given a happy ending?

N. New. I'm talking about Justice League Dark. Relax, jeez.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

N. New. I'm talking about Justice League Dark. Relax, jeez.

Yeah the one where he was in 6 issues and written the same as he always was by his creator

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Well yeah, Rucka's like 6'3" and Cho is like 5'4"...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Superman sounds incredible. Clark and Jon stranded on an island full of dinosaurs. Mother loving comic books people. This is what I'm talking about.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Aphrodite posted:

The third issue was a more-or-less okay cover of Wonder Woman contorting all sexy and blocking bullets and in Cho's original version her battle skirt was flipped up and you could see her panties. He was CENSORED when they cropped the image so you couldn't see her full rear end/panties.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Seeley Lost Boys sequel? Amazing.

My fave covers from the solicits. The Batman Beyond one is beautiful.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not a fan of the new design for Terry's suit, but it's still a cool cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Not a fan of the new design for Terry's suit, but it's still a cool cover

They segmented the belt! Those bastards!