Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Dude, you explicitly said "You're a loving piece of poo poo by the way for calling me a racist when I am quoting Bill Clinton to the letter" despite not quoting Clinton at all! You even said "to the letter"! How in the world do you have the gall to insult someone for pointing that out? I'm sure there are many quotes that can be found through Google, but we don't know which one(s) you're talking about unless you tell us.

It's the conventional wisdom among anti-Zionists that Clinton and all American teams are wildly biased towards the US, so what I said isn't at all controversial. tos of course is defaulting back to this now, twisting himself into pretzels to argue that no, the president and a team of experienced negotiators were wrong or lying, his armchair analysis that he found in an anti-Zionist screed is correct. I was not debating the truth of what they said (I agree in this case, but not because they said it), just that it was their position.

tos also still fails to understand my basic point in that I was merely describing the various proposals for land swaps in ways that he has himself. 1996 was not a reference to Oslo but Hamas's campaign to sink Labor and elect Likud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 4, 2018

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Kim Jong Il posted:

It's the conventional wisdom among anti-Zionists that Clinton and all American teams are wildly biased towards the US, so what I said isn't at all controversial. tos of course is defaulting back to this now, twisting himself into pretzels to argue that no, the president and a team of experienced negotiators were wrong or lying, his armchair analysis that he found in an anti-Zionist screed is correct. I was not debating the truth of what they said (I agree in this case, but not because they said it), just that it was their position.

tos also still fails to understand my basic point in that I was merely describing the various proposals for land swaps in ways that he has himself. 1996 was not a reference to Oslo but Hamas's campaign to sink Labor and elect Likud.

You don't seem to be understanding anything anyone is writing. His criticism isn't anything to do with the Israel or Palestine or the negotiations, but you personally. Try reading his post again. As he states you posted "You're a loving piece of poo poo by the way for calling me a racist when I am quoting Bill Clinton to the letter" despite not actually quoting Clinton at all. He was pointing out a basic failure on your part in your ability to communicate and the fact your indignation was based on made up claims that hadn't actually happened.

Also as already pointed out, you're either really really biased and willing to lie to back up your ideological beliefs or you're really really ignorant AND biased and willing to lie. You being a liar isn't really a question any more seeing as you've been fairly blatant about it, like stating that the whole US negotiations team agrees with your POV when you've already been provided with quotes disagreeing with you.

Trying to (without evidence) claim that it's down to anti-zionist bias as you do here doesn't make any sense because lots of the stuff you are wrong about is so basic no-one on either side of the zionist/anti-Zionist divide would accept it. Do you think a zionist, for instance, would agree with your claim that israel annexing and keeping the settlements or Israel retreating from the settlements and giving them to Palestine are actually the same and any claims of them being very very different are are "pedantic nonsense"? No, of course not, because they are two very contrary polar opposite positions which are very important to the peace process even a child could tell they are not the same*.

Edit: *Just tested this and yes my nephew could tell the difference between the concept of annexing and giving up settlements when the concept was explained to him simply. Your understanding of the I/P conflict is officially worse than that of a child.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 9, 2016

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Except that isn't a position I argued for in any capacity, you're incapable of basic reading comprehension.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Kim Jong Il posted:

Except that isn't a position I argued for in any capacity, you're incapable of basic reading comprehension.

You: No YOU ARE

Except you misquoted someone

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Kim Jong Il posted:

You stated that as part of the peace process "Israel came really, really close to withdrawing from settlements in 1996, 2000, and 2007."

The problem is that the plan was for them to annex most of the settlers and their land and annex more land for future growth so that the new land allocated to the then-annexed settlements would be more than what is currently occupied by settlements. Also that they didn't come close to finalising any form of agreement. So basically the whole claim was wrong in every possible way.

When called out on this by me you specifically described the difference between annexing and withdrawing, two total opposites, as "pedantic nonsense". So no, that's specifically the position you argued for and there's no point backtracking.

