Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could've sworn I heard Woolie say they're starting from normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
He said before that that Easy Mode in that game *is* Normal Mode, and Normal Mode is Hard, and Hard is Super Hard.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
"i need access to 12 little girl bodies at all times" - woolie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ApeHawk posted:

He said before that that Easy Mode in that game *is* Normal Mode, and Normal Mode is Hard, and Hard is Super Hard.

Oh yeah he did basically try to say "I'm not playing easy mode!" by using the Japanese version difficulty logic.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Is there a list of changes between versions? I actually have both Japanese and English versions of Catherine, but don't know the finer details.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Megalixir posted:

Is there a list of changes between versions? I actually have both Japanese and English versions of Catherine, but don't know the finer details.

The difficulty changes are the most obvious ones, but here's a list of some more obscure ones

http://catherine.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_-_English_Differences

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Baal posted:

The difficulty changes are the most obvious ones, but here's a list of some more obscure ones

http://catherine.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_-_English_Differences

• Undo was not available in the Normal difficulty on the Japanese version, as it is in the North American version.

Wait does this mean Woolie has it backwards and American Normal is Japanese easy?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Normal difficulty in Japanese used to be balls hard mostly due to the fact you didn't have an undo option and even then US Normal only gives you three undos. The US version doesn't really get remotely challenging until the last like two stages of the game. Normal also only gives you three retries and also you get one life per pillow whereas easy gives you 10 undos and 2 lives per pillow. But yes, American Normal is closer to Japanese easy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yep, Woolie is wrong. JPN was too hard, the American version rebalanced poo poo. I think he's assuming poo poo went like it did with DmC3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So what you're telling me is that Pat, in his first ever playthrough for that video five years ago in normal mode, performs as well (gold) as Woolie does on his second (?) playthrough that's in easy mode. I hope Liam mentions something about his Catherine score so we can get more concrete power levels going.

Also this TP talk at the end of TP is actually pretty good and they nail the game's issues. I see where Woolie's coming from with wanting new and interesting art styles for Zelda, but I feel like refining what WW started and SS continued is the right move, those art styles really make me think TLoZ.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's not really any refinement of WW going on though? They just kind of dumped that artstyle into the portable garbage disposal.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Catherine is to Woolie as Dark Souls is to Pat apparently? As in he sounds confidently sure about a bunch of info when in reality he is not.

Still a good LP so far though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So I'm at part four of the Street Fighter LP and man, Necalli seems like the biggest loser in the world. So far he's only won one fight against Ryu at the start of the game and now Ryu just got his win back. And I still don't even know what his purpose in the story is.

At least Rashid and FANG are fun.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

These questions in Catherine are very dumb

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're the best lol

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Necalli seems like the biggest loser in the world.

As he should be. Necalli is like a 90s Image Comics reject.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet Liam's going to freak out over this

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

quote:

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts N' Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 14, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's actually p cool

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yep I'm buying one so long as it's not like a hundo or more

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's $60 and the spare controllers which you can use on wiimotes are $10.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do you have a link to the price and details for it?

edit: nevermind, got it. Definitely grabbing one soon as I'm able, that's just fantastic for sixty bucks. The Genesis one is a decent offering but half of the games in that one are like, solitaire and mahjong and poo poo

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 14, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Do you have a link to the price and details for it?

Just the press release that was posted in the eshop thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=495#post462079843

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Listening to Woolie explain that, "An Emotional Tryst," is sending a woman a picture of your penis is magical. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Listening to Woolie explain that, "An Emotional Tryst," is sending a woman a picture of your penis is magical. :allears:

Oh yeah, forgot to google Tryst, lesse: "A private, romantic rendezvous (arranged meeting) between lovers."
or, y'know, dick pics :allears:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It will be emotional. This dick pic I'm sending you.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm surprised they had so much difficulty describing what is essentially "seeing someone else".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tryst is a fairly uncommon word, this was my first time hearing it though English is my second language, so I'm not surprised they didn't know what it was. If I was Matt i would've just pulled out my phone and googled it but then we wouldn't have learned that it's a synonym with "an anthony weiner"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't wait for Liam to whine some more about Darkrai being in Pokken and go on another dumb "only fighting types should be in it" tirade

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OH MY GOD

IF loving SCIZOR IS PLAYABLE

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Scizor and Darkrai are cool but I'm waiting on my boy Empoleon, baby

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Scizor is playable I will play Pokken at tournaments i'm not loving kidding

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Isn't scizor the lovely red scyther guy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope they never add a new fighter type to Pokken.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I would pay for the Ice Cream Pokemon to be in Pokken.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

I hope they never add a new fighter type to Pokken.

Same except 1 more and that's Toxicroak.

Also Please Namco add playable Whimsicott, she is the cutest and most powerful pokemon ever created, namaste.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man, I can't believe that goon was right about SF5 and the Zaibatsu. They're totally hating every moment of what's basically the cartoon going on, it's getting hard to watch because you can tell they just aren't having fun at all. :jerkbag:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know if that means me but I'm really glad they're having so much fun with it after so many people had expressed disappointment.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wordnumber posted:

I would pay for the Ice Cream Pokemon to be in Pokken.

That'd be so cool.

I'd also accept Galvantula, or Darmanitan. Aegislash would be pretty interesting, a Pokemon that's mostly hitbox

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Put Crawdaunt in Pokken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
put Pikachu in.

No, not that one.

No, not THAT one.