Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

emdash posted:

you can't tell me ginsburg saying that was not worth seeing bumblefuck say stuff like this https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/753355507721646080

My favorite part of any woman, be it Ginsberg, Warren, or Hilldawg dunking on Trump is the inevitable orange meltdown on Twitter. He simply cannot let any criticism go, it's really something to watch.

Epic High Five posted:

He probably meant swap instead of swamp, but now I'm imagining a bunch of guys in suits and bowler hats carrying briefcases following RBG everywhere, chattering incessantly and crowding her, and Trump drives by and shouts, "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SWAMPED BY SOME REAL JUDGES, HUH CRAZY OLD LADY?"

"Fly, my tiny-handed neo-Nazi minions, fly!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Xanderkish posted:

So for the people who are arguing with CelestialScribe despite knowing the only motivation for his presence in the thread is to chicken little over every Trump gain and hail Trump as the next president: what's your reason for doing so instead of just putting him on ignore? I'm genuinely curious.

Like cable news, you have to keep the discussion alive until November

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/my-ancestors-owned-your-rear end-angry-texas-couple-yells-black-teen-does-not-belong-in-america/

quote:

“My ancestors owned your mother f*cking rear end,” the young white woman squawks. “My ancestors owned your rear end, bitch.”

The woman adds, “Black people don’t belong in America.”

https://www.facebook.com/mediatakeout/videos/1332527410112536/

San Antonio is the last place in Texas you want to live if you're a racist white couple, with its 50% hispanic population. Move to Dallas if you want to hate on minorities with impunity.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Wait a minute: whether or not the Corey/Hicks thing is true, if the guy Trump is suing is telling the truth about not being the high-level leak, then there's a decent chance it was Roger Stone the whole time, right?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Made a Chapo Trap House thread if anyone is interested

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783133

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

vseslav.botkin posted:

Wait a minute: whether or not the Corey/Hicks thing is true, if the guy Trump is suing is telling the truth about not being the high-level leak, then there's a decent chance it was Roger Stone the whole time, right?

Are we sure there was just one leak? The circumstances in the Trump campaign would normally be conducive to literally everyone (with the possible exception of Hicks[1]) leaking anything that would make them look good in their internecine strife.

A Hicks/Lewandowski relationship makes some degree of sense - in that one profile of her (slash Trump interview about her while she was in the room) it was mentioned that she broke up with her long-term boyfriend as the campaign was getting underway. Plus she and Lewandowski were the ones travelling with Trump while he was campaigning.

[1] - The assumption here being that Hicks is so far out of her depth trying to do the job of ten people without a whole lot of political experience that she's not jockeying for a larger role.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Is that what he's doing? It's a little weird, because it's Birch who says the crimes are mostly male black and Hispanic teenagers, and then the officer keeps pressing him on that. Perhaps the officer is trying to engage him in Socratic dialogue so that he can realize that his conceptions of who commits the crimes are mistaken :angel:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Yeah, you're right, that's 90% of it at least. I like that it's not just about what's in the news cycle today (and how the news impacts politicians---although Chapo goes beyond this at least) but nevertheless is current enough to ocassionally touch upon the race. The cycle of guests who were contributors to "The Faux Feminism of Hillary Clinton" were really good, with 1 or 2 exceptions.

About 2 months ago I posted asking for a podcast that gets beyond just political optics, talks intelligently about policy, and has a good amount of international politics content. This Is Hell! is basically exactly what I was asking for but no one recommended it. Happy to spread the word. I gave them some cash too, got the mug.

Hey it was you. Thanks man.

This is hell reminds me of the Letters and Politics show on KPFA which I think is also a podcast. You might want to check that out.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Jackson Taus posted:

Are we sure there was just one leak? The circumstances in the Trump campaign would normally be conducive to literally everyone (with the possible exception of Hicks[1]) leaking anything that would make them look good in their internecine strife.

Yeah, I'd have guessed Manafort or someone in his camp, I just didn't want the actual political implications to get lost in "lol they boned"

I mean poo poo, even Corey wanted to leak the VP thing before he was fired -- and us hearing about that is ANOTHER leak that happened after this guy getting sued got the boot! It's a meta-leak!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Sir Tonk posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/my-ancestors-owned-your-rear end-angry-texas-couple-yells-black-teen-does-not-belong-in-america/

San Antonio is the last place in Texas you want to live if you're a racist white couple, with its 50% hispanic population. Move to Dallas if you want to hate on minorities with impunity.