And of course it's worth remembering that the original point this all sprung from is your claim that Omar Baghouti and BDS not calling for the end of settlements is a signal of their secret conspiracy to try and genocide the Israelis. You said 'They're (Omar Baghouti and BDS) not calling for ending settlements, because in their policy of dismissing "collaborationists" they reject the only possible path for ending settlements. They're calling for policies that will lead to wide scale ethnic cleansing and likely genocide.'

You know, despite the fact that calling for an end to settlements is literally number 1 on the list of things for them to get Israel to do in the Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS that basically serves as their founding document and rationale for their existence: "1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall".

Always worth keeping in mind that this whole debate is founded on you being a literal conspiracy theorist who ignores basic facts to put together your racist ideas for how those dastardly Palestinians just want to murder Israelis.

Lastly I gotta ask, no defence of your imaginary quotations? I mean sure it is indefensible, but that''s hardly stopped you before.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
As a result of the Left's ceaseless war against religion and the military, the man who will soon be the IDF's new chief rabbi has clarified that regardless of the impressions people may have gotten from previous comments of his, he does not actually condone raping enemy civilians in war and does not believe women are unfit to be soldiers. This leftist assault on the Jewish character of the IDF continues, however, as those evil figures who want to destroy the Jewishness of Israel now claim that he has declared homosexuality to be an enemy which must be fought, and that terrorists are "wild beasts" who have no human rights and should be killed on the spot.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Serious update from President Reuven Rivlin:

"Somebody call security."

Main Paineframe posted:

As a result of the Left's ceaseless war against religion and the military, the man who will soon be the IDF's new chief rabbi has clarified that regardless of the impressions people may have gotten from previous comments of his, he does not actually condone raping enemy civilians in war and does not believe women are unfit to be soldiers. This leftist assault on the Jewish character of the IDF continues, however, as those evil figures who want to destroy the Jewishness of Israel now claim that he has declared homosexuality to be an enemy which must be fought, and that terrorists are "wild beasts" who have no human rights and should be killed on the spot.

Alas, it seems like these would only make him more qualified, considering the reason the previous defense minister was ousted.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Serious update from President Reuven Rivlin:

"Somebody call security."

drat government hoarding the pokemon! Give Pokemon GO access to the people!

(I know he just sideloaded it, I'm hoping the bugs/hiccups right now will get a bit better by the time we get the official GO ahead)

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

I can't tell if you're sarcastic :/

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I can't tell if you're sarcastic :/

He's being sarcastic.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Zanzibar Ham posted:

drat government hoarding the pokemon! Give Pokemon GO access to the people!

(I know he just sideloaded it, I'm hoping the bugs/hiccups right now will get a bit better by the time we get the official GO ahead)

Gaza and the West Bank will have nothing but Magikarps.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I for one am glad that Hamas has forsaken the use of Voltorbs and Electrodes

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

I for one am glad that Hamas has forsaken the use of Voltorbs and Electrodes

Isreal will continue to consider them a threat until they take Geodudes out of their childrens' hands.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

That would require that the Israelis stop denying them water.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

An IDF spokesman has stated that "Contrary to reports in the international press, all 23 pokemon were already ghost-type before the latest air-strike on a civilian dwelling."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

An IDF spokesman has stated that "Contrary to reports in the international press, all 23 pokemon were already ghost-type before the latest air-strike on a civilian dwelling."

this is the joke that was good

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

You stated that as part of the peace process "Israel came really, really close to withdrawing from settlements in 1996, 2000, and 2007."

The problem is that the plan was for them to annex most of the settlers and their land and annex more land for future growth so that the new land allocated to the then-annexed settlements would be more than what is currently occupied by settlements. Also that they didn't come close to finalising any form of agreement. So basically the whole claim was wrong in every possible way.

Again, except that people who were actually there disagree with you on this.

quote:

When called out on this by me you specifically described the difference between annexing and withdrawing, two total opposites, as "pedantic nonsense". So no, that's specifically the position you argued for and there's no point backtracking.

