Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I guess with Delta dead or in jail or on the run or whatever, all my miles are useless. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Live in your young body with your old man mind because why the gently caress would you SHIFT back to that hellhole future when you have the woman of your dreams and your improbable time daughter? (And maybe your Diet Wesker improbable time son if Carlos decides not to kill him.)

There really needs to be side stories focusing solely of the day-to-day family life of those four.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Stranded Pair/The Hope Of Two still really impresses me. The game could have ended right there and I would have been extremely okay with it. And I don't even dislike any of the Delta stuff that comes afterwards.

It's not any revolutionary storytelling or anything of course, but I really wasn't expecting a literally half an hour long sequence of two of my favourite characters just talking about things, getting to know each other, building a relationship. A believably written relationship in a Zero Escape have, imagine that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Stranded Pair/The Hope Of Two still really impresses me. The game could have ended right there and I would have been extremely okay with it. And I don't even dislike any of the Delta stuff that comes afterwards.

It's not any revolutionary storytelling or anything of course, but I really wasn't expecting a literally half an hour long sequence of two of my favourite characters just talking about things, getting to know each other, building a relationship. A believably written relationship in a Zero Escape have, imagine that.

Yeah it's great, my favorite part is when Sigma slaps a battered woman!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ha ha yeah i also liked the part where she wanted to kill herself

Except that i actually did

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

ApplesandOranges posted:

And then Diana's journey in the VLR timeline:

-Get abused by husband
-Divorce him
-Endure harassment from him
-Go to DCOM, suffer through ZTD
-End up causing a pandemic that kills 6 billion people
-Four months later, finds a young Sigma that has probably no idea who she is
-Follow him to the moon and fall in love, only to die after three years

so she knows two Sigmas? what?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

so she knows two Sigmas? what?

In the VLR timeline, young Sigma is knocked out a few days before Christmas, goes through VLR, then comes back to his body months after the DCOM incident. He hasn't met Diana at all at that point, but 45 years later he would go back in time to just after he got knocked out, and goes through DCOM. At that point he's already met Diana on the moon and seen her die after falling in love with her there.

Diana probably followed Sigma to the moon despite him having no idea who she is at that stage of his life.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cringed so loving much at that part. I wanted to punch Sigma so hard.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah, I was surprised they just let it go instead of talking about it when they handled everything else about the relationship pretty well... but I guess I shouldn't be

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She was literally asking Sigma to kill her and saying no he was a piece of poo poo if he didn't do it

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Was anyone else disappointed by the lack of a final puzzle room?

The rooms were very hit or miss this time, some were hidden object stuff and others just logic puzzles.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Finished this game the other day and still catching up on the thread.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

FrickenMoron posted:

Was anyone else disappointed by the lack of a final puzzle room?

The rooms were very hit or miss this time, some were hidden object stuff and others just logic puzzles.
Yes. Don't you get the trophy for all 'quests' way before the end scene too? I remember getting that chievo and just kind of frowning that my final puzzle was some stupid pixel hunt puzzle for turning off the core or something.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The core was by far the worst room, it is made up entirely of hidden object poo poo. The transporter room is the polar opposite where everything is a goddamn logic puzzle, and a really tough one too in that case.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Baal posted:

She was literally asking Sigma to kill her and saying no he was a piece of poo poo if he didn't do it

He had to be the piranha for a sec

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The popular trope of slapping someone when they're acting insane is completely foreign to me.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

FrickenMoron posted:

The core was by far the worst room, it is made up entirely of hidden object poo poo. The transporter room is the polar opposite where everything is a goddamn logic puzzle, and a really tough one too in that case.

The only problem I remember having with the transporter room was it took me fifteen minutes and a YouTube video where I watched someone do all the poo poo I just did to find out I had to click on the nucleus and finish it there. That and I remember having a lot of trouble with the card selection when it was first introduced

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was thinking I'd have to do the base 10 to base 13 conversion myself but then the machine just did it all for you. The slowest thing to do in the transporter room was probably the stupid battle minigame to trial/error your way into deciphering the numbering system.

The piano room tripped me up cause it never dawned on me to pull the keys out of the piano and put them in the slots to find the patterns to unlock the last two slots. I was so focused on opening all the slots first that it just completely sailed past me. I had to go online to find one of the hidden clues in the core room too, specifically the number underneath the drainage door but only when the lights are turned off.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The transporter room was the last one I did in the game so I probably was just really fatigued.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

FrickenMoron posted:

I feel like I must be the only person to really like the transporter room. I didn't think the puzzle was too bad when I assumed every unique symbol stood for a prime number.