This is horrible and I am going to enjoy watching them get internet doced so that their coworkers know what they are like.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

This is horrible and I am going to enjoy watching them get internet doced so that their coworkers know what they are like.

To paraphrase form Alpha House, they probably work hard for their unemployment and food stamps.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
That genius 'blogger' that pulled a gun on BLM protestors in Portland is actually being held in jail on $250,000 bail, ha what a prick. And he can no longer own a gun.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 14, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

Almost every single fight I've seen at a football game starts like this. It's kind of painful to watch. A woman starts talking hella poo poo behind her boyfriend while he tries to hold her back then a punch gets thrown or a beer gets tossed then it's on. Walk away people.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sir Tonk posted:

Man, how sad must your life be when you take pride in the idea that you're descended from slavers? Even worse when it's far more likely their idiot ancestors were probably at the second lowest rung of society instead.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Geostomp posted:

Man, how sad must your life be when you take pride in the idea that you're descended from slavers? Even worse when it's far more likely their idiot ancestors were probably at the second lowest rung of society instead.

I don't know how to take this.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Geostomp posted:

What else do they have when slavery was not only taught to them as something that kept society safe, gave the slaves something constructive to do but was the only carrot held above their head that they were at least not as low as a slave. Unless they were Irish. Good god, Slaves are collateral that cost a lot of money, we aren't going to risk them on something as dangerous as mining. Send the Irish down there.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Geostomp posted:

Don't make me start quoting Bob Dylan again.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Nah, It'll get your rear end beat in dallas too. You'd have to move to some heavily white-bread suburb between there and fort worth for that. Though most of them don't want your poor rear end white trash rear end there either.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Trump stayed overnight in Indiana, is this the first time he's stayed somewhere other than NY or FL, or were the reports of him always flying home overblown?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The point is that there isn't actually guidelines set for them, they set them for themselves. That's kind of a big deal. It's also an opportunity for saying when force isn't needed, like in the cases of dealing with mental illness.

It's worth pointing out that the shittiest army private out there gets a a pretty comprehensive set of guidelines on when to shoot people when literally in a warzone, there's absolutely no reason we can't come up with one for cops in peacetime. (And that set of guidelines has tons of reasons not to fire, in case people were wondering)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I mean if cops are going to be armed like a military and given literal burn laser guns as crowd control, why not go the whole hog and give them the limitations and proper training of a military?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

FairGame posted:

So long as you're not trying to *UNSKEW* the Trump numbers out of whatever the latest poll is that has Trump ahead of, or intolerably close to, Hillary Clinton, we're cool :cool:

I would argue that any poll showing Trump within 15 points of Clinton, in any state, is intolerably close.

Xanderkish posted:

So for the people who are arguing with CelestialScribe despite knowing the only motivation for his presence in the thread is to chicken little over every Trump gain and hail Trump as the next president: what's your reason for doing so instead of just putting him on ignore? I'm genuinely curious.

Silence can be taken as tacit agreement. If everyone who might argue back has CelestialScribe on their ignore list, then it looks as if nobody can/wants to contest the point. Then people who don't have him/her on their ignore list get a distorted view of reality because all they see is the one person posting a stream of :derp:.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
pretty crazy when all those terroists us americans hate are given more chances at living than our own citizens

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Geostomp posted:

Odds are that the black people's ancestors did own a lot of slaves. Probably better odds than some white assholes in a burger joint are the scions of plantation aristocracy. Most likely is the racists are descended from poor assholes who either came over in one of the post Civil War immigration waves or were the sorry rear end workers so poo poo at indentured servitude that they got replaced with Africans.

I mean, if we're actually going to take the time to fact check irate racists rambling on about inane poo poo because they got small dicks and no prospects.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Crowsbeak posted:

"Conservative Tree House" meme

The what now?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Gyges posted:

Odds are that the black people's ancestors did own a lot of slaves. Probably better odds than some white assholes in a burger joint are the scions of plantation aristocracy. Most likely is the racists are descended from poor assholes who either came over in one of the post Civil War immigration waves or were the sorry rear end workers so poo poo at indentured servitude that they got replaced with Africans.

I mean, if we're actually going to take the time to fact check irate racists rambling on about inane poo poo because they got small dicks and no prospects.