That is a comical, embarrassing misreading.

quote:

And of course it's worth remembering that the original point this all sprung from is your claim that Omar Baghouti and BDS not calling for the end of settlements is a signal of their secret conspiracy to try and genocide the Israelis. You said 'They're (Omar Baghouti and BDS) not calling for ending settlements, because in their policy of dismissing "collaborationists" they reject the only possible path for ending settlements. They're calling for policies that will lead to wide scale ethnic cleansing and likely genocide.'

You know, despite the fact that calling for an end to settlements is literally number 1 on the list of things for them to get Israel to do in the Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS that basically serves as their founding document and rationale for their existence: "1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall".

What secret conspiracy? They call for a demand that you yourself acknowledge is unlikely to be part of any peace deal - a demand that I think necessarily leads to ethnic cleansing. If you support Barghouti's BDS, then you're saying no to any peace deal that could ever realistically be implemented, and therefore the settlements will stay indefinitely. As opposed to my position, which is implement Taba immediately. Barghouti wants Greater Palestine and endless war until it's achieved.

quote:

Always worth keeping in mind that this whole debate is founded on you being a literal conspiracy theorist who ignores basic facts to put together your racist ideas for how those dastardly Palestinians just want to murder Israelis.

Lastly I gotta ask, no defence of your imaginary quotations? I mean sure it is indefensible, but that''s hardly stopped you before.

Name one thing I've said that's racist in any way. I haven't said a single thing about race or ethnicity, or religion for that matter. Same for conspiracy theories. Some of what I've said is widely argued about, but for instance there is documentation of individual Fatah members saying that the second intifada was planned long in advance. What imaginary quotations? You realize that Google exists and you can read what the American negotiators have actually said, right?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Kim Jong Il posted:

Same for conspiracy theories. Some of what I've said is widely argued about, but for instance there is documentation of individual Fatah members saying that the second intifada was planned long in advance. What imaginary quotations?
Yeah and I can find you a bunch of engineers who insist that jet fuel can't melt steel beams. But it doesn't matter how many third hand testimonials you dig up, we know these conspiracy theories are wrong because they don't even make any sense. Fatah had absolutely nothing to gain from the second intifada, and no reason to believe that there was anything to gain. Nothing Arafat's wife says in front of a camera will change that.

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 14, 2016

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
is that the moment he turned into a vegetable

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

XMNN posted:

is that the moment he turned into a vegetable
he was never a vegetable, he was just meditating on existence and communing with g-d while contemplating the next stage (death, which is not an end but just a beginning)

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

Some of what I've said is widely argued about, but for instance there is documentation of individual Fatah members saying that the second intifada was planned long in advance. What imaginary quotations? You realize that Google exists and you can read what the American negotiators have actually said, right?

My uncle works at Fatah and

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ultramega posted:

My uncle works at Fatah and

Does he have any scoops on the NX? I heard it's going to be a real bomb.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Kim Jong Il posted:

Again, except that people who were actually there disagree with you on this.

I've already responded to this point in depth and explained how wrong you are and how stupid this idea is.

If you want to respond to the points I made then feel free to do so. However just repeating your failed points while offering nothing new is a waste of time.

quote:

That is a comical, embarrassing misreading.

Ah, assuming your words mean what they mean. What a crazy mistake to make.

I've explained what you said and provided links to where you said it to back it up. You literally made that claim.

quote:

What secret conspiracy? They call for a demand that you yourself acknowledge is unlikely to be part of any peace deal - a demand that I think necessarily leads to ethnic cleansing. If you support Barghouti's BDS, then you're saying no to any peace deal that could ever realistically be implemented, and therefore the settlements will stay indefinitely. As opposed to my position, which is implement Taba immediately. Barghouti wants Greater Palestine and endless war until it's achieved.

When you think BDS doesn't want to get rid of settlements, you cite this as proof that they are secretly conspiring to genocide Israel.

When you think BDS does want to get rid of settlements, you cite this as proof that they are secretly conspiring to genocide Israel.