Transporter room and Pod room were probably my favorite puzzles. I agree with you on core though.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Rascyc posted:

I was thinking I'd have to do the base 10 to base 13 conversion myself but then the machine just did it all for you. The slowest thing to do in the transporter room was probably the stupid battle minigame to trial/error your way into deciphering the numbering system.

You don't even need the battle game to do that, you can figure it out completely without it. (the non-factorial numbers are the amount of circles on each card)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Transporter was probably my favorite room. I can imagine it being frustrating to people without a maths background though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rascyc posted:

The piano room tripped me up cause it never dawned on me to pull the keys out of the piano and put them in the slots to find the patterns to unlock the last two slots. I was so focused on opening all the slots first that it just completely sailed past me. I had to go online to find one of the hidden clues in the core room too, specifically the number underneath the drainage door but only when the lights are turned off.

You can with a little bit of logical reasoning figure out the values to every card except 1, 7, and 11 before you go to the table

The game shows you chapter 1 which spots you 0, abd chapter 2 which shows you the composite numbers of the set 0-12. You should recognize the pattern that individual symbols and factors correspond to prime numbers 2, 3, and 5.

2 is easy to spot, since it's the only prime in the set that has its perfect square and perfect cube within the same set. You solve for 2, 4, and 8.

3 is easy to spot since it has a perfect square but not a perfect cube. You can solve for 3 and 9.

Knowing 2 and 3, you can solve for 6 and 12 as well.

There's only one composite left, and it has to be 10, as all other even numbers in the set are assigned. You also know 5.

At this point you are still missing 1, 7, and 11. You need to use the card table to figure that out, but it'll take 3 attempts minimum to glean the info you need.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i failed math enough in high school they stopped letting me take it

the room is hell

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That room took me a lot longer since I didn't realize the second chapter of the book unlocked and spent a while trying all the cards on the table. Then I just figured out what 2 and 3 were and went from there.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Momomo posted:

That room took me a lot longer since I didn't realize the second chapter of the book unlocked and spent a while trying all the cards on the table. Then I just figured out what 2 and 3 were and went from there.

gently caress, I did this too. When I did see the second chapter I had more than enough from the table to fix each symbol though.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Momomo posted:

I read chapter 1, and I didn't realise the symbols multiplied. Did you know that you can start from the assumption that the symbols add and still use the battle table to get a unique value for each card, then use those values to re-represent the five character number on the core with four cards and enter them, and they don't work?

Then I noticed the book had unlocked a second chapter at some point. The room was pretty trivial after that.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I've finished this goddarn game and all I've got in my mind are those two things

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ledgy posted:

I've finished this goddarn game and all I've got in my mind are those two things

Agreed.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ledgy posted:

this is vital information that should be in the OP

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Really Pants posted:

this is vital information that should be in the OP

ok i did it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is there a post-game file for Diana and Sigma and Phi??? I got one for all the others but not them

maybe is it because I only had 96% Quest file completion? :<

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MotU posted:

is there a post-game file for Diana and Sigma and Phi??? I got one for all the others but not them

There isn't. I just assume they lived happily ever after

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MotU posted:

you get a file about Diana dying of moon

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Is there a reason Sigma had to be on the moon specifically for 50 years or whatever? Seems like it'd be easier all around and cut down on the tragicness if he like, stayed in a bunker on Earth and did all his science magic there then just moved the finished products to the moon bunker.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Is there a reason Sigma had to be on the moon specifically for 50 years or whatever? Seems like it'd be easier all around and cut down on the tragicness if he like, stayed in a bunker on Earth and did all his science magic there then just moved the finished products to the moon bunker.

Earth is kinda unsafe, on the moon no one will bother him

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Shear Modulus posted:

The moon is significantly less subject to nuclear reactor explosion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The moon also has significantly less people carrying Radical 6.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also he had to invent whatever the gently caress that cloning thing was to make the radical6 cure copies

He also had to master like quantum physics and other sciences and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Waffleman_ posted:

The moon also has significantly less people carrying Radical 6.

This is only true in absolute terms, it's much higher in percentage terms!

• Locked thread