That's basically what I was saying. Not only are they trying desperately to take pride in being descended from slave owners, but they are most likely not enemy that. Instead just being the latest in a long line of poor whites soothing their pride by demanding someone darker skinned be worse off than them.

Hell, if we wanna play the "who belongs in what country" game, the odds are decent that the black family came over earlier than the ancestors of the dumbasses and could even likely have Native American ancestry, making them far more tied to this land than the loud bigots.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 14, 2016

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Crabtree posted:

What else do they have when slavery was not only taught to them as something that kept society safe, gave the slaves something constructive to do but was the only carrot held above their head that they were at least not as low as a slave. Unless they were Irish. Good god, Slaves are collateral that cost a lot of money, we aren't going to risk them on something as dangerous as mining. Send the Irish down there.

and yet perversely every white person in america today pretends to be irish

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pam Geller is suing DoJ because they won't let her sue Facebook for violating her free speeches

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Reason posted:

That genius 'blogger' that pulled a gun on BLM protestors in Portland is actually being held in jail on $250,000 bail, ha what a prick. And he can no longer own a gun.

This makes me so happy. This guy shows up to almost every political event I go to in Portland and is incredibly obnoxious.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Crowsbeak posted:

Also the NRA is apparently having its board members use the "Conservative Tree House" meme to slander and libel Philandro Castile. Seriously I want that organization shut down they are to me now nothing more then a white supremacist organization.

They've moved so far to the right that I'm actively trying to not be a member anymore (and I'm a pretty conservative, white gun owner), but their member services won't even respond to me. :iiam:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I will support the Democratic nominee for Congress in that district." ~ Andrew Cuomo, on Zephyr Teachout.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Geostomp posted:

so uh what's the endgame here

like how does this pride actually help you in any way besides make every sane human being go "wow what a loving rear end in a top hat"

what do they gain from this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

German Man: I think the Nazis were cool and good, ladies i'm single

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

She is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist who also thinks there was a coverup over the murder of Tupac.

Also the NRA is apparently having its board members use the "Conservative Tree House" meme to slander and libel Philandro Castile. Seriously I want that organization shut down they are to me now nothing more then a white supremacist organization.

The NRA are basically cartoonish supervillains by now.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock posted:

like how does this pride actually help you in any way besides make every sane human being go "wow what a loving rear end in a top hat"

The unearned pride that comes from denouncing and sabotaging an out group of people based on skin color so they can say, "at least we're not them."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Locator posted:

They've moved so far to the right that I'm actively trying to not be a member anymore (and I'm a pretty conservative, white gun owner), but their member services won't even respond to me. :iiam:

You've probably got a good read on how non-lunatic gun owners are feeling then, so what's the NRAs choice to not defend Castile causing in the circles? I've tried asking myself but I'm a known Democrat and thus a marked man even though I'm ambivalent on guns overall

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Epic High Five posted:

You've probably got a good read on how non-lunatic gun owners are feeling then, so what's the NRAs choice to not defend Castile causing in the circles? I've tried asking myself but I'm a known Democrat and thus a marked man even though I'm ambivalent on guns overall

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'circles'. I'm not terribly social (duh, I'm here) and haven't been actively involved in shooting sports in many years. I'm personally pretty horrified by all of the police shooting citizens stuff in the last few years, and haven't seen any sort of reasonable solution of any kind put forward by any politician on either side, but it's possible there's something I'm not aware of.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Locator posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'circles'. I'm not terribly social (duh, I'm here) and haven't been actively involved in shooting sports in many years. I'm personally pretty horrified by all of the police shooting citizens stuff in the last few years, and haven't seen any sort of reasonable solution of any kind put forward by any politician on either side, but it's possible there's something I'm not aware of.

You mean there isn't a secret spot you guys meet up to chat about things and chortle over fine cups of coffee, while dressed in pith helmets and khaki? :(

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I will support the Democratic nominee for Congress in that district." ~ Andrew Cuomo, on Zephyr Teachout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Zas posted:

and yet perversely every white person in america today pretends to be irish

It's so we don't have to admit we're all German.

Yinlock posted:

What Geostomp said. Also, in these times especially, they probably get a little rebellious pleasure out of it because the only reason people started to frown on free discussion of how sub-human black people are is because of PC liberal manipulation. They are speaking truth to power and if people get mad it's because they can't handle it.

• Locked thread