This is classic conspiracy theorist behaviour where no matter what facts exist or how suddenly you have to reinvent your opinion when your claims are shown to be false and facts get in the way, everything will always somehow be some warped proof of the conspiracy you believe in. You are a literal crazy racist conspiracy theorist nut.

quote:

Name one thing I've said that's racist in any way. I haven't said a single thing about race or ethnicity, or religion for that matter. Same for conspiracy theories. Some of what I've said is widely argued about, but for instance there is documentation of individual Fatah members saying that the second intifada was planned long in advance.

You rejected the idea that Palestinians could be motivated against the Israeli occupation due to a desire for freedom, and instead that they're a hivemind of bloodthirsty genocidal killers. This is prejudice as you are negatively judging a whole swath of people based on nothing but your preconceived notions without knowing anything about them individually. Being prejudiced against someone due to their race, ethnic group, nationality, etc is racism. By definition, you are a racist.

You stick to crazy conspiracy theories that stay the same no matter how the evidence supporting them, vanishes, changes or does complete 180s. When your crazy conspiracy theories are focused on denigrating or weakening a particular race, ethnicity or national group. You are a racist.

You have defended and refused to condemn racist opinions of Israelis, even when specifically called to do so. You are racist.

Your entire contribution throughout the past few threads has been making stupid, ignorant and downright wrong comments about Palestine and Palestinians and then refusing to engage when called out on it, either ignoring the responses completely (which is the norm) or doing these childish posts like here where you ignore as much content as possible (You've never bothered to respond to large parts of my argument) and come up with responses that are just contentless repetitions of your already discredited points. The only consistent characteristic is your desire to attack Palestinians. You are a racist.

quote:

What imaginary quotations? You realize that Google exists and you can read what the American negotiators have actually said, right?

You specifically stated "You're a loving piece of poo poo by the way for calling me a racist when I am quoting Bill Clinton to the letter". You had not actually quoted Bill Clinton at all. You don't seem to understand what quoting is. and especialyl quoting "to the letter" which by definition should involve at least quoting one letter".

To give you an idea of why what you did is wrong, please allow me to quote word for word one of the greatest journalists of all time:.

""*

Moving stuff I'm sure you agree, so don't give me your stupid loving bullshit with non-existent quotes again.

*Please google and insert a relevant quote here because it isn't my job to provide my own quotes, obviously I should expect my opponent in a debate to provide my sources for me

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Ended up talking to a coworker today about her family's trip to the west bank via jordan. She has 3 sisters all of whom work at the same place, they all went and stayed a month. Listening to someone who's been there and had to face the daily shitshow that living there entails was revealing, even after all the stuff I've read.

A few highlights include, waiting at ben-gurion airport for 7 hours for literally no reason, smiling at a soldier guarding the temple mount/haram-al-sharif and getting grilled about whether or not she was an arab or an imposter, visiting the dead sea and getting to play in the snow while in jordan.

Is anyone able to break down the security arrangements for the temple mount? I've heard it's technically under jordanian jurisdiction but from what I've seen or read it's israeli soldiers who actually guard it and enforce the no prayer rule, etc?

Ultramega fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 15, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ultramega posted:

and getting to play in the snow while in jordan.

Disgusting. smdh

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Ultramega posted:

Is anyone able to break down the security arrangements for the temple mount? I've heard it's technically under jordanian jurisdiction but from what I've seen or read it's israeli soldiers who actually guard it and enforce the no prayer rule, etc?

The Jordanian run and funded Jerusalem Islamic Waqf has been responsible for running the site for several decades, but due to the occupation of East Jerusalem by the Israelis the Waqf only has as much control as Israel allows it. There are a small number of Waqf employed guards at the site, but they don't carry weapons and there is a much larger armed IDF force that also guards the site and allegedly hampers the Waqf guard in carrying out their work or doing anything effective.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Shlomi Eldar is not exactly a left winger but he's not a hawkish rightist either and his account of his visit to the Temple Mount and the control of the Waqf paints a different picture: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/10/israel-temple-mount-status-quo-waqf-guards-visits-palestine.html

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Shlomi Eldar is not exactly a left winger but he's not a hawkish rightist either and his account of his visit to the Temple Mount and the control of the Waqf paints a different picture: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/10/israel-temple-mount-status-quo-waqf-guards-visits-palestine.html

I think large parts of that difference is that in his account he snuck in as a generic tourist, which neither the Waqf or Israel care too much about comparatively. As he mentions himself in your linked article, things are different for Jewish people looking to visit as that's where the tension is.

An example of this can be seen from a few days ago when an especially large group of 50 Jewish Israelis including settlers was escorted onto the site under heavy armed guard. Israel doesn't exert it's power on every occasion, but when it decides it wants to it clearly can, hence my statement in the previous post "the Waqf only has as much control as Israel allows it". For some seemingly random tourist who was taking pictures when he wasn't supposed to? Eh, he'll get kicked out. 50+ Israelis including settlers in a fairly politicised event? They're getting access regardless of what the Waqf want.

Now ideally of course everyone should be able to visit historic sites when they're not in use as a place of worship free from discrimination and regardless of their own religion and that's something that should be fought for as an eventual outcome in regards to the al-Haram ash-Sharif/Temple Mount in any peace settlement. However under the current climate it's a massive source of tensions (especially considering it was the trigger point for the second intifada) and the only many Jewish visitors and especially extremist settlers get in is because the ultimate arbiter of who gets in is Israel.

Edit: Indeed a bit of a back and forth for a little while has been the installation of security cameras there. Back last year the idea seemed to be going ahead after Kerry gave his support to it, the idea being that Jordan would be able to objectively document Israeli violations. Israel stopped the Waqf from carrying out the installation for several months until the idea finally petered out a couple of months ago under intransigence from Israel and criticism from some Palestinians based on claims that it would allow Israel to monitor and usurp the sovereignty of the site.

This little saga illustrates two points; that not only does Israel have the power to effectively veto any actions that happen on the site, but that the Jordanians are of the view that Israel is committing repeated violations at the site and their only recourse there is to record the actions rather than take any direct action (because of course, at the end of the day the Waqf only has as much control as Israel allows it and so can't directly try and stop them).

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 15, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seems like Ankara is locked down and the military is sending jets above it. Coup time, now to see if it's for or against Erdogan!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Seems like Ankara is locked down and the military is sending jets above it. Coup time, now to see if it's for or against Erdogan!

Wrong thread?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gah

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ultramega posted:

Theoretically, it's under Jordanian control, and Jordanian authorities and guards run the place and make the rules. In practice, the IDF and Israeli guards have free run of the place if they choose to exercise it, and even the slightest change in rules or even unspoken customs leads to hysterical condemnations from extremists on both sides. In reality, I'd say it's an uneasy joint administration where neither side can exercise any real power without causing political controversy. In general, Waqf guards have authority on the Mount itself and are able to eject individuals, and the rules and customs on the Mount favor them somewhat, but they have little recourse if Israeli authorities - who control the entrances to the site and often escort extremists during their visits to the Mount - violate those rules and customs. Typically, both Israeli and Jordanian guards enforce things like the "no prayer" rule, but Israeli authorities occasionally push the limits pretty hard, typically in response to government pressure.

The thing about the Temple Mount is that it is incredibly controversial. Every little thing that goes on there - right down to archaeological excavations or even basic maintenance work - is seen by some as a plot to destroy Muslim/Jewish artifacts at the site and Judaicize/Islamicize the site so that it can be claimed as the sole property of that side. Every non-routine action taken by either Waqf or Israeli authorities is seen by some as just the next step in a diabolical plan to oppress the opposing side and eventually claim the Mount for themselves. The rhetoric of extremists on each side, who openly advocate for those actions, only fuel the fears of the opposing side. There's no good guys on the Temple Mount: just two collections of very scared and very angry people who all believe that the other side wishes to take away everything they have and completely annihilate their very identity as a people.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

What was the title before? I can't remember.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

What was the title before? I can't remember.

"Thanksgiving Turkey". Considering the circumstances, and at least one person posting here by mistake, I figured I'd put a stand-in until I can find something wittier. :v:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Erdogan joins a long list of politicians whose careers tanked once they associated themselves with Netanyahu. RIP Romney.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Yeah and I can find you a bunch of engineers who insist that jet fuel can't melt steel beams. But it doesn't matter how many third hand testimonials you dig up, we know these conspiracy theories are wrong because they don't even make any sense. Fatah had absolutely nothing to gain from the second intifada, and no reason to believe that there was anything to gain. Nothing Arafat's wife says in front of a camera will change that.

They were in direct negotiations at the time with Labor, and can point to the first intifada, which dramatically improved their negotiating position. There's a distinction between Loose Change and high level Fatah members.

Ah, assuming your words mean what they mean. What a crazy mistake to make.

I've explained what you said and provided links to where you said it to back it up. You literally made that claim.

This is a loving lie, and you know it.

quote:

When you think BDS doesn't want to get rid of settlements, you cite this as proof that they are secretly conspiring to genocide Israel.

When you think BDS does want to get rid of settlements, you cite this as proof that they are secretly conspiring to genocide Israel.

I've never said the latter. I support getting rid of most settlements. BDS opposes getting rid of settlements functionally as the oppose the only process that has a chance of getting rid of settlements.

quote:

This is classic conspiracy theorist behaviour where no matter what facts exist or how suddenly you have to reinvent your opinion when your claims are shown to be false and facts get in the way, everything will always somehow be some warped proof of the conspiracy you believe in. You are a literal crazy racist conspiracy theorist nut.

Except there's actual documentation of it, and you are still a lying piece of poo poo for claiming I'm racist when I have never brought up race once. Produce any single racist quote or admit you are lying. Ironic given the whining about supposed false claims of anti-Semitism here.

quote:

You rejected the idea that Palestinians could be motivated against the Israeli occupation due to a desire for freedom, and instead that they're a hivemind of bloodthirsty genocidal killers. This is prejudice as you are negatively judging a whole swath of people based on nothing but your preconceived notions without knowing anything about them individually. Being prejudiced against someone due to their race, ethnic group, nationality, etc is racism. By definition, you are a racist.

You stick to crazy conspiracy theories that stay the same no matter how the evidence supporting them, vanishes, changes or does complete 180s. When your crazy conspiracy theories are focused on denigrating or weakening a particular race, ethnicity or national group. You are a racist.

You have defended and refused to condemn racist opinions of Israelis, even when specifically called to do so. You are racist.

BDS are not equated to Palestinians. BDS is a fringe, largely armchair movement that is widely rejected. BDS wants Palestinians to suffer endlessly by opposing the peace process. You of all people are loving full of poo poo for equating the fringes of hardcore ethno-nationalism with an ethnicity as a whole. I've never said anything along the lines of what you claimed. Produce any single racist quote or admit you are lying. Produce any single instance of me refusing to condemn racism.

quote:

Your entire contribution throughout the past few threads has been making stupid, ignorant and downright wrong comments about Palestine and Palestinians and then refusing to engage when called out on it, either ignoring the responses completely (which is the norm) or doing these childish posts like here where you ignore as much content as possible (You've never bothered to respond to large parts of my argument) and come up with responses that are just contentless repetitions of your already discredited points. The only consistent characteristic is your desire to attack Palestinians. You are a racist.

I haven't engaged your posts because you're lying and attacking strawmen as opposed to what I actually said.

quote:

You specifically stated "You're a loving piece of poo poo by the way for calling me a racist when I am quoting Bill Clinton to the letter". You had not actually quoted Bill Clinton at all. You don't seem to understand what quoting is. and especialyl quoting "to the letter" which by definition should involve at least quoting one letter".

Except that I did, and Google has plenty of similar quotes beyond the one I chose. It's so common among histories of the peace process, lamenting near misses, that I took it for a given. http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/09/22/bill-clinton-netanyahu-killed-the-peace-process/

quote:

Clinton, in a roundtable with bloggers today on the sidelines of the Clinton Global Initiative in New York, gave an extensive recounting of the deterioration in the Middle East peace process since he pressed both parties to agree to a final settlement at Camp David in 2000. He said there are two main reasons for the lack of a comprehensive peace today: the reluctance of the Netanyahu administration to accept the terms of the Camp David deal and a demographic shift in Israel that is making the Israeli public less amenable to peace.

"The two great tragedies in modern Middle Eastern politics, which make you wonder if God wants Middle East peace or not, were [Yitzhak] Rabin‘s assassination and [Ariel] Sharon‘s stroke," Clinton said.

He goes on to fairly blame Netanyahu and Likud for their idiocy.

quote:

"[Palestinian leaders] have explicitly said on more than one occasion that if [Netanyahu] put up the deal that was offered to them before — my deal — that they would take it," Clinton said, referring to the 2000 Camp David deal that Yasser Arafat rejected.

But the Israeli government has drifted a long way from the Ehud Barak-led government that came so close to peace in 2000, Clinton said, and any new negotiations with the Netanyahu government are now on starkly different terms — terms that the Palestinians are unlikely to accept.

"For reasons that even after all these years I still don’t know for sure, Arafat turned down the deal I put together that Barak accepted," he said. "But they also had an Israeli government that was willing to give them East Jerusalem as the capital of the new state of Palestine."

You have to twist yourself into knots to argue this does not support my reading, which was that a deal was very close according to the Americans. I said that, and I said that Taba (wherein the sides had largely agreed on the fates of most settlements but had outliers like Ariel, and hadn't fully mapped out the Jerusalem arrangement) should immediately be implemented, and you're calling me a racist who wants to butcher Palestinians. Right. Because there's a difference of opinion among analysts of the peace process some arguing they were close, some not, and you're somehow taking this legitimate argument over matters of fact, and acting like a critical literary professor making up any interpretation you want because truth is just relative, man.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kim Jong Il posted:

BDS wants Palestinians to suffer endlessly by opposing the peace process.

I believe you're confusing BDS with the Israeli government here.

Kim Jong Il posted:

The Israeli government wants Palestinians to suffer endlessly by opposing the peace process.

There, now it is accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

They were in direct negotiations at the time with Labor, and can point to the first intifada, which dramatically improved their negotiating position. There's a distinction between Loose Change and high level Fatah members.

This is a loving lie, and you know it.

I've never said the latter. I support getting rid of most settlements. BDS opposes getting rid of settlements functionally as the oppose the only process that has a chance of getting rid of settlements.

Except there's actual documentation of it, and you are still a lying piece of poo poo for claiming I'm racist when I have never brought up race once. Produce any single racist quote or admit you are lying. Ironic given the whining about supposed false claims of anti-Semitism here.

BDS are not equated to Palestinians. BDS is a fringe, largely armchair movement that is widely rejected. BDS wants Palestinians to suffer endlessly by opposing the peace process. You of all people are loving full of poo poo for equating the fringes of hardcore ethno-nationalism with an ethnicity as a whole. I've never said anything along the lines of what you claimed. Produce any single racist quote or admit you are lying. Produce any single instance of me refusing to condemn racism.

I haven't engaged your posts because you're lying and attacking strawmen as opposed to what I actually said.

Except that I did, and Google has plenty of similar quotes beyond the one I chose. It's so common among histories of the peace process, lamenting near misses, that I took it for a given. http://foreignpolicy.com/2011/09/22/bill-clinton-netanyahu-killed-the-peace-process/

He goes on to fairly blame Netanyahu and Likud for their idiocy.

You have to twist yourself into knots to argue this does not support my reading, which was that a deal was very close according to the Americans. I said that, and I said that Taba (wherein the sides had largely agreed on the fates of most settlements but had outliers like Ariel, and hadn't fully mapped out the Jerusalem arrangement) should immediately be implemented, and you're calling me a racist who wants to butcher Palestinians. Right. Because there's a difference of opinion among analysts of the peace process some arguing they were close, some not, and you're somehow taking this legitimate argument over matters of fact, and acting like a critical literary professor making up any interpretation you want because truth is just relative, man.

Dude just log off for a while.